PDA

View Full Version : [IC] The 4e Bandwagon!

Janus
2011-07-01, 10:29 PM
{table]
Player |
Character |
Class |
Role
Dr. Epic | Harrison (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=309079)| Fighter | Defender
humson | Eraqus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=308090)| Wizard | Controller
Kon Lesh | Zan-kryi (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=308008) | Swordmage| Defender
Hidden Sanity | Gore (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=309245)| Warlord | Leader
Hircine | Cordus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=308541)| Bard| Leader
Conundrum | Selqant (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=304996)| Monk | Striker[/table]

OOC thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205576

---
---

Morning is bleak, as usual. The sky is a cloudy gray, and the most visible part of Imperia City is the Grand Shadow Citadel, a black tower with a plethora of spiked battlements and stone walls adorned with red banners and red symbols of High Overlord Imperadorius's spiked helmet.
What's there to do on a morning like this? Well, pretty much whatever you want, so long as it doesn't involve

Happiness
Singing
Public vomiting
Public displays of affection
Heroics
Unfavorable comments regarding High Overlord Imperadorius
Anything silly

As you walk the city streets, you see the usual: hustle and bustle and assorted commotion, with the black-armored Shadow Sentinel troops making sure that no one does anything illegal.

Where you are, what you're doing, and who already knows each other is up to you. So, tell us- what are you doing on a hellish morning like this?
...and no, "I'm killing the High Overlord in his sleep!" is not a viable option.

Dr.Epic
2011-07-02, 01:47 AM
Harrison will approach one of the troops and ask "Hey tall and dark, I'm looking for any crypts or dungeons containing lost treasure. What do you know?"

Kon Lesh
2011-07-02, 01:56 AM
Zan-Kryi awakens early in the morning. Immediately, he kneels on the ground and says a quiet and quick prayer in his primordial tongue. He then stands and puts on a thick black cloak which hides the whole of his body and nearly all of his face except to two small yellow orbs for his eyes. He then moves to the window and looks outside. He shakes his head slightly saying "Always dreary. Can't wait to get back home." After closing the window shutters, he draws his sword. He begins to make slow movements through the air with his sword. Everything remains completely silent in the room as Zan continues with his morning reps.

humson
2011-07-02, 08:12 AM
Eraqus awakes as Zan-kyri starts his reps. Pulling out his spellbook Eraqus starts studying his spells while writing down some notes. After studying, Eraqus starts watching Zan impatient to leave. He knew sometime the guards made round or someone would want to meet the new people living here. Eraqus knew that they might see Zan and tell someone. He says We better leave soon before the guards come around

Kon Lesh
2011-07-02, 11:37 AM
Impatient, but there is truth in it. Zan sheaths his sword. Very well. Let us have a most excellent adventure.

Janus
2011-07-02, 11:37 AM
Harrison will approach one of the troops and ask "Hey tall and dark, I'm looking for any crypts or dungeons containing lost treasure. What do you know?"
The guard (Bernard) breaks out in a cold sweat.
"Oh, crap, whatdoIdo? WhatdoIdo? WhatdoIdo?"
You see, Bernard had had a rough morning (as usual). He'd overslept, and ran downstairs to eat a quick breakfast with his mom nagging him about who-knows-what the whole time (probably something about when he'll find a nice girl and settle down somewhere). He arrived at the guardhouse only to realize he'd forgotten his lunch money (again), and to make matters worse, the sorceress Deseja had come by for a surprise inspection. When asked to recite the Shadow Sentinel Code of Doom, Bernard had stammered and his voice cracked, resulting in all the other guards pointing and laughing at him, with Deseja giving him a beautiful (but evil) smirk, swatting him upside the head with a perfumed hand, and then moving on.

In other words, a few minutes pass, and Bernard still hasn't answered Harrison's question. All Harrison can hear is worried muttering and breathing from beneath the guard's imposing helmet.

Hidden Sanity
2011-07-02, 12:05 PM
Gore was out of a job... it wasn't that he was stupid, for he was quite well-read, nor was he weak or not hard-working, for those were both things Gore did well... It was simply that Gore wanted to put his combat training to use and employers seemed to get confused by phrases like 'I was hoping for a more tactical position' or 'Perhaphs I could be a crossbowman instead of a club weilder?'. Indeed, one guardsman even threatened to arrest him for being too silly. Gore was a bit dishartened by all this and plodded his imposing frame through the streets, beginning to seriously consider... uhg... manual labor... then again, he did like books, maybe he should try the library first? Bah, like they'd hire a gigantic goliath... still, intellegence did tend to go with increased open-mindedness...

Stopping, Gore looked about to see where he'd wandered too.

humson
2011-07-02, 12:44 PM
Eraqus walks by the the guard and Butterscotch. He stops to look at the nervous guard and the Halfling. He then whispers to Zanuh...thoughts?

Kon Lesh
2011-07-02, 01:43 PM
Zan stops and faces a store window, making it look like he is window shopping. Whispering back to Eraqus I...is that man alright? Looks like he is going crazy.

humson
2011-07-02, 03:18 PM
Eraqus thinks and then follows Zan's lead, using body language to fit in. He's having some sort of breakdown. Working for the the High overlord has to be a bad job

Conundrum
2011-07-02, 07:50 PM
Selqant had risen early that morning, as usual. After his usual meditation, he walked out into the bleak city, wondering (not for the first time) why he ever left the serenity of the mountains for this crowded, oppressive place.

Of course, the answer was to improve his skills and gain fame and fortune in the wide world. To do that, one must find somewhere where people are in need of help - and the people of Imperia City were some of the neediest Selqant had encountered.

He saw the halfling struggling to get a meaningful interaction from the guard and paused to eavesdrop, hoping for some humour to lighten his morning.

Hidden Sanity
2011-07-02, 07:58 PM
Gore does anything BUT blend in, standing head-and-shoulders above the general population like a monolith, Gore observes the guard. When not in combat, Gore's expression tends towards appearing a bit slow in the head, despite the contrary being true, only making him aquire even more stares than he would otherwise. Cleaning something slightly itchy out of his ear with his pinky, Gore observed what was going on. The most interesting thing happening at the moment seemed to be a guard being intimidated by a human child, no, actually, on second glance that was clearly a halfling. Gore inwardly kicked himself, it wasn't like him to confuse a species, even if they kinda look the same from his vantage point.

Too bad it wasn't a human child, that would have been funny.

Hircine
2011-07-02, 10:36 PM
Cordus Leon

A still form slumbers in the alley of the local tavern until a swift kick from a guard hits Cordus in the ribs. When the bard fails to stir another boot strikes him jarring him awake quickly. Waking up in a fairly bad mood he was quite ready to curse out whoever had disturbed his slumber. Opening his eyes this changed, as Cordus realized insulting one of the guards would get him thrown in the slammer..or worse.

"Top of the morning, sir guard. What can I do for you this fine morning?"

Janus
2011-07-02, 10:55 PM
"This is no place to sleep, scum, according to Law 38.17, Section A, Article B, paragraph 2, line 4. Get up."

Dr.Epic
2011-07-02, 11:09 PM
Harrison looks at the troop annoyed he hasn't given him an answer and says "Listen up guard: I'm looking for any sort of ancient dwellings. I'm a treasure hunter and seeker of lost knowledge and artifacts. Not stop muttering and give me a solid answer."

Janus
2011-07-02, 11:22 PM
"I DON'T KNOW JUST DON'T HURT ME PLEEEEAASE!!!"
He falls to his knees, going under a complete emotional breakdown.

Hidden Sanity
2011-07-02, 11:27 PM
Gore laughs a deep, booming laugh... That... well, not as funny as if it was a human child, but still funny.

Dr.Epic
2011-07-02, 11:45 PM
"Just get up you coward. Have some dignity will ya," Harrison says. Realizing the guard is worthless, Harrison looks around for any antique shops, artifact stores, libraries, map shops, or any such places that might have information to lost secrets.

Janus
2011-07-03, 03:07 PM
You see a library with a lovely sign- "Books and Crap."

Conundrum
2011-07-03, 04:57 PM
Selqant's humour turns to contempt as the guard breaks down sobbing in the street. All this fuss about Imperadorius and his fearsome warriors seems misplaced.

He continues walking, searching for somewhere he can test his skills against the locals - perhaps a dojo, or a sparring ring... hell, even a street fight would do.

Hidden Sanity
2011-07-03, 05:57 PM
Gore becomes curious of the sobbing girl guard, and as the halfling leaves, Gore approches the guard and looks down at him. "What did she say to you, anyway?"

Dr.Epic
2011-07-03, 07:41 PM
Harrison while pleased at the idea of books, he is not interested in the feces. He'll search around town for anyone with such knowledge.

streetwise check: [roll0]

Hircine
2011-07-03, 11:29 PM
Cordus Leon

Cordus groans lightly as he rubs his head from his splitting headache. The urge to vomit is almost to much for the bard to bare but he holds on. Placing a cupped hand over his mouth along with several deep breaths Cordus feels a bit better. The lazy bard then slicks back his hair and gives the guard his charming smile.

"Sorry about that. I lost all of my money last night and I had no place to sleep. I apologize for my error in judgment, it will never happen again.", Cordus says flashing his winning smile again.

Kon Lesh
2011-07-04, 11:11 AM
Well...I was not expecting a guard to... Zan stops talking with his mouth half open as he watches a goliath approach the guard and start talking to him. What is this?

humson
2011-07-04, 11:14 AM
Watching the halfling walk away, Eraqus has an ideal turning to Zan Eraqus whispers to him Talk to the guard and that goliath , find out what happened Without waiting for an answer, Eraqus runs after the Hafling.
Wait up! Tell me what happened.

Dr.Epic
2011-07-05, 12:47 AM
Harrison, interrupted in his search for knowledge, responds to Eraqus. "I asked the guard a few questions and they broke down before me. Shame, they'll give anyone a sword these days and allow them to be a soldier."

Conundrum
2011-07-05, 04:22 AM
Eventually Selqant circles back around to the square with the sobbing guard. The streets of the city confused him after spending so long in the mountains, and he could not get his bearings or find anything useful.

The group in the square had become more varied... he could pick out a halfling and a genesi, and would have been hard pressed not to notice the goliath towering over all.

He walks up to the goliath and genesi, pulling back the hood of his simple robe to reveal his face. Short cropped black hair and a matching beard conceal most of an intricate series of tattoos, but do little to mask the dark green colour of his skin.

"Evening, gentlemen," he intoned, bowing slightly. "I can't help but notice that this city is severely lacking in competent residents. You two, however, look like you have earned your place in the world. Would either of you care to spar with me?"

He leaves the offer hanging, hands spread in front of him.

Janus
2011-07-05, 12:49 PM
"Sorry about that. I lost all of my money last night and I had no place to sleep. I apologize for my error in judgment, it will never happen again.", Cordus says flashing his winning smile again.

[roll0]

The guard seems entranced by Cordus's dazzling pearly whites, but shakes off the effect and pokes Cordus in the gut with his sword.
"Get up now or I'll see to it that you never smile again."
Clearly this guy's tougher than Bernard.

Hidden Sanity
2011-07-05, 01:18 PM
Gore looked at the flashy newcommer; he was very rude just barging in while Gore was clearly trying to talk to the sobbing guard. The guard himself seemed particularly unhelpful, as guards went. Gore poked at the guard with his foot a bit to see if that elicited a response to his querry.

Kon Lesh
2011-07-05, 01:33 PM
To Selqant"Sorry but I have just awoken and not really ready for a test of strength. Possibly later." To Gore "Ahhh, my friend. I don't think that he is happy as a foot stoll. I heard a pat on the back is best." Zan gives the guard a pat on the back.

Hircine
2011-07-05, 04:14 PM
Cordus Leon

"Alright, alright, I'm getting up. Sheesh!", the bard complains as he stumbles to his feet. Using the wall of the tavern to support himself Cordus looks over to the guard. "This better."

Janus
2011-07-05, 05:03 PM
The sobbing guard blubbers his thanks and pulls out a white handkerchief. He noisily blows his nose into it.
"What did who say to me?"
Remember that he didn't actually tell you what had happened.

--
--
"One last thing," the guard tells Cordus. He notices an anachronistic tin can sitting on a trash can and casually knocks it off.
"Pick up that can."

humson
2011-07-05, 05:05 PM
Yes they control though fear not courage or skill Eraqus sighs The people here are defeated. Given up... but you are not. you have courage to stand up even ask a question to guard. Even if that guard had less courage then a little girl. That's good.

Hidden Sanity
2011-07-05, 05:34 PM
Unless you have a serious objection, I had declared earlier that Gore observed the tail end of the questioning.

Gore rolls his eyes and sighs, he had forgotten that not everyone passed basic logic.

"The halfing you were just talking to?"

Janus
2011-07-05, 06:11 PM
The guard, still confused, looks in Harrison's direction.
"The halfling's a she!?"

OOC
You said "she," so I assumed you were talking about Deseja.

Conundrum
2011-07-05, 06:27 PM
Selqant looks briefly confused, before realizing that the goliath was still attempting to get the guard's attention. In truth, the guard had lost all significance to the githzerai some time ago - blubbering wrecks like this one were not worth his time or attention, and he had assumed others would feel the same way.

However, he was practiced at reading people, and relying solely on aural information to advance the situation was obviously not getting anywhere. He turned his attention to the guard, searching for some clue as to what was causing him to behave so oddly. It couldn't have just been the halfling.

Insight to determine what's bothering him: [roll0]
Or Perception to notice anything unusual about the guard?: [roll1]

Hidden Sanity
2011-07-05, 06:49 PM
Huh, on rechecking, I misread the sheet, for whatever reason I thought there was a 'F' there. Compleatly my Bad, ah well.

Gore shrugs. "I didn't lean over to check, you had a better angle to tell, we'll go with what you saw."

Hircine
2011-07-05, 07:04 PM
Cordus Leon

Cordus is about to roll his eyes and spit in the guards face, but somehow the bard reins in his temper. With a grin he leans down collecting the tin can then proceeds to discard it in the trash can.

"Is that all, sir guard?", Cordus says weakly.

Janus
2011-07-05, 09:15 PM
@Selqant
You notice nothing particularly unusual about the guard, other than the fact that he's having a complete emotional breakdown in front of you, and that he seems somewhat scrawny.
As for what's wrong, it's difficult to tell, but it seems likely that it's the result of a buildup of several different things.

The guard sniffles and answers Gore, "Oh, it was nothing. He asked for someplace to go treasure hunting or something and I don't know of anything like that and I just kinda lost it..."
He blows his nose again.

---
---
"All right. You can go," the guard tells Cordus, walking off and laughing to himself.

Hidden Sanity
2011-07-05, 09:36 PM
Gore scratched his head; he was pretty good at figuring out most things except people...
The confusion of the guards emotional state aside, it orccured to Gore that treasure hunting seemed like it might be a good way to bring in some income.

"I'm guessing you don't know anything about how one goes about treasure hunting?"

Janus
2011-07-06, 03:39 PM
"Not really. I've heard stories of some place called 'Tomb of Horrors,' but I doubt you'll want to go there..."

Hidden Sanity
2011-07-06, 06:06 PM
"Probably just named that to keep away tourists" Mused Gore before turning to the newcommer.

"Hello?"

Conundrum
2011-07-06, 06:24 PM
So now he'll talk to me, Selqant thinks to himself.

"Greetings. I was merely curious as to whether you were interested in a quick, friendly spar. I find that constantly being surrounded by wretches like this," he indicates the guard with a not-gentle kick, "dulls both my skills and my senses, and thought you might feel the same way."

Hidden Sanity
2011-07-06, 08:25 PM
Gore looked at the new person... Gore was not strictly oppossed to cruelty, as it were, but it should generally serve a point. Perhaphs this new person was attempting to pick a fight with the all the guards to prove his point?

"Isn't there the gladitorial arena for that sort of thing?"

Janus
2011-07-06, 08:29 PM
The armor protects the crying guard's body, but his spirits and self-esteem appear to get even lower.
:smallfrown:

Conundrum
2011-07-06, 09:33 PM
Selqant lets out a sound of disgust before looking back to the goliath.

"I'm sure there is, but as a general rule, places like this reserve their gladiatorial battles for slaves and criminals. I am neither."

He thought for a moment. "You mentioned treasure hunting. Perhaps we could find something to test our skills collaboratively, rather than competitively."

Kon Lesh
2011-07-06, 09:48 PM
"True working along side each other might be best. Also, the removal of such a horridly sounding place may be beneficial as well." Looking at the guard "Ummm...you should go and have your break. you have been having a hard day."

Hidden Sanity
2011-07-07, 02:23 AM
Gore shruged, he'd worked with worse people, after all.
"Depends what you had in mind, I suppose."

Conundrum
2011-07-07, 04:03 AM
"Well, your current tact seems promising if we simply wanted to find somewhere promising riches and rewards. Alternately, we could find someone in this miserable place who needs our help."

He looks around for a moment. "Well, more than the rest of them do, anyway. And they'd have to be willing to pay us, of course."

Kon Lesh
2011-07-07, 12:08 PM
From the looks of it, the whatever-he-is-called overlord needs the most help. But if you find something to harm said person then I would be most willing to join and I am sure that my compatriot would not mind either.

Hidden Sanity
2011-07-07, 01:41 PM
Gore looked between the guard in the employ of overlord whatever-his-name-is and the person suggesting harm come to overlord whatever-his-name is, back to the guard, back to the Genasi... Gore remained silent on the matter but was uncertain wither he should be disrespecting the Genasi for his choice of audience, or pitying the guard for just how little respect he's achieved; not that Gore respected him much, mind you, but you are allowed to feel sorry for pathetic people. Gore often felt sorry for some of the pathetic people he was ordered to 'explain' things to. Anyway, there was one part of the Genasi's statement worth commenting on

"Compatriot?"

Kon Lesh
2011-07-07, 02:43 PM
"He is a wizard. He decided to talk to the halfling that was talking to this fellow." Patting the guard on the shoulder "He is a bit impatient but he is reliable."

Zan then realizes that he might have insulted the guard with his previous comment. Thinking quickly of how to fix the problem he asks the guard "So why are you a guard? It seems like you don't enjoy it too much."

Conundrum
2011-07-07, 05:00 PM
Responding to Zan's first comment, Selqant scowls. "I am not much interested in all that noble 'overthrow-the-oppressor' garbage. If the people of this city are downtrodden, they should do something about it themselves, not rely on outsiders. Unless, of course, you are from here... but I have to say I'd be surprised."

He then rolls his eyes as the genesi continues to coddle the guard.

Janus
2011-07-07, 10:47 PM
"You guys really shouldn't be saying that stuff out loud..."
"I didn't have much say in the matter. My uncle's a sergeant, and he pulled some strings to get me this job."

Hircine
2011-07-07, 11:29 PM
Cordus Leon

The bard was glad to be rid of that troubling guard. Reaching into his pockets he became quite distraught by his lack of coin. "I need to find a tavern or maybe a group of adventurers."

Kon Lesh
2011-07-08, 02:14 AM
"Nope, never been here before. And I really don't want to overthrow him. I follow the 'protect my homeland' garbage." Turning to the guard again. "And I know what you need. You need some freedom. You need to go out and find your true calling. There are farms in the east that could use farm hands. Towns and cities all around looking for more workers. I can tell that you hate being a soldier and if your uncle can't respect you for following your own dreams then you should just go."

Diplomacy check to have the guard pack up everything and find something that he enjoys to do. And forget about anything that he might have heard from us
[roll0]

Janus
2011-07-08, 03:46 PM
Natural 1, ouch!
Unfortunately, the guard doesn't hear Zan's message clearly through his thick helmet. Thinking he's being berated, he hangs his head and starts to walk away.
"Okay..." he says pitifully.

Hidden Sanity
2011-07-10, 05:19 AM
Gore silently mutters "I'll never know what goes on in their minds..."

Dr.Epic
2011-07-11, 11:28 PM
"What do you mean 'The halfling's a she?'" Harrison says to the guard. "Now listen, tell me about this tomb or I'll make sure you're certainly be a she." Harrison gestures for his blades menacingly.

Conundrum
2011-07-12, 12:44 AM
"Oh, come now," Selqant sighs at Harrison. "He's clearly referring to the mythological Tomb of Horrors that parents use to scare their children away from becoming adventurers. There's hardly any need for callous threats."

He looks back and forth between the sobbing guard and the strange assortment of people now gathered.

"Why don't we find something constructive to do, before we all get ourselves in trouble?"

Janus
2011-07-13, 04:27 PM
You hear a commotion coming from the main square as Evil Trumpets blast an Unholy Fanfare.
"Make way for High Overlord Imperadorious!"

Conundrum
2011-07-16, 04:39 AM
"Ohoh, this ought to be interesting!" Selqant chuckled.

Kon Lesh
2011-07-16, 05:11 AM
Zan slowly maneuvers himself behind the goliath, drawing his cape closer. "How annoying."

Hircine
2011-07-16, 09:37 AM
Cordus Leon

Cordus walks the streets trying to figure out a way to get some coin into his pouch. As he wanders into the main square he hears trumpets blaring and the name they announced sent shivers down his spine. It seemed High Overlord Imperadorious was in town much to the bard's disappointment. He was sure he'd need to be on his best behavior to ensure he wouldn't cross paths with the Overlord.

Hidden Sanity
2011-07-16, 02:41 PM
Gore rolled his eyes a bit, it was always a bit of a pain when someone apparently important walked by, needing to put your day on hold just so someone else could walk by. Ah well, not like he was doing anything of note.

humson
2011-07-16, 10:27 PM
Eraqus steps into the shadow in between two building, out the road. Best not to draw attention he thought to himself.

Dr.Epic
2011-07-16, 11:47 PM
Harrison at the sight of Overlord Imperadorious says "'Right. I think it's obvious now. We need to get to this Tomb of Horrors before this overlord guy's do. Whatever's in there is too powerful to fall into his hands. For the good of the world, we need to get there first."

Hidden Sanity
2011-07-16, 11:51 PM
Gore looks down at the Halfling, lifting his left eyebrow in response to the Halflings ethusiasm.

"What makes you think there's anything of vaule in this tomb? Perhaphs it's just horrors?"

Dr.Epic
2011-07-16, 11:55 PM
Harrison looks at Gore and says "Think about it. Why else would this high overlord guy be around here? He wants the powerful artifact in this tomb. He could probably take over the world with it. We have to act fast. Now come on. You in or out?"

Hidden Sanity
2011-07-16, 11:58 PM
Gore became uncertain that he had followed the information correctly, he was under the impression the tomb was very much elsewhere, but the halfling seemed to think it was nearby.

"He does kinda own the city and has lots of reason to do offical visits all over the place? Where exactly is the tomb anyway?"

Dr.Epic
2011-07-17, 04:39 PM
"Good question," Harrison replies to Gore. He walks up to the first new person he sees and asks "Hey, we're looking for the Tomb of Horrors. Any idea where it is?"

Conundrum
2011-07-18, 01:53 AM
Selqant again rolls his eyes. "You must be the most adept person i've ever met at jumping to conclusions. This man rules this kingdom, that's why he's here. It's highly likely that there's no such thing as the Tomb of Horrors, and if there is, there's doubtless nothing of note in it. It's hardly as though we've all been gathered here for some great purpose..."

With that, Selqant returns to watching the procession with interest.

Hidden Sanity
2011-07-18, 01:55 AM
Gore is now convinced that halfling is just a tiny bit crazy, but that's ok, most people are.

Kon Lesh
2011-07-18, 07:17 PM
Zan continues to keep himself hidden behind his cloak but decides on giving his 2 copper pieces in the conversation."We all know that many things are exaggerated a bit here. Just look at our friendly guard from before. And I would not be surprised if the tomb was the same. But 'if you never look for the sunken ship's gold yourself then the fish could have eaten it'. I see no problem in checking it out. If we know a location."

Janus
2011-07-19, 09:47 AM
Psst- check out the OOC thread if you haven't already. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205576

Janus
2011-07-20, 02:44 PM
Harrison successfully finds out some info on the Tomb's whereabouts-
A crusty old dude tells you, "Aye, there's a Tomb of Horrors near these parts. Simply travel southward a couple of days, and you'll find it with no problem. Expect an encounter or two along the way, and you'll be just fine (with some extra XP, no less!)."

As you make your way to the main square, there's a crowd of hundreds of people dutifully showing up to hear with the High Overlord has in mind. The trumpets continue as some minstrels chant ominously in Latin (despite that language not existing in this world).
Suddenly, the lead minstrel stops chanting and steps out into the crowd, passionately singing:
This is the tale of Captain Jack Sparrow!
Pirate so brave on the seven seas!
Mystical quest to the isle of Tortuga!
Raven locks sway on the ocean's breeze!!!!
After a moment of awkward silence, he is arrested for being silly.
A herald proceeds to announce business regarding the city, the only particular thing of note being a new law:
"For the love of all things unholy, stop looking for character build advice in the General Roleplay Hall! Take that discussion to the proper hall! Furthermore, all discussions regarding character flavor should be in the General Roleplaying Hall! He shoots a glare at a group of 3.x Discussion Hall members. "Failure to abide by this law is punishable by Having the Living Crap Kicked Out of You By the High Overlord Himself."
He continues with the day's business.

The High Overlord Imperadorius himself is standing on a raise platform, clad in his usual spiky black and red armor with a horned helmet, his face covered as usual. He is flanked by a group of Elite Shadow Sentinels. The Beautiful But Evil Deseja stands next to him, looking voluptuous as usual.

@Harrison
You could swear that Deseja looked straight at you for a moment, a look of interest in her violet eyes. Before you can point this out to anyone (much less figure out how she saw you in a crowd full of folks much taller than you), she's already looking back over the crowd, her expression neutral.

Dr.Epic
2011-07-20, 07:44 PM
"Excellent! Now that we know where the tomb is, we can act now and retrieve this powerful artifact, whatever it may be. Who's with me?"

Hidden Sanity
2011-07-20, 10:13 PM
"Is that how this adventuring stuff get's done, then?"

Gore didn't care too much, he was too much of a brute to get an intellectual job and too much of an intellectual to get a brutish job... So long as he proceeded into this adventuring nonsense with a bit of caution, he likely wouldn't end up much worse off than he was now.

On the other hand, this small halfling seemed to be indicating that caution and logic were best thrown to the wind for adventuring... Then again, that could just be his weak-point at adventuring.

Dr.Epic
2011-07-21, 03:44 AM
"Adventure; excitement; an adventurer craves not these thing," Harrison says to Gore. "Or, well...maybe they do. Point is I'm heading out to this tomb. Anyone who's coming with, we're leaving in an hour. Settle any unfinished business in that period or I'm leaving you behind."

Hircine
2011-07-22, 06:04 AM
Cordus Leon

Shifting through the crowd the bard catches something of interest. A halfling is talking about a tomb with some kind of powerful artifact. Cordus frown slightly as adventuring usually isn't his cup of tea but there could be other valuable trinkets as well. Walking over he puts a confident smile on his face.

Clearing his throat he introduces himself. "Adventure you say, well color me intrigued! I am Cordus Leon bard extraordinaire! If you'd be willing I'll aid you on this no doubt perilous task."

Cordus now waits for a response from the adventurers.

Dr.Epic
2011-07-22, 03:49 PM
"Excellent. Nice to meet you Cordus." Harrison says. "I'm Harrison. Harrison Butterscotch. Grand fighter and treasure hunter."

Conundrum
2011-07-22, 07:11 PM
Selqant represses a sigh - it seems that if he were to live in this strange world, he would have to make a habit of that.

"If you lot are truly going in search of something called the Tomb of Horrors, you're going to need all the help you can get. I'll come along."

Dr.Epic
2011-07-22, 07:28 PM
"And who might you be?" Harrison says to Selqant.

humson
2011-07-22, 07:32 PM
Eraqus looks at Zan well friend, what do you think? Are we in?

Conundrum
2011-07-22, 09:04 PM
Selqant stares at the halfling in disbelief.

"I'm the one who's been standing here for the last half an hour, trying to talk you out of- oh, never mind."

He looks around at the others gathered nearby hopelessly.

"Do you want my help or not? I assure you I am more than able to hold my own, although none here seem willing to allow me to prove it."

Kon Lesh
2011-07-22, 09:07 PM
Turning to Eraqus "It is a good lead to my goals and we may find something good in there. So I am for it. You?"

Dr.Epic
2011-07-23, 01:39 PM
"Right, but you never told me your name," Harrison says to Selqant. "And how can I adventure with someone if I don't know their name?"

Conundrum
2011-07-23, 08:44 PM
"Oh." Selqant looks genuinely surprised. "Name, right. Selqant is as good a name as any," he says, referring to the name he'd only rarely bothered to use while training in the mountains.

Dr.Epic
2011-07-23, 08:49 PM
"Excellent! Nice to meet you Selqant. Is there anyone else?" Harrison says addressing the question to the general area around him.

Janus
2011-07-23, 10:22 PM
"My rat is on life support!" a random citizen cries in response, running away in tears.

Hidden Sanity
2011-07-24, 12:44 AM
Gore considered the situation, and realized that he really needed to do something, and, at the moment, if it weren't for idiotic options, he wouldn't have any options at all. May as well toss his lot in.

"Names Gore."

humson
2011-07-24, 08:23 AM
I owe you my life. Until that debt is paid in full or you no longer need my help, I'll follow you.
turning to the others and bowing, he says, My name is Eraqus. I hope my skills serves you well.

Dr.Epic
2011-07-31, 12:33 AM
Harrison looks around and asks "Anyone else?"