PDA

View Full Version : What is the Difference? Moderator-Admin?

Lordof Dorkness
2011-07-04, 05:05 PM
What is the difference between a moderator and an admin?
i hope to be a moderator.
just a question.

Trixie
2011-07-04, 06:06 PM
...Admin has all options moderator has, and a lot more besides? :smallconfused:

Mystic Muse
2011-07-04, 06:42 PM
I hope to be a moderator.

Why?

Being a moderator/Admin isn't a fun job. It's boring, it's tedious, and trying to keep order is a pain in the butt.

By the way mods/Admins, thank you for all the effort you put into this.

Jimorian
2011-07-04, 07:12 PM
I don't really know.
I've just always been a rules person and have wanted to be authoritative.
This is my first possible chance to enforce rules to the defiant.
Maybe I'm just weird.

By your own words, you disqualify yourself for THIS forum at least. :smalltongue:

(It's unlikely that GITP will need replacements for the foreseeable future, and we're talking years at least. And seriously, what you're talking about is FAR from the style they want from moderators here.)

Lordof Dorkness
2011-07-04, 07:29 PM
Yeeeaaahhhh. I'm weird in that way.

Lordof Dorkness
2011-07-04, 07:31 PM
Probably wouldn't have time to do it if i was asked which, now that i think about it, woud be a longshot.

Lordof Dorkness
2011-07-04, 07:32 PM
Self Confidence

EFFECT: CRAWLS INTO BED AND DIES.

Lordof Dorkness
2011-07-04, 07:36 PM
By your own words, you disqualify yourself for THIS forum at least. :smalltongue:

(It's unlikely that GITP will need replacements for the foreseeable future, and we're talking years at least. And seriously, what you're talking about is FAR from the style they want from moderators here.)

I believe i misreported my reasons.

Rawhide
2011-07-04, 07:51 PM
A moderator moderates the forums, and an administrator has many more administrative duties. A moderator will generally stick to their specific areas, but have the ability to handle any moderation issue as need be.

Pro-tip. Don't post four times in a row, double-posting is frowned upon, you should re-read the forum rules (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1).