PDA

View Full Version : Battle Fury and Reckless Rage question

big teej
2011-07-03, 10:52 PM
Battle Fury, as per the Berserk prestiege class in the Dieties and Demigods.

Reckless Rage, as per Races of Stone.

I am curious.

would the +2 str/con -2 AC of reckless rage also apply to Battle fury?? for a total of +8 str/con and -4 AC?

I seem to recall seeing....... somewhere. that all rage abilities are transparent for purposes of feats and whatnots.

I could be misremebering that though.

EDIT: I'm building around the idea that it would apply.
but I wanna make sure it's kosher.

also, in a related vein.

can/would Rage and Battle Fury Stack? or can you not enter both at the same time?

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-07-04, 12:37 AM
Unless Battle Fury is explicitly rage, then RAW, it is a no go. However, as Battle Fury is a rage like ability, then, well, hell, why not? It's probably RAI, and you might be able to argue that "rage ability" does not explicitly mean "Rage: the barbarian class feature," by RAW.

big teej
2011-07-04, 10:17 AM
Unless Battle Fury is explicitly rage, then RAW, it is a no go. However, as Battle Fury is a rage like ability, then, well, hell, why not? It's probably RAI, and you might be able to argue that "rage ability" does not explicitly mean "Rage: the barbarian class feature," by RAW.

okidoke, that makes sense.

thanks for the input.

Metahuman1
2011-07-04, 10:32 AM
Hmmm, interesting. Let us know how this pans out, you've drawn out my curiosity.

big teej
2011-07-04, 10:56 AM
Hmmm, interesting. Let us know how this pans out, you've drawn out my curiosity.

well, just because it flies/doesn't fly with this particular DM doesn't mean it will/won't with others.

but I will post the results up afterwards.

big teej
2011-07-10, 04:44 PM
for those of you who wanted to know my Dm's ruling.

he decided that "rage" feats will also apply to "rage-like" abilities.