PDA

View Full Version : Rage Spell and ACF?

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-07-06, 11:06 AM
I'm curious. Is there any contingency that would allow you to replace the effects of the rage spell with AFC rages (Whirling Frenzy, etc.)?
If not, would you need to make an entirely new spell, or how would you go about achieving it?

Thanks.

Jude_H
2011-07-06, 11:37 AM
I don't think there's any rule support, but it would be trivial to make another couple spells.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-07-06, 06:40 PM
I don't think there's any rule support, but it would be trivial to make another couple spells.

I wasn't sure if there had been a rule shown in some obscure source about it.

Could I simply ask my DM to permit it the use of the Rage spell in allowing ACF versions of Rage?

Xyk
2011-07-06, 06:41 PM
I wasn't sure if there had been a rule shown in some obscure source about it.

Could I simply ask my DM to permit it the use of the Rage spell in allowing ACF versions of Rage?

You can ask the DM to allow anything you want.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-07-06, 06:46 PM
You can ask the DM to allow anything you want.

I supose this is true, but is it more reasonable to ask that Rage allow for the use of any of the ACF of the Rage ability, or to ask to craft spells that perform this duty?

Psyren
2011-07-06, 08:31 PM
I supose this is true, but is it more reasonable to ask that Rage allow for the use of any of the ACF of the Rage ability, or to ask to craft spells that perform this duty?

You're in pure DM fiat territory with both options. I'm not sure what you want us to tell you.

Starbuck_II
2011-07-06, 08:32 PM
I'm curious. Is there any contingency that would allow you to replace the effects of the rage spell with AFC rages (Whirling Frenzy, etc.)?
If not, would you need to make an entirely new spell, or how would you go about achieving it?

Thanks.

You could always research a Whirling Frenzy version of the spell.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-07-06, 08:57 PM
You're in pure DM fiat territory with both options. I'm not sure what you want us to tell you.

Understood. I just wanted to know my options and see if it was a worthwhile or wise idea.

Jude_H
2011-07-06, 10:05 PM
I'd probably make different versions of the spell at the normal level, with a higher level option that provides slightly larger bonuses and a choice. As has been said, it's totally up to the group to make the call.