PDA

View Full Version : Am I trying to do too much?

acid_ninja
2011-07-06, 05:59 PM
I'm building a level 10 gish with this PrC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57794) and I'm a little on the fence about feat choices.

I'm playing a human so I end up with 6 (7 if flaws are allowed - still waiting for ruling).

I need combat casting and 1 metamagic for the PrC. I like Fell Drain for the metamagic because its a push-button debuff - no save, no SR - and Iron Heart Manuevers would allow me to use it on multiple targets (with the PrC).

For the rest, I'm considering (if flaws are allowed):
Combat Reflexes
Dodge
Karmic Strike
Ironheart Aura
Stormguard Warrior

I might go with that list, dropping karmic strike, even if I can't have a flaw, since heroics lets me pick up Karmic Strike for 10 min/level.

My concern, though, is whether or not I'm trying to do too many things: manuevers, spells and AoO shenanigans and whether I might be better off being a bit more focussed, either on magic (so practiced spellcaster, more metamagic, maybe spell focus) or manuevers/melee (martial study/stance, power attack).

For the record, I'm going Warblade 2/Transmuter 4 (with the mutable memory and enhance attribute variants) Eldritch Knight 4. Caster level 7th, IL 7th.

Manuevers:
Sudden Leap
Steel Wind
[Whatever]
Battle Leader's Charge
Insightful Strike
Iron Heart Surge

klemdakherzbag
2011-07-06, 10:35 PM
Wouldn't you have 8IL by tenth level? 2 warblade + 4 EK + 2 transmuter (4 total lvls/2)

IMO just focus on your spells primarily and secondly maneuvers. I have a Gish built almost the exact same way (conjurer w/ abrupt jaunt) and I really don't have the in-game time for worrying about AoO just cleaning up the battlefield after a few well placed spells :)