PDA

View Full Version : A few E6 questions... [3.5/PF]

BlueInc
2011-06-29, 10:08 PM
So I didn't really look into E6 until today, and now I'm very intrigued. Most of the games I've played and DM'ed have been fairly low level so finding out how truly unbalanced the game is at 10+ has made me start looking for alternatives.

For those of you who have played E6, what were your reactions as DMs? As players? Did you feel "cheated" because you never got your high level abilities? How powerful did you feel in the world? Did your classes feel balanced?

Also, has anyone tried E6 with Pathfinder? I really feel like PF might be perfect for E6 because of all the nice things you get at low levels in PF; all the alternate class features means you could end up with several very different low level PCs of the same class.

McSmack
2011-06-29, 10:14 PM
I'm considering doing an E6/gestalt game in Pathfinder eventually. I'd also like to hear what people have to say about it.

Blisstake
2011-06-29, 11:34 PM
I usually find gestalt against the spirit of E6, but I suppose it wouldn't be horrible to add. Pathfinder works pretty well with the E6 rules, considering some of the nifty abilities you get early on will still be used at the height of your power. It also lets wizards, clerics, and sorcerers less limited from their low total spells per day since they get specialization/domain/bloodline abilities.