PDA

View Full Version : Feats for a Thrallherd / FoP

Kefkafreak
2011-07-04, 03:56 AM
I've had this character in my mind for a long time, but I really don't know what to do with it. I've never played a psionic character before.

Basically, what I want is a character who is a control freak taken to the extreme.

The thing I'm having the most trouble with are feats. I have absolutely no idea what feats would benefit this character, mainly because I don't know what the character will do in battle when he's not possessing / dominating stuff. Please help.

Note: I'm not going to abuse the Thrallherd's "Leadership" feature, I don't want to break the game, so don't suggest anything related to that.

This is the build:

(I know Ardent is probably better, but I prefer the SAD that a Wilder entry gives and I don't really like the high level powers anyway).

Race: Illumian (Born in an evil-aligned plane so that it has the Evil subtype, don't worry about this being legal)

Abilities:

Point Buy 32, haven't decided yet but lots of Charisma.

Levels:

1 Wilder 1 Otherworldly, Inquisitor (Flaw 1), Practiced Manifester (Flaw 2)
2 Wilder 2
3 Wilder 3 FEAT
4 Wilder 4
5 Wilder 5
6 Thrallherd 1 FEAT
7 FoP 1
8 FoP 2
9 FoP 3 FEAT
10 FoP 4
11 FoP 5
12 FoP 6 FEAT
13 Thrallherd 2
14 Thrallherd 3
15 Thrallherd 4 FEAT
16 Thrallherd 5
17 Thrallherd 6
18 Thrallherd 7 FEAT
19 Thrallherd 8
20 Thrallherd 9

Psyren
2011-07-04, 04:03 AM
"FoP?"

If you're worried about lack of powers, make your thrall be an Erudite. You can pull whatever you need out of his head, and Wild Surge it to boot.

Kefkafreak
2011-07-04, 04:07 AM
Fiend of Possession, sorry.

Edit: Also, I'll probably get the Educated Wilder / Mantled Wilder ACFs.

faceroll
2011-07-04, 04:56 AM
Overchannel is handy. There are some really neat tricks you can do with a psi-crystal. Expanded Knowledge gets you more powers known.

Kefkafreak
2011-07-04, 05:06 AM
Overchannel doesn't stack with Wild Surge.

Psicrystal affinity does sound nice. Expanded Knowledge will be a filler if I don't find any other interesting feats.

faceroll
2011-07-04, 06:18 AM
Does Overchannel stack with Wild Surge?

Psicrystal affinity does sound nice. Expanded Knowledge will be a filler if I don't find any other interesting feats.

No, it doesn't stack. D: