PDA

View Full Version : Happy birthday Ooh Ess Eh!

SDF
2011-07-04, 11:10 AM
A few hundred years ago a man named Thomas Jefferson plagiarized the works of an English philosopher to make a document declaring war on and independence from England. The others thought this was good and on July 4th, 1776 the United States of America was born. Since then we've gone through the Articles of Confederation (Where we totally invited Canada along for the ride. Check it out its like two pages long and hilarious.) Then we finally decided to put our 18 in Constitution (and Charisma you sexy America you!). We've done some cool things since then like go to the moon, and put a pickle on a hot dog. Every year we celebrate with grilled meat, beer, and explosives. In 1996 Bill Pullman starred in a film depicting the events of Independence Day as they would happen in modern America.

Anyone doing anything cool/Got their hands on some ordinance?

LaZodiac
2011-07-04, 11:11 AM
Not me, I'm Canadian. But yha, Happy Fourth of July. I'm..sorta proud to be your hat.

RabbitHoleLost
2011-07-04, 11:17 AM
Not me, I'm Canadian. But yha, Happy Fourth of July. I'm..sorta proud to be your hat.

You guys are great hats and as much as we pick on you, we lubs you <3

I...have a date with a hipster. Because nothing is more patriotic than eating self-serve frozen yogurt and discussing The Great Gatsby.

MoonCat
2011-07-04, 11:18 AM
Fools! This is the anniversary of the end of the Battle of Gettysburg! And John Adams deathday!

Siosilvar
2011-07-04, 11:19 AM
Got their hands on some ordinance?

Actually, that's a very good descriptor of some fireworks... my neighbors set off something labeled as an M80 yesterday. I think that needs no more clarification aside from "If I need hearing protection on a gun range, I needed hearing protection then."

Still, fun. :belkar:

EDIT:
Fools! This is the anniversary of the end of the Battle of Gettysburg! And John Adams deathday!

Vicksburg, actually. Gettysburg was yesterday.

Mina Kobold
2011-07-04, 11:38 AM
I got a 3DS today. But since I'm not anywhere near the Americas, I bet it was in honour of me being born on this day so many years ago.

You see, my country is still in denial about America ruling the world. :smalltongue:

Fan
2011-07-04, 11:49 AM
I got a 3DS today. But since I'm not anywhere near the Americas, I bet it was in honour of me being born on this day so many years ago.

You see, my country is still in denial about America ruling the world. :smalltongue:

We have Canada for a hat, and Mexico for pants.

Though currently we have some uh.. problems down south.

We promise that we don't actually know anything about how that started, or why.... she said she was clean man!:smalleek:

Joking aside, happy birthday indeed.

May everyone enjoy the celebratory fireworks, and the subsequent and probably required family time.

Remmirath
2011-07-04, 12:54 PM
Happy Fourth, all!

I'm going to go watch fireworks while my brother photographs them in the evening, but that's about it. If I get real bold I might try a few photographs myself (but I probably won't).

Most of the day I'm actually just going to be playing D&D, which - while assuredly fun - has nothing to do with the holiday. :smallbiggrin:

Raistlin1040
2011-07-04, 01:45 PM
Fools! This is the anniversary of the end of the Battle of Gettysburg! And John Adams deathday!And also Jefferson's, in a bit of irony.

CynicalAvocado
2011-07-04, 01:48 PM
why yes , i do have a large paper bag full of booms

relevant (http://satwcomic.com/parenting\)

Haruki-kun
2011-07-04, 01:57 PM
Well, uh... happy 4th of July to all you American people! And have fun doing whatever it is you normally do to celebrate. :smallsmile:

MoonCat
2011-07-04, 01:57 PM
And also Jefferson's, in a bit of irony.

Yeah, I knew another one dies, but I forgot who in particular, so I left it out. Now, which one's last words were that the other one was still alive?

Worlok
2011-07-04, 02:20 PM
Happy Independence Day, y'all. That's all I've got to say. :smallsmile:

Raistlin1040
2011-07-04, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I knew another one dies, but I forgot who in particular, so I left it out. Now, which one's last words were that the other one was still alive?Adams' last words were "Jefferson still lives". Jefferson had died earlier that morning.

MoonCat
2011-07-04, 02:23 PM
Adams' last words were "Jefferson still lives". Jefferson had died earlier that morning.

It was one of them about the other! Thanks!

Artemis97
2011-07-05, 06:37 AM
Happy (belated) Independence Day from our nation's capitol. I hope you all enjoyed your fireworks, parades, and BBQs.

Ranger Mattos
2011-07-05, 11:59 AM
Little late, but I hope everyone (at least all the Americans) had a happy patriotic explosions day!