PDA

View Full Version : Got a 3.X Quick Question?: Ver. 1

Cerlis
2011-07-04, 06:48 PM
Plenty of us have in depth long discussion questions that require long talk and discussion.

However some of us just have a simple single question that needs some clarification or confirmation.

This thread is for those questions.

--------------------

My first question is something that i think is great and i dont think i'm wrong and just want to make sure i'm reading this right.

A Monks ability to add his wisdom bonus to his AC is part of his AC Bonus Ability. That Specifies that you lose this bonus if you are encumbered or wear armor or a shield.

Not the Skarn Racial replacement level specifically says the AC bonus (that granted by investing essentia in this ability) is not affected by wearing armor, shield or being encumbered. Meaning you can be armored and still keep it. What i was worried about is it seperately mentiones the wisdom bonus. But it says this feature replaces a Monk's meaning its a different ability. and since the wisdom bonus is a part of this ability, it should remain as well cus by being a part of this ability it is attached to the "not affected by armor" clause.

So i'm confirming. Yes or No, by Raw, Should a Skarn Monk be able to keep his Monk's AC bonus even when fully armored?

mootoall
2011-07-04, 06:56 PM
There's already a thread for this. It's ... on the first page.

Edit: Right here. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196174

Zeb The Troll
2011-07-04, 11:08 PM
Troll Patrol: As noted above, this thread is redundant. Please post simple questions in the Simple Q&A thread.