PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Master Transmogrifier build

Ronan
2011-07-03, 07:48 PM
Hi, all

So, we're playing this evil campaign and I'm a sorcerer. Polymorphed into a Hydra last session, did some damage. I'm lvl 8 now, and I'm thinking about how can I optimize it.

What I have:
===============================================
Race: Human

STR 8
DEX 14
CON 14 (18 with +4 item)
INT 18
WIS 12
CHA 21 (25 with +4 item)

Sorcerer lvl8

Feats:
H Dragon heritage
1 Dragon Breath
3 Eschew materials
6 Force of personality
T Surge of Malevolence (Tainted)

Taint:
I have a Dead eye, and I'm Compulsive and Hysterical

What I'm meaning to get:
-->10 Master Transmogrifier levels

-->2 Warshaper levels

--> Debilitating Spell and/or Debilitating Strike

--> Another class that gets me at least Sorcerer 17 for the 9th spell slot

-->A homebrewed feat or class which lets me use the Master Transmogrifier class for Shapechange, since we plan to reach epic.

We're using Player's Handbook I and II, Complete Warrior, Complete Arcane, Complete Divine, Complete Adventurer, Draconomicon freely

and Monster Manual, Spell Compendium, Heroes of Horror(Taint rules from here) and Unearthed Arcana with the DM's discretion.

That's about it. Any help is welcome :smallsmile:

Flickerdart
2011-07-03, 07:52 PM
You have two +4 items at 8th level? Nice.

Since you're going into Epic, the usual concern of not getting 9th level spells is moot. If you don't have a dedicated melee combatant, then this is a fairly good way to go about filling that role slice. Just make sure you have a way to cast spells without hands or a mouth.

Dumbledore lives
2011-07-03, 07:54 PM
Well since you already have taint Tainted Scholar from heroes of horror seems like it would be the way to go, but if you do you'll have to be very careful not to send the game crashing into the ground, as that class rinks of a finely aged gouda. You only really need one level but there are some decent class levels so its up to you whether you want more polymorphing or more taint features.

Ronan
2011-07-03, 09:25 PM
Yeah, that's another thing. I plan on getting to sorcerer level17+ for the Shapeshift spell. Beyond that, I really don't know if it's better to gain better creatures to shape into, combine more than two (IF such feat exists). or if it's better to invest in the spells.

Other than that, how can I increase the sorcerer's weak hp? Seems I'll die being struck with a chair by any commoner :smallbiggrin:

Flickerdart
2011-07-03, 09:36 PM
Sorcerer gets 9th level spells at 18, not 17.

You could grab some Sorcerer variants like Battle Sorcerer (UA) for a bumped up hit die and BAB at the cost of some spell capability (and since you're focusing on some of 3.5's best spells, you can afford to make this trade).

Frankly, straight Sorcerer is more powerful, but you're a full caster, you can afford to take the hit if you find Master Transmogrifist suits you.

Doughnut Master
2011-07-04, 02:34 AM
I've been thinking about the shifty build. Instead of using dragonwrought straight off to qualify for loredrake (which I don't think works), what if you Polymorph Any Object-ed yourself into a dragon of the type you chose, but you made sure that the new form had a lower intelligence score? Would it then be permanent on account of it being as the same kingdom, lower intelligence, and related?

Then, in your new permanent form, take the Loredrake template.

Considerations:
1. You wouldn't be able to do this until very very late in the game.
2. If your form was dispelled or suppressed in an anti-magic field, you'd lose that capability. However, the former could be guarded against, and the latter puts you in a tight spot anyway.
3. You may suffer some brain damage after the savage beating your DM gives you.

But my question is: Is it possible?