PDA

View Full Version : Marvel U-BESM

AVowofSilence
2011-07-06, 10:44 PM
This is a BESM game set in the Marvel Universe as you know. The time frame is two years after Civil War. Capt. America is of course dead, Thunderbolts have been hunting down non-registers, and other key plots that happen during Civil War in New York. If you have any questions just ask me.

Rules:
-We will take a rotation. You will have 48 hours to post.
-If you do not post I will most likely take over your character til you are active again or at the very least let me know what is up (maybe your not sure what you want to post, etc.)
-Post rolls such like this (stat + ability + roll = total value)
-For Out of Character use () or spoiler tag. I prefer ()

Players:
SolidPlatypus
MrHopwood
Babel Matrix
Ronin L

Please post your characters.

SolidPlatypus
2011-07-06, 10:58 PM
Banquo "The Brick" Burns

Mutant power manifested in a boxing match turning his fist into stone under his glove severely damaging the other boxer. This event got him banned from boxing during the events of the heroes "Civil War". Refusing to register he has joined Captain America in his fight against Iron Man and the Registration. The Mutant gene also turned his eyes to gems, blinding him but improving his other senses.

-----------
Stats:
Body - 8
Mind - 6
Soul - 6

-----------
Attributes:
Melee Attack - 6
Melee Defense - 6
Massive Damage (Rock Arm) - 3
Defensive Combat - 2
Super Senses (Blind, Sonar) - 4
Super Strength - 2
Shield - 5
Tough - 2

------------
Skills:
Area Knowledge - 3
Power Lifting - 6
Intimidation - 2
Sports - 2
Street Sense - 2

-------------
Defect:
Wanted
Marked
Alcoholic

MrHopwood
2011-07-06, 11:08 PM
Body - 8
Mind - 6
Soul - 6
Penetrating - 1
Damage - 4
-Combat Tech lvl 1
Crit Strike lvl 1
Lightning Reflexes lvl 1
Massive Damage (Focused) lvl 4
Defence Combat Mastery lvl 1
Extra Actions lvl 2
Armour lvl 2
Melee Attack (Target) lvl 5
Melee Defence (Target) lvl 3
Artisan lvl 4
Controlled Breathing lvl 2
Etiquette lvl 4
Secret Sense lvl 2
Seduction lvl 1

Ronin L
2011-07-07, 01:46 PM
John is a visitor to New York City. Currently working part time jobs to make ends meet in Staten Island.

babel_matrix
2011-07-07, 02:05 PM
Kenneth "The Soul" Krieger

A linguist and translator by day, he had spent much of his college life doing rogue work for various international businesses and forums, making a living on freelance writing and under-the-table deals. Until recently, this was his bread and butter.

Now, gifted with the power to manipulate his soul in mystical ways, he has learned to control these strange powers for the sake of crimefighting, all the while trying to find out how the Meshinite Scriptures transformed him, what the goals of that ancient cult were, and who has been trying to cover these passages up.

Stats:
Body: 4
Mind: 6
Soul: 8

Skills:
Area Knowledge (New York City) Rank 4
Languages Rank 6
(speaks 12 languages besides English: Spanish, French, Italian, German, Creole, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Porteguese)
Stealth Rank 3
Writing Rank 4

Attributes:
Extra Actions Rank 1
Flight Rank 2
Force Field Rank 6
Massive Damage (Soul Gates) Rank 4
Ranged Attack Rank 6
Telekinesis Rank 4

Soul Gates Releases:
Any of the Soul's powers manifest in what he calls Soul Gate Release, a physical or mental representation of the unlocking of a barrier that binds his spirit. Though he has tried, to exhausting degrees, to give a solid meta-scientific base to this power, he has failed time and time again, ultimately ending in simply calling it "magic."

Soul Gate Release #001: Sorrow
[I]Performed only once per day, due to the strain it causes, this potent power spreads coma-inducing fugue all across the minds of the Soul's enemies, temporarily knocking them out cold if their minds are not strong enough to resist.
Weapon Level 0
Incapacitating Level 6
Selective Rank 1
Toxic Rank 1
Area 6

Soul Gate Release #002: Torment
By focusing on the essence of failure that surrounds his foes, the Soul attacks their minds using their spiritual neglect, causing their minds to fold in on themselves in self-defense.
Weapon Level 0
Drain (Mind) Rank 3
Inaccurate Rank 2
Psychic Rank 6
Toxic Rank 1
Range 2

Soul Gate Release #003: Doubt
Clouding the minds of his enemies, the Soul spreads his soul into an invisible mist, blinding and deafening his enemies with visions of their defeat and failures of both past and possible futures.
Weapon Level 0
Flare (Sight) Rank 3
Flare (Sound) Rank 3
Selective Rank 1
Toxic Rank 1
Area 4
Duration 2

Soul Gate Release #004: Epiphany
A simple, ugly assault upon a person's soul, Soul uses his own negative energy to inflict upon a person's corporeal form.
Weapon Rank 1
Psychic Rank 6
Toxic Rank 1
Range 2

Soul Gate Release #005: Pain
One of the first gates learned in his efforts to fight crime, Soul manifests his spiritual energy into a simple, blunt form and slams it into his foe, penetrating most armor due to it's ethereal nature and inflicting massive, blunt wounds.
Weapon Rank 5
Penetrating Rank 2
Toxic Rank 1
Range 2

Defects:
Wanted Rank 3
Significant Other Rank 1
Charges Rank 3 [Sorrow]
Charges Rank 3 [Doubt]
Detectable Rank 1 [Sorrow casts a gloom that reeks of corpses and is easily detected by those sensitive to spiritual or magical energies]
Dependent [all 5 attacks, flight, telekinesis are ALL dependent on Force Field being alive] Rank 1

AVowofSilence
2011-07-07, 04:47 PM
Okay I would like for the four of you to agree how is your general operation as a group. Such as meeting place, using cell phones, signals, anything really.

SolidPlatypus
2011-07-07, 05:13 PM
should you give us a setting or something first? i dont even know how we know each other, i dont think any of us do..

MrHopwood
2011-07-07, 05:16 PM
Either way they can always contact me by cell phone or my restaurant where i live as well. Know idea where we could meet tho.

AVowofSilence
2011-07-07, 07:01 PM
I would argue that you guys have not been vigilantes since Civil War. I would argue you guys have gone on patrol for a couple of months for whatever reason, maybe too much crime, a sense of urgency. Whatever you prefer. I would actually maybe all of you have met, maybe fought on a roof top then realizing you are on the same side, maybe you helped each other take down thugs making deals.

I would say that most likely you guys don't fight as a unit but have a mutual respect. Give each other an heads up on each other's progress maybe call in for help.

The setting is night maybe a couple hours before a patrol what does your character do.

SolidPlatypus
2011-07-07, 08:30 PM
1. i dont know why you have to argue these points.
2. i dont see how we would know eachother, much less fight crime on the same rooftop and earn each others respect. im a boxer that just doesnt want to register. i havent fought any crime. in fact i think my backstory is very recent. like a day or two tops. so... what do i do? im on the run. so im hiding out.

oh im also trying to figure out what the **** is wrong with me. im blind and my eyes and right arm are hard as a rock.

AVowofSilence
2011-07-07, 09:00 PM
That is fine, what is your character doing then? Is he at home?

Ronin L
2011-07-07, 09:16 PM
My character is practically human and doesn't really dabble in day to day crime fighting, he also doesn't feel obligated to fight petty crimes considering all the other options that "prevent" or "stop" crimes. This also helps him hide from all this registered business quiet well. My character has been going about his business trying to find a way home. I'm not saying that I wouldn't help someone if they were right in front of me but I'm not spiderman'ing it up.

Perhaps we should tell you what we think our characters are doing and you pick us up from there?

AVowofSilence
2011-07-07, 09:37 PM
My character is practically human and doesn't really dabble in day to day crime fighting, he also doesn't feel obligated to fight petty crimes considering all the other options that "prevent" or "stop" crimes. This also helps him hide from all this registered business quiet well. My character has been going about his business trying to find a way home. I'm not saying that I wouldn't help someone if they were right in front of me but I'm not spiderman'ing it up.

Perhaps we should tell you what we think our characters are doing and you pick us up from there?

Exactly go with that and I will just make a setting from there.

babel_matrix
2011-07-07, 10:12 PM
If the night is approaching, that likely means Kenneth has been awake for about 2 hours. A nightowl practically by trade, he splits his evenings between his work and his "real" work. Sometime around 10 or 11 o'clock, he'll check to make sure his roommate has gone to work before running out to his hiding spot, where his costume is located. From there, he'll begin his patrol, flying low, fast and close to rooftops to minimize exposure.

EDIT: Just so it's clear, yeah, my guy is already starting a vigilante profession, but originally for selfish reasons, aka cleaning up HIS block and to train his powers without risking exposure for his "normal" self.

SolidPlatypus
2011-07-08, 01:33 PM
Banquo Burns somehow made it to his apartment after the event of his Mutation, hes not quite sure how. He's dodged everyone from his family to the landlady. Its been a few days so hes learned that while he cant see anymore his hearing has improved drastically and he can not just hear but FEEL the subway trains from a distance and when they come near his apartment. He begins training this ability to sense vibrations. He's learned some pretty ridiculous **** about his neighbors.

EDIT: After a few days he's run out of food and decides to use his new found abilities and memory of his neighborhood to find his way to the restaurant he frequented after fights for a drink. The restaurant is owned by a familiar face, goes by the name of Yukio.

Banquo leaves his house wearing sunglasses and an overcoat to hide his hand.

MrHopwood
2011-07-08, 07:48 PM
As night falls Yukio begins to help clean his restaurant for the next day. His abilitys make this job fairly quick to accomplish. Finished with his restaurant Yukio makes his way upstairs to prepare for his patrol. All black costume, shoes, face guard, and his most important item his unbreakable katana. Beginning his patrol he teleports from shadow to shadow keeping himself unseen.

One night in japan Yukio was working his famous Japanese restaurant. At one of the tables was one of largest gang leaders. As the night ended Yukio and his wife were exiting the restaurant with there last customer (gang leader), gunshots rang out coming from a rival gang (other gang). Aiming for there rivals leader they missed and struck Yukio's wife in the chest. Days after his wife's murder he packed up and moved where he could get away from the violence in japan. He Learned very quickly that the violence followed him to New York.

AVowofSilence
2011-07-09, 01:02 AM
Yukio suiting up in a empty restaurant he then moves up to the roof entrance in his black costume. Before moving he notices a name walking towards the restaurant. It's Banquo who does not realize that the restaurant is indeed closed.

Kenneth flying low in his patrol roll a spot check to see if you notice any details in your patrol.

babel_matrix
2011-07-10, 08:58 AM
OOC:
I had forgotten I made my character Mind 4, but he's an extreme multi-linguist/scholar, so that made no sense. I added some defects, moved a point out of body, and raised Mind to 6. Is this OK? That will be my final change, it was just so it made sense.

Dice Roll:
[roll0]

AVowofSilence
2011-07-12, 12:05 PM
Hop reply or your getting god modded. I'll reply later with a full reply.

AVowofSilence
2011-07-12, 07:07 PM
Hop reply or your getting god modded. I'll reply later with a full reply.

MrHopwood
2011-07-13, 05:40 AM
Yukio and Banquo meet at the front doors of the restaurant and begin discussing there patrol. Looking up they spot Kenneth diving in from the sky. " it's been pretty quiet tonight guys" said Yukio." (no idea where luis's char is)

AVowofSilence
2011-07-13, 11:36 AM
Yukio and Banquo meet at the front doors of the restaurant and begin discussing there patrol. Looking up they spot Kenneth diving in from the sky. " it's been pretty quiet tonight guys" said Yukio." (no idea where luis's char is)

It would be more like this. You go down to floor level to the front door in whatever manner you want to greet Banquo, in your costume. You saying something to him, and Victor will respond.

MrHopwood
2011-08-10, 12:32 AM
After closing Yukio spots Banquo coming towards him. " Yo the we closed toni- HOLY **** what happend to your arm?"