PDA

View Full Version : Good 4e adventures to convert to 3.X

cowsay
2011-07-02, 02:52 PM
I tried 4e and it ain't for me or my chums. So, I was wondering if there are any superb 4e modules/adventures that you'd recommend that could be converted to 3.X.

Also, I was wondering if anyone has a set of protocols for how to make such a conversion.

opticalshadow
2011-07-02, 03:18 PM
I tried 4e and it ain't for me or my chums. So, I was wondering if there are any superb 4e modules/adventures that you'd recommend that could be converted to 3.X.

Also, I was wondering if anyone has a set of protocols for how to make such a conversion.

the conversion isnt that hard since 4e just really condenses 3.5, so alls you really have to do is unpack it. restore the enemies to their orginal state and add in the skill checks that got reduced to one or none.

you may have to tweak some encounters as the difficulty depends of some of the monsters new inate abilities (or you could just give them a use/day version of the same ability)

the dungeon delve book has 30 one off adventures (that give you a small passage on hwo to convert to full aedventure) and many of them have decent set up storlines and all, i wouldnt mind converting a few for my games.

cowsay
2011-07-03, 08:00 AM
Thanks. I'll definitely check out the dungeon delve book.

I'm hoping there are other recommendations, even from 3rd parties.

ShriekingDrake
2011-08-22, 01:12 PM
I heard that Scales of War was good, but haven't seen it myself. Nor, I'm sorry to say, would I know how to convert from 4e to 3e.