PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted] Vote Up a Devil Tiger

Xefas
2011-06-30, 09:37 PM
Alright, I've never done something like this before, but here's my shot at it. Feel free to make alternative suggestions.

We're going to be voting up a Devil-Tiger, and here are the things I feel are most important to vote on.
Stage 1: Heritage
Which Yozi did the Devil Tiger draw from to form his Triumphant Howl charm? While a Devil Tiger Primordial draws charms from the thematics of "himself", the fact that Yozi charms are meant to redefine you as you take them and grow in power means that the selected Yozi should have a strong effect on the final result, and should be taken into consideration for all subsequent votes.

Each person will get two votes. The first must be among the Reclamation Five, and will define that Tiger's original Caste and Patron Yozi. "Malfeas, Cecelyne, She Who Lives In Her Name, Adorjan, The Ebon Dragon".

The second may be chosen among all named Yozi we have so far, and represents their Favored Yozi. "Malfeas, Cecelyne, She Who Lives In Her Name, Adorjan, The Ebon Dragon, Kimbery, Isidoros, Szoreny, Metagaos, Cytherea, Elloge, Hegra, Oramus, Qaf, Sacheverell". You can't double up with your votes.

If there is an irreconcilable draw, then the Devil Tiger will be one of the ludicrously unlikely folks who drew their Triumphant Howl from three different Yozi which, while possible, is extraordinarily painful XP-wise.

Stage 2: Themes
2a: Iconic Form. While the Yozi have many bodies simultaneously, there is one for each one that is the most iconic; the most well-known. Malfeas is a Demon City. Kimbery is an Acrid Sea. Adorjan is a Silent Wind. Szoreny is a Silver Forest. Isidoros is a Pig. This selection must not be humanoid - it should be either a distinctive animal or a geographic feature, or something similar. Votes are encouraged to be put in an (Adjective) (Noun) form. "Endless - Desert", "Black - Boar". It is, however, not necessary, such as "Typhoon of Nightmares" or "Dragon Beyond the World".

2b: Persona. While the Yozi embody many emotions and personalities (more, when you consider their Soul Hierarchies), each one has one very iconic one. Kimbery is the bipolar overbearing mother. Malfeas is the unquestionable king. Adorjan loves you to bits. Sacheverell is, one would assume, very very sleepy. I can't think of any good guidelines for structuring votes, so just have at it.

2c: Modes of Operation. Yes, yes, even a single Yozi has many varied and complex methods of doing things. That said, one can see patterns. Malfeas tends to get things done either via Nuclear Fire or Dancing. Cecelyne gets things done via Lawmaking, or Wish Granting. Kimbery gets things done with Poison, or Making Horrible Monsters. Vote for one such aspect. The first and second place selections will be the two primary modes of operation for the Devil Tiger.

Stage 3: Other Loose Tiger Bits
3a: Caste. Throw in a vote for a Caste Name and five votes for Caste Abilities (still no doubling up).

3b: Here is where we vote on a Caste Mark, Anima Banner Color, and Anima Power. One vote for each.

3c: Here we vote for the Urge. (Urge to Destroy, Urge to Command, etc)

3d: Voting on the Precipitous Fiat, including what Virtue it keys off of. If necessary, I can do a separate vote for the Tiger's "Primary Virtue" type thing.

Stage 4: Important General Charms
4a: First we nail down the italicized words that are going into the First Excellency. Throw out votes for, say, 10 or so words. Separately, one vote should go towards "This Excellency can always help you do X", and "This Excellency can never help you do Y" each.

4b: Sorcerous Initiation. One vote for "Stuff we can't do", and one vote for "We get a discount/bigger effect on this stuff".

4c: Mythos Exultant and Ascendancy Mantle. One vote for each.

Stage 5: The Rest
I...think we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Xefas
2011-06-30, 09:38 PM
Reserving this for displaying votes and results for easy reference.

Stage 1 - Finished. Winner: SWLIHN/Adorjan
Patron Yozi
{table=head]Name|Votes
Malfeas|4
Cecelyne|1
SWLIHN|10
Adorjan|2
Ebon Dragon|2
[/table]

Favored Yozi
{table=head]Name|Votes
Malfeas|1
Cecelyne|1
SWLIHN|1
Adorjan|4
Ebon Dragon|3
Kimbery|2
Isidoros|2
Szoreny|1
Metagaos|
Qaf|2
Sacheverell|
Cytherea|
Elloge|
Hegra|1
Oramus|1
[/table]
Stage 2a - Closed; See Below
{table=head]Name|Votes
Hyperdimensional Structure Made of Rainbow Lasers|4
River of Mad Truths|4
The Archipelagic Volcano|1
She Who Searches The Sky|4
Vortex of Progression|1
Obsidian Discus of Endless Revolution|1
[/table]
Stage 2a Overtime - Finished. Winner: She Who Searches The Sky
{table=head]Name|Votes
Hyperdimensional Structure Made of Rainbow Lasers|2
River of Mad Truths|4
She Who Searches The Sky|5
[/table]
Stage 2b - Finished. Winner: Insatiable Pupil
{table=head]Name|Votes
Insatiable Pupil|7
Abandoned Lover|1
[/table]
Stage 2c - Updated as of Post #131
{table=head]Name|Votes
Transdimensional Geometric Command Codes|3
Overwhelming Force|2
Vivisection|2
[/table]

Xefas
2011-06-30, 09:40 PM
Stage 1

Alright, voting on the two Yozi that the Devil Tiger draws from shall begin now. Please bold your votes. I'm thinking I'll close voting at an arbitrary time on Sunday, or Saturday evening if it seems like there will be no additional voting.

Turalisj
2011-06-30, 09:45 PM
Are we using printed only material?

Qaera
2011-06-30, 09:45 PM
ohmigodsqueeeeeeeeeee

Damn, the second Yozi pick has me wanting to go in 27 different directions...
I think I'll go with Swillin' and Isidoros. Hakuna Matata.

Xefas
2011-06-30, 09:50 PM
Are we using printed only material?
Yes, that's correct.

Ringwrym
2011-06-30, 09:57 PM
Adorjan and Kimbery

Tavar
2011-06-30, 09:58 PM
She Who Lives In Her Name and Adorjan.

Turalisj
2011-06-30, 09:59 PM
Ebon Dragon and Malfeas.

Qaera
2011-06-30, 10:01 PM
Please bold your votes.

It makes it easier to count up~

Gensh
2011-06-30, 10:31 PM
Swillin and Isidoros. Because kismesis, that's why.

Rockphed
2011-06-30, 11:09 PM
I'm thinking Malfeas and Ebon Dragon.

TheCountAlucard
2011-06-30, 11:15 PM
Also Malfeas and Ebon Dragon.

Rikandur Azebol
2011-06-30, 11:36 PM
Oramus and Malfeas

Turalisj
2011-06-30, 11:40 PM
I have to ask...

Why does everyone else think Malfeas and Ebon Dragon would be good?

Qaera
2011-06-30, 11:41 PM
C'mon guys, M/ED has been done. Let's do something exciting! Like rampage! Rampaging is fun!

golentan
2011-06-30, 11:48 PM
SHINY!!! I vote for Swillin and Kimbery. Why, you ask? Because the ultimate hierarchy is the family, that's why. Also, I find Swillin cute and the first kimbery excellency was like a summation of both my best and worst personality traits.

Edge
2011-07-01, 04:25 AM
MALFEAS! and Swillin'.

Volthawk
2011-07-01, 05:49 AM
SWLIHN and Adorjan

Urpriest
2011-07-01, 08:06 AM
Cecelyne and Qaf come on come on let's pierce the heavens...

Guancyto
2011-07-01, 10:57 AM
She Who Lives in Her Name and The Ebon Dragon, because our Devil-Tiger should have to suffer to get his two Shintai Charms.

Also because I'm curious what heresy comes from the two of them.

Lix Lorn
2011-07-01, 01:53 PM
ADORJAN
and
Hegra

Leliel
2011-07-01, 02:53 PM
I vote SWLiHN Caste Yozi, and Adorjan Favored.

Welknair
2011-07-01, 10:17 PM
Ebon Dragon and Adorjan.

Turalisj
2011-07-01, 10:25 PM
Looks like Ebon Dragon and Adorjan so far.

Qaera
2011-07-01, 10:28 PM
I wish people were more exotic with their Favored Yozi~

Sodalite
2011-07-01, 11:04 PM
My choice for patron is SWLiHN, whilst my choice for favored yozi is Szoreny.

Turalisj
2011-07-01, 11:05 PM

I don't know much beyond the basic Yozi.

Guancyto
2011-07-02, 12:05 AM

Well, isn't this supposed to be a Devil-Tiger that we can use? It makes it more accessible to not need Qaf joining the Reclamation long enough ago that a GSP who is now Howling chose him as Favored at the very beginning.

golentan
2011-07-02, 12:13 AM
Looks like Ebon Dragon and Adorjan so far.

You're leaving out the more important part. My favorite crush on a fictional alien entity of colossal power and numerous souls: Yuki NagatoShe Who Lives in Her Name. *le sigh*

Oh, well. Ebby and Adorjan aren't bad for the secondaries. Not my first choice, but not bad.

Qaera
2011-07-02, 12:19 AM
But those have been done o'er and o'er and o'er once more. I agree that it should be accessible, but not another one of the 10 possible (basic) combinations that everyone else chooses from.

golentan
2011-07-02, 12:42 AM
But since two tigers (even those who share the same yozis as springboards) will be wildly different based on who they are as individuals, that doesn't bother me. Heck, with the Swillin Ebby one, for example, it's possible that they're a therapist who plumbs the dark depths of the human soul to make people well adjusted and happy with their place in the perfect hierarchy, or that they're a cackling maniac who builds torture machines that run on principles that only exist in their heads, or that they're a telekinetic sneak thief and prankster, or...

So I don't see that as being as much a problem.

Qaera
2011-07-02, 12:58 AM
Since Xefas did it for me, I'll do it for him!

-/-/-/-

Malfeas: the Demon City, the Brass Dancer. former king of the Primordials, now the de facto leader of the Yozis. GSPs are Slayers. Has themes of destruction, power, force, and dancing. Gives the Urge to Destroy.
Cecelyne: Sister to He-Who-Became-Malfeas, now the Endless Desert. surrounds the Demon City on all layers, and must be traveled through for five days. Has themes of domination, religion, erosion, and law. The Urge to Command.
SWLIHN: the Principle of Hierarchy, usually depicted as 99,997 perfect spheres with flames in them. Has themes of hierarchy, conformity, intelligence, sorcery, craft, and change. The Urge to Conform.
Adorjan: the Silent Wind is a force of instant death in the realm of Malfeas. You are better off with her hate than with her love. Has themes of silence, death, concealment, love and retribution. The Urge to Obsess.
Ebon Dragon: The Shadow of All Things is the lack of virtue and willpower made alive. The utter opposite of the Unconquered Sun. Has themes of selfishness, veils, transgression, defiance, and shadows. The Urge to Corrupt.

Urges from here down are my opinions.

Kimbery: The Sea that Marched Against the Flame, a corrosive ocean (say that three times) of acid that has themes of birth, corrosion, consumption, fun, and water. The Urge to Nurture.
Isidoros: The Black Boar that Twists the Sky is, quite simply, a bro. He destroys anything underhoof, but it's all cool, cause he doesn't even notice. He can push apart the layers of Malfeas. Themes of might, capriciousness, chaos, innovation, recklessness, and tenacity. The Urge to Overcome.
Szoreny: The Silver Forest, with roots to the sky and branches in the ground. Reflects those that look upon his trunks, loves Isidoros who runs through his forest. Themes of mirroring, reflection, philosophy, elegance, and growth. The Urge to Reflect.
Metagaos: A swamp and vegatation themed yozi. Not much is known. Themes of poisening, passive-aggressiveness, sacrifice, testing, and eventual destruction. The Urge to Infiltrate.
Qaf: A mountain with neither base nor summit. Isolated from the other yozis, you can get to him through portals in Malfeas. Themes of learning, infinity, loneliness, improvement, enlightenment, and wisdom. The Urge to Understand.
Sacheverell: the first casualty in the Primordial War, he is asleep and viewing samsara. When he wakes, bad things will happen. Omniscient of the present. Themes of inevitiability, forbidden knowledge, abhorrence, fear, and grim determination. The Urge to Maintain.
Cytherea: the Divine Ignition. Very little is known. Made creation with Gaia. Themes of support, self-sacrificing, love, energy. The Urge to Give.
Elloge: the Sphere of Speech, invisible until you step inside her, then becomes glyphs. Themes of strangeness, language, and perception. The Urge to Inform.
Hegra: the Typhoon of Nightmares. A storm of emotion, she shifts rapidly both physically and emotionally. Themes of raw emotion, change, color, and catastrophy. The Urge to Arouse.
Oramus: The Dragon Beyond the World. One of the first primordials. Decided what concepts would be included in Creation. Themes of doing the impossible, creating, and identity. The Urge to Imagine.

Turalisj
2011-07-02, 01:01 AM
I thought Autobot was innovation, not Isidoros?:smallconfused:

Xefas
2011-07-02, 01:09 AM
I thought Autobot was innovation, not Isidoros?:smallconfused:

Multiple Yozi can share themes. Malfeas and Isidoros both have overwhelming force as a theme. Kimbery, Gaia, and Cytherea all have themes of motherhood. Swillin and Autochthon both have creating things as a theme, although they go about it in different ways.

ATW's summary was good, although he left out Metagaos' biggest theme! For shame :smalltongue:. He's all about hunger and consumption. He devours everything that goes near him, including time, space, identity, and more normal stuff.

Xefas
2011-07-02, 01:17 AM
Xefas' Metagaos Concept Art:
http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad91/bluejanus/metagaosconceptjpg.jpg

IcarusWings
2011-07-02, 08:25 AM
I'm gonna' go with SWLiHN and Qaf, should complement eachother nicely.

Qaera
2011-07-02, 11:38 AM
I didn't want to step on Inugami's Lunar themes of consumption and something else I forgot, but that makes sense!

Leliel
2011-07-02, 11:51 AM
Urges from here down are my opinions.

Kimbery: The Sea that Marched Against the Flame, a corrosive ocean (say that three times) of acid that has themes of birth, corrosion, consumption, fun, and water. The Urge to Nurture.

*BZZZZT* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIvxqUCu41Q)

There's actually a canonical writeup of her Charms in the Infernal Expansion PDF, The Broken-Winged Crane, and he themes are birth, corrosion, possessiveness, patience, and water. Her Urge is to Drown (think how the archetypal Yandere drowns the object of her affection until hopefully he loves only her, and hates everyone else).

Turalisj
2011-07-02, 12:07 PM
Why is my hair singed? And why do I smell burnt pork?

Leliel
2011-07-02, 12:47 PM
Why is my hair singed? And why do I smell burnt pork?

....What?

Qaera
2011-07-02, 01:18 PM
Pshwphhffaw, who needs canon? (thanks for finding that)

InaVegt
2011-07-02, 01:51 PM
SHWLihN and Cecelyne

Xefas
2011-07-02, 01:54 PM
I'd like to say that the board's ravenous love for Swillin is surprising.

But it's not.

Qaera
2011-07-02, 02:29 PM
:smalleek:
What the

housefly!
:smallbiggrin:

Leliel
2011-07-02, 02:30 PM
I'd like to say that the board's ravenous love for Swillin is surprising.

But it's not.

Ah, but it's not Cecelyne.

If it were, I would be wondering where all the BDSM fanatics came from.

Qaera
2011-07-02, 02:41 PM
...Um, I mean, *Star-Mirage Technique* hey look a housefly!
My, that is quite a strange housefly!

duuuude stop deleting your posts I am so confused :smallfrown:

Rikandur Azebol
2011-07-02, 02:48 PM
Why Swillin' ? It's simple, she's hot. She's computer. She's ... dominating.

Leliel
2011-07-02, 02:51 PM
My, that is quite a strange housefly!

duuuude stop deleting your posts I am so confused :smallfrown:

Because it was sick and wrong.

I AM NOT WORTHY OF COMEDY CENTRAL! FORGIVE ME, COMCAST!

Qaera
2011-07-02, 02:54 PM
Her globes are perfect and flaming. :smallcool:

Because it was sick and wrong.

I AM NOT WORTHY OF COMEDY CENTRAL! FORGIVE ME, COMCAST!

Well, it was weird, but I wouldn't say feti- ok, this is so far derailed I'm just not going to continue.

Xefas
2011-07-02, 02:54 PM
I'm seeing a distinct lack of Yuki, Bookworm, and Rosie.

They're not coming to my party, are they?http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad91/bluejanus/pinkamena.jpg

...she's so number nine. She's just incredible math. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr9bWTQDBjE)

Turalisj
2011-07-02, 02:55 PM
I haven't seen Rose for a long time. He hasn't been on AIM either...

Qaera
2011-07-02, 03:03 PM
http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad91/bluejanus/pinkamena.jpg

One of my favorite episodes, right Mr. Flour?!

Xefas
2011-07-02, 03:29 PM
One of my favorite episodes, right Mr. Flour?!

Yes, I am proud of you, son. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKmZFPvs-zw&t=0m32s)

Volthawk
2011-07-02, 07:24 PM
ATW, on your list of themes for the Yozi, you missed Swillin's thing about hierarchy and conformity.

Qaera
2011-07-02, 07:26 PM
Hmm, I thought I had put her title, the Principle of Hierarchy, and the Urge kind of covers the conformity, but I'll edit it in.

Xefas
2011-07-03, 01:51 AM
Stage 2a

Alright, it is officially Sunday where I live. Voting for Stage 1 is now complete. The final outcome was "She Who Lives In Her Name + Adorjan".

Voting for Stage 2a begins now, and will close at some arbitrary time on Wednesday, or Tuesday evening if it looks like there'll be no additional votes.

Keep in mind that the result of Stage 2a will most likely become one of the new Primordial's sobriquets, so make it sound awesome.

As I feel it'll be likely that, after several people throw out ideas, there will be a desire to switch around one's vote, I'll state now that the protocol I would prefer in that case would be to state the number of your previous voting post, state what your previous vote was, and then state in bold what your new vote is.

So, example:

Post #99
Previous Vote: Magic Internet
New Vote: Windswept Cavern of Enlightenment
Feel free to throw out multiple suggestions for an iconic form, although you may still only cast one vote, and I won't put a suggestion on the ballot until it has at least one vote going for it.

Rikandur Azebol
2011-07-03, 01:59 AM
Previous Vote: Oramus&Malfeas
Iconic Form: Hyperdimensional Structure made of Rainbow Lasers ! That looks like Lawful Tornado.

golentan
2011-07-03, 02:01 AM
Ooh, shiny. On to stage two. My initial gut goes for...

River of Mad Truths

Think about it. A crystal river: flowing endlessly in perfect harmony and solidified and unmoving simultaneously, the drops of whose "waters" each bear a separate undeniable truth and which strips imbibers of their mental blinders, bringing them fully into utter madness and enlightenment simultaneously!

Or... you know. Something else cool.

Xefas
2011-07-03, 02:07 AM
River of Mad Truths

I like the implications of a Heretical charm built off a combo of River of Mad Truths Shintai and Fond Remembrance of Adrian. I don't know what it would look like, but I imagine there would be razor blades of pure truthiness.

Qaera
2011-07-03, 02:19 AM
The Archipelagic Volcano
an archipelago within a volcano, upon the island of which are also volcanoes. The immediately surrounding medium of the individual island varies based on the volcano it surrounds, from hyperfreezed methane to tropical waters to molten lava. Occasionally, the supervolcano will erupt (based on the materials of the inside overflowing). All of the islands within the volcano are free floating, allowing for interesting medium dynamics and social interactions of the inhabitants of a particular isle.

Leliel
2011-07-03, 05:24 AM
Hm, how about (Gender) Who Searches The Sky?

He/she takes the form of a fleet of UFOs. When she ascended, the many-bodied, intelligent perfection of the Principle combined with the speed and mad wisdom of Adorjan to make him/her a living series of advanced airships that use impossible magitech to both travel at speeds nearly unthinkable and to examine the world around them.

IcarusWings
2011-07-03, 06:44 AM
I'll second The River of Mad Truths*, especially if it has that crystal river vibe that was in the description.

*Because I'm too lazy to come up with my own

Lix Lorn
2011-07-03, 07:49 AM
I haven't seen Rose for a long time. He hasn't been on AIM either...
This one I can answer. His internet is faulty, and he can't load the playground /at all/

knightMARE
2011-07-03, 08:52 AM
Vortex of Progression

A tornado of crystal shards and whisps of flame. Freed from stifling conformity, the Vortex leaves both change and endings. It inspires radical concepts and out of the box thinking, while breaking attachment to old concepts.

Primal Fury
2011-07-03, 11:57 AM
Voting up a Devil-Tiger? This should be interesting. I'll throw my hat in with the Hyperdimensional Structure Made of Rainbow Lasers.

Xefas
2011-07-03, 12:05 PM
(Gender) Who Searches The Sky
Shall I put "she" since both component Yozi are female?

golentan
2011-07-03, 12:35 PM
Voting up a Devil-Tiger? This should be interesting. I'll throw my hat in with the Hyperdimensional Structure Made of Rainbow Lasers.

It just lacks punch. If it does make it, could we maybe call it the Manifold Tesseract of Rainbow Light instead, or something like that? Same thing, different name (the name simply doesn't inspire the emotions of awe or wonder I feel should be associated with a Titan).

Leliel
2011-07-03, 04:21 PM
Shall I put "she" since both component Yozi are female?

Sure. That makes sense.

InaVegt
2011-07-03, 07:03 PM
River of Mad Truths

Sodalite
2011-07-03, 08:08 PM
She Who Searches The Sky

Zeta Kai
2011-07-03, 08:17 PM
Wow, this is the strangest VUAsomething contest that I've seen yet, by far. Not that I disapprove; far from it, in fact. It's just more interesting & niche than most.

For the record, I shall vote for She Who Searches The Sky.

Rikandur Azebol
2011-07-03, 10:39 PM
It just lacks punch. If it does make it, could we maybe call it the Manifold Tesseract of Rainbow Light instead, or something like that? Same thing, different name (the name simply doesn't inspire the emotions of awe or wonder I feel should be associated with a Titan).

Aww ... I didn't wanted to do an unprecise name for the "iconic form". Saying so, Your proposal of re-naming her sounds nice too.^^

And what non-awesome is with Lahzors in the all possible colors ?!

golentan
2011-07-04, 01:19 AM
Aww ... I didn't wanted to do an unprecise name for the "iconic form". Saying so, Your proposal of re-naming her sounds nice too.^^

And what non-awesome is with Lahzors in the all possible colors ?!

It's not the idea (which: Awesome!), it's the name. It sounds less like a moniker for an awesome being made up of rainbow lasers, and more like a kid describing it. Elaboration can always be included to specify all the awesome things that make it up, but it seems like the votey itself should be dense* and detailed** and expansively thematic***. Changing a few details makes it much more of a mood piece and less a description by a fan talking about his ninja pirate robot zombie. Mind you, I'm a total writing snob. If it makes you feel any better, I spend hours torturing myself picking apart the things I write in a similar way.

*Lack of unnecessary filler words: "Of" implies composition in context, so "Made Of" adds nothing except an additional word and syllable to distract from sections of the name with meaning.

**Multidimensional provides precisely one piece of information: that it is more than a straight line. While it carries implication of what I believe to be your intent (more than 3 dimensional) it provides nothing more. Tesseract provides specifically 4 dimensions and a shape, and evokes several other works.

***Laser is a specific item not much open to interpretation, and not in theme with high fantasy or magic (though limitedly with magitech). Light is thematically appropriate, open to interpretation, and includes lasers as a subset. The addition of an adjective (manifold) can both qualify existing words and by being unqualified themselves allow for further expansion in later descriptions.

Rikandur Azebol
2011-07-04, 02:23 AM
Hoo ? Then, if You don't mind I'll give You a more description and we'll see if the name is ... descriptive enough. :belkar:

As our winning ladies are Swillin' and Adjoran I thought about combining them elegantly. But ... these two couldn't be more different: One is static, structured and burning while second is mobile, shapeless and invisible. Both are immaterial, if I understand Swilly properly, but that's sole common point.

Thus I was thinking of what would I gain when I join the two ? Something that is static, but moving. Structured, but shapeless. Burning but invisible.

Result was lights or all rainbow colors, that join deadliness with burning. Structured to have proper shape ... I imagined initially a figure made of snowflakes, where snowflake is 2-dimensional and this thing ... just explodes with her structures into every conceivable dimension. And that's how the "static" being can move, by exploding into the right direction and "turning off" the laser-structures being in wrong direction. Can change shape, and be as static as light could be ... or as mobile as only light could. Changing size from infinite-small to infintely large, since light can take very little space to fit, right ?:smallbiggrin:

To be honest, Your evocative name is very, very good. But I'm little afraid it might contain a little to much static from Swilln' and little to little of explosive movement potential from Adjoran.

Saying so when I imagine "N"dimensional Iconic Body of our Primodial here I simplify it like this: Snowflake is a straigh line that reflects from mirrors. Now let's make "hedgehog" out of these ... and this could reflect in the same mirrors to make it look like structure looking like "hedgehog" made of "hedgehogs" in the most basic ... shape. *starts bleeding from brain*

Saying so, I believe I have concept for Lesser Shintai, too. But this later. :smallsmile:

How extacly Teseract looks ? I met with it only in a SciFi book, where a guy was making Moebius's ribbon from it, in his mind, to teleport trough time.

Jallorn
2011-07-04, 02:29 AM
I don't really know Exalted, but I'ma vote Hyperdimensional Structure Made of Rainbow Lasers cause it sounds fun.

Guancyto
2011-07-04, 11:54 AM
I'm going to go with She Who Searches the Sky, if only for the possibility of seeing crop circle and yeddim mutilation Charms.

Edge
2011-07-04, 11:57 AM
Throwing in my vote for River of Mad Truths. Would love if we could work some Charms that mock Adrián-that-was into the Charmset, given that Adorjan is a "parent" of this Devil-Tiger.

Gensh
2011-07-04, 12:32 PM
Imma suggest Obsidian Discus of Endless Revolution.

The idea of it is that the Devil-Tiger acknowledges Swillin's idealistic hierarchy but also knows that it's little more than a pipe dream because someone always tears it down. Then she realizes that those guys form a new hierarchy and then the next guys and then the next guys. She already knows from Adorjan that if you truly love something, you must destroy it, so her theme is basically creating an ultimate, everlasting hierarchy by following Creation's natural tendency to have world-wrecking revolutions.

You spin me right 'round...

aetherialDawn
2011-07-05, 05:33 PM
I approve wholeheartedly of Hyperdimensional Structure Made of Rainbow Lasers

It's got that whole SWLiHN aspect in the form of perfect lasers and dimensional twisting, but the rainbow lasers and hyperdimensional weirdness should make it fit nicely with Adorjan as well. And of course, if any Yozi approves of charms that travel at the speed of light, it will be Adorjan. Plus, it doesn't specify what the structure is just yet, giving it a little wiggle room to be adapted to whatever fits with the rest of the votes.

Xefas
2011-07-06, 03:07 PM
Alright, there was a three-way tie when the voting ended. So we're going into Overtime. You may only vote for the three iconic forms now listed in the second post, and voting will end Friday, or Thursday if one of them is in a substantial lead.

Tavar
2011-07-06, 03:08 PM
I vote for She Who Searches the Sky.

Rikandur Azebol
2011-07-06, 03:33 PM
Hyperdimensional Structure Made of Rainbow Lasers, I have no issues with voting again.

Qaera
2011-07-06, 03:34 PM
River of Mad Truths :smallcool:

Volthawk
2011-07-06, 03:35 PM
Hmm, I vote for She Who Searches the Sky.

Edge
2011-07-06, 03:57 PM
River of Mad Truths.

Ringwrym
2011-07-06, 04:12 PM
Hyperdimensional Structure Made of Rainbow Lasers

Turalisj
2011-07-06, 04:34 PM
Hmm, I vote for She Who Searches the Sky.

It's going to be another tie....

Leliel
2011-07-06, 05:18 PM
...Can I vote for my own nomination?

Oh well, She Who Searches The Sky.

Lix Lorn
2011-07-06, 10:21 PM
She Who Searches The Sky

IcarusWings
2011-07-07, 12:54 AM
River of Mad Truths

IcarusWings
2011-07-07, 12:55 AM
River of Mad Truths

golentan
2011-07-07, 11:26 AM
River of Mad Truths, obviously.

Turalisj
2011-07-07, 12:50 PM
Icarus, you don't get your vote counted twice for doubleposting... :smallwink:

edit: By my count, She Who Searches the Sky is in the lead by 1 vote.

golentan
2011-07-07, 06:38 PM
Nooo... My planriver (for keychain fans out there).

IcarusWings
2011-07-08, 12:38 AM
Icarus, you don't get your vote counted twice for doubleposting... :smallwink:

edit: By my count, She Who Searches the Sky is in the lead by 1 vote.

Twas' an accident

>.>

<.<

Xefas
2011-07-08, 01:19 AM
It's Friday, and votes for Stage 2a are now closed. The winner is "She Who Searches The Sky". Our new Primordial has a body this is a literal fleet of magitech airships.

Now, onto Stage 2b. The format will be much the same as before, but now we're voting on a persona, which will likely also manifest as a jouten of some kind, but more importantly, it will supply many psychologically-altering charms, and will probably factor into stuff like the Precipitous Fiat.

Urpriest
2011-07-08, 11:51 AM
Insatiable Pupil. Our Devil-Tiger wants to understand everything there is to understand, to the extent that she is in constant physical pain wondering about things she does not know.

Rikandur Azebol
2011-07-08, 11:57 AM
Insatiable Pupil, Seconded.

Turalisj
2011-07-08, 12:19 PM
Insatiable Pupil get's my vote as well.

Sodalite
2011-07-08, 12:46 PM
I share the previous posters' opinions, and vote for Insatiable Pupil.

IcarusWings
2011-07-08, 02:18 PM
Abandoned Lover: Is constantly searching the skies for her love, who she cannot accept is dead.

Xefas
2011-07-08, 03:06 PM
Right, I forgot to state this in my previous post, but voting for this stage will end Sunday.

Also, should I put in a step for a humaniform jouten/shintai, and maybe a step for their definitive "Name", separate from whatever sobriquets its other themes give it?

aetherialDawn
2011-07-09, 03:11 PM
Also, should I put in a step for a humaniform jouten/shintai, and maybe a step for their definitive "Name", separate from whatever sobriquets its other themes give it?

This doesn't seem necessary, but neither does it seem like the sort of thing which would be bad to implement.

Also, I think that I'm going to have to go with Insatiable Pupil. She Who Lives in Her Name teaches, but it was just too restricting for our vote-tastic Devil-Tiger.

IcarusWings
2011-07-09, 03:20 PM
Right, I forgot to state this in my previous post, but voting for this stage will end Sunday.

I think a step for jouten + Shintai would be good, but I think that She Who Searches the Sky should be her name alone, echoing SWLiHN's naming style (although, of course, others may disagree, so it might end up being a topic requiring a vote).

golentan
2011-07-09, 05:02 PM
I'm also siding with "Insatiable Pupil."

Leliel
2011-07-09, 11:43 PM
I think a step for jouten + Shintai would be good, but I think that She Who Searches the Sky should be her name alone, echoing SWLiHN's naming style (although, of course, others may disagree, so it might end up being a topic requiring a vote).

Nah, that's something should be unique to the Principle.

Keep in mind she has another name, it's just that hearing it is a form of mind control, so everyone calls her She Who Lives In Her Name since, well, she wants to mind control everyone.

I vote for Insatiable Pupil as well.

Leliel
2011-07-09, 11:59 PM
Also got an idea for her real name as well:

Ripped straight from the nWoD, I think Gifmalu Izigalag, after the Idigam of Discovery in Werewolf: The Forsaken.

Imagine what would happen if the Martian Manhunter became a mad scientist obsessed with the merging of the spirit and mortal worlds while gathering as much knowledge as possible, and you've got the basic idea.

Turalisj
2011-07-10, 12:11 AM
For some odd reason, I read Martian Manhunter as Marvin the Martian.

Xefas
2011-07-10, 12:12 AM

Well, SWLiHN is known by several names. Principle of Hierarchy and The Whispering Flame, chief among them. She has one "name", just like The Demon City only has one "name", which is "Malfeas", but all Yozi have epithets.

If "She Who Searches The Sky" is her real name, or her primary way of being addressed if her name is secret for some reason, then I think additional epithets would still be useful.

knightMARE
2011-07-11, 08:55 PM
For some odd reason, I read Martian Manhunter as Marvin the Martian.

So did I, and I think I like it better that way.

Sodalite
2011-07-12, 06:35 PM
I noticed that it was never stated when this poll (2b) closes. When does it?

Xefas
2011-07-12, 09:00 PM
I noticed that it was never stated when this poll (2b) closes. When does it?

Right now. I've been a little busy and this thread completely slipped my mind! How embarrassing...

So, on to Stage 2c. Modes of Operation! Everyone gets one vote, and the two highest will be the two modes selected. See the post #1 for examples of what "modes of operation" means, if you're fuzzy.

Voting will end Saturday some time.

Turalisj
2011-07-12, 09:11 PM
Subtle Experimentation to impliment ideas.

Xefas
2011-07-12, 09:18 PM
Subtle Experimentation to impliment ideas.

Are you just throwing out that idea, or are you voting for it? (Y'all are all free to suggest and discuss in this thread as well, of course.)

EDIT: Also, something that might be a more helpful example than the ones in the first post, I'd say that SWLIHN's modes are probably "Essence Manipulating Telekinesis" and "Essence Hacking", and Adorjan's are probably "Ripping Things Apart" and "Being Real Fast".

golentan
2011-07-12, 09:19 PM
Transdimensional Geometric Command Codes

Think crop circles meet cthulhu meets some forms of ritual magic.

Turalisj
2011-07-12, 09:26 PM
Throwing out ideas.

Lix Lorn
2011-07-12, 09:32 PM
Overwhelming Force, in every meaning of the word. Not as in 'HULK SMASH', but as in 'Ohai you have one pirate ship. I have three vitriolic orichalcum airships pointing essence cannons at you.'

Xefas
2011-07-12, 09:37 PM
Overwhelming Force, in every meaning of the word. Not as in 'HULK SMASH', but as in 'Ohai you have one pirate ship. I have three vitriolic orichalcum airships pointing essence cannons at you.'

Do you mean some kind of...One-Up-smanship Charm tree?

Like, pay X motes and you happened to have a Daiklaive one dot higher than your opponent's stashed in your backpack, and its slightly shinier?

Pay X motes, and you have N+1 followers that immediately leap out of cover behind you, where N is equal to the number of followers your opponent brought with them?

Pay X motes, and you knew they knew that you knew that they saw you stash the Death Note in your locker at the gym, and so retroactively, of course you remembered to switch it out with a fake?

Like that?

Urpriest
2011-07-13, 07:19 AM
Vivisection

Also, I suggest the above-mentioned crop circle reference gets some mandala-based phrasing. Because really, it's Exalted. Gotta have mandalas.

golentan
2011-07-13, 11:27 AM
So... transdimensional geometric command mandalas?

Turalisj
2011-07-13, 11:33 AM
Let's try a deeper explanation:

Experimentation Through Subtly: Using indirect methods to gain information about various things. This isn't directly in one realm or another, as it can apply to social, mental, and physical interaction. A charm that let's you analyze what someone's physical stats are, for instance, based upon what they look like.

Or, more simply, this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AwesomenessByAnalysis

Urpriest
2011-07-13, 04:08 PM
So... transdimensional geometric command mandalas?

I feel like at least one of those adjectives is unnecessary...for one, if it's a mandala it's already geometric. And we want a reasonable range of Charms to fall under it, so command is a little too specific. What about Drawing Mandalas On Things?

Xefas
2011-07-13, 04:54 PM
"Transdimensional Geometric Command Codes" made me think of them being able to pull up the Developer Debug Mode for Creation, and type in

>getstatus(chejopkejaksface)
>run(spontaneousinexplicablespiderswarm.exe)
>kekeke

But changing it to mandalas makes me think more like this:

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad91/bluejanus/tumblr_lkejz7mYAc1qdw787o1_500.jpg

Turalisj
2011-07-13, 05:37 PM
So one of our DT's souls could be 'god' from FMA?

You know, that creepy grinning thing that sits just outside the Gate.

golentan
2011-07-13, 08:29 PM
"Transdimensional Geometric Command Codes" made me think of them being able to pull up the Developer Debug Mode for Creation, and type in

>getstatus(chejopkejaksface)
>run(spontaneousinexplicablespiderswarm.exe)
>kekeke

But changing it to mandalas makes me think more like this:
*snip*

The former was kind of what I originally intended.

Lix Lorn
2011-07-13, 11:28 PM
Do you mean some kind of...One-Up-smanship Charm tree?

Like, pay X motes and you happened to have a Daiklaive one dot higher than your opponent's stashed in your backpack, and its slightly shinier?

Pay X motes, and you have N+1 followers that immediately leap out of cover behind you, where N is equal to the number of followers your opponent brought with them?

Pay X motes, and you knew they knew that you knew that they saw you stash the Death Note in your locker at the gym, and so retroactively, of course you remembered to switch it out with a fake?

Like that?
Not quite what I meant, but sure?

Leliel
2011-07-14, 04:50 PM
Vivisection, because it'd be interesting to see what we come with.

Sodalite
2011-07-14, 05:59 PM
Overwhelming Force, especially, though not only, in the sense of relentlessly pursuing a subject.

aetherialDawn
2011-07-16, 07:22 PM
The Transdimensional Geometric Command Codes, in their interpretation as the Debug Console of Creation.

Perhaps the Geometric FMA stuff could be the visual result of checking something's status, and such. As the charms this might stem from, Principle-Invoking Onslaught and Constructive Convergence of Principles seem good places to start.

Qaera
2011-07-16, 07:26 PM
Trandimensional Geometric Command Codes.

~ ♅

Xefas
2011-07-16, 07:35 PM
Not quite what I meant, but sure?

Oh. Nevermind then. ^_^;;

The Transdimensional Geometric Command Codes, in their interpretation as the Debug Console of Creation.

Since this was mostly what golentan meant, should I group your vote with Transdimensional Geometric Command Codes? I've been trying to ask questions to clarify specifically because the intent behind the name is more important to me than the name itself.

aetherialDawn
2011-07-16, 10:31 PM
I'm not totally sure. As a theme, making designs to perform actions is fairly standard in Exalted, whereas debug commands (and cheat codes!) in the form of geometry is somewhat more special. I vote for a debug console in whatever form it takes, and if that's Transdimensional Geometric Command Codes, I vote for that.

It is only the flowery language which wards me off, hence why I phrased my vote differently. (As a slight aside, I'd rather add the flowery language AFTER we've defined what something does, so that this doesn't occur again.)

I think I'm voting for the Command Codes, if that doesn't clear it up, so just put my vote there unless there's a reason not to.

golentan
2011-07-19, 09:10 AM
Any more movement on this?

And Aetherial: I *think* we're on the same page, if that makes you feel better.

Xefas
2011-07-20, 04:22 AM
Any more movement on this?

There's a tie for second place. I was planning on waiting until someone placed a vote to break the tie, but it seems that interest has waned for this. Compare the 19 votes for the first stage with the 7 votes for this one. Then, I just kinda got busy doing other things. I'm happy to continue when (if) the tie gets broken, but the contest still has a long way to go, and I wonder how long it will be until the interest dwindles to nothing.

Not that that is necessarily a bad thing. I have no reason to whine, certainly. If anything, I learned something for future contests (whatever subject they might have) - the shorter the better.

knightMARE
2011-07-20, 08:27 AM
Transdimensional Geometric Command Codes

Leliel
2011-07-20, 01:40 PM
Again, can I vote twice?

Again, Vivisection.

Vauron
2011-07-20, 01:50 PM
Debug Console

golentan
2011-07-20, 01:53 PM
If voting twice is an option, I'd vote vivisection as well as a tie breaker. No offense to Lix.

Turalisj
2011-07-20, 01:53 PM
Debug console or vivisection... Or vivisecting things in order to debug them.

Leliel
2011-07-20, 07:09 PM
Debug console or vivisection... Or vivisecting things in order to debug them.

Keep in mind the Debug Console already won.

We're voting on the other main theme.

Turalisj
2011-07-20, 08:18 PM
Vivisection then.

"Let me open you up to see what's wrong with you.."