PDA

View Full Version : If you could only cast spells first thing in the morning...

Gnaeus
2011-06-30, 01:18 PM
Current build is Cleric 1/Swordsage 4/Chameleon 8. Next two levels will be Chameleon. Good Int, very good Wis, other stats decent (Charisma is about 10, so hard to use DMM). After 15, I will probably return to Swordsage levels unless I can find something better (suggestions here are fine also). Current feats include Retributive Spell, Sudden Maximize, Extra Readied Maneuver, Able Learner, and one other I am forgetting right now (but 2 of those can be swapped out).

So here is my question: currently I am doing the normal thing, dual Arcane/Divine Focus. At level 15 (when I get my third focus) or 16 (when I start getting higher level maneuvers) I am thinking about assuming Arcane focus, casting a bunch of spells, then going through the day with Divine/Martial focus.

Relevant house rules: No nightstick stacking. Very generous retraining rules (So I can swap out two feats for free by level 15). Pretty much all non-dragon magazine first party books in play. I cannot use tricks like extra spell to learn any spell for a day and scribe it to my spellbook. Core spells are readily available, rare arcane spells (or common arcane spells cast by unusual classes) are findable but harder.

I am looking for ways to make my arcane spell slots last all day at level 15. Persist is probably too expensive, considering that I have a max of 6th level slots, and DMM won't work well. With ECL 20, hour/level buffs should work fine.

Currently, I plan to make use of (most of these spells I already have):
The Heart of X series of spells
Greater Magic Weapon
Greater Mighty Wallop
Overland Flight
Phantom steed x4
Retributive spell (Something that doesn't require a saving throw)
Greater Resistance
Shrink Item
Planar binding maybe

(From the Divine side, I plan on casting Spiderform to become a Drider, and the Primal X series).

Any suggestions for making my arcane side go further?