PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Charisma-based Inquisitor: Broken?

Cazo
2011-07-06, 10:49 AM
Hello playgrounders,

I'm running an original campaign, and I have a race of elves which are fey-touched. Thing is, I'm using Guillermo-del Toro style faeries more than the usual D&D style. Basically, these particular elves get a bonus to charisma and a penalty to wisdom.

One player wants to be an elf inquisitor. To help him out, I ruled that elf inquisitors get to use their charisma everywhere it usually says wisdom (a ruling I'd already made for druids).

What are your thoughts about this, balance-wise? I figure that he'd get better social-skills, at the cost of good will saves, which seems fine. Flavor-wise, it makes inquisitors more like paladins, which again I'm okay with, since the elves have a good number of (mad) paladins.

CTrees
2011-07-06, 11:20 AM
Well, the elve's stats are +2Dex, -2Wis, +2Cha, I'm guessing? I really don't see how that, plus the Cha-quisitor would be overpowered. It'll be more SAD, so it'll be a little more powerful, but in my eyes? Not overwhelmingly so. Just be careful if he decides to pull diplomancer style shenannigans.

Also, I'd keep Monster Lore as being Wis-based. Doesn't make sense as a Cha ability. I've not looked through the ACFs, but just give 'em a sanity check, first.

Akal Saris
2011-07-06, 11:34 AM
Nah, should be fine. Inquisitor is already a weak class, so this probably just brings them up to a paladin's level, if even that.