PDA

View Full Version : WFRP! Out of the Woods.........(IC)

bazzgh!
2011-07-01, 09:15 PM
An apprentice wizard, a student, a soldier, a mercenary, a thief, a runaway shieldbreaker, and a roadwarden all stumble into a bar on a dark and stormy night.......wait wrong beginning.

Carroburg, Middenland. You are walking around, its sunset. The sky is burning with pinks and oranges and yellows. You are admiring all the tall masts of the ships lining the wharf. You just arrived and taking a look around the town before hitting the hay. Several people bump into you and they say some mean things under their breath. You continue to walk and you see a huge crowd has assembled. There is alot of shouting and you see some beer bottles fly. You try to see whats happening and some people say that there's a big fight happening between 2 of the dock gangs over turf and one young crew getting killed. The guard show up and many people start rioting against them. Many religious folk start yelling that the end is here and much looting and rioting sparks into a large battle. Where do you find yourselves in the midst of the chaos? Rioting against the guards? Looting anything you can find before more then the guard show up? Beat up a random bystander that looked at you weird?....................

-Sentinel-
2011-07-01, 10:05 PM
The short, slight form wove its way through the riot with casual ease and a contemptuous disregard for danger, as if the violence-torn docks were nothing but a particularly busy marketplace. From time to time, the form bent down to snatch the purse or wedding ring of a downed man, then kept walking with hardly a pause. One could have mistaken the individual for a boy of twelve or thirteen summers, but the features half-concealed by the broad-rimmed hat were those of a young woman.

Elise was in her natural element. She had perfected the art of being inconspicuous, and was not bothered by any of the rioters or guards. While her ears listened intently for any footsteps headed her way, her green eyes were utterly focused on finding potential targets. She was a vulture, a scavenger, a parasite... and she had never lost a minute's sleep over it.

Her eyes lit up at an unmistakable glint of gold at the edge of her vision. A richly-dressed young man was lying dazedly on the cobblestones not six feet from her, his mouth open... and he sported quite a noticeable gold incisor.

Elise bent over him, flashed him a broad grin and asked playfully: "Excuse me, good sir, is this tooth all gold or only gold-plated?" The young man was too dazed to answer, but his eyes widened with fright. "Ah, forget it, I'm taking it anyway. You don't mind, do you? Just don't move, please, this won't hurt a bit." With a flick of her dagger, she deftly removed the tooth from its socket. The young man moaned in pain. "What a baby. See ya!"

The young man weakly attempted to grab her leg in protest, but the thief had already darted out of arm's reach. She wiped the bloody tooth with the edge of her shirt, tucked it inside in her pocket and began looking for other people to relieve of their burdensome wealth.

OOC:
I'm not really expecting to make money out of this. We can consider that the gold Elise acquires during the riot constitutes her starting wealth.

Blaze
2011-07-03, 03:47 PM
Jack is relieved to be done with the job he had acquired in Altdorf, it was an easy one, but the traveling took its toll on his body. He was interested in finding another job going in the direction of Altdorf, so he can at least make some money on the way home.

Having no luck finding himself an easy job, he decides on exploring Carroburg a little and walks to the docks before sunset. Knowing full well no city is safe at night when the sun comes down, he makes haste; the city usually becomes a hunting ground for the twisted and demented. Jack finds himself in the middle of a large commotion of brawling and looting. Judging the crowd he assumes that it could only get worse, so he cautiously removes himself from the fray and tries to find a safe spot. When the crowd begins to riot against the guards trying to calm the hostility, he knows it was a good idea to get out.

Jack has no idea why the people are rioting or why the battle took place, he decides participating like a mindless drone is trite, and refuses to become involved with the chaos. He keeps a watchful eye around him making sure his belongings are not missing. Somewhat interested in the riot, he begins to question others around him.

Gossip: [roll0] (35 for success)

Rhaegar14
2011-07-03, 11:20 PM
While Elise is untouched because she is inconspicuous, the fair-haired young Jacob's bearing sets him miles away from the rest of the crowd, and despite his road-weary clothes and armor, it is this reason that he goes unmolested. His icy blue eyes, eyes of a gentleman, of a lover, of a cold killer, cut through the rabble as he easily passes through them, pulling out women and children caught in the chaos before going back in for more. Also belted on his lean hips are a sword and dagger, but it is the butt of the pistol that his hand rests on.

Jacob gently pushes aside one of the more raucous ruffians, then strides into the crowd of guards and rioters once more, his eyes locked on the third poor old woman he has chosen to rescue. The world moves on... he thinks, reaching the woman and guiding her back to safety with all the others.

Monodominant
2011-07-05, 06:43 AM
The young dwarf looks at the fight break out with interest. It reminds him of tavern brawls from back home and the free for all nature makes it all the more interesting.

As the short, really fat dwarf walks through the crowd, pushing and shoving at all the right spots to ensure "his" path is not blocked he tries to end up close to the lines of the guard.

Once there he looks for a sergeant and approaches them.

"Hey there big fella! I am Anek. I think you may need a hand controlling this riot of yours. I would be glad to offer a helping hand or axe" he says and turns to face the crowd, and especially looking for gangers.

The dwarf draws the axe and bangs it on his Shield, a murderous look in his eyes.

"ROARG! LETS CRACK SOME SKULLS!" he yells out mostly bluffing.

I shall be referring to her as him... as this is easier... consider that her disguise of being a man is as flawless as can be, perfected and mastered over the many years she has been doing it...

I guess if I stay with the group a long time they figure it out but its not something that is obvious even for a practised eye.

Sadistic Seraph
2011-07-05, 10:53 PM
Dietrich had just taken his leave of his latest employer; a merchant bringing a caravan of goods from Marienburg. He was walking through the streets looking for a place to spend the night. He rounded a bend in the street and was greeted by the sight of a full scale riot raging through the street. He approached cautiously, observing and trying to get a better idea of what was going on. He unslung and readied his shield just in case.

somethingrandom
2011-07-06, 08:45 AM
Rudiger stayed as far from the fight as possible unsure of his ability to protect himself without magic and neither wanting to brake the law or become instantly hated.

bazzgh!
2011-07-07, 11:47 AM
After arriving at the riot it dissipates within an hour. Everybody goes on their merry way as if nothing happened. One old timer says "It sure is a strange common occurrence now a days". A young noble and his highly outfitted guard show up and he says "Blasted. Not again, I was sure we had them this time. Oh well let's just head back". One of the older guard members mumbles and points to all of you. You can overhear "adventuring type" and "ask them". He walks toward you all and says "You look like the adventuring type. I am on a quest to figure out what the deal is with these riots that randomly occur and then stop quick after. Do you know anything about these? Would you be willing to join me to figure out the problem of this? Nevermind. If you want to join me, follow me. If not then stay about your merry way" He then walks off guards trailing him.

-Sentinel-
2011-07-07, 12:09 PM
Elise blinked in surprise at being addressed directly, and quickly pocketed the purse she had just stolen. Luckily the newcomer hadn't noticed, or at any rate did not seem to care. The thief's eyes darted left and right at the nearest people: two young scholarly types, two tough-looking men, a Dwarf and a roadwarden. She did not know any of them, nor did she have any idea why the noble would choose her, of all people, to solve a mystery.

"Hey, not so fast, mate," she called after the young noble, blatantly disregarding the respect these people usually expected from their social inferiors. "What's in it for us? I ain't doing charity work, y'know."

somethingrandom
2011-07-07, 12:55 PM
Rudiger follows the men not fealing the need to say anything but excited that this might allow him to put what he has learned into practice.

Blaze
2011-07-07, 03:21 PM
Jack was taken aback by the direct approach the noble had taken. He had no idea who these other people were, but the job offer seemed to include the majority of people in that vicinity. He really needed the money, so he chimed in.

"I agree with the lady, if I am to work, I expect pay. I'm sure we all have expenses to cover." He took a few paces and stood beside the young female and gave her a polite smile.

"If I may... How do these riots affect you, good sir? Also, how far do we have to walk?"

Sadistic Seraph
2011-07-11, 09:43 AM
Dietrich steps forward towards the noble. "They are correct," he says, indicating Jack and Elise. "You can hardly expect us to follow you without at least some explanation or hint of reward."

Monodominant
2011-07-11, 11:57 AM
The young dwarf is puzzled by all this hurrying up, running around and the rapid events.

"I guess its true what they say about you humans trying to cram everything in your short little lives. Even your fights stop before they properly start!" he exclaims.

"In any case, I am interested. We discuss rewards, pay and the like later!" she calls out and hurries after the noble.

somethingrandom
2011-07-15, 07:18 AM
"So how long does a dewarfen fight typically last?"

Monodominant
2011-07-20, 01:55 PM
"Well...." begins the dwarf.

"A few hours or days depending on who is involved, for what reason the fight started and finally how much drinking is involved..." he says proudly.

"And off course there are the grudges.... those represent ongoing fights that last for generations, centuries... milenilenia or however the really long is called."he concludes.

Nudge. Bazzzgh would you say that this is dead or do you plan to keep running it?