PDA

View Full Version : What can you do from within a resilient sphere?

supermonkeyjoe
2011-07-05, 04:19 AM
I love the Resilient sphere spell, useful for taking someone out of a battle or protecting yourself from nasty things for a while.

My question is, are there any ways of affecting things within the sphere from the outside, or vice versa?

Any feats spells or tricks that let the point of origination of a spell be somewhere else? I like the idea of a wizard that just puts up an indestructible shield when things go bad but it would be nice (and indeed overpowered) if it didn't completely take the wizard out of the fight.

faceroll
2011-07-05, 04:33 AM
Burrowing Power, if you've got psionics, lets you manifest through obstacles.

NNescio
2011-07-05, 04:34 AM
I love the Resilient sphere spell, useful for taking someone out of a battle or protecting yourself from nasty things for a while.

My question is, are there any ways of affecting things within the sphere from the outside, or vice versa?

Any feats spells or tricks that let the point of origination of a spell be somewhere else? I like the idea of a wizard that just puts up an indestructible shield when things go bad but it would be nice (and indeed overpowered) if it didn't completely take the wizard out of the fight.

Teleports bypass ORS, and while RAW is not explicit, it probably doesn't block LoS either, so gaze effects will still go through.