PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5 / Pathfinder] Fiendwarped Goblin

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-04, 04:14 PM
FIENDWARPED GOBLIN
Few creatures you have ever seen have inspired so much terror. The thing is a disturbingly bloated, hairy humanoid covered in weeping sores and barbed chains. It has wicked talons, several rows of sharp teeth, and eyes full of pain and spite.

Fiendwarped Goblin CR 7
CE Medium Abberition
Init +1; Senses Darkvision 60 fit, Scent, Perception +2
Aura All creatures that are not demons, abberitions or goblinoids within 10 feet regain only half hit points from healing effects. This effect does not stack with multiple spellwarped goblins.
--------------------
DEFENSE
AC 19 FF 18 Touch 9 (-2 size, +1 Dex , +10 natural)
HP: 62 (5d8+40)
Fort +12 Ref +5 Will +4
Damage Reduction: 2/-
Spell Resistance 15
--------------------
OFFENCE
Speed 30ft
Attack: Claw +13 1d6+13
Full Attack: Two Claws +13/+8 1d6+13
Space 15 ft. (3 squares) Reach 10 ft. (2 squares)
--------------------
STATISTICS
Str 32(+11), Dex 13(+1), Con 27(+8), Int 5(-3), Wis 11(+0), Cha 9(-1)
Base Atk +3; CMB +19; CMD 30
Feats: Power Attack (already applied to all attacks), Weapon Focus (Claw), Iron Will
Languages: Languages
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Darkvision(Su): 60ft
Scent(Su): A creature with the scent ability can detect opponents by sense of smell, generally within 30 feet. If the opponent is upwind, the range is 60 feet. If it is downwind, the range is 15 feet. Strong scents, such as smoke or rotting garbage, can be detected at twice the ranges noted above. Overpowering scents, such as skunk musk or troglodyte stench, can be detected at three times these ranges.
Spell Absorption(Su): Whenever a spell fails to penetrate a fiendwarped goblin's spell resistance, the creature gains one of the following benefits, chosen at the time that the spell resolves.
Rage: The fiendwarped goblin deals double damage with claw attacks but takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls for one minute.
Resistance: The fiendwarped goblin gains an extra DR 10/- for one minute.
Regeneration: The fiendwarped goblin gains fast healing 5 for one minute.

Fiendwarped goblins are pathetic abominations created in the depraved depths of the abyss. They start as goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears, but are warped into something unrecognizable through a sickly process involving chains, nails, vats of demon blood, and pieces of sharpened bone.

Most die during their transformation, but the ones that live are used as vile shock troops by more powerful fiends. They often serve as bodyguards, cannon fodder, or even subjects for awful experiments.

Fiendwarped goblins are "gifted" with incredible strength and endurance, along with the ability to dampen the effects of healing magic. They charge into battle with no regard for their own well-being, hoping to take out their misery and torment on weaker creatures.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-04, 11:26 PM
No feedback? I'm very sad. :smallfrown:

Lordof Dorkness
2011-07-05, 09:37 AM
I like it, it just might need a little bit of change, maybe lower SR but i am no expert.
also, the DR during rage seems excessive.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-05, 10:20 AM
also, the DR during rage seems excessive.

As I stated in the stat-block, it must choose to either hit harder (but less often), gain DR, or heal faster. Not all three at once.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-07-05, 03:07 PM
I just made a few adjustments. Most notably changing feats, lowering spell resistance, and making the claw attack less accurate but more painful.