PDA

View Full Version : Epic Lvl Optimization on a Holy Rager

Elasair
2011-06-30, 04:01 PM
I'm writing up a 30th lvl gestalt character for an epic 3.P campaign some irl friends and I are doing. I need some help with some of his levels though. So far on one side, I have 20 crusader, 3 spirit lion barb (i need 3 lvls for pounce right?). On the other side, I have advanced template x3(our homebrew generally allows this), half dragon, 10 war hulk, 10 frenzied berserker. So as you can see, I have 7 lvls left on one side, and 5 on the other I believe.

Any suggestions?

MeeposFire
2011-06-30, 04:17 PM
Pounce replaces fast movement so you only need one level of barbarian.

Elasair
2011-06-30, 04:39 PM
Oh ok, so I have 9 levels of free space.

Keld Denar
2011-06-30, 05:12 PM
Hellreaver is a decent choice. Fiendish Codex II.

Alternatively, 5 levels of Occult Slayer is nice. Mindblank as not-a-spell is useful at high levels for saying NO! to lots of really bad effects without having to worry about dispels. Pious Templar1 at least gets you Mettle so you can shrug off those partial fort and will save spells like Finger of Death and Destruction.

*.*.*.*
2011-06-30, 05:51 PM
Take a look at Witch Slayer(ToM), which grants slippery mind and mettle. The level 5 ability lets you use AMF once every five rounds.

MeeposFire
2011-06-30, 07:28 PM
Take a look at Witch Slayer(ToM), which grants slippery mind and mettle. The level 5 ability lets you use AMF once every five rounds.

It is not an anti magic field.

Also use the variant that uses smite evil if you take that if you can. Then it has more utility and fits the holy warrior trope.