PDA

View Full Version : report followup notification?

Occasional Sage
2011-07-06, 04:00 PM
I've seen other forums where, when reporting a post, you have the option to receive an automated email when a mod follows up. Is there any chance of that appearing here?

Knowing a complaint has been looked at would certainly make some threads safer to return to; I tend to avoid interesting but problematic threads in order to not get sucked into trouble.

Roland St. Jude
2011-07-06, 04:24 PM
Probably not. I'll leave it to Rawhide to expound on the technical barriers and low priority of such a venture, if he wants to. From a moderation perspective, all reports are looked it. What happens with them is a private matter between the reported party and the forum staff. Public posts are made where they might be helpful to keep a thread going and on track.

Usually, for the purpose you state, subscribing to the thread and checking back for a mod post would work. I understand the desire to know that your report has been acted upon, but trust me it will be. If you feel something hasn't been addressed after a reasonable period, say a few days, feel free to re-report it.

There's really no way to know that a thread's been righted except to look at it and see if people are still posting violations. Even a mod post doesn't always prevent that.