PDA

View Full Version : How would you play,stat out...Boo Radley?

bansidhe
2011-06-30, 12:13 PM
And what milieu would you play him in?

WoD would work I suppose,and would you let a player play him,or definetly npc?

Any backgrounds/systems welcome...atm ,purely an idea...but I do love the book and im curious :)

Qwertystop
2011-06-30, 12:36 PM
There isn't much to stat out. All that is known about him is that he didn't leave the house much. It is not really clear that the story about him stabbing someone was anything more than a tall tale. Even if it was true, a first level anything could probably achieve the task. Flatfooted, readied action, unarmored target. Treat the scissors as an improvised dagger. Of course, if you stat it up, it's fairly unlikely that his mother would not die from the dagger wound.

Occasional Sage
2011-06-30, 12:51 PM
I think Atticus would be a much more interesting character, personally.

bansidhe
2011-06-30, 01:17 PM
Oh I dunno,we all read the same book,but the story is always differant.

And im no expert,by any means,but he must meet so many memes.

and if he is so beneath regard,why does everyone know who he is?

Qwertystop
2011-06-30, 01:20 PM
Oh I dunno,we all read the same book,but the story is always differant.

And im no expert,by any means,but he must meet so many memes.

and if he is so beneath regard,why does everyone know who he is?

I never said he was beneath regard, just that very little definite information is actually said about him. The big part of what makes him interesting is that he is an unknown.

Z3ro
2011-07-01, 01:35 PM
I don't know, seems pretty straight forward to me. Stat him up as a pirate in whatever system you're using, make his enemies ninjas. Doesn't seem that complicated.

Occasional Sage
2011-07-01, 01:52 PM
Essentially, what 256 said: there's nothing to grab onto to flesh out his character.

Atticus has a strong personality, interesting and sometimes conflicting goals and morals, and just... more depth.

The Glyphstone
2011-07-01, 01:57 PM
I don't know, seems pretty straight forward to me. Stat him up as a pirate in whatever system you're using, make his enemies ninjas. Doesn't seem that complicated.

A pirate with a floating pirate ship (and a crew) who have laser swords with guns on them that shoot more laser swords. Could be harder than you think.

Mordar
2011-07-02, 06:24 PM
Well, he clearly has the following skills/talents/attributes:

Knife-fighter
Stealth
Craft/Artisan - Carving *AND* scrapbooking
Intimidate (Fear-aura?)
Perception (To be aware of the attack on Jem and Scout)
Fortitude (to survive the damp, bat-infested jail cells)
Lock-picking (obviously gets out of the chains his father uses to shackle him to his bed)

Boo also seems to have laundry skills (folding Jem's pants) but that's a minor aside.

So, I'm seeing a strange sort of bard, a hulking rogue/ninja, or a melee-combat ranger. If it is modern era, more of a touched soul who is highly in tune with his surrounds and exhibits great empathy...a modern stealthy avenger, perhaps?

Funnily enough (and yes, funnily needs to become an accepted word), we just watched the film last night.

- M

Sillycomic
2011-07-02, 06:44 PM
For those who don't get the pirate joke:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/mockingbird

Bleak Ink
2011-07-04, 01:51 AM
Okay, first thing's first-

You, good man, win at life for coming up with such a thing.

Now, for the character, I think you could do some interesting stuff. He had the physical strength to tear the Complete Monster off Jem, the knife prowess to stab him under the ribs and kill him in one shot in complete darkness, crafting capabilities (the dolls, scrapbooking, ect.), some serious Move Silently (he walked right up behind the kids, in the snow, and gave them a blanket without them noticing a thing)... And, if you could, I say swing it so he has Darkvision. I mean, in the book, he was practically blinded by standard light.