PDA

View Full Version : E6 La.

BIGMamaSloth
2011-06-29, 08:20 PM
I was browsing through the E6 rules as I had never really fully read through them, and I came across a suggested system for level adjustment in E6.
It's basically this:

LA +0 32 point buy character.

LA +1 25 point buy character.

LA +2 18 point buy character.

LA +3 10 point buy character.

LA +4 00 point buy character.

Now I thought that was a very cool balanced system that made LA a hell of a lo more viable especially in E6 where you can't really do buy off. My only question is how RHD come into this. If I wanted to play a race that had say 2 LA and 2 RHD would I just count it as LA+4 for the purposes of determining this? or would two of my levels be RHD as well as having an 18 point buy character?

The Glyphstone
2011-06-29, 08:32 PM
Pretty sure it's Door #2 - 18 pt buy with 4 class levels. RHD are just plain bad, really, unless they're Dragon or Outsider.

BIGMamaSloth
2011-06-29, 08:43 PM
too bad. I was looking at a race that would have the examples la and rhd but there... fey hit dice :smalleek:

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-06-29, 11:46 PM
Use Half-Fey (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a), hopefully you'll even be able to use some of the higher level spell-like abilities due to virtual levels. Add it to something with a Con bonus, such as Gnome or Water Halfling. The Charm Person spell-like ability qualifies you for Mindbender, even.

Yora
2011-06-30, 12:24 AM
One possible way of handling RHD would be to keep the Hit Dice, Skill Points, BAB, and saves of the RHD, but allow characters to gain the class features of 6 class levels.

So for example, a lizardfolk druid would have 2 RHD, 4 levels of druid, plus 2/day wild shape, a 6th level druid animal companion, and a 6th level druid spellcasting.

Re'ozul
2011-06-30, 12:34 AM
Screw half-fey, go Pixie.
Your point buy will kinda suck (its a 26 point buy, the -4 strenght not included).
You will be frail and weak, but your SR and and the greater invisibility as well as the DR will be worth it.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-06-30, 12:47 AM
One possible way of handling RHD would be to keep the Hit Dice, Skill Points, BAB, and saves of the RHD, but allow characters to gain the class features of 6 class levels.

So for example, a lizardfolk druid would have 2 RHD, 4 levels of druid, plus 2/day wild shape, a 6th level druid animal companion, and a 6th level druid spellcasting.

What happens when someone wants to make a Centaur Cleric, or a Minotaur Psychic Warrior, or a Yuan-Ti Pureblood Wizard?

Yora
2011-06-30, 01:02 AM
The same thing, I would say. A Centaur cleric would be 4 RHD centaur, 2 levels of cleric, with the turn undead and spellcasting abilities of a 6th level cleric.

Minotaur would have the stats of a minotaur, with 6th level pshycic warrior manifesting and bonus feats.

After that, you start with bonus feats every 5000 XP as usual.

Of course, this works best with races with small numbers of HD and few ability modifiers and racial abilities. But ECL +8 races are probably not a good idea for PCs in an E6 game to begin with.

Baka Nikujaga
2011-06-30, 03:44 AM
:smallfrown:
According to the FAQ on the E6 PDF (page 10): You would be at an LA+2 (18 pt. buy) and two level pre-chosen (racial hit dice). Just as Glyphstone said earlier.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-06-30, 03:49 AM
The same thing, I would say. A Centaur cleric would be 4 RHD centaur, 2 levels of cleric, with the turn undead and spellcasting abilities of a 6th level cleric.

Minotaur would have the stats of a minotaur, with 6th level pshycic warrior manifesting and bonus feats.

After that, you start with bonus feats every 5000 XP as usual.

Of course, this works best with races with small numbers of HD and few ability modifiers and racial abilities. But ECL +8 races are probably not a good idea for PCs in an E6 game to begin with.

My point is, that Minotaur Psychic Warrior gets Fighter BAB and two good saves, plus the Psychic Warrior manifesting and bonus feats. It's better off than a Psychic Warrior 6 because it has better BAB and better saves, but sacrifices nothing.

Yora
2011-06-30, 05:27 AM
However, to be a minoaur with that stats, you'd have to have 4 HD and 6 levels, which is ECL 10 at 45,000 XP. The other characters also have 6 levels and 6 Bonus Feats.
+2 to attack and two good saves are not that good that it would unbalance things.

riddles
2011-06-30, 05:57 AM
This is why I like low hd lycanthropes in E6. You can get at least 1 level of warshaper and can get around the stat drops