PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Vessel for Quori posession, or Help me find the perfect monster

supermonkeyjoe
2011-07-01, 04:07 AM
Hi all, I was hoping someone with a broader range of knowledge could help me out with my train of thought;

I'm looking for a particular race or monster to serve as a new and improved Vessel for the Quori of Eberron to possess, I was initially thinking of using a refluffed flesh golem or something similar possibly an awakened.incarnate phrenic flesh golem but I was wondering if there was anything better in one of the other Monster Manuals.

Key points I'm looking for are:-

Either a construct, humanoid or giant:- They need to be able to be perceived as the physical vessels of Gods

Psionic ability:- either naturally or through a template.

no/few gimmicks or special abilities:- no permanent auras of death or anything like that.

Physically robust:- good physical stats, ideally some DR/SR/energy resistance as well

Lowish CR:- I'd like the base to be around CR 6 or 7 to allow for some class levels/templates to go on top.

I'm sure there are some great creatures out there that would fit but my knowledge of the various monster books is limited to Eberron and Monster Manual 1 and 3. Any help would be very much appreciated :smallsmile:

Fouredged Sword
2011-07-01, 10:59 AM
Psiforged. Posibly warforged juggernauts.

Inferno
2011-07-01, 11:40 AM
could go with half-giants or ogre mages?
both are running around riedra iirc and are pretty easily templated, though ogre mage might be a bit outside your range...maybe a half ogre (fluff it as being you know, blue and such...) and give it some psion levels. or warlock.