PDA

View Full Version : Marshal Question

BillyBobJoe
2011-06-30, 10:07 PM
One of our friends decided to make a Marshal//Sorcerer, but while looking over the skill list, I noticed something odd:

The marshal's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Int), Listen (Wis)...

So what does this mean? Does it mean they have all Knowledges as class skills, or is it just a typo? If it's the former, then it doesn't have the wording from all other classes with all Knowledges as class skills:

(all skills, taken individually)

meaning you could theoretically have every knowledge in existence by putting one rank in it. On a different note, I noticed they have neither Craft, nor Profession. Weird.

Thurbane
2011-06-30, 10:09 PM
The wording is a little unconventional, but I think it's safe to assume it means Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (INT).

BillyBobJoe
2011-06-30, 10:12 PM
All right, that actually makes sense (and is how we ruled it) considering warlord/tactical commander type person.

Rodimal
2011-07-01, 02:27 PM
The last time I played a Marshal, I just picked a Knowledge and went with it. In this case, Knowledge: Tactics. Then I max it out and used it every chance I got (My DM allowed me to use it in combat as it seemed to co well with the idea of the Marshal class). I've always wanted to play a Marshal again, and never got the chance.

Out