PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible?

maximus25
2011-07-01, 09:03 AM
I want to coordinate my whole 3.5 party to do something really awesome.

So, we get one person to be a goliath, or other large creature. The rest of the party rolls up gnomes or similar small things. Then, get a length of rope, or a specially made harness and attach all the small people to the large one.

The question I'm asking is, if we were to do this, would all the AC's stack to the big guy, so say he has 10 base AC, then there were 4 gnomes all with 10 AC as a base, and being small they get +2, so would he have a base AC of 58 before dex and armor and things? Or would all the AC be seperate? Also if one gnome were to be killed in the line of action, he is still attached to the big guy, so would his AC still count for the large guy?

No real rules about this.

Yora
2011-07-01, 09:11 AM
All would have seperate AC, but the gnomes would provide the goliath with cover and might get hit, if the cover made the difference for the goliath being hit or not.

kharmakazy
2011-07-01, 09:12 AM
No, absolutely not.

But, if you can get enough smaller creatures into range, but somehow untargetable, they can all aid another to grant +2 AC to the large creature.

This thread revolves around doing just that to great effect.
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870890/Updated_Nanobots_Conquer_D38;D_%28AC,_Attack,_and_ Skill_Records%29

This thread makes me think of

http://i.imgur.com/fu6MJ.jpg

2-HeadedGiraffe
2011-07-01, 03:31 PM
You'd be better off trying to weaponize the gnomes. As long as you've got them all tethered to you, try using them as some sort of improvised whip. It wouldn't be all that effective, but it would certainly be an interesting image.

GoblinArchmage
2011-07-01, 10:12 PM
While it may not provide a benefit to AC, it is still awesome. In fact, instead of a large creature, have that player play a huge or larger creature. The gnomes could then build platforms in certain areas and then support the big character with crossbow fire.