PDA

View Full Version : If you live on Peterson Air Force Base, CO this may concern you

aart lover
2011-07-06, 08:29 PM
a couple days ago, at Garden of The Gods, i spotted what seemed to be a stray dog. today, i came into contact with what seemed to be the same dog. i can't believe she traveled all that way, but crazier things have happened. i know she is stray because she has no collar, and is quite malnourished. i saw her walking in the alley behind the houses, realized she was stray, and feeling sorry for her i fed her a few hotdogs which she gulped down, then gave her some water. she left after that and is now probably walking around the base. she is not sick, or unfriendly, she has a white coat with reddish splotches, and is quite scrawny. she is surviving ok so i don't think she was born a pet. i imagine she won't be traveling for a couple days due to the rain, or if nothing else to rest and get food +water. so please, if you see her wandering around, give her a little food and some water (or a home, that would be ideal). i think i'd feel a little better if i at least know there are other compassionate people out there. i know she is desperate as i had to physically hold her back to keep her from jumping the fence into our house :frown:

Gaius Marius
2011-07-06, 09:54 PM
+ 5 Light Side points

(seriously, don't live in the area, nor do I like dogs. But you definetly earned a cookie)

DaMidget
2011-07-06, 10:51 PM
If you call the SP desk they should send someone out to pick it up, and they will take it to the closest animal shelter/humane society. If someone actually owns it they will likely start looking for it there, or if it was left by someone who changed duty station it at least has a chance of being adopted from there.

Number to contact them if you see the stray again COMM (719)556-4000 or DSN 834-4000

shadow_archmagi
2011-07-08, 09:33 AM
+ 5 Light Side points

(seriously, don't live in the area, nor do I like dogs. But you definetly earned a cookie)

If you call the SP desk they should send someone out to pick it up, and they will take it to the closest animal shelter/humane society. If someone actually owns it they will likely start looking for it there, or if it was left by someone who changed duty station it at least has a chance of being adopted from there.

Number to contact them if you see the stray again COMM (719)556-4000 or DSN 834-4000

Well said.