PDA

View Full Version : Double Posting?-or not?

Lordof Dorkness
2011-07-05, 09:12 AM
A situation came to mind.

If in a Game thread, the DM posts several times to describe the scene or act a dialogue between npcs, could he be warned for double posting?

if so, it could be solved by just putting all info in one post.

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-05, 09:17 AM

If in a Game thread, the DM posts several times to describe the scene or act a dialogue between npcs, could he be warned for double posting?

Could the DM not just put them all in a single post? Maybe use coloured text to differentiate npcs if necessary?

Lordof Dorkness
2011-07-05, 09:19 AM
Colored text is a great thought.
unfortunately, i have no idea how to color text. i tried HTML text coloring but it didn't work.

Dogmantra
2011-07-05, 09:21 AM
Use text here

Lordof Dorkness
2011-07-05, 09:22 AM
Thank you!

Kobold-Bard
2011-07-05, 09:23 AM
unfortunately, i have no idea how to color text. i tried HTML text coloring but it didn't work.

There's a drop-down menu of colours in the options above the post-box. An "A" with a coloured line under it.

Zherog
2011-07-05, 09:43 AM

if so, it could be solved by just putting all info in one post.

Disclaimer: I am not a mod, nor do I play one on television.

Technically, yes. A DM could get warned for double posting. However... it has been stated in the past that the mods don't actually go around and read everything on the forum - it's far too large for that. So they're only likely to come across the issue if you or somebody in your game actually reports it.

Of course, that said, colored text is a perfectly fine solution.

Trixie
2011-07-05, 11:59 AM

...select text with your mouse...
...click on button with underlined 'A'...
...pick a color...
...profit... :P

NerfTW
2011-07-05, 12:09 PM
At the very bottom of every forum page is a box in the left corner that says "posting rules". Click on the "VBcode is on" link to get a list of code.

Alternatively, Google search VB code or vBulletin.