PDA

View Full Version : Exodus Questions

RandomNPC
2011-07-02, 01:10 PM
Hi. Details below, skip to the last paragraph for the actual questions I've got.

So My group is a fairly causal play group, we usually don't even remember each others characters names, just using the players names, if that's any indication of how casual we are.

Most of us are fallout fans, and having heard that Exodus was meant to be fallout D20 but had the license pulled, they went and changed some names and art, and published anyway. So it's a bit rough around the edges, but still a decent game. We picked up two new group members, they've been gaming together for a while, and haven't given me any reason not to trust them.

Turns out I don't enjoy being storyteller as much as I thought I would in this setting, and the new girl wanted to run a few games, that's where the issue starts.

I gave the group some robots to fight, and the new guy wanted to reprogram them. No issue there, but I explained they were close-combat only, and programing he couldn't remove with his current skill checks kept them from touching computers. Just some restrictions I felt were good for flavor.

Now that I'm not running the game, the groups trans-genetic-mutant (Read: super mutant) is on a different experience scale (I can't find any evidence of this scale in the book) and the robots that were re-programed are... different. What the group knows I gave them stat=wise is AC14, a +2 strength bonus, with PDR:4 (physical DR) Now that I'm not running the game an NPC rolled a natural 17 and missed one of the robots, and the one we took with us has an SMG. As a final note, the new guy seems to know everything about the game, and is leading us from treasure to treasure, flat out telling us to ignore some areas, and to inspect some otherwise uninteresting areas.

I want to take back over when she's done, but I don't want to take over and change everything back, 'cause I know that's a jerk move, but I have no idea where she's getting this from. There's no ECL bonus on the races, nothing about each race leveling differently, everything I've told them about the robots was completely ignored, and it's become a game of "Watch us two role-play and meta-game while you all sit there."

Help?

Suicidal Charge
2011-07-02, 01:24 PM
Alright, so, you were GMing but didn't enjoy it. While you were GM, you gave them some robot enemies and new guy (NG1) rewired them. Then, new girl (NG2) took over as GM, and gave the 'bots completely diffirent stats, gave one of 'em a SMG. NG1 is either in cahoots with NG2 and she's telling him were stuff is, or if it's a module he's read it already. NG2 has houseruled in a new EXP scale without informing anybody. I'd say that there's only so many options for you. As I see it,

1: change groups.
2: when you take over GMing again, take off from where it is now, but reassert the 'bots stats and change the future of the game. Possibly convert the mutant back to old EXP scale.
3: Talk to 'em OOC and ask them to change it a bit.

RandomNPC
2011-07-02, 02:29 PM
1: It's hosted at my house, and I feel a bit odd about it, seeing as I invited them.

2: Do you think "Let it be and change it all back later" is ok? I kind of want to address this now, but don't know how. It was mentioned in a fight that the robot couldn't be hit except with a natural 20, and I don't want to take over and re-instate the AC14 when the group has become dependant on the robots. That also has the possibility to level the mutant up a few times depending on how long she DMs for.

3: I want to talk it over OOC, I just don't know how to deal with it, or what order to tackle it in.

I'm going to ask on facebook where the alternate experience chart is, and go from there I think.

Suicidal Charge
2011-07-02, 03:15 PM
1: Alright.

2: I meant, only the major points, like the bot stats, and possibly the EXP table. You might be able to slowly wean them off of the 'bots.

3: Can't help you there. I've the social skills of a foetid fish.

Okay.

RandomNPC
2011-07-02, 03:42 PM
Update: I asked on facebook about why the mutant leveled up oddly. Specifically what page the rules on. She went off about the characters ego trip and despite the familiarity they claim with D&D gave me a "WTF" when I replied with an ECL example.

Told her there's no ECL but the mutants could use one, maybe even an ECL2, but I let it slide because he doesn't use guns and we're a fairly casual game group.

Her boyfriend posted the chart, turns out we've got book 1.0 and they've got book 1.5, dunno if I want to let that comment about my friends ego slide though.