PDA

View Full Version : AvB - Veshna

Monodominant
2011-07-03, 03:53 PM
Rukia and DMs only... tresspassers will be drawn and quartered.

On the other side of the door you just entered is a dwarf sitting at a desk with a pile of papers strewn throughout. He glances up as you enter and says, "Oh, another one? Sign this and please don't waste my time going every little detail." He pushes a paper your direction.

The walls are bare stone, and behind him is a black door made of iron.

Rukia
2011-07-03, 04:09 PM
Veshna grabs the paper from the Dwarf and gives it a quick once over.

"I assume this is my contract? I'll sign it without much trouble, but just what is the job?"

Monodominant
2011-07-03, 04:37 PM
The dwarf gives an annoyed grunt as he is distracted from his own paperwork.

"Standard non-disclosure agreement." He says.

"This is not the job... jobs are available beyond this door. This contract ensures, magically and mundanely, that you dont talk about anything you see past these doors..."

Rukia
2011-07-03, 04:39 PM
"Understood, my apologies." says Veshna as she signs the paper.

Monodominant
2011-07-03, 04:49 PM
The dwarf thanks her, and waves her on through the black door.

On the other side is a well groomed halfling standing between two spiral staircases. "Employer or Employee?" he asks cheerfully as you walk inside.

Rukia
2011-07-03, 05:10 PM
"Employee" says Veshna responding in a similarly cheerful voice.

Monodominant
2011-07-04, 12:20 AM
"Right this way then Miss. I am sure you will find everything you are looking for!"

He cheerfully takes you up the left-hand staircase. He opens the door at the top and ushers you on through.

On the other side are long hallways with labels describing the sort of jobs offered along that hall.

Rukia
2011-07-04, 03:25 PM
Veshna stands in awe at the sheer amount of job listings.

"So many to choose from, I almost don't know where to start. I don't pretend to think I can tackle the worst problems of this city single handedly, nor should I concern myself with the more mundane. Where would I find a list of known murderers or other criminals with bounties on their heads? It may take awhile, but the more of these criminals that are brought to justice, the safer the people of this city will be."

Monodominant
2011-07-04, 03:37 PM
The halfling smiles at you curiously.

"I dont think you will find something exactly like that here... have a look around and perhaps something will strike your fancy..." he says before closing the door.

The halls are labeled by category, and the doors with names of employers. Veshna finds that one hall is holding rooms for "problem solving - discreet" and another "personal protection - quiet" that have sword symbols beneath their text.

There are almost always 12 doors per hallway and there seems to be a very large number of hallways.

You have the feeling that you could even spend the whole day here if you were to check out every single door.

Feel free to "make up" a hallway that something your character is looking for using the above two as an example. It should be something that an individual or an organization would pay you to do as these are private jobs as opposed to work for the city itself or for the City Watch.

Monodominant
2011-07-07, 09:29 AM
Bump.

Are you still interested in this?

Monodominant
2011-07-16, 08:36 AM
Once again bump to give one last chance before moving your character to the inactive ones.

Could you give me some feedback on if you plan to continue at some point or have lost interest?