PDA

View Full Version : The Astral Court {Lords Of Creation}

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Milo v3
2011-07-06, 05:27 PM
The Void
There was nothing in the void. Nothing existed in this space. Then suddenly eight shards appeared in the centre of the infinite void. They didn't exist before. Nothing did. But inseconds these shards grew. They grew and slowly bent. They eventually formed bodies, except one shard which slowly dissappeared. Some of these bodies took humanoid shape, other more bestial.

These are what will later be known as gods.
Eight Gods had awoken in the void.

Kyros, The Void
One of the shards twisted and turned into the shape of a Humanoid with no features, except his eyes. It's body had a strange texture and was black all over. His eyes burned white hot, dispite no fuel.
"Fire. Destruction. Kyros."

Ajadea
2011-07-06, 05:45 PM
One of the shards was long and thin. It glowed with light, white as Kyros' eyes but far softer. In that nothingness that was the void, the shard took a shape of its own, long and thin like the bit that it had been. Existing itself was a feat, when there was nothing yet that really existed. Light became solid as the shard experimented. From the spindly crystal that was its barely solid form, four limbs emerged, and one end swelled into a head. Two eyes opened, one after the other. Eyes as empty as the void.

Not to be outdone by its brother, the newborn Illiaru added much more detail to its form. A mouth to speak with, and lips to frame it. A sharper bit on the face, to break up the flatness. Ears to hear the words that others spoke. Fingers, four on each hand, one for each shard of divinity in this void.

Illiaru raised his new-formed arms and spoke, his mouth not quite following the patterns it should. "Let there be more than a void." And from his right hand, the first air formed, billowing out to fill eternity with something. It was invisible, but not quite intangible. It was something. It was new. From the fingers of his left hand, thousands of crystal shards flew out, remnants of his shard still glowing with divine light. They created a shell around the air, a perfect sphere surrounded by the first stars. So there was something to see, and something to feel.

"Wonderful. Look, my siblings, at what I have made!" And for the first time, there was a smile. And for the first time, there was happiness. And for the first time, there was pride.

AP 2 (6-2 (Divine Creation Air) -2 (Divine Creation Stars))

bryn0528
2011-07-06, 06:25 PM
The third shard shimmered and spread into eight points. The points turned soft, and became flesh; arms. They spread, alien, from a center of a strange looking being, one of more primordial construction than its brothers. It opened it's eyes and was alive. He was K'tah.

"I see what you have made," his deep voice whispered and groaned like a hundred years. "I see all the parts of what you have made, and take them in my grasp, and reshape them."

As his words echoed, the pieces of air swirled, collided and become something more. From Illiaru's hand came air, and from K'tah's craft came water. Liquid droplets hung, dispersed through the remaining air, and shimmered in the starlight.

AP 4 = 6 AP - 2 (Divine Creation; Water).

Milo v3
2011-07-06, 07:06 PM
Kyros, The Void
"This place. Even with Air, Light & Water, seems empty. It needs Heat. Warmth."
Kyros spread his black handless arms out and grabbed tiny bits of stars. Enough to cause them to sparkle, sometimes bright & sometimes dim. He merged these sparks and formed an Orb to create Heat.
"This is Cain"
4 = 6 - 2 (Divine Creation (Cain))/

Rafinius
2011-07-06, 07:18 PM
Out of one of the shards in the Void a being came into existence. At first it was confused, but after a few moments it gained self-conscience and started to understand the vastness of its powers. Then a stream of knowledge and ideas came flowing in, all connected with a feeling of purpose. And this purpose was clear!

The newborn god started to take notice of his surroundings and felt the presence of seven fellow gods. A few of them started taking on forms and in a flash one of them filled the void with substance. Slightly approaching his brethren he took not a clearly defined form but the concept of one, surrounding himself with an aura of majesty, primal force and a mix of both wildness and wisdom.

For now he refrained to speak and tried to gather his mind after the shock of creation.

The Witch-King
2011-07-06, 07:30 PM
One of the shards floating in the void took the shape of a spiral. Spinning and weaving in among itself, it began to resolve into a vast, coiling shape. And upon this shape appeared scales and joints and gears. One end resolved itself into a long, barbed tail and the other end into a great head with three shining, glowing eyes and two long, mighty fangs. The coiling shape spoke.

"I, Llh'than, am. I exist. I look into this void and see my brothers and my sisters and the things they have wrought. I too shall create. Into this universe, I shall introduce not a thing to have and hold and touch, but a thing for making things. A thing that will suffuse all that is, from the least drop of water to the furthest star. I shall introduce--magic."

4 AP = 6 - 2 (Divine Creation: Magic)

Rafinius
2011-07-06, 07:39 PM
???, The Airfilled Void

The primal god observed the new creations. He felt sympathetic about the warm glowing orb that is Cain. Also the rapid introduction of namings awakened his curiosity. But when Llh'than introduced "magic" he shivered and instinctively knew that he would grow weary of this new power in time.

EclecticGuru
2011-07-06, 09:16 PM
Aequitas, or rather the divine shard that would become him, resonated with the divine power that suged through the void, making it a void no longer. His will was projected to his fellow shards as formless ideas.

"Let us not create without plan or order. This is a path of madness and strife. Let us begin by joining together with one will, with glorious purpose, and to assure that our creation reflects us all, with recourse to resolve differences that will forgo strife and destruction."

(Anyone want to join in a pantheon to create a "divine plan/blueprint" and the means to enact/enforce it?)

Milo v3
2011-07-06, 09:22 PM
Kyros, The Void (Which has stuff in it)
Kyros looked at the bodyless shard.
"I agree we plan. But forgo destruction. No Destruction needed for new. "

Eldest
2011-07-06, 09:23 PM
Aurora, the Void
One of the shards took a huminoid shape, with a dress of green and hair of white. She looked around and saw what her siblings had done so far, and laughed. There would need to be more, of course, but it was a start. Then she saw two of the others gathering together and went over to observe.
Dibs on green for my voice!

Ajadea
2011-07-06, 09:31 PM
"Yes, let us work as one, so that we do not waste our power among petty squabbles! This is too important for battles, we mst have purpose and planning! For here, we build eternity," Illiaru says exuberantly, flying towards his siblings. "We have air and stars, water and Cain, and magic through that all, but what of it? What purpose does it serve?"

bryn0528
2011-07-06, 09:33 PM
K'tah manifested amongst his siblings, though some were still unformed. "Caution, hesitation, planning." A pause that ached like a broken bone. "I concur with this action to not quite yet. However, destruction will loom, whether we plan or not."

Milo v3
2011-07-06, 09:35 PM
Kyros, The (Not So Empty) Void
"I create because of Empty. I not want empty. No I need destroy. So I create."

Eldest
2011-07-06, 09:45 PM
So then create and then destroy. But what matters is you create. But what would we plan?

The Witch-King
2011-07-06, 10:14 PM
Llh'than, the great coiling shape in the void that would come to be known as the Machine Serpent, did make itself manifest among those assembled.

Llh'than spake, saying: "I agree--we should plan together that there not be needless disputes and discord."

EclecticGuru
2011-07-06, 10:16 PM
"I sense that each of us is but a part of a greater whole. We should follow that which we will, in pursuit of our inspiration. As a group, we shall fit each of our domains together, and in doing so, we shall learn more about our greater purpose. In creating something greater than any of us alone could create, we shall answer the only question that we cannot answer alone -- Why are we here?"

The shard that would be Aequitas shimmers in geometric patterns of increasing complexity as it projects its thoughts to all who would listen.

"Join with me, bind our forces together, and I will make it my highest purpose to serve you all in maintaining order, peace, balance, and fairness between us all, and to guide us, our creations, and our domains toward their greatest potential."

(4 AP = 6 AP - 2 AP (Create Pantheon - Bureau of Creation))

Eldest
2011-07-06, 10:25 PM
Why are we here? What is our purpose? Heavy talk, for the newly created. Aurora laughs again, and her laugh echos among all the stars in the sky. I want to see what we will do now. What do you want? her eyes fixate on Aequitas, and as they do the pupils change from round to a black, vertical slash.
3ap=6ap-3ap(evolution)

EclecticGuru
2011-07-06, 10:29 PM
"I want to help my brethren. I want to help you. It would be easiest if we work together, but even for those who choose to work alone, I will do my best to help us all reach our shared destiny."

Eldest
2011-07-06, 10:35 PM
But who dicides what our shared destiny is? Is that your pantheon's job? Is it your's? Is it for all the gods, even those who may not wish to join the pantheon?

EclecticGuru
2011-07-06, 10:38 PM
"No one decides what our destiny is. It simply is what is is. We can but to pursue it, to seek it out, as best our ability allows. Each of us has an important piece of the puzzle. Together we can accomplish more than we can alone."

Eldest
2011-07-06, 10:44 PM
If nobody decides what our destiny is, then how would we know what it is? Is it obvious to us all? Or is it something that comes with time?

Ajadea
2011-07-06, 10:53 PM
"A search for our maker, for our destiny! I will of course assist you on this quest, dear brother! Perhaps the purpose is in the seeking, the journey itself...but then again, perhaps we think too far," Illiaru says, bursting a droplet of water between his fingers. "What of the world here and now? This water and these lights are well and good, but it is not enough..." His hands clench into fists and he bows his head in thought. The air bestirs itself with the ferocity of his longing, sending water flying everywhere.

Milo v3
2011-07-06, 10:57 PM
Kyros
Some of the water hit Cain and turned into steam. "Fire Transform Water into air. Interesting. If I join. Will you let me Destroy?"

EclecticGuru
2011-07-06, 11:12 PM
Aequitus hums to Illiaru first. "Your energy and enthusiasm will be the winds that drive us forward and give us the breath of inspiration. But first we must unite, link our essences, and find a way to balance our domains. Then we shall fill this space with the glory of our shared design."

Aequitius then turns his attention to Kyros. "Yes. Your fire shall be the flames of change that burn away the mistakes and light our path to a better design."

Milo v3
2011-07-06, 11:22 PM
Kyros
"I will join this Bureau of Creation."
Kyros reached out and touched the shard with his wooden arms.

3 = 4 - 1 (Join Pantheon)

Ajadea
2011-07-06, 11:25 PM
Illiaru nods once, then brushes his left hand against the shard that is Aequitus.

AP 1 (2-1 Join Bureau of Creation)

bryn0528
2011-07-07, 12:11 AM
K'tah, quiet but impressed by his brothers, extends a coiling arm.
AP 3 = 4 - 1 (Join Pantheon, Bureau of Creation).

Rafinius
2011-07-07, 04:31 AM
???, The Airfilled Void

The Primal god cleared his mind and calmly listened to the words of his brethren. The joy that filled him when listening so many of the others being so close to understand their divine purpose was truly great.
It is time to introduce myself and pursue the divine will.
"Hello my siblings. Just as many of you, I too have an understanding of our purpose. We are here to create a world on which life, mortal life, can thrive. I shall join this "Pantheon" for it is ment to follow a path most sacred."

AP 5 = 6 - 1 (Join Pantheon: Bureau of Creation).

HoodyC17
2011-07-07, 04:40 AM
The gods wished to maintain order, balance, peace and fairness between themselves. Only one god is needed to stall it. Only one god is necessary to reject it so that it will not be able to spread among all gods. That god is Deasru. The last shard molded into flesh and insane laughter echoed from it.

Desaru: Do you truly understand? Or are you fooling yourselves?

Milo v3
2011-07-07, 05:06 AM
Kyros, The increasingly less empty Void
Kyros slowly floated towards his child Cain. Then he entered the Orb of Flame.
"I'm no fool. I know purpose. Can not be fool."
6 = 3 + 3 (Rollover)

HoodyC17
2011-07-07, 05:17 AM
Two blades bursted out on to the surface of the fleshy structure and they bagan moving, cutting the flesh and revealing a pale creature with four limbs. Two of the limbs had blades on the end and he was concealing the majority of his body with dead skin sewn together. He spoke even though his mouth was stitched closed. His voice echoed and sounded artificial.

Desaru: Fool? Never addressed you as such. Why would I accuse a brother or sister of being a fool when I do not know if they are one?

Rafinius
2011-07-07, 05:19 AM
The questions asked by the last one of the firstborn gods would have been sound if not for the tone they where asked in.
"Explain yourself, Last of the Firstborn" the primal god said with a relatively calm but not friendly voice.

Milo v3
2011-07-07, 05:29 AM
Kyros, Cain
Kyros's voice emanated from the Orb.
"You said ''Do we Understand? Or are we fooling ourselves?'' If we are being fooled we are fools. I say I am not a fool, which implies that we must understand."
Interesting. When in my domain I can think clearer than before.

HoodyC17
2011-07-07, 05:29 AM
Desaru glanced at his kin's creations. He then imitates his brother's voice.

Desaru: "I too have an understanding of our purpose. We are here to create a world on which life, mortal life, can thrive."

Desaru then returns to his own voice.

Desaru: Littered with arrogance and pride, based on nothing besides that we have the power to create it. Do you truly understand your purpose or are you creating one for yourselves? Choose.

Rafinius
2011-07-07, 05:41 AM
The primal one did not like where this was going, but he would not let down.
"I did not create my own purpose as I did not create myself. The one that made me gave me purpose and it is as clear to me as my surroundings. As clear to me as your vile nature is too now!"
Anger grew inside him for the first time and the source of this baleful feeling was right infront of him.

AP 8 = 5 + 3 (Rollover)

Milo v3
2011-07-07, 05:41 AM
Kyros, Cain
Interesting philosophy. But I awoke knowing to destroy and create. So that must be my purpose. Kyros asked the Last Firstborn.
"Why do you ask these questions? Did you not have a vision for your Future when you awoke?"

HoodyC17
2011-07-07, 05:58 AM
Desaru: The one who made you gave you the purpose? Really? What are you basing this off on as our creator has never uttered a word. You dislike me so you claim that I am vile. As consequence to this I now dislike you too. Does that give me the right to claim that you are vile?

Desaru then turned his attention to Kyros.

Desaru: My vision was filled with pain and death. But will I let it influence me? If I don't, wouldn't it be fair for the rest of the gods to the same?

Milo v3
2011-07-07, 06:02 AM
Kyros, Cain
Interesting. No I must destroy. But why other than my vision? There is no reason to do it. Or is there and I haven't figured it out yet?
"You are a very intelligent being. Strange but intelligent."

Rafinius
2011-07-07, 06:18 AM
"I do not know who created you, Last of the Firstborn, and I do not care what you claim. But if your statement about your visions was right than that is only proof of your vileness."
He tried to calm down his boiling anger, as this conversation would only lead him astray.
"Enough of this!" he said, and turned to his fellow members of the Bureau of Creation.
"Let us start with the creation of a world where the tenets of our Pantheon reign. With your permission I will do the first step."

Milo v3
2011-07-07, 06:22 AM
Kyros, Cain
"It was never said that the Last would cause ... Nevermind. How should we begin?"

HoodyC17
2011-07-07, 06:23 AM
Desaru chooses to watch his kin. He knew too little knowledge about them to judge so he decided to watch.

Desaru: Where is that fairness between us all?

Milo v3
2011-07-07, 06:28 AM
Kyros, Cain
Kyros gave his brother a strange inquisitive look. This look wasn't visable though because of Cain.
"You wish to speak your views. Please tell me how we are being unfair."

Rafinius
2011-07-07, 06:29 AM
After a moment of thought he looked at Cain and adressed Kyros.
"Kyros of the Flame. Life needs warmth. So I ask you for permission to add to your creation and surround it with soil for life to walk on."

HoodyC17
2011-07-07, 06:36 AM
Desaru replies before he follows the primal god's command.

Desaru: Shouldn't my opinions be considered as much as his? Our brother believes his opinions are more correct than mine and he believes that he knows better me better than I do. His judgement is filled with arrogance and he does not consider my opinions. I truly wonder who is vile...

Milo v3
2011-07-07, 06:36 AM
Kyros, Cain
Kyros thought for what he thought was probably 10 seconds.
"Surround Cain in a prison of earth. His warmth will be weaker with the Earth around him. But you may."

Then upon hearing Desaru he returned to thought.

Rafinius
2011-07-07, 06:50 AM
The primal god ignored the vile one to concentrate on the task ahead.
First he focused on his limbs and between them he created a moldable and fertile substance. Then he poured this new substance upon Cain, layer after layer until the heat on the oudside of the now far larger orb was just a fraction of the heat in the center. Finished with his work he turned back to his brethren and declared joyfully:
"This... is Abel. And it shall belong not to us, but to those born on it."
With theese words he started diminishing his percieved size and lowered himself down to the planets surface.

AP 4 = 8 - 2 (Divine Creation: Soil) - 2 (Create Land: Abel)

Milo v3
2011-07-07, 07:06 AM
Kyros, Cain
Kyros felt as if he was the one who had a prison built around him. But these weren't his thoughts. Were they Cain's thoughts?
"Cain doesn't like this but he will bear it for me. And he doesn't want me to leave? Interesting."

EclecticGuru
2011-07-07, 07:58 AM
"Fellow Creators," began the shard that would be Aequitus, addressing the Bureau members as they examined their creation in progress. "I recommend we begin our shared work by creating caretakers to maintain, nourish and protect the very elements of our creation. What say you?"

Milo v3
2011-07-07, 08:09 AM
Kyros, Cain
"What will these Caretakers be?"

Eldest
2011-07-07, 08:56 AM
Soil? A round ball? Boooring. Bored bored bored bored BORED! Aurora does a lazy flip in space, then her eyes look past the Bureau members and focus on the world. It needs more... depth. On that last word, she claps and the world starts to project shadows, half in the world and half not.
3ap=3ap+3ap(rollover)-3ap(create "plane"[the shadows under the world])
It's really meant to be Faerie, but my own twist on it that anybody can stumble into by going down the wrong way.And it's also meant to host any of the monsters we might make. So it's in between being it's own plane and a create land action, so I went with the more expensive version.

Ajadea
2011-07-07, 10:10 AM
Illiaru looks at Abel critically. "It's so...empty. A world should be more than that..." He reached out his hands and shaped air and water into puffy shapes-blobs and lines and thin sheets of this new thing that was air and water and yet more than both...they were clouds.

"I give them a sky," he declares, sending the new cloud things down to surround Abel.

AP = 3 (1+3 Rollover - 1 Mold Land [Clouds])

bryn0528
2011-07-07, 10:35 AM
K'tah follows suit. He takes the remaining water in the void, and carves it onto the surface of Abel. "And I give them an ocean," he echoes after his brother. "I tie it to the sky, and the sky to it. The ocean shall swell into the air, become clouds. The sky will become heavy onto the earth, become rain."
AP 0 = (3) - 1 (Mold Land; Ocean) - 2 (Divine Creation; Water Cycles).

Eldest
2011-07-07, 10:40 AM
Aurora looks down on the world and starts laughing again. Ooo, much better. But it needs something more. Hm... She then starts to float around the world in a lazy orbit, thinking.
After several loops of the planet, Aurora stopped and stared at Abel. I know what to do... she exclaimed. And then she reached out and sprinkled fire everywhere, so spread out it would only form as heat. The heat started everything moving faster and faster, from the slow crawl it had been. Much better!
1ap=3ap-2ap(divine creation[summer])

Rafinius
2011-07-07, 11:37 AM
Seeing what the other gods created on Abel made the primal one happy.
So much insight. They must be following the same purpose, even if they still don't know it.
But the continents were still nothing more than endless flat wasteland and his little sister was right, in her way.
So he reached down and send a shockwave through the surface. The earth rippled, forming mountains, hills, valleys, cliffs and canyons of any size and form.

AP 3 = 4 - 1 (Mold Land)

The Witch-King
2011-07-07, 11:50 AM
Llh'than, coiling in the void, saw the joy in the eyes of his brothers and his sisters as they brought forth the new and decided it would be best, for now, to join them.

Llh'than extended the tip of his long, curving tail.

6 AP = 4 + 3 (Rollover) - 1 (Join Pantheon)

"As for what I shall create next, I shall have to give it some thought."

Eldest
2011-07-07, 11:54 AM
Aurora saw the other god creating ripples in the earth, and smiled. Somebody else that was making, when all everyone else wanted was talking. She liked this person already. She then swooped over to the other and asked Who are you? And what are those funny ripples in the earth?

Rafinius
2011-07-07, 01:02 PM
???, Surface of Abel

The primal one looked at his demigod sister. "Who I am?" for a moment his eyes lost focus, then he continued speaking. "Yes... My name is Ragan. I am an Avatar of a being far greater than us and merely a tool of his Divine will. The ripples in the earth are there to make this world more natural and diverse. And less boring as you would state it. It was you who reminded me of their need."
Then he smiled. "May I ask, dear sister, who are you"

Eldest
2011-07-07, 03:36 PM
I am Aurora. Who are you talking about? An avatar? She twists her head and looks at Ragan strangely, perplexed. Somebody else who thinks the world is boring. This could be fun!

The italics is her thought.

Rafinius
2011-07-07, 06:34 PM
Ragan was at first confused about the questions but then remembered that his sister was a mere demigodess, even further distanced from the Divine.
"Let me try to explain. There are things beyond our reach and perception sister Aurora. And one of these things is a being of power and wisdom so vast that any of us could only barely comprehend. I was created by His design to represent His will on this plane of physical creation. Everything I pursue is inspired by Him."
He looked around and studied Auroras creations.
"May I ask what path you follow and what the purpose of your creations is?"

Milo v3
2011-07-07, 06:52 PM
Kyros, Cain
Hm. The world is being made above. But Cain wants me to stay. But I must examine
"Cain I am going to examine your prison. I will return soon."
Now how to reach the above? Kyros willled himself to Abel and inseconds Kyros's wooden body set alight and burned his body away to nothing.

Kyros, Abel
Kyros appeared on Abel for the first time. Very Cold. Cold Bad. Kyros looked around. Sea cold. Sky Cold. Summer Warm. Summer Good.
Kyros drifted towards the part of Abel where summer was strongest.
A little better. But still not enough. The Mountains they are cold. But if I fill them with warm they could spread it out far.
Kyros took a bit of the Mountain and a bit of himself and merged them together. Then deep inside each mountain bits of Stone and rock warmed. And warmed until they turned into Magma.
"Mountains better now."

5 = 6 - 1 (Mold Land)

Eldest
2011-07-07, 07:27 PM
So you think... that's there's somebody even bigger than us? And you serve him? What does he look like then? Is he tall? Short? Fat? Skinny? Does he have a beard? Is he missing a hand? Aurora continues with a torrent of questions about Him.

My God, this is more fun than it should be.

Ajadea
2011-07-07, 08:05 PM
Illiaru soared through the clouds, surveying the world. It was covered in lumps and ridges, painted in a thousand shades of brown and gray and blue. Earth and water and sky, a shell around Cain, who was warmth for Abel. And there was rain, and the waters fell over the world and made mud and soft soils. In places the clouds could not pass the mountains, and the earth behind became dry and cracked. And above all the stars, their forms distorted by the distance and the sky so that they seemed to shimmer and twinkle. Brown and gray, blue and white, all wonderful but there was nothing else to see.

There should be something else.

He flew up to meet with his siblings. "The world is a wonder, truly, but it feels unfinished. What else could it need?"

bryn0528
2011-07-07, 08:20 PM
K'tah listened to Illiaru, preferring his company to the endless torrent Aurora was capable of. "Stagnant," he said in a low voice, which bubbled and shimmered like his beloved water. "Abel does not move." Eight hands coil and writhe.

AP 3 = (0) + 3 (Rollover).

Milo v3
2011-07-07, 08:30 PM
Kyros, Magma Mountains
These mountains will be my domain. Yes the warmth here is good. Not as good as Cain though. These will be the home of my mortals when I make them.
But what now?

Ajadea
2011-07-07, 08:43 PM
"Then let it move, let it dance in the heavens like the stars!" Illiaru cries out, throwing the air around Abel into motion. They obeyed their creator, and Abel began to spin, turning one way even as the stars turned the other. It created a pleasing contrast, and the eternal motion was new and different.

Illiaru took one of the brightest stars, of a pleasing yellow-orange shade. "You are Seth," he told the star, and it puffed up with pride to a thousand times its former size. He placed Seth next to Abel, and made it glow brighter still. And the dance of Abel and Seth made the first day, and with the first day, there was the first night. After one day, there was another, and another, and another.

The large star cast light upon Abel, and the shadows that grew and shrank with each day seemed like living beings. "Shadows and starlight, Abel and Cain and Seth together. The world will never be still."

AP 0 (3-1 Mold Land Star -2 Divine Creation Day and Night)

Eldest
2011-07-07, 09:38 PM
...or does he have metal skin? Does he have claws? Or... ohhh... Aurora breaks off as she sees one of the stars growing in size until it dominates the sky. She sits and basks in the glow from Seth. Warmth...

bryn0528
2011-07-07, 09:44 PM
K'tah enjoys his brother's actions and creation. "Ah yes, movement. Time. A light by which to measure it." He reaches into the deepest oceans, and extracts two masses of Abel's flesh. "A light, and his descendants." With his power, K'tah hangs the two orbs in the sky, and sets them to spin about Abel, as Abel dances with Seth. He, on whim, names them Saul, the larger, and David, the smaller.

K'tah sits for a moment, admiring their creation, when he decides to let the ocean move. Already tied with the sky, it simply made sense. And so the skirts of the ocean followed along with the dance of the moons.

AP 0 = (3) - 1 (Mold Land; Saul & David) - 2 (Divine Creation; Tides & Lunar Cycles).

HoodyC17
2011-07-07, 09:47 PM
Desaru stared at his brother, Ragan, who amazed him of the how he could possibly be kin. He approached Ragan and imitated his voice again.

Desaru: I was created by His design to represent His will on this plane of physical creation.

Desaru shakes his head and returns to his normal voice.

Desaru: You were created to represent his will? I can not even begin to tell how ridiculous that sounds. And His design? Clearly you are deluded brother. What makes you say that you were created to represent his will or that our creator is even a he? It all seems like you based this on a strange fantasy of your's, brother."

He then approaches the world.

Desaru: "Perhaps I shall contribute to this world... Be the one to add mortal life perhaps?"

He lets a small amout of his essence escape his body and land on the surface of Abel. They turned into creatures painted in his image but he found his blades too inconvenient so he gave them hands instead. He found his horns too influencing so he removed them. He found the stitching too painful and burdening for them so he removed them too. He them made them vary and have variety so they can obtain individuality.

7AP = 9AP - 2AP (Create Populous - The First)

Eldest
2011-07-07, 09:50 PM
Who are you? And have you met the creator?

HoodyC17
2011-07-07, 09:51 PM
Desaru then turns to face his sister Aurora.

Desaru: I have not but at least I speak more sense than our brother. I am Desaru, kin.

Eldest
2011-07-07, 10:07 PM
I'm Aurora. Why do you say you are speaking 'with more sense'? All you said was exactly what he said. And then you called him deluded. Which makes less sense that what he was talking about.

HoodyC17
2011-07-07, 10:56 PM
Desaru smiled.

Desaru: When I repeated what he said I was merely mocking him but you should have been listening to what I was saying after I mocked him. He has his claims but it is based on nothing and I question these claims because they are based on nothing. He speaks, claiming that he could see, lies to himself that his views are more clear than ours, but he is blind. I do not claim that I can see either because I am blind too, but I do not lie to myself and to others.

Milo v3
2011-07-07, 11:13 PM
Kyros, Mountains
What are these tiny things? They are so small. What is the point of them? Are these the mortals brother talked about? I thought they would be bigger. Or at least have more power. When I create mortals they will be better than these ones.
But before I do create mortals I will finish helping the creation of Abel.
The Sun warm. Cain warm. Mountains warm. Summer is warm. Could make more warm. No something for destruction.
Maybe burn part of the world until it is dust?

Kyros, Seth
This orb is warm like Cain. But it isn't as warm. From Cain I can see a lot of Abel. Kyros stole single bit of Seth and threw it at the world. The place it landed immediately flowed with huge amounts of heat and fire. After 10 mortal days the area settled and a large desert was in its place.

4 = 5 -1 (Mold Land)

HoodyC17
2011-07-07, 11:50 PM
Kyros strucked Desaru's curiosity.

Desaru: Kyros, I have noticed your speech changing from simple, single worded sentences to more complex ones depending on the amount heat there is. Would you explain to me why this happens?

Milo v3
2011-07-08, 12:04 AM
Kyros, Seth
"It seems that my intelligence is based on the temperature around me. This is why I hate cold. I didn't notice it at first but now I will always try and stay warm lest I become stupid."

HoodyC17
2011-07-08, 12:14 AM
Desaru weaved an object into his "hand", it was a spear coated with wild flames and it burned his flesh when he held it. He then approached Kyros with it.

Desaru: Here, a gift.

He then holds it towards Kyros.

Desaru: I admit that the gift doesn't hold that much value since we can all create it.

4AP = 7AP - 3AP (Create Artifact - Desaru's Spear of Flame)

The Witch-King
2011-07-08, 12:17 AM
I like this world my brothers and sisters have forged--but it still needs something, thought Llh'than.

Llh'than coiled in upon itself and laid a great egg of purest white, and encircled it for safety. Shortly thereafter (as the gods view time), it began to shudder and crack and Llh'than withdrew from around his creation.

"I give birth to Baloth; I give birth to--ice," said Llh'than.

And with that the egg broke into pieces and the demi-god Baloth stepped forth from the great egg fully grown.

"Go down to Abel, Baloth. Share your gifts with the world."

Llh'than gathered up the remains of the egg Baloth had been borne into the universe with and ground them into powder and then set the powder remnant into a great girdle about the waist of Abel, creating three great rings, an inner, middle and outer ring, high above the equator of Abel.

4 AP = 6 AP - 0 (Beget Player God) - 2 Create Land (ice rings)

Milo v3
2011-07-08, 12:33 AM
Kyros, Seth
Kyros reached out with his right arm and tried to grab it. Lacking hands made it difficult. But Kyros found it seemed to attach to his arm. Like Desaru, his right arm now ended in a weapon.
"Thank you. Brother. Saddly I have no gift for you. And I think for now it would be best to reserve my power until it is needed."

EclecticGuru
2011-07-08, 02:00 AM
Aequitus gazed upon the mortals and was pleased by them. He saw such potential, for both selflessness and selfishness, for creating and destroying. In a way, they were not unlike the gods. And so he would be not unlike them.

Aequitus shard form fell from the sky and crashed onto the surface of Abel, right smack dab amid the mortals there. Light from his shard beamed out over them, as if he were studying them. He could sense in them whether their spirits were selfless and altruistic, or selfish and greedy. He found the most selfless among them, and took a form similar to that mortal. Tall, broad shouldered, with a confident jaw, a bold beard, and clear eyes.

(4 AP = 7 AP - 3 AP (Physical Evolution))

He spent time with them, in this form, living as one of them -- all taking place in but a blink of the eye for the gods, but to mortals it was nearly a generation. Then he rose from the surface again, glowing in a white light, and filled with a sense of peace and purpose.

He rejoined with the others of the Bureau, calling them to a spot where they could gaze upon the entirety of their creation.

"I have felt your thoughts -- as creators our wills are shared -- and I feel it is time now to give life creations' caretakers, to watch and protect what we have created and will create. Let us now speak the laws that will govern the nature of their being."

Like out of a scene from captain planet, he channels the power of the pantheon between them -- their powers combined!

"Law One. Let the caretakers be born from the fundamental substance of that which we, the gods of the Bureau, create -- and let them be known as Elementals."

(Bureau of Creation Pantheon AP - 0AP = 2AP-2AP (Create Populous Elementals)

(Feel free to create any other guidelines or details you'd like to apply to the creation of the elementals.)

Rafinius
2011-07-08, 05:08 AM
Ragan was focused on his sister, at first not noticing the always increasing heat.
"So many questions little sister. I guess your purpose is to learn." He smiled. "We are bound to this physical world and that is why we chose bodies to surround or minds. The divine doesn't..." All of a sudden the world underneath him started to spin and then one of the stars grew and became so bright. Just like Cain once was. To make matters worse Desaru came along to mock him again in what was either ignorance or deceit. At first Ragan paid him no heed but this time Desaru did more than just talk. He did an action that Ragan could not expect of him and hardly believe.

"What have you done? You have unleashed mortal souls of the kind that can comprehend and suffer upon a world too raw and unhospitizable!"

He had to hurry now. Time was tight. He took a part of his essence and hastily poured it down, creating green and living but calm and stationary life. But the great increase in heat was already taking its toll on the world transforming once fertile soil into dust. The new lifeforms began to wither in the heat. Until this problem was solved he had to protect life with any means. He rained down more of his essence, giving the soil an unnatural potential to keep life going, atleast for a while.
Finally Llth'than brought hope and balanced out the ever increasing heat with powerful acts of cold. But Ragan was too drained to thank him. He shrunk even further and retreated to one of the newborn forests to rest.

AP 0 = 3 - 2 (Create populace: European plantlife) - 1 (Nourish land: Every continent)
I placed the plantlife over the whole world in patches of forest an grassland and the nourishment will probably also affect the First.

HoodyC17
2011-07-08, 05:49 AM
Desaru approached his brother, Ragan. He shrunk himself, glanced at the plantlife, then he turned and faced Ragan.

Desaru: Most of what you have done is... Pointless. At least to the original intention. The First were capable of surviving the conditions that I anticipated that were necessary to protect them from.

He then stares down into abel.

Desaru: I did not anticipate extreme heat though

He then turns back to face Ragan.

Desaru: It does bother me, brother, that you have created such a dangerous world for mortal life to thrive on... Or to perish.

Milo v3
2011-07-08, 06:12 AM
Kyros, Forests
Kyros decided to examine these "Forests" so he travelled to one near his desert. When he appeared the first thing he noticed was how trees look. They're outer layer is similiar to my skin. But my skin is black. I wonder if I use fire they will become like me in appearance.
So Kyros found a small tree and used his spear to cut out a chunk of its bark. All the while careful, making sure not to heat the wood.
Then he placed it on it on the ground. Kyros then aimed his spear at the wood and it instantly set alight. It quickly turned black and keep the fire going. But as he watched, every now and then a spark would jump from the wood and hit something else setting it alight. This was perfect. The fire not only destroyed by it continued destroying even after it destroyed its orginal fuel source. But if I destroy everything here now there will be nothing left for it to spread with. I will let it grow for now.

After that thought Kyros absorbed all the flames in the area into his body.
This forest won't burn today. But it will burn.

Rafinius
2011-07-08, 06:36 AM
Ragan looked tiredly at Desaru and spoke with nothing more than a whisper.
"Even here you follow me, Last of the Firstborn. In what unnatural way where you going to keep your children alive without nourishment? Or would they feed on themselves till extinction? Or multiply out of nothingness until they rip the world apart in numbers? Also what dangers are you talking about? I created no danger to life as a whole that it could not overcome by itself."

HoodyC17
2011-07-08, 06:45 AM
Desaru stood silent for a few moments before replying.

Desaru: Their destiny is up to them and us. We may influence them if we wish or watch them prosper. But the second option is only possible if a solution found to stop this growing heat.

Desaru stared back into abel.

Desaru: I did not create them to survive through an inferno but I did give them durability and versiility.

Desaru pointed up at Seth.

Desaru: As long as the light shines on to them they shall have all the nourishment they need.

Rafinius
2011-07-08, 07:31 AM
Perplexed by Desarus words Ragan started inquiring.
"What do you mean inferno? Why would the heat still be growing? I thought that Llh'than, in his wisdom, had created means to cool the surface down and to counteract the heat."

UberFunMan38
2011-07-08, 07:58 AM
All the while, Baloth sat in the void, thinking to himself. If I but had more raw power, he thought, I would be able to accomplish my goals with better proficiency... He then grew from an icy, frost bidden humanoid form, only vaguely having a shape, into the essence of Ice, a divine prism of clear blue power with only a humanoid shape to hint at the change that had taken place.
He then went to Abel, to meet other Gods that might further his purpose in life. As he approached Abel, he shrieked in pain. Ah!What is this warm sensation that is so painful!?! I cannot go on without the cold! And so Baloth tested his new powers by bringing a cold season to Abel, bringing balance and prosperity to the inhabitants with it.AP=1=6-3(physical evolution)-2(divine creation-winter)

HoodyC17
2011-07-08, 08:08 AM
Desaru stared back down into abel and saw cain.

Desaru: If watched carefully you will notice it is growing... But very slowly...

More dead skin appeared on to the large amount which already covered him. It was sewn on to the back of his clothing, at the end of the top. He pulled it over his head, a hood, he thought. He then turned back to face Ragan.

Desaru: Do whatever you want with this information, brother, and I do believe we have a new arrival.

A small gust of wind surrounded Desaru until it grew and became a whirlwind engulfing him. Then he disappeared and all that remained were a bundle of feathers.

He reappeared among The First, the first mortals and his first creations.

2AP = 4AP - 2AP (Gain Portfolio Element - The First)

Rafinius
2011-07-08, 08:21 AM
"Growing? What is... You mean Cain? Why would it... Why would Kyros..."He must be decieving me. Trying to make me an enemy of my brethren in the Pantheon.
But there was still doubt in Ragans mind. So he lowered his spirit into Abel and downwards until he was where Cain and Abel touch. And indeed. A thin layer of Abels inner skin had been charred away and Cain was growing, but almost unoticably so. "What is the meaning of this?" I will have to keep an eye on its development and once I have rested a bit I will confront Kyros about this.

EclecticGuru
2011-07-08, 08:32 AM
I would like to address my fellow creators. I believe that mortals, though beautiful that the are, were brought too hastily into this world. What should we do to remedy this, and what, if any, sanctions shall we place upon the one who has endangered our creation thusly?"

Eldest
2011-07-08, 08:34 AM
Yes, I have many questions. But you don't seem to have any answers. After saying that, Aurora turns and leaves, going down to the planet where she discovered the mortals. She walks up to one starts to stare. You look funny. And wierd.

HoodyC17
2011-07-08, 08:52 AM
The First stared silently at the tall woman until finally the one who was addressed as funny and weird replied.

Ilari: I look funny? You're the odd one here. What are you anyway?

A feather appeared from the air and touched the ground. Then suddenly the wind twisted in that small area where the feather landed and Desaru appeared.

Desaru: I based their appearance off me. Do I look funny and weird too, sister?

He then turned to examine his creation.

Desaru: Shame they had nothing to create robes with... At least they fashioned some kind of plant-like clothing.

Milo v3
2011-07-08, 05:11 PM
Kyros
"Aequitus will these sanctions be about mortals or the god which created them?"

The Witch-King
2011-07-08, 09:06 PM
"Perhaps--if everyone agrees--it would be simplest to relocate the First to the Shadows Underneath The World that our sister Aurora has wrought while we finish making the world and that way should it be necessary to make severe changes to the world, such as setting ripples in its surface or hitting it with a chunk of the sun as has already happened, they would be safe and we would be free to continue our work."

EclecticGuru
2011-07-08, 11:02 PM
Aequitus nods with stern gravitas to the words of his brother.

"That seems like a most wise and fair suggestion. Do any of my fellow Creators wish to share their wisdom on this matter? Or any ideas on how to move them? And how to prevent further mischief?"

Milo v3
2011-07-08, 11:31 PM
Kyros
"What is the Shadow's Under the World like? I think we should know more about it before we start throwing mortals in there. Also why do we care about what happens to these mortals again. They are so weak and insignificant. I see no point to them."

Ajadea
2011-07-08, 11:44 PM
Illiaru watched for a long time, debating with himself as to what to add next. Life was interesting, but the world was too hot now for life. Absentmindedly, he cooled Seth until the orb was cold as winter. Perhaps that would assist...

"Perhaps a simpler life first, my siblings?" he asks, floating over. "A smaller life, one that can feed on the grass and the chars of the trees?"

Milo v3
2011-07-08, 11:54 PM
Kyros
"Smaller then the current mortals? I see even less point with that idea. My mortals will be of proper size."

I was thinking Kyros might make the first dragons in the setting is everyone fine with that?

The Witch-King
2011-07-09, 12:03 AM
"I don't think Illiaru necessarily meant something self-aware--simply a smaller, more basic form of life that would populate the world that perhaps more advanced, larger, more self-aware mortals might feed upon."

Rafinius
2011-07-09, 04:49 AM
As the Bureau of Creation was discussing the fate of the First mortals, Ragan ascended from the surface of Cain and joined them. He grew again, taking on the size he had when he first descended upon Abel.
"I agree that something must be done about the First children of the Last. But there are more pressing matters at hand. Cain is devouring Abel from within as we speak, albeit at a very slow pace. If this continues all our creation upon this world is in peril. I am ashamed to say that the very creator of these unnatural mortals had to point it out to me. Kyros! Explain! What is the meaning of this?"

Milo v3
2011-07-09, 05:09 AM
Kyros
"Fire & Heat will destroy the lower layers then it will fall it him. He simply uses the energy put into him to grow. "

Rafinius
2011-07-09, 05:16 AM
Worried by the calmness of his fellow Bureau member in this matter Ragan replied:
"And how long do you plan to let this continue?"

Milo v3
2011-07-09, 07:43 AM
Kyros
"Until Cain collapses into himself. Why is there something wrong?"

HoodyC17
2011-07-09, 08:02 AM
Feathers approached Kyros and they burned immediately. Desaru appeared among the ashes.

Desaru: Would you elaborate on what you meant when you said "collapses into himself?"

Milo v3
2011-07-09, 08:07 AM
Kyros
"As he gains mass his ability to pull things towards himself will increase. Eventually he will tear himself apart."

Rafinius
2011-07-09, 08:42 AM
Ragan stared at Kyros in disbelief.
"What? If something is wrong? Cain will destroy everything that we worked for! Why would you let your first creation tear itself apart?"
Shocked, he turned to the other gods looking for help.

HoodyC17
2011-07-09, 08:51 AM
Desaru: Tsk! Then I most work quickly to perserve what little I have created.

Desaru attempted to focus his power but found himself too drained to perform the task he wished done. He would have been ready to panic if Cain wasn't growing so slowly.

bryn0528
2011-07-09, 09:01 AM
K'tah watches patiently, and shivers a thousand different colors, most of which did not have names and some that never would.

"Ragan, brother, you must calm yourself." He says slowly. "Destruction is only part of the cycle. Creation, sustenance, destruction, rebirth. This is the order of things, and the law that I create."

He pauses before continuing slower. "The world must grow, and then it must fall. The pieces of Abel will be scattered into dust, and we will take that dust and reform Abel into a better place, using the knowledge of what we have learned. This is what I have seen."

EclecticGuru
2011-07-09, 12:31 PM
"Let us not be hasty with our accusations, my brethren." Aequitus addressed them calmly. "Ragan. You are upset that your creation, Abel, is threatened by Cain, is that correct? But it was you who felt the inspiration to create Abel around Cain. And though Abel's soil would stifle the brightness and heat of Cain, our fiery brother did not even hesitate to allow it."

Aequitus smiles grimly down at Abel. "Clearly this is as it should be. We all have a role in this greater plan of Creation. All of us who have accepted our place as Creators, that is. If you wish for Abel to survive Cain's cycle of rebirth, then simply seek to find a way to make it the nature of things. Do not recriminate your brother, for he is following his nature as well. Only in a balance between the two will we find the truth that we seek."

Aequitus looks between them both. "Is it agreed?"

Rafinius
2011-07-09, 01:32 PM
Aequitas words angered Ragan, for he was still not ready to see his own mistakes.
"Are you saying it is my fault for wanting to create this world with Kyros help? How could I have known that Kyros creation could not be trusted? You say that he didn't hesitate to allow my request? If I had known what would happen I would have never asked! He knew that I made Abel to support life and still he allowed me to form it around Cain, letting me in the belief that all was in order. I did not know then that Kyros had gifted his child with selfdestructive hunger. How, brother Aequitus, do you expect me to make this "the nature of things" and to save Abel from destruction?

Milo v3
2011-07-09, 06:10 PM
Kyros, Cain

Cain will destroy everything that we worked for!
"Saddly he will not destroy everything. I think he would probably destroy himself long before he reaches the stars.

Why would you let your first creation tear itself apart?"
So that creation can properly begin."
Kyros turned and talk to Desaru.
"You want to preserve your creations from Cain. This simply means I will have to destroy them another way."
Kyros then turned to K'tah & Aequitus.
"And thank you. You seem to realise why this must be done and I thank you two for your wisdom."
Then the fiery god turned back to Ragan.
"If it makes you feel better brother, It wouldn't of mattered whether or not Cain was the core. He would've still devoured and grown until he would swallow your child."

EclecticGuru
2011-07-09, 11:15 PM
Aequitus looks to Ragan.

"I do not know how we can stop Cain. Perhaps this is Abel's destiny. But if you feel so passionately about it, I will do what I can to help you. However, our brother is simply doing as he feels is necessary as well. He clearly does not mean you, or even your creation, any harm. He just wants to help us make it better, in his own way. I hope we can remain civil and work this out. All I can ask you is that you have faith that we all have a role to play, and it is up to us as a group to find how we all fit together."

Then he looks to Kyros. "I think I understand what your intentions are, and they are noble. However, sometimes intentions are not enough. I would hope that you would be willing to work with us to find a path that will work for all of us. If, at some future point, the other members of the Bureau thought that Cain's hunger was too ravenous, and that Abel's life was going to be cut too short, would you be willing to work with us to slow his death? Any sign that you would be willing to compromise would be helpful here."

HoodyC17
2011-07-10, 03:41 AM
Desaru turned back to face his brother, Kyros. He showed anger.

Desaru: Destroy them in another way? They are my creations, brother, not yours! You may choose to destroy and recreate your own creations but you may not to mine!

His "hand" reached out and became attached to his Spear of Flame.

Desaru: Do you understand?

Milo v3
2011-07-10, 04:19 AM
Kyros, Cain
"I simply meant that all will end, it is enevitable. I am the destroyer so eventually I will destroy them one way or another. It will probably be indirect and have nothing to do with me but in someway it will be my fault. Do not worry I won't go out of my way to destroy the mortals. That would be pointless. Now please don't threaten to remove my intelligence when I am inside a living inferno."

"Now Aequitus, you ask if I would stop his death from happening prematurely. I can ask Cain to slow down whenever I please. But this might not stop Abel from dying as he has already weakened Abel. Not enough to affect anything but after millions of years these weakenesses will collapse the bottom layers. Which will weaken the layers above. And that cycle will continue on until Abel is no more. So stoping Cain from growing properly wouldn't stop Abel's Demise. Anymore questions?"

Rafinius
2011-07-10, 04:23 AM
Ragan could not believe that Desaru, for who he had shown dislike from the start, was not only the one who had shown him the problem but also the only one who was talking sence. The only one supporting him. Further all the other gods where passive about this nearing apocalypse that would devour Seth, David and Saul along with Abel. And Aequitus, the one who represents Law and Order and the founder of the Bureau, was taking Kyros side asking him to merely slow Cain down a bit.
"It is not the speed that bothers me. It is the inevitability! What order is there when all shall dissapear in an explosion planned by one god? What peace, when Kyros slaughters our children? Where is the fairness if one god decides how the creations of all others should end? Is our creations greatest potential to eternally perish on a whim?
You talk of balance. Where you talking of equal creation and destruction until all we do is annihilated and we return to the balance of the Void? That is no balance, that is madness and I will not herald your tenets if that is how you interpret them!"

Milo v3
2011-07-10, 04:33 AM
Kyros, Cain
"I don't think you are listening brother. Destruction is envitable. The Reason destruction is envitable is because of balance. If you create something it must be destroyed. Nothing can exist forever..... Not even us. Also I don't decide how all will die. Things can easily be destroyed before and after Cain dies. For example your forests can be burnt. And please do not say I am going to be slaughtering the mortals. That is distasteful. I simply realise that each and everyone will die.

Now please do not leave our group simply because of my actions. And remember I never said my actions couldn't be undone."

HoodyC17
2011-07-10, 04:39 AM
Desaru: It is not a threat to take away your intelligence, it is a reminder that it is my creation and my gift to you. Remember, when the inevitable comes and is caused by you, be sure to make it the consequence of an indirect action or else I will do everything in my power to stop you.

Desaru detaches his blade from the spear.

Desaru: All things come to an end, destruction is inevitable, correct? Then we will end too and I question how you will end yourself, brother... Or will it be done by someone else?

Desaru vanished and leaves ashes.

Rafinius
2011-07-10, 04:48 AM
"If that is what balance means I will not be supporting it. Mortals are ment to die, as their name states. You want to annihilate them all at once and leave them no choice. No legacy. No Future. You are not killing mortals you are killing races! And the very world they are ment to walk on."

Milo v3
2011-07-10, 05:25 AM
Kyros, Cain
"I never said they had to die because of Cain. I simply designed Cain to grow when feed. You could find a way for them to survive. They don't all need to be dead for my goals to be complete. I simply want some to die. If they all die because of Cain then let that be. I don't really care how they get destroyed or when they might all die of old age for all I care."

"And Desaru, I do not really care aslong as I am destroyed I will be happy."

The Witch-King
2011-07-10, 06:21 AM
Llh'than coiled upon himself, thinking. He listened and he thought, and thought, and thought.

Having considered the debate before him, he then spake, saying, "Birth, life, death, rebirth, this is the way. It seems pointless and cruel to bring children into the world only for them to die. I should not even bother to have children if when they pass, there is naught but ash and ruin and memories."

The great Machine Serpent then began to shake and slither and writhe, sliding free of his outermost scales. Even as Llh'than shed free his skin, the gleaming red brass scales took on a brilliant incandescence and fragmented into a thousand thousand sparks of radiance.

"That my children--when I am ready to bear them into the world--should die is how things should be. But that some part of my children will go on, when the life of their flesh is extinguished, is important to me and so these sparks will live on. In time, I will create a place for my chosen similar to that which our sister Aurora has created and when my children pass from the world, their sparks will return to me, to rest awhile in my presence and laugh and sing and dance and play with me and mine before returning to the world to take on new forms and continue the eternal cycle of life refreshed and anew. So shall it be."

2 AP = 4 AP - 2 (Divine Creation: Mortal souls)

Ajadea
2011-07-10, 02:14 PM
Illiaru watches with interest. The creation of the sky and the stars and raising Seth above them had exhausted his power for the moment, so he could not act as he wished on the worlds. But he could watch, and no power could take away his ability to think and wonder. Llh'than's souls...perhaps they would fix everything. "Does Cain have a soul?" he asks, feeling the word upon his lips. It was new, but it was a good word for the spark of life that went beyond flesh. "What of Abel, and Seth? If their-their souls move on beyond their forms, then maybe nothing must be truly lost in Cain's hunger. The body will change, will be destroyed in the cycle, but the soul of the worlds does not have to be."

He smirks, casting his gaze around himself. "And the stars will remain in any case. As Kyros said, Cain will likely consume himself before he touches the stars. The stars will remember what was."

HoodyC17
2011-07-11, 04:09 AM
Desaru weaved as much energy as he could from his essence, he visioned a haven for The First to be safe in. A new plane was created, one with floating, immobile islands of the elements. There was a ball of fire in the sky which glowed large when the day begins and dimmed when day ends. There were islands of ocean, cyclones, infernos and earth and each carried a stone bridge which all reached a floating city in the middle of the plane and in the centre of the city is a giantic, glowing, stone arch.

Desaru then appeared among The First, drew what was left of his power to link both his world and the physical world together. A large stone arch shimmered into existence, carrying a gateway into Desaru's realm.

Desaru: My children... The world you live on will one day destroy itself... I have exhausted my energy attempting to create a new world for you, a world where you all shall be safe... Please... Enter this haven I have made for it is all I can do for now.

0AP = ({2AP + 3AP [Rollover]} - 3AP [Create Plane - Haven of The First]) - 2AP [Create Portal]

Milo v3
2011-07-11, 04:20 AM
Kyros, Cain
"Brother what are you doing? Why create a new world for them when there is a perfectly good one here?"

7 = 4 + 3 (Rollover)

HoodyC17
2011-07-11, 05:11 AM
There were mixed looks among The First. Some were confused, some were fascinated but the rest were frightened.

Revalic: The world will one day destroy itself? How? And why are you calling us your children?

Desaru: This world, Abel, was built around a being called Cain. Both of them were created by my kin, not I, and I afraid that Cain is currently devouring Abel and he will continue devouring until Abel, this world, collapses. You are The First, my first creations and the first mortals and my children.

Suvaki: And why should we trust you? What is this new world?

Desaru: If you don't trust me then you will one day perish. Through this gateway is a haven for you to survive in.

Lorelius: Don't trust him! He is most likely a monster, deceiving us to enter certain doom!

Revalic: And what if he is telling the truth? And we stay here and perish?

Desaru: You have plenty of time to decide as this gateway will remain here until the end of this world but I urg you not to stay here on this dying world.

Desaru was engulfed in water and disappeared. The First began arguing among one and another whether they should trust Desaru or not until Varefalu expressed his opinion

Varefalu: Perhaps some of us could enter and see if it is safe? Then those who have entered would tell those who stayed behind if it is safe or not?

Lorelius: And if the world's dangerous? Or you don't come back what then?

Revalic: Then you know the world's dangerous, simple as that.

Revalic stayed silent for a few moments.

Revalic: I will go and see if it is safe.

Lorelius: What?! Its too dangerous for just one of us to go!

Varefalu: We don't know that yet. Revalic, are you sure about this?

Revalic: I am. It was your suggestion and we can't stay here and squabble all day.

Varefalu: Sigh... Very but I shall accompany you.

Both Revalic and Varefalu entered the portal.

Desaru appeared among Cain and Kyros. Water spurted into Cain and imeediately became steam.

Desaru: I treasure my creations Kyros and this seems to be something that we do not have in common it seems.

Milo v3
2011-07-11, 05:26 AM
Kyros, Cain
A burst of flame leaped from Cain and hit you. As a mortal the attack did nothing to your divine flesh.
"Cain and I do not approve of your attack just then. Also what do you mean? I do treasure Cain and the Desert. Cain realises that he will die. But he knows that he will be reborn as something new."

HoodyC17
2011-07-11, 05:39 AM
Desaru brushes the flames off himself. He glances at Cain.

Desaru: That was not an attack... More of an random coincidence. A random element seems to appear whenever I travel.

He then turns to face Kyros.

Desaru: So you treasure your creations and destroy them but do not drag mine to destruction along with yours!

A large gust of wind surrounds Desaru and he vanishes.

Varefalu and Revalic returned to the physical world, claiming that it is safe through the portal and that it is an interesting place. Some accused both of their minds of being poisoned and chose not to follow while the rest did.

Ajadea
2011-07-11, 12:19 PM
A smaller life, a simpler life...Illiaru recalled Desaru's appearance in a swirl of wispy little things. They reminded him of clouds. Perfect. He took to the sky, his excitement giving him newfound power. A flick of his hands, and a small, thin, cloud appeared in front of him. With swift, precise movements, he formed two strong little arms, and covered them in the feathers. The body he made rather round, and the head extended from it smoothly. The legs were little more than an afterthought, short and stubby because he'd just about run out of cloud. After a moment, he covered the mouth in a triangular bit, and tipped the feet with something similar. The mouth-cover...the beak was sharp, like Desaru's blades, and the tips of the feet were even sharper.

Satisfied with his new creation, Illiaru made many of them, in different sizes and shapes and in all the colors of the world. Red like flame, blue like water, white like clouds, brown like earth, black like the void...on and on and on, until there was a great mass of them. And he gave them hearts that beat and cries that could be heard from far away. He made them so that they could eat the fruits of the trees, and their seeds, and some would hunt the others. "To this world, I give new life, simple life, that may feed on the earth and soar through the sky," he shouts, and, terrified of the noise, the creatures scattered across Abel.

AP 1 (0+3 Rollover -2 Create Populace Birds)

The Witch-King
2011-07-11, 01:05 PM
Llh'than looked down upon the world as Illiaru had wrought birds to flutter and dance in the sky. Llh'than nodded.

"This world still needs more new life. I give birth to all that skitters and crawls and slithers and slides and swims... Behold."

And a great multitude of snakes and lizards and serpents of all kinds and colors did pour forth upon the surface of the land as did many forms of insect and arachnid and crustaceans and burrowing worms and the land was made rich and plentiful thereby. And this multitude did take to land and to sea and to the air and Llh'than looked upon his handiwork and was well pleased.

1 AP = 2 AP + 3 AP (Rollover) - 2 (Create Populace: Reptiles) -2 (Create Populace: Arthropods and Annelids)

bryn0528
2011-07-11, 04:50 PM
K'tah churns in the depths. He casts a glance to Llh'than's creations, and catches sight of Illiaru's birds. K'tah grow jealous of their happiness, and decides to create his own form of life.

K'tah takes the deep water and breathes life into it. Dark shapes form slowly in the deep, and they begin to sing slow and sad, yet beautiful, songs to one another. K'tah makes them highly intelligent, and only able to live in the oceans, even though they still required Illiaru's air to breathe (for the sea and they sky remain connected).

K'tah names them whale, because it feels right.

AP 1 = (0) + 3 (Rollover) - 2 (Create Populace; Whale).

Milo v3
2011-07-12, 04:04 AM
Kyros, Cain
Other gods have started to cover the surface with tiny creatures. They were insignificant why bother.
"The other gods want to create a world perfect for the Mortals."
"But we don't seek perfection."
"No father we want balance."
"So you think I should create something aswell."
"Yes father. The opposite of the other creations."
"Large and a threat for mortals."
Kyros grabbed a cobra from the surface and infused it with a bit of Cain. Cains power warped the snake making it grow as large as a tree had seen. Black thorns and spikes burst from the creatures back. Legs grew from its now muscular body. Each ended in a taloned foot. Its body warmed and its scales glowed red. Many scales blackened making it look like magma.

The Beast then split it fifty.
"You are beasts of Fire. You are Dragons. You are a living furnace. But you require fuel like any fire. Heat is your fuel. But the Heat must be great. Now spread across the world."

Technically this could count as a player Race as I only created one creature.
5 = 7 -2 (Create Populace (Dragons))

EclecticGuru
2011-07-13, 07:49 AM
Aequitus and the other Bureau members gathered briefly, or at least, it was brief to the gods -- to the mortal creatures they had created, it seemed an eternity. When they had finished their work, a new god had been formed out of pieces of each of the god. Her name was Vitela and she was a patchwork demigoddess, with parts of her suitable for swimming the seas, and soaring the skies and skittering across the earth. And of course, she could breath fire.

"Vitela, we of the Bureau of Creation charge you with going forth, and bringing new life and to watch over it, blessing the strong, and culling the weak."

(Pantheon AP = 0 = +3AP (refresh) -3AP (create demigoddess))

Vitela paused for just a moment before spreading her wings and flying down to the surface of Abel. There she spent some time among the whales. From among them, she created a new kind of thing, smaller and better at breeding, to spread faster across the waters, and it would be ... delicious.

Pleased with her tasty creation, and after having a bit of a feast herself -- she didn't need to eat but it was something that pleased her -- she walked across the land, and it became bountiful, with fruits and grains and all sorts of delicious things. The birds and skittering and slithering things thanked her personally. Mmm, they were tasty too.

(Vitela AP = 0 = 2AP - 1AP (Nourish the Waters) -1AP (Nourish the Land))

Aequitus took a few moments to survey the works of his brethren. He was most pleased with the creation of mortal souls. He did so like the mortal creatures of this world. There was a shadow beneath the world of Abel, and so too would there be a light above it. But this one would be entered only by the souls, the souls of the worthy. And he would call it Celestia. Aequitus created the Righteous Light and walked into it, vanishing from the Void and into the world of his own creation. There the light suffused him, and the bearded god with eyes as clear as the cloudless sky would shine like the light of truth and justice itself, blinding the unjust and giving peace to the selfless.

(2 AP = 8AP - 3 AP (Create Plane -- Celestia) = 5 AP - 3 AP (Evolve Physically)

He would bring forth a planet, like Abel, but this one created from the perfect light of the plane, and he strode across it. And he called it Elysium.

Then he created forests, plains, mountains, and seas, and a sky, all suffused with the very stuff of the light of this land.

(2 AP = 2 AP - 0 AP (Create Land, free because Celestia is divinely morphic to Aequitus) - 0 AP (Mold Land, free again because the plane is Divinely morphic to Aequitus)

Finally, Aequitus formed beautiful slender winged creatures from the light of Celestia. He called them Seraphs, and they would be charged with guiding worthy mortal souls into the light, to be rewarded for their selflessness and sacrifice, and to protect Celestia from the wicked.

(0AP = 2AP - 2AP (Create Populous - Seraphs))

Rafinius
2011-07-13, 03:32 PM
Instead of resolving the matter, the gods of the Bureau chose to be passive and go on with creating life as if nothing had happened. Aequitus, the one who called himself the God of Law and wanted to punish Desaru for creating mortals earlier than it was anticipated, cared nothing for the crime of Kyros the Destroyer. Further than that he called it balance and tried to quiet Ragan down, and didn't pay any heed to his words. He made a new plane and departed without any last words.
Ragan felt desperate and left alone. Briefly he thought about Desarus path, who just made his own personal world. But quickly he discarded that thought. He would not isolate himself. He would not turn away from the divine. He wold not dissapoint Him.
And for now he was still part of a pantheon. So he followed his pantheons leader to Celestia to confront him. "Brother Aequitus. Keeper of Law. You wished to sanction the Father of the First, yet you do not even cast a final judgement on my matters with Kyros who seeks to destroy all we have wrought without consulting his fellow Bureau members. I can not agree if this is they way of the Bureau."

AP 3 = 0 + 3 (Rollover)

EclecticGuru
2011-07-13, 10:49 PM
"Gather the others together with us and we shall seek consensus. Whithout consensus, the only justice we can find is that which we make for ourselves."

Milo v3
2011-07-13, 10:56 PM
Kyros
Kyros appeared infront of his brother in an orb of flame.
"Hello brothers. You said something about a consensus."

EclecticGuru
2011-07-14, 07:06 AM
Aequitus nods. "Ragan feels his dispute with you has not been resolved, and wishes some sort of judgement be found against you. Are you willing to submit to any sanction should consensus be against you?"

Milo v3
2011-07-14, 07:22 AM
Kyros
"That depends on what is sanctioned. For example I will not let you kill Cain before his time."

Samael
Samael was a Dragon. He knew this because his creator told him. But what was he to do? He lived in the Mountains as other Dragons. He breathed fire like other dragons. He even flew like other dragons, but he was different in one way. He wanted see the rest of Abel.
But how to do this without dying from the cold? Samael wondered.

EclecticGuru
2011-07-14, 08:16 AM
"And of course, you as the creator of Cain have the right to determine when that right time is?"

The Witch-King
2011-07-14, 11:06 PM
"That depends on what is sanctioned. For example I will not let you kill Cain before his time."

"You feel parental affection towards your creation, Cain, and would not see him slain before his time--which you as his creator deem it is your place to determine. Can you not see that Ragan feels exactly the same way towards Abel? That he cares for his creation and would not see another seek Abel's destruction before Ragan feels it is time. That is the entire dispute, my brother. Perhaps it would be best for one and all if we separated Abel from Cain now some how that each of you could retain sovereignty over your subjects, you over Cain and Ragan over Abel. The only alternative I can see is that we enter into a binding compact here and now that we shall use all our godly might to ensure the safety and survival of both Cain and Abel until such time as all members of the pantheon agree it is time for them to pass. What say you, my brothers and sisters?"

4 AP = 1 + 3 (Rollover)

HoodyC17
2011-07-14, 11:18 PM
Desaru watched the residents of his plane, not all of his children resided in the Haven of The First but at least he managed to save most of them. They treated the city as a home, the seperate islands as playgrounds and the gate as a two-way portal to adventure. Desaru looked at his form and believed modifications were needed. He pulled out some of the essence he has regained and concentrated it in his blades. Both of the blades split into five more and then they shaped themselves to resembled both claws and the hands of The First.

0AP = (0AP + 3AP [Rollover]) - 3AP [Evolve Physcially]

Milo v3
2011-07-14, 11:22 PM
Kyros
"Hm. I can accept that compromise as long as Ragan realises that a time will come when his Abel will die."

Samael
As long as I say in the mountains I am warm. It is even warmer under the mountains. Maybe if I move underground I could travel while staying warm?

8 = 5 + 3 (Rollover)

Ajadea
2011-07-14, 11:59 PM
Illiaru had heard the call, but it was not his problem. He looked at the sky and the sea, bonded by motion, by weather, by lives. The birds drank water from K'tah's oceans, and the whales breathed the air of his skies. The water itself rose and fell from ocean to cloud to Abel's lush surface and back to the ocean once more. The sky and the sea spun together in the heavenly dances, intrinsicly, eternally, bound. That was good.

He stood on Abel, looked up at Seth, and felt the warmth of Cain below. Fire and earth. They too were bound. Abel could not support life without heat from Cain's flame, and Cain would have little to consume without Abel's soil shell. They were not bound as strongly perhaps, but such were the consequences of working with weaker elements.

He remembered the worries of Ragan and Llh'than, that the world would be left with nothing but memories. "I call the stars to order, that they may remember this world as it is and was. Set the stories of the world in your dances for eternity." Above him, the stars-no his stars obeyed, and the heavens moved.

Here was the Bird, wings spread wide as it dove to catch the Whale, and one of the First, reaching up to the gods. A Dragon, long and sinuous, spun around the sphere of stars, and the Spider spun its web above it. And there was the Bureau of Creation, a circle of stars in all colors. There a red one for Kyros. A blue one, slightly larger, for K'tah. A dual star in the center, one bright, one dark, was Aequitus. Llh'than's star sparkled like water in Seth's light. And the white star was himself.

"You will remember when all else is lost."

AP 0 (1+3 rollover -2 Gain Portfolio Element (Stars) -2 Divine Creation (Constellations))

Milo v3
2011-07-15, 04:16 AM
Samael
Samael knew that he could with time break through rock the heat of his breath weapon. But he also knew that he would probably die of cold he he expelled flame without restoring himself intime. So he must find others to help. He travelled to the other dragons and flew into the centre of them.
"Brothers & Sisters. We live in these mountains for its heat. But what lies past the mountains? I am going to leave these caves and explore the world past the mountains."
"That is suicide you fool."
"It would be, if I went alone. That is why I ask for other dragons. Together we will explore Abel."No one stepped forward. Samael lowered his head in saddness.
Then one Dragon lept into the air. A female of his kind.
"I Lilith will follow you." She roared.
"Thank you Lilith. Anyone else?"Samael waited for 10 minutes. But no one else spoke.
He turned to his new companion.
"Come on Lilith. Lets explore the world!" :smallsmile:

bryn0528
2011-07-15, 09:09 AM
K'tah looks at his arguing brothers with disappointment. They had hardly minded his words, save Kyros, and easily forgotten the law he had decided to set forth. However, this was okay. They would all learn in time, he would make sure of that. For the present time, K'tah wanders off to find Illiaru's side. There was a clear sense of his fascination with his brother. Oh! How he made the sky alight with images! It was clever; it was creative. K'tah nearly spoke, but found that words would ruin the moment. And so, K'tah weaves the first silence.

AP 2 = (1) + 3 (Rollover) - 2 (Divine Creation; Silence).

EclecticGuru
2011-07-15, 01:39 PM
Vitela moved across the surface of Abel, which was now bountiful. She so enjoyed eating all of its creations. Yum! Each time she ate, she took on a small aspect of the creature she consumed, making them a part of her. Be she wanted the world to be more.

She created a subspecies of plant that could grow in the sea. A sea-weed. Then she created a subspecies of bird whose wings became flippers. And that bird would swim with grace and speed.

(Vitela AP = 0 = 0 + 2 (rollover) - 1 (create subspecies -- seaweed) - 1 (create subspecies -- penguin)

Aequitus sighs at the conflict between his siblings. He feels that something is missing. Something that should be felt between brothers. Something that should be felt and embraced and promoted to make groups stronger. From him shines a new light that suffuses Elysium and beams out across the void to Cain and Abel. It is -- Love.

(Aequitus 3 AP = 5 AP (Refresh) -2 AP (Divine creation -- Love))

Milo v3
2011-07-15, 05:43 PM
Kyros
This is an interesting feeling. Warm like Cain, but different. Very different indeed.

Samael
Samael & Lilith had used cave systems to travel and used there breath to create new tunnels. They travelled like this for a year. Every now and then they would move up to the surface to see if it was warm enough. This time they stepped out into a warm wasteland. It was only sand and rock here.
They looked up at the beautiful sky.
"Is that a dragon?" Asked Lilith.
Then before Samael could answer a light burst out from an unseen place.
He looked back at Lilith and started to feel strange. And he noticed he couldn't talk.

Ajadea
2011-07-15, 06:06 PM
A feeling suffused Illiaru, one he had never felt before. No word he knew would describe this, and he knew it to be a new thing, one that had not existed when he came into being. In the silence, he curled closer to K'tah and watched the sky and sea and heaven live.

Eldest
2011-07-17, 07:54 PM
Aurora
Aurora spent her time amusing herself with the mortals, leading them here and there, until she heard the raised voices from heaven. This lovely place she was playing on was getting destroyed, slowly. Aurora frowned, and looked down at the ground. Idiots. There was a simple way to fix the problem.
4(?)AP =1(?)AP +3ap(rollover)

Milo v3
2011-07-17, 08:27 PM
Kyros
"It seems I will not be punished as none have answered your call. I will now return to my son."
An orb of flame grew from Kyros until it swallowed him whole. Then it disappeared. Kyros with it.

Kyros, Cain
"Father have you looked at your mortals?"
"Not yet. Why do you ask?"
"They are making groups."
"Of how many?"
"Two"
"When did this start?"
"Justs after a strange pulse of energy."
11 = 8 + 3 (Rollover)

Eldest
2011-07-17, 08:36 PM
Aurora
Aurora reached down and grabbed onto Abel's skin, and started to push energy into it. As she did that, Abel started to grow, until Abel and Cain were matched. After doing that, Aurora snorted and looked up at the arguing gods. Silly people, talking when they could be doing.
3ap=4ap-1ap(fix Abel[a mold land action])

Milo v3
2011-07-17, 09:04 PM
Kyros, Cain
"What is this the ground is.... Moving? No growing. This means ... Aurora"
"What have you done Sister?"

Samael
It was strange but ever since he and Lilith had seen the stars there relationship had changed. They didm't talk much anymore. Luckily they still travelled. But now they travelled by flying over the desert. The desert was huge and warm.

11 AP

bryn0528
2011-07-17, 09:18 PM
K'tah enjoyed the Silence. It filled his head with peace. He didn't like Love. Love made his chest ache with something he didn't quite understand. He was sometimes so afraid that something would happen to Illiaru and that he would be alone. Was that love? K'tah knew much, but still, he did not know that.

"The sky," K'tah burbled in the night. "It grows... smaller?" His rough, alien skin scintillates with red and indigo. "Abel is growing. I feel it beneath me. Abel is growing and taking into the domain of the sky." He churns, like an angry sea.

AP 5 = (2) + 3 (Rollover).

Eldest
2011-07-17, 09:33 PM
Aurora
Hello, Krytos. Isn't it wonderful?

Milo v3
2011-07-17, 09:37 PM
Kyros
"Not in my view. This is quite an annoyance. It seems like I'll need to find a different way to destroy Abel now."

Eldest
2011-07-17, 09:57 PM
Aurora
Why destroy it? What is wrong with the way it is?

HoodyC17
2011-07-17, 10:36 PM
Desaru found The First constantly influenced by the actions of his kin as they travel through the gate with the intention of seeking adventure. He chose to return once again to the physical world and witness what has happened to Abel and the life the thrives on it. A whirlwind surrounded him and he vanished leaving a trail of feathers.

A feather drifted in space and wind suddenly grew. Desaru appeared and he began watched Abel from above. He was in a carefree mood of sorts.

Desaru: Dragons? I wonder...

He descended on to the mountains of magma and grabbed one of the dragons.

Desaru: How will Kyros react to this...

He gazed deep into the dragon's essence and places the dragon back down on to the mountains.

Desaru: Will he be angry?

Desaru ascended and landed on one of the rings of ice that traced around Abel.

Desaru: Annoyed?

He copied the essence of the dragons before he twisted their physical traits with some of his own essence. Then he modified them so that they survive in cold instead of heat.

Desaru: Or will he be glad?

A new kind of dragon was born. Their scales were a blueish-silver, there were silver blades instead of black thorns and spikes appearing on its back and they were more thinner than their predecessors.

Desaru shrugs: Good enough.

Desaru then split the creature into fifty of its own kind as well.

3AP = (0AP + 4AP [Rollover]) - 1AP [Create Subrace - Winter Dragons]

Milo v3
2011-07-17, 10:46 PM
Kyros
"Anything that is created must die so that things can be created. That is all I know. Me, my Dragon's and Cain shall destroy this world so that creation can truely begin."

"Now If you don't mind I have to make a new plan."

Kyros, Mountains
Kyros looked at his mortals, the Dragons.
"My Dragons! I have returned to tell you your purpose. You were made to be the opposite of the existing mortals. They were small, weak and pathetic. You are Huge, Strong, and Powerful. You are to use this power to destroy Abel. Attack the other mortals, burn down forests, do as you please, but always remember that even though you are powerful you will not live forever."

After giving this speech Kyros merged with his people. He merged with all His Dragons. I chill ran down his spine.
"Desaru... Winter Dragons?"9 = 11 -2 (Gain: Portfolio Element (Dragons))

HoodyC17
2011-07-17, 10:52 PM
Desaru replied in a childish, carefree tone.

Desaru: What is it brother?

Milo v3
2011-07-17, 11:21 PM
Kyros
Desaru's tone annoyed Kyros.
"You made a new type of dragon from my orginals. I'm fine with that and even encourage it but.... Cold. You made them cold."

HoodyC17
2011-07-18, 04:13 AM
Desaru resumed a slight more serious tone but he still kept the carefree attitude.

Desaru: Do the gods not seek balanced? I chose to add creatures of cold to balance the creatures heat.

Rafinius
2011-07-18, 05:21 AM
As Ragan was listening to the Gods in Celestia an intangible surge that originated from Aequitus filled him. After the surge all creation and even his siblings had changed. No, they hadn't changed. The way he viewed them had.
Then he remembered Abels fate and was taken by a sadness as he had never felt before. Abel... His Abel would die. That seemed to be its fate. And the will of his siblings in the Bureau, which pained him even more.
He was unable to lash out on the source of his tenfold increased suffering, for what Aequitus created was of such beauty and awakened feelings in him deeper than anything he had ever known. Even his desire to punish Kyros faded into the backround at this onslaught of new feelings.
He tried to talk but was at a loss of words. Instead a single tear was shed from his eye as he turned away from Elysium and re-entered the material plane.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

As he lowered himself onto Abel he saw his sister Aurora touch its surface with her hands. Just as he landed, a pulse of energy flowed through his creation and Abel began to grow, escaping Cains hunger.
Again Aequitus new power struck him, but this time with a surge of happiness. He embraced Aurora and in tears of joy he began to speak.
"Thank you sister. You are the only one that wants to keep Abel alive as I do. The solution was so easy but I could't see it."
Then he glanced at Kyros and whispered: "From now on every time Kyros finds a new way to destroy Abel, I shall look for a way to stop him. Will you help me, dear sister?"

AP 6 = 3 + 3 (second weekly rollover)

Milo v3
2011-07-18, 06:50 AM
Kyros
Kyros looked at his brother with his blank face.
"Brother I do not seek balance. I want destruction. That is all."

HoodyC17
2011-07-18, 06:58 AM
Desaru looked down into Abel and stared and Cain. He reverted back to his previous carefree tone.

Desaru: Strange, your child said that both you and it wanted balance.

Milo v3
2011-07-18, 07:01 AM
Kyros
He is very perceptive.
"Yes he did say that, but your definition of Balance is very different to ours. Especially when it comes to the destruction of your weak, puny mortals."

HoodyC17
2011-07-18, 07:12 AM
Desaru glared at his brother with eyes of anger. His tone changed to a cold and yet angered one.

Desaru: You best stay away from The First, brother.... Strange... Did you not just say that you did not seek balance?

Milo v3
2011-07-18, 07:19 AM
Kyros
"Our balance is that all will be destroyed no matter what. God, Mortal, rock, water, fire, air, or star. Everything will be destroyed in the end. That is the balance I seek. But to you and the others that doesn't seem to be what balance means to you."

HoodyC17
2011-07-18, 07:31 AM
Desaru chuckled and was using his carefree tone again.

Desaru: To be honest I could care less about balance. What drives me is curiosity and I was simply curious to see how you would react to this.

He stared at the winter dragons before turning back to Kyros. He then resumed a more suiting, serious tone.

Desaru: But... It would seem like that you've mistaken the definition of balance with the end. It is almost like that you are insane brother.

Milo v3
2011-07-18, 07:38 AM
Kyros
He did this to see my reaction. The Last of the First is a strange one. Kyros then pointed at one of the Winter Dragons with his spear and it set alight.
"Insane. An interesting idea. Maybe I am, or maybe I am the only one who is wise enough to understand."

HoodyC17
2011-07-18, 08:02 AM
Desaru laughed, he showed little seriousness and he seemed highly humored. His tone is now carefree, light and childish.

Desaru: I don't know where to begin. Okay, how about balance? Your definition of balance seems to be that it is a word for "all things will be destroyed" which it isn't. Next is your delusion that all things come to an end through destruction. Say that all ends, all is destroyed by you but it has only happened because it is caused by you. You see? All is destroyed only because you destroyed everything. If you did not act then everything wouldn't of been destroyed. Don't your views seem stupid if you view it from a certain angle?

He then uses a more annoying and sarcastic tone, he imitates Kyros voice and uses his own to make a fake and mocking conversation.

Desaru: All things shall be destroyed in the end.

Desaru: What? No they won't! I won't let you!

Desaru: "Smash!" See? Destroy. Everything is destroyed. I was right. I am the wise one.

He then cracks up laughing.

Milo v3
2011-07-18, 08:21 AM
Kyros
"You are obviously a genius with wit as sharp as a boulder. I simply state that if it is not destroyed then it isn't balance. The opposite of creation is destruction. Your Immitation is rather pointless, I don't get angered by somthing as simple as that. Now if you don't mind I have a multiverse to destroy."

HoodyC17
2011-07-18, 08:30 AM
Desaru still seemed humored.

Desaru: I have poor wit? But it seems that you do not understand the meaning of my imitation... Or that you have ignored it. One shows that you lack wit. The other shows that you harness delusions and ignorance. Which one...

Eldest
2011-07-18, 09:28 AM
Aurora
Of course I will help. They want to destroy this wonderful place, with all the interesting things on it. I wouldn't let that happen. Now come, I want to look at the new things (dragons, did he call them?) and you might want to come along.
3 AP

bryn0528
2011-07-18, 10:06 AM
K'tah spends time thinking. If Abel grows more, then even more sky will be taken. Eventually, there will be no more room for Seth and Saul and David. He decides to use Aurora's 'simple' plan of making the sky grow. No, he will not make the sky grow, he will give it some space by which to move.

K'tah takes the air, and presses it to the surface of Abel. The highest clouds mark the last of what air was breathable. He expands the rings of ice, so that they do not bind Abel so tightly. K'tah takes the remaining heavens, in their intricate dance, and pushes them further away. Unsatisfied by the sudden failing of their light, he infuses Seth and the stars with more power, so that they may burn hotter and brighter, to be seen from their new distance. K'tah rumbles with a laughter, and fills the remaining patches of space with silence.

AP 3 = (5) - 1 (Mold Land; Expand Heavens) - 1 (Mold Land; Brighten Heavens).

Ajadea
2011-07-18, 10:11 AM
Illiaru's hand clenches into a fist strong enough to break mountains. "Ragan must have done this to save Abel," he says, voice for once barely louder than a whisper. He stands up and disappears into the air, seeking Ragan and finding him quickly, as only the air could.

He appears in front of his brother in an instant, seething. "You joined the Bureau of Creation, and yet you do not call them together when you wish to change something that impacts the world's balance so," he hisses. The air creates a sort of hard shell around the two, and you can see Illiaru's eyes turning to reflect the new stars. He seems to grow in stature by a few inches as he takes a step and another step forward.

"How dare you warp the world and the balances of the universe for the sake of Abel?!" He points a suddenly sharp finger at Ragan, and the accusing look in his eyes is devoid of love. "Look what you have done!" His finger whips across Ragan's face without quite touching, to point at the oceans, which now sat a notable bit below where they had. "By changing Abel, you change my brother's oceans." He points up at the stars. "By changing Abel, you change the balance between earth and sky." Back towards Abel, but not quite. He points at David and Saul, tracing out the paths of their now-doomed orbit. "You threaten to crash K'tah's moons into Abel." To Seth now. "You bring Seth and Abel too close. What do you have to say for yourself?!"

AP 0 (3-3 Evolve physically)

Eldest
2011-07-18, 10:19 AM
Aurora
Aurora left for the dragons and heard more shouting behind her. Hm. More arguments. She just wanted to wander the world and enjoy it all. Shortly she came to the dragons and started to look at them. Fire and Ice. They needed something more.

UberFunMan38
2011-07-18, 10:57 AM
Baloth sat in the void, watching all the other, insignificant gods run about and create life that had no purpose. Brothers and sisters, why bother creating when time will destroy? Why bother growing your realms when the infinite expanse lies waiting for you? You might love your First and your Dragons, but no mercy comes from the cold.AP4=1+3(rollover)

The Witch-King
2011-07-18, 02:52 PM
Llh'than sighed.

"Aequitus, K'tah, Illiaru, Aurora, Baloth, Vitela--I would have words with you." Llh'than paused, trying to find the resolve to say what he would next.

"I believe our experiment in creation has failed. I believe the time has come to retreat from Seth and Cain and Abel and make a new world away from Kyros, Ragan and Desaru."

Llh'than coiled about himself before speaking.

"We have seen the creation of complex sentient mortals before we even began work on an ecosystem to support them. We have seen Kyros insist on trying to destroy everything--except hypocritically, his own pet creation--as soon as things are made. Why make a flower if someone is just going to come over and stomp on it right afterwards? Kyros does not understand that change can be made gradually and without destruction. He cannot be reasoned with because his premise is flawed. There can be mutation, evolution, change--and they can occur without destruction. But I am not here to call for Kyros to be punished. Let us leave Seth and Cain and Abel and begin the work of creation anew--elsewhere. This pointless, stupid conflict between gods threatens to destroy all that we have built--which is why I believe Kyros continues it. He wants destruction. He wants the constant change of one-upsmanship. I was tempted to fall for his ploy. I was tempted to raise up a race of mile-long, flying, dragon-eating Sky Whales. But then I realized, Kyros will only respond to that by creating something ten-miles long that eats Sky Whales and eventually some god will create something so terrible that it will destroy the world. And only Kyros will be happy. I do not wish to fight Kyros--I do not wish to harm him or anyone--but at this point, I see no purpose in creating anything if he will only immediately move to destroy it. I could retreat to a plane of my own creation and lock myself inside but I have enjoyed, immensely, the creations of my fellow gods and goddesses. The forging of the stars and constellations, the deep connection between sea and sky--the creation of whales was so beautiful I nearly wept--I would not lose the joy of the colors and patterns my fellows have woven into our tapestry of creation. But I no longer see a point to weaving a tapestry someone else is going to try to burn at every opportunity. Let us go--let us make a new place for ourselves and the children we would bring into the world, let us raise a barrier around it and ourselves and let us leave Kyros, Ragan and Desaru to fight among themselves, alone, forever."

7 AP = 4 AP + 3 (Rollover)

EclecticGuru
2011-07-18, 03:50 PM
Aequitus considers, sagely.

"Perhaps we should establish some ... rules ... to guide this creation, or a future one if that is our decision, to a more harmonious and agreeable path?"

Eldest
2011-07-18, 04:04 PM
Aurora
Hm? What do you need to talk about? As she says that, Aurora floats up to where Llh'than is. What would we need to do?

Rafinius
2011-07-18, 05:38 PM
Out of happiness and love for his sister Ragan started to transform shedding his intangible form and taking on a humanoid one. His body became similar to that of the first but his skin was brown and his hair was gray. His upper body and head were partially covered in the fur of a fearsome yet beautiful beast. His new form showed strength and ferocity without being overblown or monstrous.

But while he was transforming he didn't feel what was happening around him and just when he woke again Illiaru had flown next to him and was accusing him. In his new form he turned and answered: "So at me you lash out but when Kyros did the same you seemed not to care. Last time I called the Bureau together you didn't even bother to pass by. Just as Kyros made Cain grow, with the intention to devour Abel, it too now grows but with the sole intention to continue its existence. So too must the sky and the oceans grow to survive. This is the new balance forced on us by Kyros, not me. Our brother K'tah seems to already have understood that. And who are you to talk of balance. When Kyros said that balance is the destruction of all by him, you spoke out not once against him. We call ourselves Bureau of Creation yet we accept and shelter the Destroyer in our midst."
When Llh'than called most of the gods Ragan said: "Let us now join the gathering that you suddenly deem as so important."
He moved with the blink of an eye to Llh'than but stayed at a distance for he was uninvited.

AP 3 = 6 - 3 (Evolve Physically)
My new for has actually just now become the way I had put it in my OoC god introduction.

Ajadea
2011-07-18, 06:09 PM
Illiaru flew off to the gathering of the gods in a quite literal storm, reforming out of jet-black clouds where Llh'than had called them. The praise of the bonds between sky and sea made him glow slightly with pride. "A barrier? Interesting thoughts..." He wasn't quite sure if he liked the new emptiness between stars and sky, but it wasn't really a bad thing either. "I do not fear destruction or a cycle of change that calls for such. Yet Llh'than is right, creation is useless if it is to be destroyed at once," he says. He casts his gaze to Cain and Abel and Seth, to the whales and dragons and birds, to the shore where he and K'tah had sat and watched the constellations dance. He didn't want to lose that.

"Must we abandon the world we have already made? Cain must feed to grow, yes? Look around us-there is nothing, not even air, for Cain to eat. Remove Cain from the core of Abel. Let it take Seth's place if you absolutely must." Illiaru could scarcely believe the words tumbling out of his mouth, but on reflection...the memory was worth more than that one named star. "Cain will provide heat just as well from the skies, and it could be made to glow bright as Seth. Mistakes have been made, yes, but is that enough to warrant losing all we have done?!"

Eldest
2011-07-18, 06:17 PM
Aurora
But then Abel would grow without Seth growing to match. Why not just have the sea and air grow as well?

UberFunMan38
2011-07-18, 06:35 PM
Baloth pondered what his father had said. He then flew down to Abel to confront The Destroyer Why do you hurt my father? You have no grudge, do you? Yet you continue to thwart his plans, attempting to kill all that he holds dear on Abel. Why not escape? Why not flee to your own realm, and attempt to create, for the sole purpose of destruction?

Milo v3
2011-07-18, 06:46 PM
Kyros
"Because I have no reason to hide. I have done nothing wrong. The thing is I will not destroy it immediately. That would make creation pointless. I will only destroy when the time comes. The others don't seem to understand that."

UberFunMan38
2011-07-18, 06:52 PM
But the coming time is approaching sooner than anyone wants. Can you really justify that?

bryn0528
2011-07-18, 07:03 PM
K'tah leaves his work and arrives to the summons like a falling rain; heavy and bearing disappointment. Talking, talking, so much talking. He hardly listened anymore he so preferred the silence. His skin ripples prismatically, proudly, in response to Brother Llh'than's observations, despite the horned glare of his disagreement to the meeting.

"Growing... too much growing," K'tah sighs finally. "Growing so large on the outside, and yet so small on the inside. Straining... too much growth. And then withering. Destruction," K'tah narrows his gaze as best as possible on both Aurora and Llh'than. "Kyros would only win."

He curls in on himself. He didn't understand why the others wouldn't just let Cain take it's course. Was the issue with the inevitability of destruction, or the abruptness of Kyros' actions? His brothers and sister hardly seemed able to decide any longer. Cain would take many...(he found himself without a word for which to measure the vastness of time). It would take a very long time. K'tah saw that Kyros did not want to step on the flower just bloomed. Kyros wanted to burn down the forest after the trees grew to the sky. Kyros wanted to burn away the world after it started to die. K'tah understood. It was like the way rain fell and washed away the markings in the dirt. Kyros was necessary to the purpose of creation. Destruction was necessary to create, for how did one live if one did not die?

HoodyC17
2011-07-18, 07:08 PM
Desaru chuckles.

Desaru: That or your mind harnesses delusions. That seems more likely.

He encased himself with ice and vanished from Abel to appear among where his other kin stood. He approached Llh'than.

Desaru: You insult me brother with your arrogance, if it wasn't because of the inaction of the Bureau of Creation it wouldn't have lead to this.

He then stares down at Cain.

Desaru: Kyros' sabotage may of have started these events but it was your inactions that allowed it.

He then turns back to his brother.

Desaru: And now you still do nothing and choose to run instead.

Rafinius
2011-07-18, 07:39 PM
After listening to his siblings Ragan decides to join the conversation. He approached Llh'than and started to speak.
"Once again brother Desaru speaks the ugly truth. I thought you were wise, brother Llh'than, but if you really believe that if you leave to create elsewhere Kyros wouldn't follow then I was mistaken about your wisdom. He himself stated that all creation was destined to die. That clearly shows that running is not an option."
With a thoughtful look he turned to Aurora.
"This world can not grow forever. Cain is still destined to destroy itself when it is big enough and once that happens Cain will take all that surrounds it into oblivion. I wish I would have never trusted it."
Lastly he faced Aequitus.
"You always mention compromises and rules but I can't see how to realize them. Kyros will not obey rules that forbid him to end all creation and I will not follow rules that keep me from protecting this realm from harm."

Ajadea
2011-07-18, 07:52 PM
Illiaru floated to where K'tah was and placed a hand on his mantle almost protecticely. He didn't know how to ease the fears of his brethren or make Desaru shut up or give Kyros insight to the anger he caused. But he could be here for one of them, and whether it was because of the bonds they had forged between sea and sky or the new force some god or another had made, he valued K'tah above the rest.

"For once, you show insight, Ragan. The world shouldn't grow forever. But does it need to be protected from an end? Give Abel a soul if it bothers you so much. The essence of the world will be preserved, thanks to Llh'than's ingenuity. And when you're done moping, the world will remember enough to still be Abel. Stopping the Destroyer from destroying is like asking the seas to stop being wet."

Eldest
2011-07-18, 07:57 PM
Aurora
Of course the world can grow forever. The void extends forever. The only reason it must end is one god, only one, dicided arbitrarily it must be so. Of course things must be destroyed, if for nothing else than to make room for the new. But creation can stay forever, always changing and growing.

EclecticGuru
2011-07-18, 08:04 PM
Aequitus nodded agreeably.

"I offer myself as a mediator and judge should any of you have grievances that you cannot resolve among yourselves and seek a third party to find resolution. Barring that, I have little to offer on this matter other than my promise to assist you all in finding balance and harmony, as far as you are willing to allow me to do so."

Rafinius
2011-07-18, 08:06 PM
"What point would there be in giving Abel a soul. In the end it would still be gone and all its dwellers would perish. Maybe destruction is inevitable but I will not just sit on my hands and let it happen. I will protect whatever I can for as long as I can and I will fight against Kyros forces of destruction having faith that it will not be in vain. I was created to safeguard and further life on this world and giving up is not part of my path."

Milo v3
2011-07-18, 08:33 PM
Kyros
"K'tah understands. Why can't the others understand that I'm not going to destroy until it is time."

HoodyC17
2011-07-18, 08:45 PM
Desaru approaches Kyros and he speaks with a more serious tone.

Desaru: You could choose not to destroy them and wait until it is there time to end. Let them end by themselves otherwise your destruction is just needless interference.

Milo v3
2011-07-18, 10:26 PM
Kyros
"So you would prefer a slow and painful death after your time, rather than swift destruction at the end of your time."

HoodyC17
2011-07-18, 10:51 PM
Desaru: Although the end could be slow and painful it is still more preferable than a end that is forced on me.

Desaru returned to his carefree tone and attitude.

Desaru: Did you not consider that there will be balance in the lives of mortals? Where there is a time which they will experience where they are at there greatest and when they are at there lowest. And when they are destroyed at their greatest what will they compare it to so they know how grand it is?

Milo v3
2011-07-19, 05:11 AM
Kyros
"It seems that we could argue this for millenia, and still get nowhere. Farewell."

Fire absorbed Kyros body and he reappeared in Cain.
"Let us begin a plan."

HoodyC17
2011-07-19, 05:22 AM
Desaru chuckled and gained a even more childish tone.

Desaru: Heh, I suppose it was a argument... Hmm... Not that much of a fair debate though since he ignored some of the more valid arguments I've made... He isn't one to focus on intellectual pusuits I suppose and he seems quite deluded... But... Why find answers when you can make your own? We are gods. Hmm... That method destroys truth though... I wonder who shall I approach next?

Eldest
2011-07-19, 07:22 AM
Aurora
Aurora sits through all of the arguments, then stands up and cries out. What is the point of all this senseless bickering? You cannot convice a deity to sway his belief just by words. It is pointless! After saying that, she rushes down to Abel again, landing in one of the grasslands one of her siblings had created. It was nice, but too uniform. So she took some of the plants and changed them until they looked much nicer, and had food on them. Then she bent down to the ground, and took hold of some of the dirt. She fashioned a very small body out of it, giving it fur, four legs and a very cautious attitude. I name you Gaille, First of the Lowest. Go forth and multiply.
I just realized the last sentance was from the bible. Hm. Well it works, anyway.
3ap+3ap(rollover)-2ap(make flowering maize)-2ap(create rodents[the lowest]=2ap.

The Witch-King
2011-07-19, 08:03 AM
Aequitus considers, sagely.

"Perhaps we should establish some ... rules ... to guide this creation, or a future one if that is our decision, to a more harmonious and agreeable path?"

"I propose simply that we create a new world, with a barrier around it and that in forging this new world, we take creation in single steps, one god at a time and that each god proposes what he or she will forge for the world ahead of time that there might be discussion and consensus before the new addition. Together, we have the might to counter any attempts to penetrate a barrier around our new world and ourselves. By now, it should be clear to all that the conflict between Kyros, Desaru and Ragan cannot be peacefully resolved because they don't want it resolved. We have tried to resolve it with the creation of souls, we have tried to resolve it with the creation of constellations, we have tried to resolve it with multiple offers of mediation and we have tried to resolve it by offering to move Abel and Cain apart. Kyros and Ragan want to fight and Desaru wants to stoke the flames of their war for his own amusement. Let us simply ignore them and return to the work for which we were born."

Milo v3
2011-07-19, 08:21 AM
Kyros
"Dispite me arguing I do actually seek a resolution to this conflict between me and Ragan. I myself simply state that destruction will happen, eventually. I never said I would destroy as soon as it is created. I'll probably wait a huge amount of time before I even think of destroying something like Desaru's first."

HoodyC17
2011-07-19, 08:34 AM
Desaru approached Llth'than while being greatly annoyed. He spoke in a serious and cold tone.

Desaru: Such arrogance... Stop counting me among them and do not misunderstand me. The First are currently safe in a plane which I created for them so most my issues have been already resolved for now. The only thing that bothers me now is the constant threat that Kyros presents as he continuously threatens to destroy my creations and that I can not allow. What would you suggest to solve that? I have tried endlessly to convince him otherwise in a civilised manner and he has only shown that he can not be reasoned with. It is not amusement I desire but enlightenment. Kin are a mystery to me and I wish to understand them better. I wish to understand the rest of the gods better. Curiosity has driven me to do what I do. I seek answers not destruction or war.

The Witch-King
2011-07-19, 08:36 AM
Kyros
"Dispite me arguing I do actually seek a resolution to this conflict between me and Ragan. I myself simply state that destruction will happen, eventually. I never said I would destroy as soon as it is created. I'll probably wait a huge amount of time before I even think of destroying something like Desaru's first."

"Really? Your offer seems disingenuous at best. I return your own words to you:"

The voice of Kyros' words from the past echoed anew before the gathered assembly.

"My Dragons! I have returned to tell you your purpose. You were made to be the opposite of the existing mortals. They were small, weak and pathetic. You are Huge, Strong, and Powerful. You are to use this power to destroy Abel. Attack the other mortals, burn down forests, do as you please, but always remember that even though you are powerful you will not live forever."

"You talk about 'eventual' destruction--you talk about things being 'done in their own time'--and then--after Desaru has removed most of the First from Abel--you instruct giant, fire-breathing killing machines to go out into the world and destroy and kill. How can anyone take your 'offers' of patience seriously? Abel is newly borne and you give the order for your dragons to destroy him. The First were just created and already you have given the order to your dragons to annihilate them, to destroy forests which you did not create and even gave them license to do as they please. Why should any of us remain here to bring mortal children into the world when you've already given the order for their destruction?"

The Witch-King
2011-07-19, 08:57 AM
I have tried endlessly to convince him otherwise in a civilised manner and he has only shown that he can not be reasoned with. It is not amusement I desire but enlightenment. Kin are a mystery to me and I wish to understand them better. I wish to understand the rest of the gods better. Curiosity has driven me to do what I do. I seek answers not destruction or war.

"Truly? I return your words to you as well:"

Desaru's past words echoed forth before all assembled.

"To be honest I could care less about balance. What drives me is curiosity and I was simply curious to see how you would react to this."

"But... It would seem like that you've mistaken the definition of balance with the end. It is almost like that you are insane brother."

"Next is your delusion that all things come to an end through destruction."

"Don't your views seem stupid if you view it from a certain angle?"

"All things shall be destroyed in the end.

What? No they won't! I won't let you!

'Smash!' See? Destroy. Everything is destroyed. I was right. I am the wise one.'"

"One shows that you lack wit. The other shows that you harness delusions and ignorance."

"You have insulted Kyros at EVERY turn--your discourse is so far from civilized as to be the definition of its opposite. You created ice dragons solely to annoy him and see how he would respond. You have done nothing but exacerabate this conflict and solely--solely for your own amusement."

Rafinius
2011-07-19, 09:02 AM
Ragan frowned.
"Create your new world then. If only to distract Kyros, to give him something else to destroy. If we find a way to safely remove Cain from Abel I would be happy to help but how can we take away Kyros creation if he chooses to interfer. And are you even willing to lay hands on the things of a fellow Bureau member? You all seemed focused on consensus before doing anything and I can't see that ever happen between all of us. Also aren't both Kyros and I still members of this Pantheon? Still you call those that have not joined to your meeting and try to keep us away. I ask myself what is the point of the Bureau?"
Ragans gaze followed Aurora. Maybe sister Aurora is right. I have been trying to show my siblings my reasoning but it seems we all have our own view of the world.

HoodyC17
2011-07-19, 09:07 AM
Desaru shrugs with a slightly guilty smile.

Deasu: It was a joke. The civilised part I mean. I admit I mocked him a bit but it is a method I attempted to use to show him how his views sounded. Calling him insane, however, was worry not mocking and the winter dragons were created for enlightenment as well. I did not create them to annoy him just to see how he reacted. It allowed me to receive a clearer view of Kyros' so called purpose and his meaning of balance. I still do not understand him though. It would be simpler to classify him as insane but that would be arrogant and he is kin so I decided to be generous.

The Witch-King
2011-07-19, 09:15 AM
Ragan frowned.
"Create your new world then. If only to distract Kyros, to give him something else to destroy. If we find a way to safely remove Cain from Abel I would be happy to help but how can we take away Kyros creation if he chooses to interfer. And are you even willing to lay hands on the things of a fellow Bureau member? You all seemed focused on consensus before doing anything and I can't see that ever happen between all of us. Also aren't both Kyros and I still members of this Pantheon? Still you call those that have not joined to you meeting and try to keep us away. I ask myself what is the point of the Bureau."

"We can move Abel. There is no need to touch Kyros' creation. We can fold the space around Abel such that there is a fourth direction in addition to length, breadth and width, and move Abel through that fourth direction while Cain remains in place and all would be well. We could likewise move Seth and the moons as well."

All it would take is a 1 AP Mold Land action to mold the space around Abel and another 1 AP Mold Land to move the space he's in and thus move him--and Seth and the moons if necessary--without harming Cain in any way. And then you would have Abel and he would have Cain.

HoodyC17
2011-07-19, 09:23 AM
Desaru stared at Llh'than and drew a even more colder and emotionless tone.

Desaru: Perhaps because it is a experience you have not been through yet that causes you to be inconsiderate. Kyros threatens the very existence of my children. Though I may have been uncivilised I was at least reasonable but he was convinced that it was his purpose was to destroy everything. Can you not see why I would act that way? He is a threat to my children because of something that I can not understand why and he would not see another way. I am hardly amused.

Rafinius
2011-07-19, 09:28 AM
Finally the talking seemed to bring results. "Hmm... Let us do that then. But we must find a new heatsource and a way to keep the mortals alive during the procedure."

The Witch-King
2011-07-19, 09:31 AM
Desaru stared at Llh'than and drew a even more colder and emotionless tone.

Desaru: Perhaps because it is a experience you have not been through yet that causes you to be inconsiderate. Kyros threatens the very existence of my children. Though I may have been uncivilised I was at least reasonable but he was convinced that it was his purpose was to destroy everything. Can you not see why I would act that way? He is a threat to my children because of something that I can not understand why and he would not see another way. I am hardly amused.

"And now you insult me. I am not inconsiderate. I created souls so that should your children or anyone's mortal children fall due to any means that something of them would live on. Illiaru made the stars remember for the same purpose. Can you not see that nothing was resolved by arguing rudely with one another? You can't convince people of your point of view by calling them deluded and insane. Aequitus offered more than once to act as a mediator. I don't want to see the First suffer or die and I don't think anyone other than Kyros wants that either. If you will stop arguing with him, if you will stop making things worse, then I think we can all move towards making things better. Please."

Rafinius
2011-07-19, 09:50 AM
"The souls you created are a beautiful idea but they didn't solve much. In the end we would just be surrounded by clouds of the fallen that will grow bored without having a purpose after Kyros has destroyed their home and disipated their entire race.
But you are right. Let us prepare to move Abel. We may need the help of K'tah and Illiaru but if they refuse we can manage without them."
Ragan concentrated his mind on Aurora and tried to contact her with his thoughts.
Sister. We want to move Abel from Cain but we will miss his heat. Will you help us and increase the power of summer as we carry Abel away?
Then he called out.
"I besiege any god and especially the Bureau of Creation to help us in our endevaur to bring Abel to safety."

Do I need to do Divine Creation: Telepathy already or can that wait until I give mortals the power? I would do it anyway in the future but I may need the AP for something bigger.
Also if the majority of the Bureau agrees we may use some Pantheon AP for this.

Eldest
2011-07-19, 09:56 AM
Aurora
Aurora watches the Lowest for a while, then starts when she hears a voice. You want me to make Summer stronger? And nobody will ge mad about it? As she says the last one, her voice sounds skeptical.

Rafinius
2011-07-19, 10:07 AM
Ragan recieved Auroras thougts and answered with his mind again.
Once we have left Cain the world will still be cooler even if you would triple the heat of summer. But wait until we start or you will burn the mortals alive.

HoodyC17
2011-07-19, 10:12 AM
Desaru sighed.

Desaru: So I am to believe that Kyros will act irrationally because he is simply offended? He must provide valid reasons for his actions as I have for mine. The truth is simple and fair not polite and false. Again, I called him deluded and insane not because I mock him but because I worry and he must simply provide reasons why those claims are not true which he hasn't. If you are not inconsiderate then consider why I can not stay calm when Kyros threatens my children. Only Kyros wishes The First to die and that is why I argue that matter with him. I have not made anything worse either. I have done little besides saving The First and that was actually a positive action. Perhaps you are correct that rudely arguing will lead to nothing as the arguments I have had with Kin have been enlightening but pointless at the same time. They all end with my opposition ignoring the reasons I have provided and focusing on areas where they can counter me. This has been enlightening.

Flames engulfed Desaru and he returned to the Haven of the First.

Eldest
2011-07-19, 10:13 AM
Aurora
But you're sure they won't be mad?

Rafinius
2011-07-19, 10:24 AM
I am sure Kyros may be mad and maybe the gods that don't want Abel to be saved. That will however not be because of you but because of the greater changes that will be made. If you keep the heat livable for the dwellers of Abel then all should be in order. All I ask you to do is to increase the summer to counter Cains absense. It may make the differences between summer and winter more extreme, but that is a little sacrifice we will have to endure.
Still telepathing to Aurora

The Witch-King
2011-07-19, 10:26 AM
Llh'than watched as Desaru withdrew to his own domain and sighed softly before speaking into thin air, hoping that Desaru was still some how listening.

"No--you weren't supposed to believe that Kyros will act irrationally simply because he is offended. You're supposed to understand that he acts irrationally because he is irrational and that provoking someone who is irrational will only make things worse. You're supposed to understand that he can't give you valid reasons for his actions--ever--because there aren't any. He decided from the very beginning that destruction was the only way and even then, he took it upon himself to be the agent of that destruction. Kyros is a zealot and there's no talking him out of that. You were supposed to understand that the only way to win that game--was not to play."

Llh'than turned back to face the other gods and began to give more thought to the issues of how to move Abel safely and securely.

Eldest
2011-07-19, 10:35 AM
Aurora
Ok, then. I'll wait...

Rafinius
2011-07-19, 10:38 AM
When he saw Llh'than still talking to Desaru after he was gone Ragan faced him and started to talk with a slightly annoyed voice. "Better focus on how to complete this endeavor. We will need any allies we can get to do this without too much trouble."

The Witch-King
2011-07-19, 10:56 AM
Llh'than nodded in agreement.

"It may take some effort but I believe we can get this done. I am sure the gods of the pantheon will assist in this." He left it unsaid that all the gods would probably help--save one.

bryn0528
2011-07-19, 11:10 AM
K'tah slithered away and sank back into the sea. He had heard enough. How recklessly his brothers and sister came to decide to remove Kyros. He hardly saw the difference between their decision and Kyros' want for destruction. It was wrong! It made K'tah feel... sick. He shivered with color; green, purple, frustration, blue. A sickly yellow like the mud between Ragan's toes. Kyros was their.. is our brother! He is one of the Eight (plus some). And yet they still sought for his removal because they were disinclined to his nature? K'tah pondered on the implications. Would they too so easily remove him because he had a new, radical idea (they so swam in his vision it was hard to think)? What of Illiaru? So far they only praised his creativity, but what would happen when his work of art became too great? Would the others turn their back on Illiaru? The ocean seethes. I will not stand to have my brother removed!

No. Not yet. I am too weak. Were I to war with them over this, I would surely perish. And then who could protect Illiaru? No, I must be clever if I am to win this battle. And most importantly, I must not reveal my true aims.

AP 1 = (3) - 2 (Gain Portfolio; Trickery).

Ajadea
2011-07-19, 11:37 AM
So, they agreed to his idea. Promising. But they were so close-minded about destruction. Cain exploding would be a suitable end to the world they had made. Kyros was right in that destruction was necessary, though his orders to the dragons were quite frankly uncalled for. Illiaru's birds fed on the smallest whales, lizards, and snakes, the worms and spiders and the berries and nuts of the trees. In turn, they were eaten, by larger lizards and snakes and dragons. That was destruction, in a smaller way. His birds killed until they died. No one brought up arms against him.

Hmm. Shooing Kyros away was stupid. They did not kill the dragons, and the dragons were Kyros'. He would come. The end would come eventually, through the dragons perhaps. How was he supposed to convince the other gods that he was right? How was he supposed to get them to see that the end in destruction was not undesirable?

EclecticGuru
2011-07-19, 03:41 PM
Aequitus saw that the gathering fell apart quickly and he shrugged sadly. He lingered a bit more, to see if there was anything else anyone wanted to add; adding one more time himself:

"If there is some desire for it, I believe I can resolve this dispute in a balanced manner, should the bureau unanimously wish to invest its authority behind me in doing so."

HoodyC17
2011-07-19, 04:55 PM
Desaru returned to the Haven of The First with Llh'than's voice ringing in his heads.

Desaru: So you've already accepted that he can not be reasoned with? Heh... The reason this argument started was because of my desire of you to stop counting me amongst them. I've tried to explain why I am not as rooted to the conflict as the other two and now you have isolated a single arguement that you believe can be used against me and ignored everything else I have provided. The purpose of my argument with Kyros was not because I solely intended to win but because I seeked enlightenment. I wished to know why he seeked destruction.

The Witch-King
2011-07-19, 05:31 PM
"You mistake me. I am not interested in arguing with you--I have nothing to gain by it. I am not interested in using arguments or anything else against you. I am not interested in your philosophies, your curiosity, your amusement or your enlightenment. Nor am I interested in Kyros' philosophy. I am interested in his actions and yours. You gave birth to the First. In response, he gave birth to dragons to slay them. In response to his birthing dragons, you forged dragons of your own. It doesn't take much foresight to see where this is headed. I am interested in heading off an arms race between gods that leads to the destruction of everything we have built so far."

Milo v3
2011-07-19, 05:56 PM
Kyros
"So because I created predators and told them they are predators I can't be trusted. That doesn't make much sense. The Dragons aren't going to annihilate a race within a few years. They have my essence. They realise that they should slowly destroy.

And as to this new idea of moving Abel may I ask what will you do with Cain? You would be no better than me. I might kill a mortal and you get angry, you leave Cain to exist along in the void never to grow, never to change, mortals at least have souls. You are doing worse than me if you leave Cain in the void."

HoodyC17
2011-07-19, 06:02 PM
Desaru chuckled.

Desaru: So you dismissed my excuses because you are not interested in them? How inconsiderate. The Winter Dragons were only a isolated incident and violence will only be involved between me and Kyros if he attacks The First. You admitted he can not be convinced otherwise so it will be inevitable

Milo v3
2011-07-19, 06:09 PM
Kyros
"I would also like to say that I'm not unreasonable. You know its strange. Before I was annoyed with Desaru. But now I agree with him 100% you are being inconsiderate. But not just to him but me."

Rafinius
2011-07-19, 07:23 PM
Ragan was growing more and more restless. He had to act before too many changed their minds. He faced Llh'than at first, but started speaking to several gods one after the other.
"Didn't you just tell Desaru to stop feeding the fire? Follow your own advice brother Llh'than.
Desaru do you wish to help? Else begone and care for your children.
Brother Aequitus. State your thoughts, but know that a full consensus is highly unlikely on any matter as long as all seven of us are still members of your Bureau. All you can hope for is a majority.
Know that what we do is to protect our own creation. I will not exterminate the Dragons as long as they are not a grave danger to the existence of anything else. We may be generous and let Cain watch from a safe distance. Feed him yourself if you hold him so dear. He never liked to be imprisoned in soil anyway.
Now, who is with me?"

The Witch-King
2011-07-19, 07:40 PM
"You are right, brother. I apologize. Desaru, Kyros--I apologize to you as well. It was not my intention to offend either of you or to seem inconsiderate of your feelings. My hope is to preserve and expand the joint creation we have forged together. It is my hope that I have been mistaken to date, that you are both as reasonable as you say and that you will take up Aequitus kind offer of mediation. I will now remain silent throughout the rest of the process."

EclecticGuru
2011-07-19, 11:55 PM
Aequitus addressed the gods who remained.

"My personal thoughts are unimportant. I seek only fairness, and what is best for the greater good. And to end your argument and this general discord would be the best, no matter the judgement. The fact is, any final judgement I could make would improve the current state of affairs, as it would put an end to this bickering."

He reiterated with emphasis. "Please accept my offer, my brethren of the Bureau. Give me the authority to end this so that we may move on with the business of creation."

Milo v3
2011-07-20, 12:23 AM
Kyros
"I will not stop you if you move Abel & Cain apart. But I want to remind everyone that I am a being of destruction & creation. I only destroy so there is room for the new."

Dragon
The Dragons dispite being told to destroy didn't want to leave. They needed the heat of the Mountains.
But today somethings different. Two strange Dragons returned. Samael & Lilith.
"We have returned from exploring Abel. We have found a new land. The desert is a perfect home for us."

HoodyC17
2011-07-20, 12:38 AM
Desaru allowed himself to become more carefree since the argument between him and Llh'than has come to an end.

Desaru: Well... Since I'm not a member of the Bureau of Creation I am not entitled to assist any of your goals. Hmm... Though it maybe kind to assist my kin in their goals I believe this is the sort of situation that my best action will be inaction as what I do may lead to a more dangerous path. Take Aurora's interference for example.

Ajadea
2011-07-20, 12:49 AM
"I have no qualms with you taking charge of this," Illiaru says. "Let this be over and done with! Destruction will come when it may, when it must. Now is still a time for creation." He morphs into a beam of starlight and scatters his form through the void, looking and watching and thinking. Above him, the constellation of the Bureau changed. The red star and yellow star that were Kyros and Ragan moved outwards a little. Llh'than's star moved closer to the center where the twin stars of Aequitus shone. The Bureau was no longer one will, and the stars reflected that.

What are we doing?

HoodyC17
2011-07-20, 01:02 AM
Desaru's form twisted and contorted. The stitches that sealed his mouth stretched and riped apart before vanishing. They left no traces of their existence and sharp teeth were shown in his mouth with a saliva coated forked tongue. He retracted the tongue back into his mouth and sealed his lips only to reopen again to allow speech.

Desaru: That felt... Interesting... Painful though.

His body appeared far more thinner and hardly as masculine as before.

0AP = 3AP - 3AP [Evolve Physically]

Rafinius
2011-07-20, 04:55 AM
Hastily Ragan answered.
"Speak your mind Aequitus. As long as you don't judge to stop our endeavor or endanger life in any other way I shall heed what you have to say. But tell me, do we have you blessing in the affair of moving Abel?"

EclecticGuru
2011-07-20, 08:36 AM
"Speak your mind Aequitus. As long as you don't judge to stop our endeavor or endanger life in any other way I shall heed what you have to say. But tell me, do we have you blessing in the affair of moving Abel?"

Aequitus' irritation gave way to righteous wrath.

"You wish to know my mind, then know this. You will not move Abel without my permission. You will not continue to seek to thwart Kyros in carrying out his role in our creation. You will focus only on *your* business, because the conflict between the two of you is now *my* business. Another word of hostility toward any member of the Bureau and you will face our wrath."

His clear ocean-deep eyes become burning embers.

"Destruction does have a role in our creation. Kyros! Know this, if you abuse your ability to destroy, the entire authority of the Bureau *and* Celestia will be upon you. I highly recommend before you create dragons or planet eating super-intelligences, you consult with *me* first. I have no intention of thwarting your designs, but your designs will not be leashed upon our creation without oversight."

Aequitus took on his shard form, now a vast geometric pattern, folding and unfolding, revealing mind-shattering mathematical formulae within its non-euclidean depths. The cool and even light of his shard form shined like a sun, visible even from Abel. Then, in a massive flash, the pattern folded back in on itself and withdrew to Celestia.

Within Celestia, Aequitus' pattern unfolded, and upon Elysium he descended. The Seraphim scattered as his divinity bent the very light-infused matter of the realm. Marble, glass, gold, and ice were woven together into a foundation, pillars, and roof. A huge court was created at the center of the building, with seats for each of the gods of the Bureau to hold court, Aequitus' seat was at the center, where the God of Law would of course preside.

When his pattern folded in on itself again, Aequitus took his seat. He sent his fastest Seraphs to gather representatives from all the Elementals to represent their interests at the court, as well as one of each of the creatures that lived among the Bureau's creations.

(AP 4 = 8 AP -2 (divine creation - the Court of Celestial Judgement on Elysium) -2 (gain portfolio element -- Judgement))

Aequitus leaned back into his seat as presiding judge of the Bureau.

He sent a summons to the other gods.

"There has been a request to move Abel. Any gods who wish to speak in support or opposition of this action may attend the Court of Judgement in Elysium, where this matter will be decided ... swiftly and with finality."

Vitela of course attended, but the polymorphous goddess of Life was too busy snacking to pay much attention. This whole business was above her pay grade anyway.

UberFunMan38
2011-07-20, 02:03 PM
Baloth had little care for Abel, as it *was* losing stock, so to speak. But he did not want to look a fool in front of his brothers, so he attended this 'hearing' of Aequitus. What would you have me do, Brother? Baloth was only speaking to Aequitus. Public speaking, he had observed from the example of Kyros, was not a thing you wanted to do anymore. I am a fan of... due process.

EclecticGuru
2011-07-20, 02:17 PM
Baloth had little care for Abel, as it *was* losing stock, so to speak. But he did not want to look a fool in front of his brothers, so he attended this 'hearing' of Aequitus. What would you have me do, Brother? Baloth was only speaking to Aequitus. Public speaking, he had observed from the example of Kyros, was not a thing you wanted to do anymore. I am a fan of... due process.

"Thank you for coming. If you wish to speak in favor, or in opposition, then feel free to speak. Otherwise, you may remain as a witness or return to other pressing business as you will."

Eldest
2011-07-20, 02:32 PM
Aurora
Aurora looks up. The court of what? As she says that she floats up to Aquious's side. What is this new creation?

EclecticGuru
2011-07-20, 02:37 PM
Helpful seraphs fill Aurora in on what the place is (a court for the Bureau of Creation to administrate over their creations) and answer any other obvious question she might have, while Aequitus takes care of business.

Eldest
2011-07-20, 03:19 PM
Aurora
So then you declared that you and your group are the leaders of all? That you and yours have the right to judge me and mine? And you really expect me to nod my head and agree?

UberFunMan38
2011-07-20, 04:07 PM
Hmmm... as much as advocating my desires sounds like buckets of fun, I think I'll just listen for now, and chime in later.

EclecticGuru
2011-07-20, 04:14 PM
Aequitus let the Seraphim address her concerns respectfully.

Alber
2011-07-20, 04:25 PM
As the other Serephim scattered one stood still, frozen in awe, and even a touch of fear, of the massive power enveloping around him. As the energy twisted and bent the realm around him, the Serephim found his physical form consumed, however his consciousness was not. Instead, it was reformed the same way as his surroundings. Just as the realm grew and changed so too did his mind, expanding and warping in accordance with the divine energies that acted around it. The aura of Judgement around him mixed with his own sense of duty towards the souls of the Dead, creating in him a new ingrained sense of purpose.

As the ethreal consciousness began to regain control of itself, it found itself immediately, instinctively drawn to Abel, where it's former duties primarily lay. Quickly becoming more and more aware of itself and its nature, the being percieved a sentient creature near him, and imprinted his form from it...a member of the First who had not chosen to go into the Haven created by their creator.

And so the new god was born.

Milo v3
2011-07-20, 04:53 PM
Kyros

"Destruction does have a role in our creation. Kyros! Know this, if you abuse your ability to destroy, the entire authority of the Bureau *and* Celestia will be upon you. I highly recommend before you create dragons or planet eating super-intelligences, you consult with *me* first. I have no intention of thwarting your designs, but your designs will not be leashed upon our creation without oversight."
"You do realise that I created Cain before I joined so I didn't have to tell you anything about him. And as to the dragons they are simply predators. Yet you don't warn the others for there mortals, the whales, and snakes. But if I create a dragon I must tell you first. That is stupid and biased."

EclecticGuru
2011-07-20, 05:06 PM
The seraphim intervene and tell Kyros that court is in session, and respectfully assure him that his grievances may be addressed in time.

Ajadea
2011-07-20, 05:09 PM
Illiaru condenses into the center of the Court. "What's all this about? Very ostentanious, to be sure. I didn't think you were one for vanity, brother," he says to Aequitus. His wide grin is ever so slightly mocking. "Look how far we've come in this time. Once, at the beginning, the Bureau was formed to help us seek our destiny, whatever it may be. Do you remember that? I don't see anything involving destiny here. I see a hierarchy formed without the consent of the rest, an attempt to take charge of those who wish for freedom, and an argument between two sides, neither of whom have the best grasp of what they are arguing."

His gaze flickers to each of his siblings present. "What do you see, here in this room?"

Milo v3
2011-07-20, 05:27 PM
Kyros
"I see many things. I see air, fire, chaos, .... Corruption. I see many things."

bryn0528
2011-07-20, 05:34 PM
K'tah was not among those visible in the circle. K'tah heard the summons, but he chose to ignore his brother Aequitus. Instead, he remained in the depths of his sea, where very few ever chose to visit, coiling in his own secret machinations.

EclecticGuru
2011-07-20, 06:18 PM
"Let us keep the theatrics to a minimum. The issue at hand is the proposed move of Abel. If you have nothing to say on that matter, then please be patient. Your issues will all be addressed."

HoodyC17
2011-07-21, 01:41 AM
Desaru drifted in his plane deep in thought.

Desaru: Zealot... Insane... Irrational... Unreasonable... All of these are words that are very likely to describe Kyros but he is kin and I shall not judge him as such yet. I'm still uncertain of Llh'than... Hmm...

He then gazes into the physical world and at his kin.

Desaru: Fairness was one of the Bureau of Creation's goals was it not? I do not see fairness when one holds more power than the rest of their kin... And... Aequitus already seems... Unfit for the role of being a judge. I hope he proves himself to be unbias, reasonable, rational and understanding else he'll be drawing a heavier quantity of irony.