PDA

View Full Version : When is the new comics going to be...?

Joe48
2011-07-04, 11:37 AM
Hey,

Newbie in the posting, but following from day one :)

Did I miss an announcement, or has there been no new comic for a looong time?

Thanks,

Joe

martianmister
2011-07-04, 11:44 AM
It could be anytime soon, or within several weeks. We don't really know.

Adeptus
2011-07-04, 11:45 AM
I hope the Giant is ok. :vaarsuvius:

Kish
2011-07-04, 11:48 AM
Check the current comic's discussion thread, near the end.

Gorm_the_DBA
2011-07-04, 11:49 AM
The first rule of "When is the comic coming out club" is never to ask when the comic is coming out...

Seriously...."when it's ready", or, perhaps "Soon", depending on who's catch phrase you want to steal.

NerfTW
2011-07-04, 12:04 PM
The Giant has a non terminal health issue that prevents him from working on the comic for stretches of time. We don't know what it is. There hasn't been a consistent schedule in 5 years. It can be months between comics due to various outside influences we don't know about.

He doesn't like any further inquiries on the subject, and we should respect his privacy. Especially since speculation results in ridiculous accusations being thrown about and then "remembered" as truth.

Basically, this is completely normal for the comic, and you get used to it.

Joe48
2011-07-04, 12:57 PM
Oh, I'm used to it, and know the "will-be-posted-when-ready" option.

This time, however, seemed like the longest I remember, so I guess I just wanted to confirm the Giant is OK :)

Thanks!

Joe

Hiro Protagonest
2011-07-04, 01:27 PM
-self deleted-

Mordokai
2011-07-04, 01:33 PM
-self deleted-

Dude, seriously. Don't do that. It's pretty much like pointing at retarded kid and laughting. It's not nice and certainly uncalled for. And what's more, it borders on vigilante moding.

You could at least phrase it in a nicer way.

The Pilgrim
2011-07-04, 01:41 PM
It will be when the Giant finishes it and loads it up. No sooner, no later.

I hope he gets well. :smallfrown:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-07-04, 01:48 PM
Dude, seriously. Don't do that. It's pretty much like pointing at retarded kid and laughting. It's not nice and certainly uncalled for. And what's more, it borders on vigilante moding.

You could at least phrase it in a nicer way.

Sorry. :smallfrown:

KillianHawkeye
2011-07-04, 02:13 PM
The first rule of "When is the comic coming out club" is never to ask when the comic is coming out...

Damn, you beat me to it! :smallsigh:

Barak
2011-07-04, 03:20 PM
Umm... before this gets locked, it's not "completely normal for this comic." Although there has been no set schedule for years, Rich has almost never gone more than a week or 10 days at max without posting a new comic. He has had several long breaks, nearly a month, I believe, but on each occasion, he had just finished a major arc and posted that there would be a significant break.

To date, it's been a month since #794. Far and away the longest unannounced break.

I, too, am worried.

Surfing HalfOrc
2011-07-04, 03:50 PM
A week plus is the new "normal." A month, not so much. But it hasn't been quite a month yet...

Have any of the mods called Rich?

super dark33
2011-07-04, 03:51 PM
Whatever hes doing, it must be REALY importent.