PDA

View Full Version : Best Homebrew Spell from Your Campaigns

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-06-30, 04:17 PM
Hi All,

I'm playing an Ur Priest warrior in a coming campaign, as well as working on a Psionic Monk and a Warforged Duskblade and it has me thinking about spells. I've always liked the classic character created spells. With so many powerful spells now available, as well as new forms of magic (Blade Magic, Binding, Shadow Weaving, Truenamers, etc.), it can be hard to come up with original spells for creative casters.

I'm wondering, what are some of your favourite spells that were created by yourself or characters in your campaigns? Psionic abilities can also apply.

On a side, can Cleric make new divine spells like Wizards can make new arcane spells?

Thanks.

DiBastet
2011-06-30, 04:34 PM
My elven warrior-mage had a cantrip that created a small cloud that rained warm water to use for baths, and she also had a defensive spell.

The spell was an immediate action that turned me and up to a target / level immune to this single damage I was acting against, like an area attack or a charge or whatever. For every person besides me I was protecting (and I couldn't just protect myself), I took 25% of the damage as backlash (no save, no sr, no resistance, no type, plain backlash).

It was a life-saver, cool spell, but a suicide also...

And as far as I know, it's technically possible to research new spells as any kind of caster, but most DM won't allow research for divine spells. (most dm I know will also limit the sources of divine spells)

ShriekingDrake
2011-06-30, 07:18 PM
See the Megaliths in my sig.