PDA

View Full Version : Plz Help me with Planar Shephered!!!

Kornilios
2011-07-06, 10:10 AM
I want to make a druid/planar shephered(FoE) char,with the potential to wild shape into a Solar Angel.I was wondering if i would gain the feats and the 20lv cleric spellcasting ability of the solar angel.Plz help.
Can i use the wish spell without xp compoments?

sreservoir
2011-07-06, 10:38 AM
don't. just don't.

mootoall
2011-07-06, 10:51 AM
Seriously though, no. A careful reading of the class features will tell you. Though I'm pretty sure there was an unofficial errata, where all examples of "The Planar Shepherd can ..." were changed to "Please, if you value your fellows' sanity, don't ..."

Urpriest
2011-07-06, 10:54 AM
As far as I am aware you don't gain the feats. What part of the wildshape rules makes you think you do? If you quote the rule maybe I can see where you're coming from.

The spellcasting is more contentious. Suffice it to say that while some monsters in later books gain spellcasting as an Ex ability or the like, monster spellcasting in earlier books isn't labeled as such, so it's up to the DM to decide if it counts. I lean to the side that it doesn't, since all the Ex spellcasting mentioned earlier has specific names (Twisted Faith, Magical Blood, etc.), rather than just being labeled spellcasting.

Psyren
2011-07-06, 11:06 AM
What Ur-Priest said regarding spellcasting. There are specific monsters whose spellcasting is an (Ex) ability (e.g. the Lilitu) but that does not apply to the others by RAW.