PDA

View Full Version : Know where to go to find an argument?

Verbannon
2011-07-02, 08:24 PM
For a while now I've been looking to find an active 4e vs 3.5 no holds bar, rip your throat out argument. Because thats what I currently feel in the mood to argue.

Are there any active 4e vs 3.5 threads going on anywhere on this forum right now?

I don't want to start one, cause if there isn't an active one I don't want to be seen as trolling.

I also asked the same thing on ENworld.

Are there any other DnD forums beyond here and there?

Seerow
2011-07-02, 08:29 PM
Try the gaming den?

Dragonsoul
2011-07-02, 08:31 PM
*Sets up flamewall*
OK, the big difference between the two systems is that D&D is balanced in 4.0- at the cost of ripping out it's heart and replacing it with one from a level 90 Blood elf.

3.5. is hella unbalanced, but for me that's part of the fun, me and my GM have rules tennis-I'll do something broken, have fun with it, and then drop it after a game.

4.0, seems deader, sure fun can be extracted, but builds seem less diverse- Where's the Kitten thrower Rogue, or the fire breathing swallow?

But each to his own really:smalltongue: So long as your group is good any system will be fun

Verbannon
2011-07-02, 08:40 PM
No, I didn't try the gaming den. Thanks, I'll check that.

The-Mage-King
2011-07-02, 08:59 PM
Try the WotC forums. That should be easy enough to get an arguement started on.

opticalshadow
2011-07-02, 09:02 PM
im willing to hold it here if its not outside the rules of this forum.

but the argument has been done to death and theres not much to say, they are two completly diffrent names, that handle totally diffrent and which you like is really based on what your going for. ill argue on behalf of 3.5 of course, because in my mine 4e isnt dnd, its a good pnp game, but its not a dnd game.

KingofMadCows
2011-07-02, 09:27 PM
I think the whole 4th vs. 3.X edition thing was settled a while ago and the real argument has been over OGL vs. GSL.

Gnome Alone
2011-07-03, 12:09 AM
Just go into like a McDonald's and start telling completely random strangers that healing surges are a pile of crap, and so forth. You'll get all the arguments you want!

Psyren
2011-07-03, 12:30 AM
Just go into like a McDonald's and start telling completely random strangers that healing surges are a pile of crap, and so forth. You'll get all the arguments you want!

Be sure to videotape this as well.

Big Fau
2011-07-03, 03:45 AM
TGD is a good place to start, but be aware that they are somewhat non-supportive of either system (and don't ever mention Pathfinder) seeing as they favor Frank&K's Tome works over basic 3.5.

Brilliant Gameologists is fairly lax, but most of the posters there are solidly pro-3.5 (as evidenced by the amount of activity the 4E forums get and the PbP threads).

Do not go to Gleemax for it. The mods there are still prone to locking such threads.

The Glyphstone
2011-07-03, 09:32 AM
Great Modthulhu: This is just a bad idea. Starting a thread specifically for the purposes of argument could be considered trolling by itself, but even assuming that was not the intent, it will still end badly. There are plenty of 3.x vs. 4e debate threads that can be found in the archives, and to the last of them, almost every single one devolved into a flame war with multiple infractions being handed out. Rather than see yet another thread go the same way, I'm going to pre-emptively lock this for everyone's safety and happiness. Please don't re-open the thread or a similar thread; if you wish to start such an argument thread, there have been a few suggestions of other sites whose rules would be more inviting of such a thread.