PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Journal Thread Necromancy

potatocubed
2011-07-07, 02:19 AM
It looks like my Fatescape campaign is going on hiatus over the summer since most of my players are out of town. I'd quite like to fire up the campaign journal again when we pick up again, but that won't be for months.

So, my request is this: might campaign journal threads be given a similar necro-posting exemption to the one already in place for homebrew projects?

arguskos
2011-07-07, 02:50 AM
I believe standard procedure is "PM the relevant mod and/or report the thread and make the request at that time, whereupon the mod in question will give you a yay or nay".

If you're asking whether or not a specific exemption should exist in the rules, personally I'd favor it, but I can see why it would be disallowed ("give 'em an inch, they'll take a mile" etc).

happyturtle
2011-07-07, 04:35 AM
In the freeform roleplay, we occasionally want to start using a thread again to roleplay in that has passed the necro period. In every case I'm aware of, permission was granted, once requested. I would imagine that campaign journals would be treated similarly.

Flame of Anor
2011-07-08, 05:43 PM
whereupon the mod in question will give you a yay or nay".

Yea. It's spelled Y-E-A.

arguskos
2011-07-08, 06:40 PM
Yea. It's spelled Y-E-A.
Yes, I know that. I used the spelling "yay" on purpose, to express both their approval and the positive emotion generated by such a decision. No need to jump down my throat, so please, lay off. :smallannoyed:

Flame of Anor
2011-07-08, 10:51 PM
Yes, I know that. I used the spelling "yay" on purpose, to express both their approval and the positive emotion generated by such a decision. No need to jump down my throat, so please, lay off. :smallannoyed:

I'm sure you'll forgive me for not intuiting that you were making a subtle reference to the well-known behavior of moderators wherein they shout for joy at the chance to grant permission to revive an old campaign journal thread. :smallamused:

Bobby Archer
2011-07-09, 01:23 AM
It looks like my Fatescape campaign is going on hiatus over the summer since most of my players are out of town. I'd quite like to fire up the campaign journal again when we pick up again, but that won't be for months.

So, my request is this: might campaign journal threads be given a similar necro-posting exemption to the one already in place for homebrew projects?

I think a rule change is unlikely, as the more exceptions to the rule there are, the more following it seems to be the exception. I'm obviously not a mod, but I'd say the best route (as others have said) is to request resurrection from the mods once you have need of it again.

averagejoe
2011-07-09, 01:40 PM
I'm gonna close this to hedge against grammar-based arguments and close this thread. One of the admins can add something if they want, but I'm fairly sure that arguskos' initial suggestion is correct.