PDA

View Full Version : Clairvoyant

mucco
2011-07-05, 02:15 AM
Hi playground!

I'm abput to make a new Psion character who's going to specialize in Clairsentience. I want to make him very specialized though - a real clairvoyant, not "just a psion who happens to take a couple divination powers".

Of course, it needs to be effective in combat. And that's where I lose it, so that's why I'm here for help. No gishes please. :P

Any ideas? :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: right, LA +1, level 8 or so.

WinWin
2011-07-05, 02:39 AM
Detect Hostile Intent is your friend. Effectively immunity to surprise and it makes it easier to ambush creatures with a mind.

I supose Shadowmind from complete adventurer might be a decent prestige class. Requires multiclassing and will bestow a few Telepathy powers. Combine with Psionic Rogue or Psionic Assassin and you'll be able to get the jump on many encounters through a combination of prior knowledge and planning.

Honestly, mixing in a few telepathy powers will increase your contribution to the party. Not sure how this fits into your concept.

Cerlis
2011-07-05, 02:45 AM
sorry but i think you need to figure out how you want them to fight. because i'm pretty sure the most Clairestency has combat wise is one or two buffs. Without the whole "Seeing your opponents moves before they happen in a swordfight" there is any real in combat way of one -upping your opponent with future sight.

the main benefit of a Seer is being able to avoid trouble. learn about it before it happens. Learn facts about people places and events and thats about it.