PDA

View Full Version : Atom Zombie Smasher

Demon 997
2011-07-07, 04:42 AM
Picked this up on Steam today and I'm loving it. Anyone else playing it?

I've managed to evacuate 270ish people from a class 3 zone, and 220 from a class 2. Best scores?

Sprinter
2011-07-07, 09:55 AM
Nice little fast game maybe too fast for me as pause button dont actualy stop the game.

Failed the 1st campaing so i started new with casual difficulty and managed to get similar scores :smalltongue: and only my ability to hit my civilians with artillery and explosives prevent me from getting perfect scores.

My last campain a started with normal difficulty but with all units from the start and +1 extra unit since i often ended up with baricades + mines + bait super useless combo. unfortunately it unlocked faster zed spread and giants zeds from the start too but i love it having access to orbital cannons and scientists from the start and it also means faster access to lama bombs :smallamused:

Sholos
2011-07-09, 01:55 AM
Protip: The artillery cannon is your best friend, especially researched up. Barricades, infantry, and bait are close seconds. Mines take careful placement to be effective, and dynamite is best used to take out a whole line of stuff (or so I've found).

Also, playing with the modifier that lets you pick your mercenary groups avoids potential rages when the game decides to screw you over by only giving you barricades, mines, and dynamite. All at low level.

Recaiden
2011-07-09, 09:39 PM
I've cleared Level Two infestations before. Barricades and Infantry/Sniper/Artillery can really ruin a zombie army's day, sending them all marching down one path to be slaughtered.

Also, Elephantbird is an instant win button on the months you get it.

I got the game last time it was on sale, and it's brilliant. I won my first game only a few points ahead of the zombies, less than a hundred. If I had been 1 turn slower...

I also recently realized that you didn't need to deploy the zed bait at the beginning, in my second campaign, where I'm trying multiple of the same mercenaries, mercenary choosing, and something to help out the zombies.