PDA

View Full Version : Help with a daggerspell

Rosleaw
2011-07-02, 11:20 AM
I want to proyect a daggerspell and need some help with the feats and the race choice. The idea is to be the stealth guy of the group so i was thinkng a build like this:

Rogue 4/Jester1/ Daggerspell 10 etc

I need some feats for the build (like practiced speelcaster) any ideas?

For the race i will be a tibbit( a shapeshifter cat)

Psyren
2011-07-02, 12:10 PM
Why Jester and not Bard? The Jester spell list is much more restricted. You can make a Bard with Perform (Comedy) and fluff it as a Jester for most of the same benefits and better spells.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-07-02, 01:25 PM
Spellthief 1/ Wizard 4/ Daggerspell Mage 10 (5)/ Unseen Seer 5 (10), take the feat Master Spellthief from Complete Scoundrel if you want to cast spells in light armor, though just (Greater) Mage Armor should be more than enough. Say you visited the Highest Spire detailed in Complete Scoundrel to get the feat Agile Athlete for 3,000 gp without spending a feat on it, which makes your Climb and Jump checks Dex-based instead of Str-based. As the party's skillmonkey you'll be much better of with Int-based casting instead of Cha-based, you can spend your skills and play your character to feel like the kind of character you want him to be without gimping his capabilities. Definitely get the feat Darkstalker from Lords of Madness so you can actually hide from creatures with scent, blindsense, tremorsense, etc. Against opponents with Darkvision you probably won't have the necessary concealment to make hide checks, i.e. they'll automatically see you because they can see through the dark, so use Invisibility when sneaking.