PDA

View Full Version : wizards adjusting range

skeetajeep
2011-07-01, 09:08 AM
Hello playgrounders,

I was wondering if there was an easy way to change the range of a touch spell? All 3.5 and dragon magazine material is approved but no pathfinder.

Thanks to everyone in advance

Diarmuid
2011-07-01, 09:14 AM
What level and build are you trying to do this for?

There are a couple different options, but it depends on what level you're trying to do this at.

skeetajeep
2011-07-01, 09:16 AM
Human wizard/incantatrix lvl 15

Killer Angel
2011-07-01, 09:19 AM
Do you wanna change the description, or it's sufficient having the possibility to make your touch attacks from a safe distance?
'Cause if it's the latter, it simple... Spectral hand, Arcane reach (archmage) and so on...

Diarmuid
2011-07-01, 09:21 AM
With that build, your best bet is to probably just use Incantatrix metamagic cheese to persist Spectral Hand.

If you can work in some archmage, the Arcane Reach ability allows for Touch spells at Range.

There might be something in Drag Mag, I think I've seen it refernced on the boards, but I dont have them so cant check.

Larpus
2011-07-01, 09:26 AM
Isn't there a feat that does just that? Change touch to ranged touch?

Can't remember the source, but I'd guess either one of the Completes about magic or UA...

LordBlades
2011-07-01, 09:31 AM
If you're looking to change the descriptor from touch into fixed range so the spell is persistable, your best options are Reach Spell (Complete Divine IIRC) or Ocular Spell (Lords of Madness).

prufock
2011-07-01, 09:46 AM
As LordBlades said, Reach Spell MM feat. Also available as a MM Rod in Magic Item Compendium.