PDA

View Full Version : The Ghostsea OOC

diregamer
2011-06-30, 10:06 AM
OOC.

A few things about combat, for sanity sake post at least 2 rounds when going into combat. I would like everyone to post their characters here and if you'd like you can do the whole color picking of text while ur at it.

Point of note, if I use or anyone else uses seafaring jargon that you don't understand ASK. Tis better to be find out that no one knows what Im talking about then to have a Gazebo (http://dndshallneverdie.blogspot.com/2007/11/from-dread-gazebo-part-of-blackhammers.html)incident.

slaydemons
2011-06-30, 11:26 AM
rolling my sailor check

[roll0]

though seriously I believe it means what company the belong too and is this ship worth at least 10,000 gp?

Grytorm
2011-06-30, 12:15 PM
Argent (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=19724) Sea Green! Isn't it pretty!

slaydemons
2011-06-30, 12:20 PM
this time I guess "Navy blue Jon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=308402)."

Amphetryon
2011-06-30, 01:17 PM
Groh Darkdagger (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=308445), who speaks in dark red.
[roll0]

RaggedAngel
2011-06-30, 01:20 PM
Callia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=308791) will speak in dark green, then.

Profession, Sailor: [roll0]

Cieyrin
2011-06-30, 01:25 PM
Chanean Tembleton (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=308988)
M CG Imago Bard 4, Level 4+1/ECL 5, Init +3, HP 29/29, Speed 20'
AC 15, Touch 14, Flat-footed 12, Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +5, Base Attack Bonus 3
MW Longsword +6 (1d6+1, 19-20/x2)
Dagger (3) +5 (M) or +7 (R) (1d3+1, 19-20/x2)
Shortbow (20) +7 (1d4, x3)
Thistledown Padded (+1 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 16, Wis 11, Cha 20
Condition Normal
Bardic Music 4/day
Who likes this color, even if it's more orangish than the brown it claims to be.

slaydemons
2011-06-30, 01:27 PM
Chanean Tembleton (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=308988)
M CG Imago Bard 4, Level 4+1/ECL 5, Init +3, HP 29/29, DR -, Speed 20'
AC 15, Touch 14, Flat-footed 12, Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +5, Base Attack Bonus 3
MW Longsword +6 (1d6+1, 19-20/x2)
Dagger (3) +5 (M) or +7 (R) (1d3+1, 19-20/x2)
Shortbow (20) +7 (1d4, x3)
Thistledown Padded (+1 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 16, Wis 11, Cha 20
Condition Normal
Bardic Music 4/day
Who likes this color, even if it's more orangish than the brown it claims to be.

just don't underline and its fine XD

Edit: I already love the factotum.... 22 on a listen check XD

RaggedAngel
2011-06-30, 01:34 PM

Edit: I already love the factotum.... 22 on a listen check XD

You should look at her trained skills. She's trained in everything but some of the Knowledges, Intimidate, and Ride.

Cieyrin
2011-06-30, 01:44 PM

It's underlined b/c that's just how Giants displays links. I don't intend to place specific emphasis on my name otherwise. :smallwink:

slaydemons
2011-06-30, 01:45 PM
It's underlined b/c that's just how Giants displays links. I don't intend to place specific emphasis on my name otherwise. :smallwink:

I was saying it so I don't confuse it with a link I knew the first was a link but just don't underline XD

Edit 1: factotum beat by four by the monkey like man thing <.< groh

Edit 2: I just realised this is in an ic section ooc has its own threads bro

Cieyrin
2011-06-30, 02:35 PM
You should look at her trained skills. She's trained in everything but some of the Knowledges, Intimidate, and Ride.

I don't actually see ranks in any Knowledges on your character sheet. :smallconfused:

I work reasonably well as a the party walking library, as I have ranks in every knowledge 'cept Local and Nobility and Royalty, which tend to be region-based, anyways, as well as Bardic Knowledge and Trivial Knowledge, which lets me roll twice on any knowledge check and take the better roll. :smallwink:

RaggedAngel
2011-06-30, 02:48 PM
I don't actually see ranks in any Knowledges on your character sheet. :smallconfused:

I work reasonably well as a the party walking library, as I have ranks in every knowledge 'cept Local and Nobility and Royalty, which tend to be region-based, anyways, as well as Bardic Knowledge and Trivial Knowledge, which lets me roll twice on any knowledge check and take the better roll. :smallwink:

Hm. You're right, I didn't give her any Knowledge. Ah, well, Callia's not much of a library-type factotum; she's more of a skill-tacular factotum.

Besides, she can't do everything. We do need to spread the love around a little bit. ;)

Cieyrin
2011-06-30, 03:07 PM
Hm. You're right, I didn't give her any Knowledge. Ah, well, Callia's not much of a library-type factotum; she's more of a skill-tacular factotum.

Besides, she can't do everything. We do need to spread the love around a little bit. ;)

True, true. Let's not collect all our eggs in one basket and whatnot. :smallsmile:

slaydemons
2011-06-30, 03:11 PM
you know.... coming to this site.... shattered my thoughts on D&D into a whole new sensation of awesome and explosions

edit basically my friends who I played with sucked

RaggedAngel
2011-06-30, 03:19 PM
you know.... coming to this site.... shattered my thoughts on D&D into a whole new sensation of awesome and explosions

edit basically my friends who I played with sucked

That may be harsh to your friends, but yes, people who play online are typically people who love the game enough to devote exceptional time and attention to it. Therefore, the average online player is 'better' than the average RL player, at least rules-wise. Additionally, it's easier to RP online, when you lots of time to think.

slaydemons
2011-06-30, 03:29 PM
not all of them are rubbish, but one guy wanted to be a druid just so he could have bear shenanigans the first time it was funny not so much the 20th time and one of them outright said no when I asked him to read spells, he is a wizard.

Grytorm
2011-06-30, 05:37 PM
I found a typo in Calia's sheet. Second to last paragraph uses he and him to refer to Calia.

Also, are Calia and Jon from Targ?

slaydemons
2011-06-30, 05:42 PM
nope but they did just happen to re-meet XD

diregamer
2011-06-30, 06:18 PM
whew big post. I regret that posting 2 times per day is pretty much my max. sorry.

RaggedAngel
2011-06-30, 06:24 PM
I found a typo in Calia's sheet. Second to last paragraph uses he and him to refer to Calia.

Also, are Calia and Jon from Targ?

Sorry about that. I used a paragraph of the backstory of a factotum I tried to play in a game a while back; sadly, that character died with the game. I'll fix that; thanks for pointing it out.

slaydemons
2011-06-30, 06:25 PM
whew big post. I regret that posting 2 times per day is pretty much my max. sorry.

slow comp or not alot of time?

Cieyrin
2011-06-30, 08:40 PM
Bah, I'm a terrible sailor. 3 and 9 on my checks. This is why I have other people around with an actual Wisdom score and ranks in the skill more than the token rank I have. :smalltongue:

slaydemons
2011-06-30, 08:55 PM
Bah, I'm a terrible sailor. 3 and 9 on my checks. This is why I have other people around with an actual Wisdom score and ranks in the skill more than the token rank I have. :smalltongue:

I still did better then you XD, also don't worry when I go dread pirate every one will have massive insight bonus to it

RaggedAngel
2011-06-30, 09:14 PM
Bah, I'm a terrible sailor. 3 and 9 on my checks. This is why I have other people around with an actual Wisdom score and ranks in the skill more than the token rank I have.

I still did better then you XD, also don't worry when I go dread pirate every one will have massive insight bonus to it

Uh, slaydemons? He was pointing out how poorly he did. Why are you bragging that you did better than him?

slaydemons
2011-06-30, 09:45 PM
Uh, slaydemons? He was pointing out how poorly he did. Why are you bragging that you did better than him?

sorry, now I feel like an *** and rather bad.

so cieyrin sorry for me being an *** to you.

diregamer
2011-06-30, 09:55 PM

rl is why I'm not on a computer most of the day

im not meaning for the flags to be a big thing *shrug*

Psilulz
2011-06-30, 10:03 PM
Traven Fieldson (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=309173) will be talking in gray.

Psilulz
2011-06-30, 10:17 PM
Forgot to make my checks =.=

Prof Sailor: [roll0]
Prof Sailor: [roll1]
Know (Arcana): [roll2] to see if Traven would know about what could have possibly caused something like this?

slaydemons
2011-06-30, 10:35 PM
btw is shades of grey comes here you never answered if you drew lucy if you did, that is awesome when this campaign ends can you draw me one of presumably my character.

diregamer
2011-07-01, 06:36 AM
Umm sure psilulz. a series of spells could have cause this.
One disintegrate for each crew. gust of wind. Lots of unseen servants. otherwise, no singular spell.

slaydemons
2011-07-01, 03:52 PM
alarm can be useful here besides being a neat little sleep warding thing

Psilulz
2011-07-01, 03:53 PM
If we are against something that can do that... I'm worried :smallbiggrin:
lol it's just a habit really, resorting to knowl(arc) when unusual things happen :smalltongue:

slaydemons
2011-07-01, 03:56 PM
lol it's just a habit really, resorting to knowl(arc) when unusual things happen :smalltongue:

after this round of what people do I am setting an alarm spell at the the door way we came down from that is what I am resorting to XD

Grytorm
2011-07-01, 08:31 PM

Perhaps an Admantine Horror? Do't have my books with me though. I just hope diregamer does not own the MMII...

Edit
Continuity error! Doesn't really matter, but

"Pity, at least we will get salvage." Argent says walking the deck, he eventually walks up to the doors and he examines them. Looking for sign of damage.

I did take a moment to grab the belaying pin. Go Argent! Spoiling the mood!

Double Edit
Now that I think about it I did have him drop it again, and he did step into the brig...

Cieyrin
2011-07-01, 08:48 PM
Now that I think about it I did have him drop it again, and he did step into the brig...

I'm thinking that whatever was there isn't anymore but that's just my impression.

slaydemons
2011-07-02, 12:00 PM
I actually am wondering why it was a will save to girls, maybe it has to do with the earth superstition that girls are bad on ships.

RaggedAngel
2011-07-02, 12:05 PM
I actually am wondering why it was a will save to girls, maybe it has to do with the earth superstition that girls are bad on ships.

It's because chicks are lamzorz. :smallwink::smalltongue:

That said, I find it interesting; perhaps there's a lecherous old ghost watching us invisibly.

slaydemons
2011-07-02, 12:30 PM
It's because chicks are lamzorz. :smallwink::smalltongue:

That said, I find it interesting; perhaps there's a lecherous old ghost watching us invisibly.

I hope not what if we get a cursed sword that changes our gender...... its either the old ghost will get pissed cause there is less girls, or the ghost gets really happy as there is now going to be some lesbian on board

Cieyrin
2011-07-02, 12:47 PM
I hope not what if we get a cursed sword that changes our gender...... its either the old ghost will get pissed cause there is less girls, or the ghost gets really happy as there is now going to be some lesbian on board

We'll just have to wait and see, now shant we? :smalltongue:

Cieyrin
2011-07-02, 04:09 PM
Sorry to double post but 2 things @ diregamer:

1) Ardent entered the brig at this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11326373&postcount=32).

2) Chane poked his head into the brig, though a minute or two after Ardent, @ this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11329943&postcount=39), so should I be making a Ref save against whatever as well? :smallconfused:

slaydemons
2011-07-03, 03:30 PM
ohh thank god, I have rope we can tie up ever girl with ease

slaydemons
2011-07-04, 11:53 PM
that roll I forgot lets get above 10 XD

[roll0]

Cieyrin
2011-07-05, 10:54 AM
Disarming someone of a mop, why is it always mops with my characters? :smallwink:

diregamer
2011-07-05, 12:33 PM
... Wait, what? You have had to disarm someone armed with a cursed mop before?

slaydemons
2011-07-05, 12:58 PM
heh breaking the mop turns who ever did it into a girl most likely XD i'm don't know that it could have adverse side effects so I am still going to break it thinking its possessed by a ghost and destroying it would destroy the ghost

Cieyrin
2011-07-05, 01:55 PM
... Wait, what? You have had to disarm someone armed with a cursed mop before?

No, one of my previous characters was a thri-kreen who moon lighted as a janitor. He was known for his Two Mop Style! :smallbiggrin:

Also, holy knowledge checks, two 20s and a 17. :smallcool:

Also also, what's up with the fascination with gender changing magic, slays? This ain't Tomb of Horrors (least, I hope not...)

slaydemons
2011-07-05, 02:13 PM
No, one of my previous characters was a thri-kreen who moon lighted as a janitor. He was known for his Two Mop Style! :smallbiggrin:

Also, holy knowledge checks, two 20s and a 17. :smallcool:

Also also, what's up with the fascination with gender changing magic, slays? This ain't Tomb of Horrors (least, I hope not...)

I always ALWAY wanted to spring that on my team just to see what would happen next boom gender swap rogue uses his new found womanly features to get free booze XD

Grytorm
2011-07-05, 08:58 PM
If we are running on the assumption that the mop will switch genders when broken I should probably break it. It might not be able to affect him, or turn him into a stereotype because of his lack of understanding about women.

slaydemons
2011-07-05, 09:00 PM
If we are running on the assumption that the mop will switch genders when broken I should probably break it. It might not be able to affect him, or turn him into a stereotype because of his lack of understanding about women.

your a warforged you will just change voices lets get the gnome to do it or some bard as changing from a male to female changes your voice pitch so it will be funny as we both took sing (totally going to do duets)

Cieyrin
2011-07-05, 09:24 PM

I don't know why we're even assuming it'll do anything of the sort. All we've seen it do is possess somebody with an urge to clean ship, which I don't see, in character, lending itself necessarily to it gender bending anybody. The magic it's worked is Enchantment, maybe Necromancy, not the Transmutation it would need for that. Also, Chane's quite secure in his masculinity, thanks. He'd rather keep the family jewels where they are. :smallwink:

I've played Tomb of Horrors and Baldur's Gate enough that I don't really feel a need to have a literal Freudian slip occur, if you know what I mean. :smalltongue:

slaydemons
2011-07-05, 09:28 PM
I've played Tomb of Horrors and Baldur's Gate enough that I don't really feel a need to have a literal Freudian slip occur, if you know what I mean. :smalltongue:

only slightly but I assume there was an object in tomb of horrors that did as I said?

Cieyrin
2011-07-05, 09:45 PM
only slightly but I assume there was an object in tomb of horrors that did as I said?

Gygax just liked portals that not only took you places but did things to whoever went through them, like take all your gear and change your gender.

RaggedAngel
2011-07-06, 08:30 AM
Gygax just liked portals that not only took you places but did things to whoever went through them, like take all your gear and change your gender.

And since a gender change has no effect, mechanically, it suggests certain things about the great Gygax. :smallwink::smallbiggrin:

slaydemons
2011-07-06, 10:14 AM
And since a gender change has no effect, mechanically, it suggests certain things about the great Gygax. :smallwink::smallbiggrin:

that he was into roleplaying alot?

Cieyrin
2011-07-06, 12:06 PM
that he was into roleplaying alot?

That he has an interesting sense of humor, certainly.

Grytorm
2011-07-06, 08:27 PM
Well looking at the back story of the mop are DM has an interesting sense of humor. Perhaps he is possessed by Gygax?

Cieyrin
2011-07-06, 08:36 PM
Well looking at the back story of the mop are DM has an interesting sense of humor. Perhaps he is possessed by Gygax?

Hey, it amused me, so why not? There are worse things than to be possessed by legendary game designers. :smallwink:

diregamer
2011-07-07, 06:32 AM
im pretty sure im not possessed thankfully at the least not by a mop...

Grytorm
2011-07-07, 10:36 AM
Well the only way to know for certain would be an exorcism. Sadly it may have side effects on your DMing ability. Well I have at least one idea for an implement detrimental to EGG, a twelve foot collapsible poll.

Grytorm
2011-07-07, 10:45 AM
Rolling the spot and listen OOC so I know what I know in the IC.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

RaggedAngel
2011-07-07, 11:26 AM
The same for Callia:

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

slaydemons
2011-07-07, 12:00 PM
The same for jon

listen [roll0] no way to win that

spot [roll1]

I guess not XD and fail I got a 0

RaggedAngel
2011-07-07, 12:11 PM
The same for jon

listen [roll0] no way to win that

spot [roll1]

I guess not XD and fail I got a 0

Jon suddenly gets the urge to jab his own ears out!

Cieyrin
2011-07-07, 12:41 PM
Jon suddenly gets the urge to jab his own ears out!

More like he here's the slooshing of his brain and is at ease as he thinks of the ocean.

Grytorm
2011-07-07, 02:00 PM
Don't forget the +2 bonus to listen checks because of the unnatural silence.

Cieyrin
2011-07-10, 08:38 PM
Just to make sure you notice, diregamer, I'm Inspiring Competence in Callia's Disable Device. Hopefully 29 will be good enough, eh? :smallwink:

slaydemons
2011-07-10, 09:23 PM
Jon and Chane able to heal with songs XD can we sing don't stop believing?

Cieyrin
2011-07-10, 09:45 PM
Jon and Chane able to heal with songs XD can we sing don't stop believing?

None of my spells heal, actually. I'm...more tactical support and battlefield control. I considered picking up Healing Hymn but decided having Fascinate was probably still a good thing to have.

slaydemons
2011-07-10, 11:06 PM
None of my spells heal, actually. I'm...more tactical support and battlefield control. I considered picking up Healing Hymn but decided having Fascinate was probably still a good thing to have.

I got a cure moderate wounds once a day and a cure light wounds 3 times a day

RaggedAngel
2011-07-10, 11:37 PM
Just to make sure you notice, diregamer, I'm Inspiring Competence in Callia's Disable Device. Hopefully 29 will be good enough, eh? :smallwink:

Watch it be DC 30. :smallwink:

That said, thank you for the boost. Skillmonkies liiiike boosts. :smallsmile:

slaydemons
2011-07-11, 08:05 AM
well you know what, Jon is all like green with envy the other bard got hugged why do I love my background with elf crush so much XD?

RaggedAngel
2011-07-11, 11:40 AM
well you know what, Jon is all like green with envy the other bard got hugged why do I love my background with elf crush so much XD?

Ha. Callia's not picky; she gives affection to anyone who's willing to give her compliments. :smallbiggrin:

slaydemons
2011-07-11, 12:35 PM
Ha. Callia's not picky; she gives affection to anyone who's willing to give her compliments. :smallbiggrin:

I still like the elf crush thing it gives him a reason for ambition (stereotypical men needing to prove themselves to the woman they like)

RaggedAngel
2011-07-11, 01:02 PM
I still like the elf crush thing it gives him a reason for ambition (stereotypical men needing to prove themselves to the woman they like)

Well, she is a stereotypical "sexy young rogueish type", so that fits in perfectly.

*sigh*. I should feel bad for perpetuating female stereotypes, but it's just so much fun. :smallredface::smallwink:

slaydemons
2011-07-11, 03:11 PM
Well, she is a stereotypical "sexy young rogueish type", so that fits in perfectly.

*sigh*. I should feel bad for perpetuating female stereotypes, but it's just so much fun. :smallredface::smallwink:

well sometimes it is just that fun as heck to do stereotypes I am playing two in one, brave but naive, likes a girl but wants to prove himself

diregamer
2011-07-12, 05:04 PM
FYI POSTING tmw morning due to work. sorry. be big post tho

RaggedAngel
2011-07-12, 05:31 PM
FYI POSTING tmw morning due to work. sorry. be big post tho

Hurray! Any posts are good posts, diregamer, don't worry. Waiting a day shan't be a problem. :smallsmile:

So, how goes RL with you guys?

slaydemons
2011-07-12, 05:53 PM
today is my birthday, had steak and cake and now playing TES: oblivion

Cieyrin
2011-07-12, 06:15 PM
For me, got through the second day of an excessive heat warning (90% humidity is not fun :smallannoyed:). Hoping to hear back from the company I applied with soon, in the mean time trying to find employment better than roofing. At least roofing pays better than flipping burgers or stocking shelves. Not quite as menial, either.

Also, lol 'flamboyant gnome guy' comment. Color me amused. :smallbiggrin:

Psilulz
2011-07-12, 07:52 PM
today is my birthday, had steak and cake and now playing TES: oblivion

very nice
excited for skyrim? :smallbiggrin:

slaydemons
2011-07-12, 08:18 PM
very nice
excited for skyrim? :smallbiggrin:

yes, because I am totally getting that nice map (preordered it)

Grytorm
2011-07-13, 12:50 PM
Oh happy birthday
Oh happy birthday
You're getting older
Never younger
Have a happy birthday

Sorry for not noticing your birthday yesterday.

slaydemons
2011-07-13, 02:17 PM
Oh happy birthday
Oh happy birthday
You're getting older
Never younger
Have a happy birthday

Sorry for not noticing your birthday yesterday.

its okay I don't really care

Cieyrin
2011-07-14, 06:43 PM
She listens with horror as the loud, steady thumping begins below. "Drums." She whispers with a small, faint grin. "Drums in the deep."

*groan* Fitting and kinda funny but still *groan* :smallwink:

Cieyrin
2011-07-17, 04:29 PM
@RaggedAngel: You forgot your initiative roll. :smallwink:

@Grytorm: You don't take a TWF penalty for swinging a manufactured weapon and a natural weapon in the same round. The secondary natural weapon penalty covers it and just applies to the slam, not the sword. So, basically, your attacks in round 2 should both be 2 higher.

Also, since diregamer didn't spoiler the info, consider it shared, as I stand as the DM's Knowledge check mouthpiece. :smallwink:

diregamer
2011-07-17, 11:20 PM
Yah what he said... tho how ineffective you would not have known... your characters would not have expected it to split. even still it seems to be working out. I dont expect it will get a second attack in.

note: con drain is not con damage.

Grytorm
2011-07-17, 11:28 PM
The ooze is stated to drain blood, will it affect (effect? CURSE YOU ACCURSED HOMONYMS) Argent because he is a bloodless construct?

RaggedAngel
2011-07-18, 12:24 PM
Sorry about not rolling obit; I blame my computer problems. I'm also unable to check my sheet right now, so please add the right modifier; it should be around +10.

[roll0]

Grytorm
2011-07-18, 09:48 PM
Should we post the next two rounds actions?

Edit: And what exactly was the result of my slam attack?

diregamer
2011-07-19, 04:20 PM
It was factored into the destruction of the first split. Yes it will affect the bloodless construct draining oil and other essential fluids instead of blood. The Dark Ooze doesnt know how to distinguish the difference.

Yes it was plus 10

Yes post the next round at least, if you are as effective as last time you shouldnt have to post more then one but I would prefer everyone post 2 rounds worth of actions.

Sorry for the silence the last two days have been an evil nightmare of doom dc 22

slaydemons
2011-07-20, 09:34 PM
ohh man I thought drain meant it would come back... Ha we need someone with restoration XD

Cieyrin
2011-07-21, 10:01 AM
What exactly does the masterwork spyglass do, exactly? :smallconfused:

And does the Navigator's Kit stack with the Sextant I already have? It's listed on Stormwrack pg 108.

diregamer
2011-07-23, 02:33 PM
he looked at the man made of stone

You have no idea...

slaydemons
2011-07-23, 02:37 PM
You have no idea...

I meant ardent XD

diregamer
2011-07-23, 02:40 PM
I will give the master spyglass +2 on spot on long ranged stuff and +2 on pro (navigation/cartographer) when navigating by landmarks.

There is a sextant in the navigation kit, so the navigation kit would provide the same bonus. sorry.

slaydemons
2011-07-23, 03:00 PM
Have to ask would I be able to get dread pirate as long as I am the captain?

Cieyrin
2011-07-23, 03:21 PM
Have to ask would I be able to get dread pirate as long as I am the captain?

I'd imagine the ship is well within the gold piece requirement, and it just said acquire, which we just did.

slaydemons
2011-07-23, 03:53 PM
indeed First need my swashy buckler levels (I have the complete warrior not phb 2) and then I can get dread pirate later (I have complete adventurer) I have them in hard cover

diregamer
2011-07-24, 06:39 AM
Well crap. This has never happened to me before and Im real sorry about that. I meant chane not argent. totally wrong but the will save was too low anyway so perhaps its all for the best that everyone doesnt realize whats going on... or isnt going on.... So on we merrily go. As if the checks never happened and my spoiler was never there.

RaggedAngel
2011-07-24, 11:38 AM
Hurray, more HP/Skill points/Saves/Feats!

[roll0] EDIT- I'm going to request a re-roll, on the grounds that we need more tough melee, which Callia is, and rolling a 1 kind of gimps her.

Okay, here's my proposal: during this week Callia finds a cleric of Olidamarra who agrees to remove the belt, and in exchange they get to keep it. She uses Gather Information to find a suitably tricky cleric [roll1] and then makes a Diplomacy check [roll2] to convince him to take the deal.

She goes into the meeting with Detect Thoughts up, and she casts Charm Person as a spell-like ability (so Silenced and Stilled) if he doesn't immediately go for it. The save DC for Detect Thoughts (which I hope will provide a bonus to Diplomacy) is 18, and the save DC for Charm Person is 17.

Sound good to you?

slaydemons
2011-07-24, 12:33 PM
I want to go with callia to get restored of my ability drain and here is my health roll I assume is for next level?

Cieyrin
2011-07-24, 12:38 PM
I'll level a bit later, the first order of business is dividing up the loot.

The loot list is:
110,000 cp
6000 sp
50 gp
120 pp
Cursed Mop (Makes you want to clean, deactivates with command word: Good Enough)
Decanter of Endless Water (command words: Tidu, Esk, Fo)
Bottle of Elven Chardonay (200 gp)
2 days dried seaweed rations (included for completeness)
Haunted Chains (Abjuration magic)
Alarm Bell (Illusion magic)
Noble crested amulet (1400 gp+)
Cursed Belt of Hilariousness (Obviously Callia's :smalltongue:)
MW Spyglass (1050 gp, +2 on spot on long ranged stuff and +2 on pro (navigation/cartographer) when navigating by landmarks)
Navigator's Kit (250 gold, +2 survival, kno: geography, Profession: Cartographer on the sea, possession on a ship allows it to sail with 5/1 less crew, includes sextant)
Gloves of Attunement (+3 UMD, 1000 gp)
+2 Heavy Pick (8308 gp)
Scroll of Cat's Grace, Minor Image, Burning Hands.
Potion of CLW
Wand of SM1 (CL 10)

I'd do an initial split of the coins but there's other loot that's not quite liquidated as of yet. We should also do something about the silver coin deathtrap room, as, well, I'd like to be able to use all parts of the Clueless Nogram, y'know?

I'll post again a bit later, I have errands to run today...

slaydemons
2011-07-24, 01:38 PM
first a split of the coins then we set out the items we find what would better be served as no ones items just items everyone uses then we draw numbers 1-10 we go in that order picking one item we want until everyone gets a turn.

RaggedAngel
2011-07-24, 01:45 PM
Does anyone else use UMD? Callia's got max ranks in that, and with UMD more is always better.

As for the scrolls, Callia can use them, but they may be better used with others. Other than the two bards, what casters do we have? Have any of them banned Evocation/Illusion/Transmutation?

If you banned Transmutation, I'm going to have to take your optimization license.

slaydemons
2011-07-24, 01:57 PM
I got near max ranks and its something I intend on increasing even after its not on my spell list I got +10 on the skill modifier and was thinking on taking able learner for my next feat and quick draw for my 9th level feat just so I don't have to spend extra skill points on keeping it max level

Edit: but its not part of the build I am going for so if you want it ragged I won't take it even if I am first

diregamer
2011-07-24, 02:13 PM
Hurray, more HP/Skill points/Saves/Feats!

[roll0] EDIT- I'm going to request a re-roll, on the grounds that we need more tough melee, which Callia is, and rolling a 1 kind of gimps her.

Okay, here's my proposal: during this week Callia finds a cleric of Olidamarra who agrees to remove the belt, and in exchange they get to keep it. She uses Gather Information to find a suitably tricky cleric [roll1] and then makes a Diplomacy check [roll2] to convince him to take the deal.

She goes into the meeting with Detect Thoughts up, and she casts Charm Person as a spell-like ability (so Silenced and Stilled) if he doesn't immediately go for it. The save DC for Detect Thoughts (which I hope will provide a bonus to Diplomacy) is 18, and the save DC for Charm Person is 17.

Sound good to you?

Are you sure you dont want to keep it? haha. ok its gone and reroll granted.

slaydemons
2011-07-24, 02:27 PM
I have to ask id we get a level up I thought we only got half a level or did we get like a level and a half so confused.

diregamer
2011-07-24, 02:41 PM
Restoration........ granted and done. Value of the bell, 1k. Chains not removable. The room was trapped if Callia spends time on it, it will take no time at all to remove.

RaggedAngel
2011-07-24, 02:57 PM
Callia will indeed untrap and unlock every door and trap on the boat, taking 20 if she needs too.

Hurray new hit die! [roll0]

slaydemons
2011-07-24, 03:23 PM
well in case of 1 1/2 level up I am putting my next level in swashbuckler [roll0] and we will say ever other moment callia wasn't untrapping the ship Jon was asking her to practice his fencing learning weapon finesse and how to take a hit more can

Edit: I also get a reroll if not for +1 con that would be a 1 that I think would be a blow of death

Cieyrin
2011-07-24, 03:33 PM
Restoration........ granted and done. Value of the bell, 1k. Chains not removable. The room was trapped if Callia spends time on it, it will take no time at all to remove.

Was there actually anything in that room besides the crazy death trap and its triggering coin?

Also, what kind of split are we going for? Shades and Amph have kinda disappeared, so we have 5 active players (myself, slay, Ragged, Grytorm & Psilulz), so would that be a 5 way split, then?

@slays: Fairly sure it's 1.5 levels, that's the assumption I'm going under.

After checking my build, advance Bard! [roll0] Blarg, min hp roll! Rudd doesn't favor me this day! :smallfrown:

Before I distribute skill points, diregamer, how are Knowledge(Local) and (Nobility & Royalty) treated, general or regional? Like do I need Knowledge(Local - Targ) and Knowledge(Nobility & Royalty - Salamandastrom) or are we not getting that specific?

slaydemons
2011-07-24, 03:39 PM
Was there actually anything in that room besides the crazy death trap and its triggering coin?

Also, what kind of split are we going for? Shades and Amph have kinda disappeared, so we have 5 active players (myself, slay, Ragged, Grytorm & Psilulz), so would that be a 5 way split, then?

After checking my build, advance Bard! 1 Blarg, min hp roll! Rudd doesn't favor me this day! :smallfrown:

everyone got 1 on that hp roll XD

also can't take able learner sadly
what books are we allowed again XD I believe stormrack and the completes and dungeon scape since we have a factorum

Cieyrin
2011-07-24, 04:41 PM
Oh, i forgot the wand on the loot list. Added.

Speaking of, what CL is it? 1 round casting to get 1 round of a celestial monkey seems not terribly useful, even if you can do it 50 times...

Psilulz
2011-07-24, 05:32 PM
We could use them to disable the silver coin trap... :smallbiggrin:

Grytorm
2011-07-24, 08:56 PM
Not certain what level to take next. Field Chef from Portable Hole Full of Beer and the DM allowed it. But about the only thing I would get from 1 level would be +2 Fortitude. And the table has an ability that is not described in the text. But my character is not particularly aimed for anything else. What were the multiclass restrictions again?

Edit

Argent moves his stuff to the Namgorn, and he asks about town for the cost of replacement siege engines. He will hire a cleric to cast speak with dead on one of the skeletons of possible. He also holds a funeral for the deceased sailors and asks the cleric for any advice on the ghost problem. Taking a few minutes to show he or she the chains.

Cieyrin
2011-07-24, 09:05 PM
Not certain what level to take next. Field Chef from Portable Hole Full of Beer and the DM allowed it. But about the only thing I would get from 1 level would be +2 Fortitude. And the table has an ability that is not described in the text. But my character is not particularly aimed for anything else. What were the multiclass restrictions again?

If you take a 10 level PrC, you need to finish it. That's 'bout it.

diregamer
2011-07-25, 06:50 AM

After checking my build, advance Bard! [roll0] Blarg, min hp roll! Rudd doesn't favor me this day! :smallfrown:

Before I distribute skill points, diregamer, how are Knowledge(Local) and (Nobility & Royalty) treated, general or regional? Like do I need Knowledge(Local - Targ) and Knowledge(Nobility & Royalty - Salamandastrom) or are we not getting that specific?

Reroll granted to those who roll a 1 and not taking a level in wizard.

Not getting that specific.

Nothing else in the room except lesson in the evil of greed.

Party wealth is up to the party for how it is distributed.

Everyone should be at 6.5 less exp spent for magic items

diregamer
2011-07-25, 07:05 AM
Oh, i forgot the wand on the loot list. Added.

Speaking of, what CL is it? 1 round casting to get 1 round of a celestial monkey seems not terribly useful, even if you can do it 50 times...

cl 10

Basic Cookery (Ex): The Field Chef can make anything
edible, even to people without the Eat Anything
feat. With a successful Profession (cook) check (DC
15+ CR of the creature) a Field Chef can use this
extraordinary ability to turn any deceased creature into
an edible meal in under an hour.
Mass Cooking (Ex): With a few vegetables, some
water or stock and a very large pot, a Field Chef can
use this extraordinary ability to feed huge numbers of
people. In one single-hour session, the Field Chef can
prepare food for 20 people per Field Chef level. This
requires the meat of one medium-size creature per 10
people present. Larger and smaller creatures are worth
4 times more or less meat than a medium-size creature.
If the meat being used is not normally edible, then the
Basic Cookery ability must be used also.

Argent moves his stuff to the Namgorn, and he asks about town for the cost of replacement siege engines. He will hire a cleric to cast speak with dead on one of the skeletons of possible. He also holds a funeral for the deceased sailors and asks the cleric for any advice on the ghost problem. Taking a few minutes to show he or she the chains.

The cleric will be unable to get anything other then unintelligible screaming out of any of the dead that they attempt to speak with from the ship. The cleric's advice on the chains is to find someone who can destroy the magic in them as that is all that is holding the ghost here.

You gain a +1 to all diplomacy checks while in Targ for your good deeds. Permanent or till u do something dumb evil.

slaydemons
2011-07-25, 07:41 AM
Reroll for hp delish HP [roll0]

excuse me this calls for the situation *rage poster impression*

Cieyrin
2011-07-25, 08:52 AM
Bard hp reroll. C'mon, look kindly on these dice I'm about to roll... [roll0]

110,000 cp (1100 gp)/5 = 22,000 cp per member
6000 sp (600 gp)/5 = 300 sp per member
50 gp (50 gp)/5 = 10 gp per member
120 pp (1200 gp) = 24 pp per member

Total value: 2950 gp/5 = 590 gp per member.

I have no interest in the gloves, so I leave those to Ragged and slay to figure out.

I'd offer the scrolls up to Psilulz as resident wizard (or at least, I think he's a wizard...) if they aren't in his spellbook and he's interested. If not, I'd be interested in Minor Image but I don't much care for the other two.

The Heavy Pick seems to best fit with Argent to replace the shortsword, should he be interested in it, since it's a strict upgrade other than it can't be finessed, though that's semi-made up for with the +2 enhancement. On a side note, I don't mean to dictate your character but, at least in terms of your meleeing, you can two weapon fight and have the slam included at the end, since the Warforged slam doesn't specify using your hand with it. It'd just be treated as a secondary natural attack, so, with your current build, your progression would be +7(handaxe/slashing)/+7(shortsword/piercing)/+3(slam/bludgeoning). As a secondary natural weapon, it takes a -5 to hit and half str to damage but it's still a free attack you have by virtue of being warforged, so take advantage! :smallbiggrin:

I'd be interested in the Decanter or the Navigator's Kit, though Psilulz is a bit better as a a navigator than I am.

Before I forget, I'm gonna try to identify the noble house of the amulet, see if I can track them down and then see about getting use some work (READ: find adventure hook) and invest my new wealth into more trade goods to store in my personal lockbox, which I'll have moved on board, as well as see if I can get a properly sized hammock set up and see about rations.

Knowledge(Nobility & Royalty) [roll1][roll2]
Bardic Knowledge [roll3][roll4]
Gather Info for work/transport contracts/cheap goods that'll sell better elsewhere: [roll5]

slaydemons
2011-07-25, 02:45 PM
if I can re roll ones [roll0] COME ON LUCKY SEVEN XD,

Edit: D: really?

Psilulz
2011-07-25, 04:47 PM
What have you done to enrage the dice gods, slay? :smalleek:

You can take the minor image scroll, I'll take the other two.
Indifferent about the Nav kit.

diregamer
2011-07-25, 06:12 PM
The deep dwarf purveyor of fine artifacts that you take the amulet to takes the amulet gently in hand. Nodding and smiling before licking, yes he licked the stone amulet. "It's stone. Enchanted to look like something else but it's still stone. Mined from the Telnak Hills if I still have a tongue." He peers hard at the simple art on the amulet. "The dark House of Nox dabbled in things that should not be dabbled in. They were the oozemasters that fought along side the Ooze queen. It is rumored that they were the first pioneers into ooze magic... and also the last. This is the symbol for the house but before they fell. So many years ago. But this amulet is new... wierd..." He hands it back to you.

diregamer
2011-07-25, 06:55 PM
Im going to use this list to get the campaign moving.

Five contracts are currently being offered.
1. Luke's Fishing needs ships for their fishing fleet due to the loss of 2 in a recent storm. Low pay low risk big help to the community. No experience necessary.

2. Helga Fishanbalm needs 20 barrels of fish oil moved from Targ to Lucitania far to the south.

3. Lord Baron Borman Norcross, cousin to the king, would like experienced diving individuals to escort him to the Lost ruins of Lukrum the Loony. The baron claims to have found the fabled Map of Forever.

4. The Salvation Army Needs You. To Go To Far Away Lands. To Visit New and Exotic Places. To Meet New and Interesting Races and SAVE THEM.

5. Murdock and Hitch need a ship, crew and Company to take them north to the Eternal Peninsula to traverse to the Northern Tree City of the Elves.

Notes: Murdock and Hitch are local adventurers well known for a good deal of many things. Borman Norcross is a tourist, he is always going on some foolish quest but he pays well. Helga is a local apothecary, she has little money and does most in trade, she would have been the one to tend Jon. The Salvation Army is righteous chapter of St Cuthbert.

point of note, you can take the leadership feat at 6th level.
(coughdreadpiratecoughcough).

wow slays. thats fate i guess. while I should make you keep and my inner rules lawyer says that I should, i just cant do that. I will let you take average your hit die but you have to take average next level as well.

slaydemons
2011-07-25, 06:58 PM
point of note, you can take the leadership feat at 6th level.
(coughdreadpiratecoughcough).

(coughcoughcaptstonedreadpiratedon'tneedduplicates offeatscoughcough nudge wink)
I would rather take five twice then get one once XD

Grytorm
2011-07-26, 01:07 PM
I think I will take a level of field chef.

Hit points 1d6+3

RaggedAngel
2011-07-26, 01:10 PM
I think I will take a level of field chef.

Callia does like delicious eatin's.

Oh, and thanks to my disgusting number of skill points per level she now has Knowledge (Arcana) (Religion) (Local) and (Nature). Yep; Callia's educated now. :smallwink:

Grytorm
2011-07-26, 01:10 PM
Hit points [roll0]

Can I have craft as a class skill for field chef?

diregamer
2011-07-26, 01:12 PM
Nice! Great to here and to see it in use. You also have the culinary weapons for sale in town should you so decide.

Cool ragged.

I'm going to get the next post up and start episode 2 as I think everyone is ready.

RaggedAngel
2011-07-26, 01:13 PM
Nice! Great to here and to see it in use. You also have the culinary weapons for sale in town should you so decide.

I'm going to get the next post up and start episode 2 as I think everyone is ready.

Most excellent. I'm going to get some alchemist's fires and flasks of acid with my share, but that shouldn't be a problem.

diregamer
2011-07-26, 01:16 PM
cool. those should be available in any town bigger then 500 and this is a small city...

RaggedAngel
2011-07-26, 01:56 PM
cool. those should be available in any town bigger then 500 and this is a small city...

Most wonderful. I realized that against swarms and things that have good DR against piercing weapons some fire might really come in handy; additionally, when I add my Int to the touch attack I can't miss, and adding my Int to the fire damage is awesome.

diregamer
2011-07-26, 02:00 PM
As long as no one laughs themselves to death at the horrendous media of choice for my maps... (yes its crayola). I will make a local area map to give you kind of an idea as to where you are going.

From here you are headed north stopping at the end of the Eternal Peninsula to drop of Murdock and Hitch. From there you will take the river to the east up north to the city of Lucitania (which is now north). Over the ruins that the baron wants to explore. And Further north To the Nox Island Castle to investigate the original source of the amulets and to make sure no new Dark Oozes are incoming. Adventure Calls Do You Answer?

slaydemons
2011-07-26, 02:11 PM
of course I am going to say jon is on the ship tidying it up but seriously, lets decide who gets what for magic items callia gets the gloves I would like the alarm bell so I don't have to use alarm often.

Cieyrin
2011-07-26, 02:18 PM
Easy there, Mr. Conductor. We're taking all these quests at once? I was thinking we were selling the amulet and taking a single job. >_>;;

I'll look up some appropriate trade goods from Arms and Equipment for buying in the next town or whatever. Also, since Traven isn't terribly interested in the Navigator Kit and Spyglass, I guess I'll take 'em. I'll take the Decanter if no one objects, too. Traven and Argent can figure out who gets the broom.

...man, I really need a Handy Haversack... *sigh*

RaggedAngel
2011-07-26, 02:24 PM
Easy there, Mr. Conductor. We're taking all these quests at once? I was thinking we were selling the amulet and taking a single job. >_>;;

I'll look up some appropriate trade goods from Arms and Equipment for buying in the next town or whatever. Also, since Traven isn't terribly interested in the Navigator Kit and Spyglass, I guess I'll take 'em. I'll take the Decanter if no one objects, too. Traven and Argent can figure out who gets the broom.

...man, I really need a Handy Haversack... *sigh*

Callia's Craft Skills + Decanter of Endless Water + Some Materials = Motorboat

We can do it. We have the technology. Just sayin'. For now, however, have away. I have no real need for endless water, though the cook will need it for cooking. Seawater is nasty.

Psilulz
2011-07-26, 02:57 PM
If four of us combine our wealth, I'm sure we could afford one, and use it as party storage
Also, hp roll
[roll0]

slaydemons
2011-07-26, 04:14 PM
If four of us combine our wealth, I'm sure we could afford one, and use it as party storage
Also, hp roll
[roll0]

even the wizard got a better roll then me RAEG XD JK the decanter should be used for infinite fresh water, as that could be useful

Cieyrin
2011-07-26, 04:45 PM
even the wizard got a better roll then me RAEG XD JK the decanter should be used for infinite fresh water, as that could be useful

And so much more! Knocking people off of ships, impromptu jump jet, flooding of dungeons we don't want to explore...

(and then diregamer smashes the decanter and declares the whole thing a bad idea...)

Psilulz
2011-07-26, 04:46 PM
Pretty much update. Just need to fix meh lootz :smallwink:
Question: would you allow me to retroactively purchase points in knowl (planes) so I could qualify for the Elemental Savant PrC? Seems to be quite in line with what my character does.

Grytorm
2011-07-26, 05:00 PM
I guess I will take the pick. I think perhaps we should chip in for new catapults before buying other things. What type of weapon was missing from the ship? Also I kind of want to keep the chardonnay. I think I have it all done except the gear, not certain how much money my guy will get to spend.

slaydemons
2011-07-26, 05:11 PM
we need funiture and wine glasses now

Cieyrin
2011-07-26, 05:25 PM
Hey, could I get a load of dusty grey ioun stones as trade goods? They're 25 gp a piece by the book. Sell 'em as curiousities and merch. :smallwink:

diregamer
2011-07-27, 05:00 PM
And so much more! Knocking people off of ships, impromptu jump jet, flooding of dungeons we don't want to explore...

(and then diregamer smashes the decanter and declares the whole thing a bad idea...)

love that idea actually use it frequently in minecraft

'cept i uh...

use different decanters...

of endless lava...

diregamer
2011-07-27, 05:09 PM
Pretty much update. Just need to fix meh lootz :smallwink:
Question: would you allow me to retroactively purchase points in knowl (planes) so I could qualify for the Elemental Savant PrC? Seems to be quite in line with what my character does.

yah thats fine.

Hey, could I get a load of dusty grey ioun stones as trade goods? They're 25 gp a piece by the book. Sell 'em as curiousities and merch. :smallwink:

It's ur money... though where you are headed immediately there won't be much trading.

as for the whole not too many quests at once thing, I have that covered *wink*

we need funiture and wine glasses now

You have beds and seashells make great wineglasses.

I have where the game will be headed planned out to some degree. that degree is north. haha. From here you'll stop at the endless peninsula and drop off murdock and hitch. travel a little further north to drop off the apothacary's fish oil. going to the mouth of a river for the ruins and the lord baron's thing and then to the island castle of nox. in a series of episodic jumps like this one. does that work for everyone?

Psilulz
2011-07-27, 05:57 PM
Works for me.
Will be updating my character sheet soon.

Cieyrin
2011-07-27, 08:03 PM
Well, I guess that works.

As for trade goods, it's so I don't have to carry round 440 lbs of copper pieces (the weight of 22,000, which was my share). Rather invest now in a form that's lighter and that I can potentially sell later at perhaps better prices.

diregamer
2011-07-28, 09:46 PM
/shrug post incoming, big one. same old thread as episode one which will be renamed for episode 2.

I assume you hired some crew to fill in the spots missing on the ship? 1sp/per sailor/day plus share of booty. though i would not warn them about the ghost until you are at least a day to the wind... sailors tend to be suspicious.

I will even give you several crews available that have worked together before.

Available Crews
Jenna's Men
Leader Mastership-man Jenna, a dwarf who never stops working and always has at least 50' of rope on him at all times. Leads a band of sailors who have been refined and the chaff has been cut away. Most are older veterans.
Noteworthy crew include the triplets- Dru Hor and Thofur - midshipmen in charge of the three divisions- Hull Mast and Anchor. Xorian the Dead - A man who has been resurrected a few too many times, a whole lot of crazy last count at 27 times. Total count 49 men
Cost 50 silver per day.

Rardans Rabble
Leader - Rardan the Undisputed - this half orc has men of different races following him more out of awe for his reputation then for anything else. He knows his snuff though.
Noteworthy crew include- Pu the oriental samurai turned ninja. Gelli - while part of the crew it is unsure what role this small female goblin fulfills but it seems to be bodyguard. Total Count 30 men
Cost 1gold for Rarden and 30 silver for the men

The Half Crew
Leader - Cleric of Yondalla Melandra Fastinious - halfling - her crew of short but well adept peoples include halflings, gnomes and one sea elf. While most look like crew, some look very odd. Wizards, sorcerers and warlocks are counted among them but when you are looking at 50 small creatures, its hard to say how many... Note worthy crew includes Bob the Sea Elf. He was found on the shore surrounded by seals with no sea elves nearby when he was a baby by Melandra. She raised him and the crew named him as no one knew what sea elves name their kids. Total Count 50 men
Cost donation exceeding 50 silver per day to any Church of Yondalla

You could also gather up assorted sailors and pay them the standard flat fee.

slaydemons
2011-07-28, 10:00 PM
now then which crew should we choose I like the half orc, we don't have any of those in our party

Grytorm
2011-07-29, 12:06 AM
Maybe the Church of Yondalla one, we are a bit weak on healing so it would be good to get a bunch of clerics on our good side.

RaggedAngel
2011-07-29, 12:50 AM
Maybe the Church of Yondalla one, we are a bit weak on healing so it would be good to get a bunch of clerics on our good side.

Er, I have to protest, actually. Callia can heal like a Boss, and we have two Bards.

In addition to being able to heal over 100 hit points a day, Callia also has a Wand of Lesser Vigor, which is fully charged. With it she can heal 550 hit points.

If we need more than that, we're doing something wrong.

slaydemons
2011-07-29, 01:26 AM
Er, I have to protest, actually. Callia can heal like a Boss, and we have two Bards.

In addition to being able to heal over 100 hit points a day, Callia also has a Wand of Lesser Vigor, which is fully charged. With it she can heal 550 hit points.

If we need more than that, we're doing something wrong.

What I think what he meant was while we have all these people can heal none of them major in healing spells

Psilulz
2011-07-29, 03:50 AM
I like the dwarf crew :smallwink:

diregamer
2011-07-29, 06:28 AM
Ok so 1 for the dwarf crew
1 for the cleric crew
1 for the half-orc crew
in case of a tie, i will have them fight it out in Deadliest Warrior style. woo

RaggedAngel
2011-07-29, 10:23 AM
Ok so 1 for the dwarf crew
1 for the cleric crew
1 for the half-orc crew
in case of a tie, i will have them fight it out in Deadliest Warrior style. woo

I'd love to see that.

That said, my money goes to the Dwarf crew. I want to talk to the man who's died 27 times.

Cieyrin
2011-07-29, 01:57 PM
I'm not sure why we need a crew, as the Navigation kit said we could man the ship with 5 people, which is exactly how many our party numbers.

In case I misread that, I vote the Half Crew. While we may not need the hp healing, Melandra could be useful for other types of damage, like those to ability scores, diseases, poisons and curses (*wink wink nudge nudge*). Also note the preponderance of arcane types in that crew. Even if they're only first level, just imagine the focus firing they can do. Finally, I just want more short people I can blend in with. :smallwink:

RaggedAngel
2011-07-29, 02:43 PM
I'm not sure why we need a crew, as the Navigation kit said we could man the ship with 5 people, which is exactly how many our party numbers.

In case I misread that, I vote the Half Crew. While we may not need the hp healing, Melandra could be useful for other types of damage, like those to ability scores, diseases, poisons and curses (*wink wink nudge nudge*). Also note the preponderance of arcane types in that crew. Even if they're only first level, just imagine the focus firing they can do. Finally, I just want more short people I can blend in with. :smallwink:

I would prefer this, because 5 gp a day adds up quickly. That said, they do make good fodder.

diregamer
2011-07-29, 04:41 PM
The navigation kits allows you to go with 5 less people not 5 people. the ship takes 20 with this addition. And the Rarden's Rabble costs 4g per day for only 30 men as opposed to 5 gold for 50. you could hire the man who died 27 times by himself for 1sp per day as he is just an expert.

Cieyrin
2011-07-29, 05:12 PM
The navigation kits allows you to go with 5 less people not 5 people. the ship takes 20 with this addition. And the Rarden's Rabble costs 4g per day for only 30 men as opposed to 5 gold for 50. you could hire the man who died 27 times by himself for 1sp per day as he is just an expert.

And I shall name him Kenny and Kenny shall be his name. Alternatively, I'll name him Fritz to reference something totally different. :smallbiggrin:

diregamer
2011-07-30, 07:26 AM
Or you could call him by his given name... umm... (scrolls down) aha Xorian! cuz that's important... sorta... not really...

point of note that you do not find a siege engineer in town. You do find a book in the library detailing steps to build your own but its of little help.

Cieyrin
2011-07-30, 09:00 AM
Or you could call him by his given name... umm... (scrolls down) aha Xorian! cuz that's important... sorta... not really...

It may be his name and he may correct me but he'll always be Fritz to me so I can have my battle cry be "You killed Fritz! You killed Fritz! You slimey bastards! Take that! And that!" and et cetera. :smallwink:

point of note that you do not find a siege engineer in town. You do find a book in the library detailing steps to build your own but its of little help.

I'm sure there's enough notes between my own limited knowledge of architecture and engineering (which is also used for siege engineering) and the book to make a Warforged launcher... :smallbiggrin:

RaggedAngel
2011-07-30, 11:32 AM
HA!! 32 on the Diplomacy check.

Looking at the chart in my PHB, that means that... they're mine. They see Callia as a close and trusted friends. Excellent.

Cieyrin
2011-07-30, 12:08 PM
First thoughts: OH GODS, WALL OF TEXT! ABORT! ABORT! ((Put spacing in the Intro, for the love of whoever's listening))

Second thoughts: Who did we end up hiring to the man the ship in the end? (Go, go Half Crew!)

Third thoughts: Could we get a basic overview of the ship's structure?

slaydemons
2011-07-30, 12:15 PM
HA!! 32 on the Diplomacy check.

Looking at the chart in my PHB, that means that... they're mine. They see Callia as a close and trusted friends. Excellent.

only if we don't use rich's change diplomacy

also jon isn't trying to be mean he is just honest with what he says

RaggedAngel
2011-07-30, 02:39 PM
only if we don't use rich's change diplomacy

also jon isn't trying to be mean he is just honest with what he says

I can't help it. I've held off asking for weeks, but I can't help it any longer.

Why do you never use proper punctuation and capitalization? I don't know if you've ever ended your post with a period before.

slaydemons
2011-07-30, 02:57 PM
I can't help it. I've held off asking for weeks, but I can't help it any longer.

Why do you never use proper punctuation and capitalization? I don't know if you've ever ended your post with a period before.

This, this is a bad habit of mine. I truthfully suck at grammar and its no one's fault by my own. Unless I am thinking about it continually my grammar equals crap. I think I need a bit of noise telling me not to forget grammar. Sorry for making your eyes bleed.

RaggedAngel
2011-07-30, 02:58 PM
This, this is a bad habit of mine. I truthfully suck at grammar and its no one's fault by my own. Unless I am thinking about it continually my grammar equals crap. I think I need a bit of noise telling me not to forget grammar. Sorry for making your eyes bleed.

Now I feel bad. I'm sorry about bringing that up; I'm being a whiner, and I have no excuse for that.

*hug of apologies*

slaydemons
2011-07-30, 03:01 PM
Actually I wish you told me sooner, I get into this habit if I am not told I have bad grammar and I used to not even use quotes, but I trained myself to do it. Seriously I need to get it into my head.

Edit: Irl I am a very blunt person, which is why I would prefer people be straight and tell me if something I do bugs them.

Grytorm
2011-07-30, 04:57 PM
I'm guessing that the pick counted as my entire share of the loot? From the value of all the stuff I'm guessing it is.

Cieyrin
2011-07-30, 06:36 PM
I'm guessing that the pick counted as my entire share of the loot? From the value of all the stuff I'm guessing it is.

As far as I'm aware we split the pure coinage evenly and then just split up the items as people wanted them. I gave some suggestions on how to split stuff but that by no means anyone should follow it. If there's stuff that hasn't been claimed yet that you're interested in, feel free to lay claim.

Psilulz
2011-07-30, 08:03 PM
This is probably a bit late, but could I have purchased a scroll of fly and copied it into my spellbook?

diregamer
2011-07-31, 06:32 AM
It may be his name and he may correct me but he'll always be Fritz to me so I can have my battle cry be "You killed Fritz! You killed Fritz! You slimey bastards! Take that! And that!" and et cetera. :smallwink:

lol

I'm sure there's enough notes between my own limited knowledge of architecture and engineering (which is also used for siege engineering) and the book to make a Warforged launcher... :smallbiggrin:

oh god.

This is probably a bit late, but could I have purchased a scroll of fly and copied it into my spellbook?

personal fave for spells is that one. "swift fly" notsomuch. yah you can have it.

As far as I'm aware we split the pure coinage evenly and then just split up the items as people wanted them. I gave some suggestions on how to split stuff but that by no means anyone should follow it. If there's stuff that hasn't been claimed yet that you're interested in, feel free to lay claim.

Im not going to interfere as it is not my place but he did get the 'pick' of the litter. lmao. omg sorry

as fer crew ye got the dwarf's crew.

ok well im off. today is my birthday! peace love joy happiness and all that to all of my players.

diregamer
2011-07-31, 06:37 AM
I will try to post later in the ic but not sure if opportunity will present itself.

Cieyrin
2011-07-31, 09:01 AM
I will try to post later in the ic but not sure if opportunity will present itself.

Go enjoy your cake and ice cream, you've earned it for keeping a PbP going past the first adventure, a feat that stumps many. :smallbiggrin:

Psilulz
2011-07-31, 06:50 PM
ok well im off. today is my birthday! peace love joy happiness and all that to all of my players.

Wooooooooooooooo!!! Happy birthdayyyy!!

Go enjoy your cake and ice cream, you've earned it for keeping a PbP going past the first adventure, a feat that stumps many. :smallbiggrin:

This :smallbiggrin:

personal fave for spells is that one. "swift fly" notsomuch. yah you can have it.

Imo, it should last 1d4 rounds, like Swift Haste

Cieyrin
2011-07-31, 07:31 PM
Imo, it should last 1d4 rounds, like Swift Haste

Pbbt, Swift Fly, my preferred 2nd level flight spell is Master Air! Go, Druid, go! :smallbiggrin: Rounds/lvl fly speed is so lovely.

Grytorm
2011-07-31, 11:51 PM
Oh happy birthday
Oh happy birthday
You're getting older
Never younger
Have a happy birthday

At least I noticed it on the day this time although it is pretty late.

diregamer
2011-08-02, 03:35 PM
yet another giant post

Cieyrin
2011-08-03, 04:27 PM
Booya, Performance check of 32! An extraordinary performance that draws the attention of the gods (or at least outsiders, as the Perform table indicates)! :smallbiggrin:

Also I got really busy the last 3 days with work, plus my bandwidth is on the low side on the moment till it resets on Sunday. I may be a little erratic with postings till then. :smallfrown:

diregamer
2011-08-04, 07:03 AM
hmm good to know. mwhaha...

im not sure why I laughed evily but it needed to be done.

be disturbed

be very disturbed.

Cieyrin
2011-08-07, 10:17 AM
Is disturbed. Very disturbed. Also back again! :smallamused:

slaydemons
2011-08-07, 12:53 PM
Is disturbed. Very disturbed. Also back again! :smallamused:

sounds like your going to be taken advantage of <.<

Cieyrin
2011-08-07, 01:10 PM
sounds like your going to be taken advantage of <.<

With the forums being PG-13, that doesn't seem likely. But then, I don't know diregamer that well and he throws lots of curve balls, so who knows what's truly going on, eh?

slaydemons
2011-08-07, 01:35 PM
With the forums being PG-13, that doesn't seem likely. But then, I don't know diregamer that well and he throws lots of curve balls, so who knows what's truly going on, eh?

heh implied rape then?

Cieyrin
2011-08-07, 02:48 PM
heh implied rape then?

Again, not likely with the forum rules. I'm just gonna wait and see what strangeness occurs.

It could just be that the Rotgut, since it's supposedly very strong, could be the source of the Fort save. I don't see a reason for the drink to be drugged this early in the adventure unless the Baron is really that into Xanatos Gambits. Why would you mean ill will to the crew that's transporting you to your destination? That just seems like a good way to get marooned somewhere and the Baron doesn't seem that lacking in common sense, especially since he's been successful enough to see the fruits of his labor and whatnot.

diregamer
2011-08-08, 01:33 PM
Its for rotgut. Im evil not that evil. Besides if someone was poisoning him, I would point fingers at the cook. btw, you did not pass, no wait yes you did. I keep seeing the number in bold which is what you rolled without the adds which is the number in parentheses.

btw sorry bout the absence.

Cieyrin
2011-08-08, 05:43 PM
Its for rotgut. Im evil not that evil. Besides if someone was poisoning him, I would point fingers at the cook. btw, you did not pass, no wait yes you did. I keep seeing the number in bold which is what you rolled without the adds which is the number in parentheses.

btw sorry bout the absence.

I prefer rollv over roll as I like to see what the dice actually say, for crits and that Chaos Gnomes have a racial reroll. Besides, I like knowing if I roll 1s and 20s, if nothing else to see how much the RNG hates me. :smallwink:

Holy double 20s, Batman! :smalleek:

RaggedAngel
2011-08-08, 05:50 PM
I prefer rollv over roll as I like to see what the dice actually say, for crits and that Chaos Gnomes have a racial reroll. Besides, I like knowing if I roll 1s and 20s, if nothing else to see how much the RNG hates me. :smallwink:

Holy double 20s, Batman! :smalleek:

Yeah, but it's misleading and I'm pretty sure during our last fight Diregamer misread one of your rolls. We've been trained to look for bold.

If you need to know what you rolled, you could just use subtraction. It only takes a second.

slaydemons
2011-08-08, 06:21 PM
I know this is off topic but I love when I turn out to be completely in the right. enough about that, I just realized the chains maybe spies.

Cieyrin
2011-08-08, 06:58 PM
Yeah, but it's misleading and I'm pretty sure during our last fight Diregamer misread one of your rolls. We've been trained to look for bold.

If you need to know what you rolled, you could just use subtraction. It only takes a second.

Is it really that misleading? I just read the last number thrown out by the function but if the common consensus is that it's confusing I'll just use normal roll. As I said, I like having extra info instead of having to do the math myself. If the function is there and is not unfairly advantaged, why not use it?

slaydemons
2011-08-17, 10:18 AM
Heh minecraft picture, and I failed earlier D: fixed it though

Cieyrin
2011-08-17, 12:32 PM
Yay Minecraft pictures! :smallbiggrin:

Also, are we just dropping off Murdoch and Hitch or was there some other part of the contract I missed? I backtracked to have a look but didn't really find anything definitive...

diregamer
2011-08-17, 07:15 PM
contract is to just drop them off.

diregamer
2011-08-18, 03:48 AM
this would be one of those opportunities to go ashore, explore an ancient tree-castle thing, meet some locals, keep murdock and hitch as allies instead of as passengers. etc or you could just continue on without them, its really up to the party as it usually is. as far as i could read, no one ever asked why they are going to the endless peninsula in the first place.

I'm throwing a lot of stuff at you, you dont need to go on every mission, adventure, and bank heist provided. Its how I play, I like options so I give options.

whatever 'background' information I provide can be assumed that anyone with intelligence of at least 10, will already know.

new avatar from romanticallyapocolyptic.com

Grytorm
2011-08-19, 09:58 AM
Which hooks should we choose to focus on? (I'm thinking the Baron's ruins and and Nox Island Castle) We didn't really pursue Murdoch and Hitch, but we have some other options left. Will we be stopping in Lucitania before or after helping the Baron? I have some Ideas what to spend my money on now.

Edit

Most excellent. I'm going to get some alchemist's fires and flasks of acid with my share, but that shouldn't be a problem.

A bit late to mention it, but my character does have ranks in Craft Alchemy and an Alchemist lab.

diregamer
2011-08-25, 01:45 PM
well i guess this game has lost its interest, I want to thank everyone for joining and playing. I hope you had fun while it lasted. I think after having played this long, I do better with shorts then with long ones. Oh well. Good luck everyone.

slaydemons
2011-08-25, 02:45 PM
well i guess this game has lost its interest, I want to thank everyone for joining and playing. I hope you had fun while it lasted. I think after having played this long, I do better with shorts then with long ones. Oh well. Good luck everyone.

guess it did lose its steam sorry, I didn't think my character would have a reason to speak a lot.

Cieyrin
2011-08-25, 03:17 PM
The extended medium doesn't work overly well with PbPs for whatever reason. Still, I enjoyed what we had going while it lasted (was it a month? 2?) and I particularly enjoyed the little bits of fluff that got snuck in here and there. I'll be keeping Chane around for another game sometime or as an NPC for future games I run. Still, cheers to all. Maybe see you guys around the forum sometime, eh? :smallwink:

slaydemons
2011-08-25, 03:44 PM
The extended medium doesn't work overly well with PbPs for whatever reason. Still, I enjoyed what we had going while it lasted (was it a month? 2?) and I particularly enjoyed the little bits of fluff that got snuck in here and there. I'll be keeping Chane around for another game sometime or as an NPC for future games I run. Still, cheers to all. Maybe see you guys around the forum sometime, eh? :smallwink:

hope so, hope my post Apocalypse game does better

Grytorm
2011-08-25, 09:07 PM
Probably one of the biggest problems for PBP games is the part where you wait for somebody else to post a reply.

diregamer
2011-08-26, 07:34 AM
I agree. It was great playing with all of you, not a complaint for any of you. You are arguably the best group I have ever ran I appreciate that. Beware the chains my friends.

free from the chains of fate, man is now bound to the chains of freedom- Nagi Prophet Gi

btw might as well ruin the story for you. The guy kidnapped was still on the ship and under mind control of an aboleth (D'Nir) who would been quite the challenge for the party.

If you didnt help the baron, he would have turned into a vampire and recurring villain. If you did help him, he would have died a regular death; bequeathed the royal signet ring to give to his cousin, the king; and you would have found the map of forever.

Dropping off the fish oil, you find it is the captain of the watch who was to receive it. corrupt as most officials are, he was the dealer and attempts to arrest the party, should he fail he dies in the fight, even if by his minion's hands. He was just a cog in the wheel.

Going further you would have headed north to find the ghostsea and the self-proclaimed granddaughter of the drow queen. She is rebuilding the army but is including undead this time. There is a lengthy siege battle that may have taken place here or could have been skipped. It gets unpleasent, you storm a castle, fight continues into the parapets where you kill the evil lady.

The chains were the lich's soulstone. Had you destroyed the chains with some epic magical quest that i never got around to thinking up... the ghost would have gone to where he belonged and the lich would have died. Later the next week a horde of minor undead would show up in the outskirts of targ.

Anyway I hope that this helps. good luck everyone.

Cieyrin
2011-08-27, 09:18 AM
What about Murdoch & Hitch? What's their part of the story? :smallconfused:

Grytorm
2011-08-27, 03:48 PM
Diregamer, are you planning on running another game. You definitively wrote the best PBP adventure I have played in yet.

diregamer
2011-08-28, 03:44 PM
They traverse to the wooden castle to find it is infested with undead drow brought back by an awoken centipede dread necromancer. complete with an adventurers worst nightmare, swarms. they burn down the castle in the end, both making out alive.

as for a new game... I dunno, probably.

diregamer
2011-08-29, 07:07 AM
Thank you for the compliment. I really appreciate hearing that.

diregamer
2011-09-01, 02:54 PM
If anyone is interested in joining up from this campaign, I would love to have you.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213669