PDA

View Full Version : [Anima Beyond Fantasy] Help me build a Dragon Slayer (from Fary Tail)

Dusk Eclipse
2011-07-05, 09:24 PM
Ok, because my other party members have build monstrous characters and my GM desire to give us a real challenge my warlock is on the verge of death, and I am fairly confident I will not survive next combat round.

So I want to make a back-up character so I don't spend the next session making a new one.

The concept I have in mind is based on the Dragon Slayers from the fairy tail Anime, which supposedly are mages (as in a user of magic) which morphs their body part into the body parts of a Dragon in order to fight other Dragons or other mages; but in reality they usually use their element to supplement their melee prowess (here is an example of a battle between two Dragon Slayers it might contain slight spoilers of Fairy Tail (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVIfIb-cpmU)), and I want to make one, specifically an Ice Dragon Slayer.

I think I could make a Technician with a lot of ki techniques that use a lot Elemental attack; but for some reason I have a nagging suspicion that my concept would function better as a magic user, perhaps another Warlock focused on offensive spells (I don't have much experience with Anima magic system)

TL;DR How can I build a melee character who uses Ice magic in conjunction with melee techniques. Oh and before I forget this character would enter the game at level 7.

SlyGuyMcFly
2011-07-06, 09:43 AM
Technician is the obvious method, and would work very well. Ki was designed to model this sort of thing, after all.

After that, though? Psionics could be worth considering. Cryokinesis + the physical boost discipline + a bunch of martial arts should make a pretty convincing Dragon Slayer.

I'm afraid I can't help you re:warlock, though. I'm not familiar enough with Magic to know how an ice-themed gish would work out or how to build one.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-07-06, 03:01 PM
I am not too keen on psionics as IIRC if you blow your dice roll bad things can happen and my die love to roll low on critical moments, still I will see if psionics work.

Thanks.