PDA

View Full Version : Evil catchphrases for your BBEG's!

veven
2011-07-07, 10:26 AM
What are some of your favorite things you've had your villainous NPC's say throughout your campaigns? I am looking for some inspiration because I am about to introduce like...three different BBEG's and I want them all to stand out and be memorable on their own.

My personal favorite was in a short lived modern world / D&D mashup (some crazy cosmic disaster where the two worlds collided) one of the villains (a crafty knife fighting D-bag) kidnapped one of the players (who was his nemesis). He had him tied up to a chair and he got up in his face and said, "I've been reading some of the books from your world and I stumbled upon an interesting concept known as Occam's razor. I rather agree with Occam in his sentiments but I'd like to think that the simplest solution is often *takes out a knife and grins* the sharpest."

From there he preceded to remove some fingers and do the general torture bit until the player managed to escape / be rescued.

He says it still creeps him out to this day.

Shadowknight12
2011-07-07, 05:13 PM
"This will not hurt, I promise." said in a slightly mournful tone. For a healer turned BBEG.

"Fire... will... consume... all..." for the half-fire elemental BBEG.

"Help me!" Cursed good-aligned BBEG who unwittingly brought death and misery to all around him.

"Charmed, I'm sure," half-fey governess of a small woodland town, seeking to slay a fortress full of angels to become a goddess.

There are more, but I'm having a hard time remembering if they had catch-phrases...

Frozen_Feet
2011-07-07, 05:47 PM
"Annoyance."

... that's the only real catchphrase I've had any of my villainous characters have. They're prone to ranting, but most such rants would not make sense outside context of the situation.

Oh, wait! I just remembered some others:

"I hate people who don't appreciate silence."

"From silence to silence, stillness to stillness."

"I'm old, I say whatever I please!"

Pokonic
2011-07-07, 05:51 PM
'' My,will,be, Done!'' A magliamanic wizerd who somehow managed to get his hands on a scroll that taught how to caste a spell that riped the souls out of living creatures in order to become a cosmic entity between a demon prince a god,

''Well, its been a looong time, how has it been.'' said by a former one-shot Cr 4 necromancer who appered 21 levels later as a mummy lord surrounded by lesser wraiths, 2 18 CR liches, a small army of skelitons, at least 20 wights, a dracolich,all while pointing the wand of death in hand while sitting on the throne of everlost, with Orcuses corpes laying in the middle of the room. Yah, it freaked my players out.

druid91
2011-07-07, 06:08 PM
"Have a warm trip to [Insert presumed afterlife here]" And it's variations for my evil wizard with a hellfire motif.

Notreallyhere77
2011-07-07, 06:46 PM
I'm going to use this one soon, but you're welcome to steal it.

Context: Villain in combat with minor NPC gets struck by a dagger, which sticks in his arm.
Lines: (shocked) "Did you just hit bone?" :smalleek:*yanks, dislodges dagger* "I think it may have." *glares, stabs NPC through the heart with really big sword* "Ah, now I know that hit bone.":smallbiggrin:

Also:
"This may sting." (inflict spell?) Best if delivered deadpan, especially in the heat of combat.
"Stop. Now repeat what you were going to say, but this time precede it with the phrase 'due to our woeful incompetence...'" (when berating a minion for the PCs' success):smallannoyed:
"I will chew your eyelids off for this!":smallfurious:
"I'm getting too old for this nonsense. Go bug someone else."
"Whatever your plan was, it was flawed."
"Didn't they tell you? I am GOD here!"

Let me know if you use one, and how it went.

byaku rai
2011-07-07, 07:02 PM
"I was like you once. I still believed that people were good at heart, that if you showed them the right path they would follow it because it's the right thing to do. I have since been shown the folly of that philosophy. They must be forced to do the right thing, fighting every step of the way. That is what I do here. And you, with all your hollow righteousness, will not stop me."
-- Paladin turned Paladin of Tyranny BBEG

"Nothing you do will matter now. Nothing you have done has ever mattered. At the end of time, when the stars freeze in the heavens and the Great Wheel shatters, and the gods lose their final battle with the Void, who will remember your name? Who will care of you or what you've done? No. You are nothing, as you have always been, as you always will be. But I have mastered the dark, and the Void is my servant. I will remake the world, make it better, and all will tremble at my name, for all of time."

Nachtritter
2011-07-07, 07:58 PM
"SAY HELLO TO GOODBYE, HEROES!"

*Slams on button to death ray*

God, I love Mutants and Masterminds.

Cerlis
2011-07-07, 08:35 PM
Boooooonnneeeee Stooooooorm!

zyborg
2011-07-07, 08:54 PM
My sister loves the show "The Penguins of Madagascar", and shared this quote with me.

"This is the last you'll see of me!" ..."I mean, this is the last you will see of anything!"

KingofMadCows
2011-07-07, 09:27 PM
"I hope your blade is as sharp as your wit."

"I did not expect you to survive so long. I have been forced to withdraw funds from my other operations to deal with you, and I so despise going over budget."

"I have no interest in conquest or tyranny. Such actions would only bring the ire of others upon me. Instead, I plan to survive and my empire will endure the ages. Long after the other kingdoms have crumbled and after whatever nations that are built atop their ashes have faded into dust, my empire will remain and I will be right here on my throne."

DragonOfUndeath
2011-07-07, 09:35 PM
"You are like glass, so fragile." Followed by a Sonic attack or Shatter spell

"What better way to maintain everything than to freeze it? The world will be captured in the beauty of silence, the beauty of the still." *Epic Time Stop*

Das Platyvark
2011-07-07, 09:45 PM
"It's been such a long time. I'm going to have so much fun..."
-The Sleeper, a giant, incredibly before humanoid caster imprisoned beneath the earth in aeons past....

GoatToucher
2011-07-07, 11:36 PM
"Feast of Flesh for the Beast of Flesh!"

slaydemons
2011-07-07, 11:49 PM
I am just going to link these boss quotes here Like a boss (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192996)

Vemynal
2011-07-08, 02:52 AM
Die Dr. Venture!

the players then had a fit of giggles at the reference while we had the PCs act confused as to why the BBEG (yes, dressed and themed like a butterfly. Although it was only for this appearance) was talking to no one

Mercenary Pen
2011-07-08, 09:27 AM
"If your blade is as sharp as your wit, then I have nothing to fear."

king.com
2011-07-08, 09:40 AM
"I've got better things to do tonight than die."

Maximus:Ranger
2011-07-08, 11:09 AM
"Oh please don't scream...not yet. Save the screaming for the scarab pits so everyone can hear."

Spoken by Drexel priest of Orcus. My players thought they had killed him but he had just reappered with a silver mask on and one of my players began freaking out and he covered his mouth and spoke that line.

DiBastet
2011-07-08, 12:47 PM
"Is that all you got? Seriously?" -said by a Hobgoblin master of the Iron Heart.

"Raaaage, feeeaaarr, deeeeeeeeeeeeeeath!" -Said by a crazy dwarf ranger cultist of the mad god of slaughter, against a party of only humans (guess his favorite enemy).

"Your intentions seem noble, however they are not. You are misguided, and I am right." -Soldier of the silver crusade.

"What is a [insert here]? A miserable little pile of [insert here]! But enough talk, have at you!" -To begin combat.

DiBastet
2011-07-08, 01:03 PM
"Is that all you got? Seriously?" -said by a Hobgoblin master of the Iron Heart.

"Raaaage, feeeaaarr, deeeeeeeeeeeeeeath!" -Said by a crazy dwarf ranger cultist of the mad god of slaughter, against a party of only humans (guess his favorite enemy).

"Your intentions seem noble, however they are not. You are misguided, and I am right." -Soldier of the silver crusade.

"What is a [insert here]? A miserable little pile of [insert here]! But enough talk, have at you!" -To begin combat.

DeafnotDumb
2011-07-08, 02:55 PM
"Oh, I can't do it! I can't kill a man!" [turn to minion] "Jonesy, kill this man."

"I am an ambassador. This is not the first time I've had swords to my throat."

"Bored."

"You killed my X!"
"I'm a VERY BUSY MAN! I can't be expected to remember everything."

BinaryMage
2011-07-08, 06:11 PM
"I really wish I'd get a challenging fight once in awhile"

"Taste my +7 holy vorpal shock human bane cold iron bastard sword!"

"You puny mortals are far out of your league"

"Ah, it has been a long time since I've had a good meal"

"Your light will be vanquished by my darkness"

Realms of Chaos
2011-07-08, 08:47 PM
"Why should I care/"Sadly, I don't seem to care"/"nope...still don't care"

That line works for just about every situation. Whether rebuffing a PCs very valid point, dismissing a setback of any size to their plans, or even when being stabbed and gutted, this line (or some variant) can make for a scarily apathetic villain. For extra points, add a single "Ooooh... now I get it" at the end.

Marillion
2011-07-09, 12:10 AM
"Stop. Now repeat what you were going to say, but this time precede it with the phrase 'due to our woeful incompetence...'" (when berating a minion for the PCs' success):smallannoyed:
Brilliant.

"Calm down, men, it's just a love bite, nothing more." -Marquis Francois des Gaulles, upon being stabbed in the stomach by the woman he kidnapped and "married".
Yes, that does mean Frenchman from France.

"Now nephew, I suggest you get started on an heir. Your girlfriend is just down the hall."
"No."
"Fine! Then I'll get started on an heir! Your girlfriend is just down the hall!" -Evil Uncle

paladinofshojo
2011-07-09, 01:15 AM
I find that an ideal villian would be a mixture of Laconic Wit and Masterful Speaches.

"The Gods are angry with your conduct!! And I am here to smite you on their behalf"-hero

"Ohh, so who are you? The Messenger Boy? Tell them that I'm about to take their place"-villian

*Finding that his political rivals are still alive even after he killed them*

"What?! Doesn't anyone stay dead anymore?"-Villian

*After being pissed off*

"YOUR PAIN SHALL BE LEGENDARY!!!"-Villian

Ya Ta Hey!
2011-07-09, 01:25 AM
"You have been fired upon." ~Space station, after nearly one-shotting a PC with a railgun.

"Jagshemash! H'let me give you autographs!" ~Borat themed enemy using pen-gun.

"...*Burp*" ~Upon being ambushed while eating lunch

":smallamused: Welcome Aboard" ~Captain of ship the PC's were boarding. Immediately set about laying down the law.

alchemyprime
2011-07-09, 02:20 AM
"Oh dear, you seem to have caught me. If only I were trained in illusions of some kind..."

Before the mirror image dissolved.

Gettles
2011-07-09, 05:43 AM
"Now then. Let's do some science!" mad scientist type before testing out his homemade electroshock machine.

Ardent
2011-07-09, 10:28 AM
Spoken by an insane elven monarch seeking complete magical power. "The World will bow before me! No man or deity can stand in my way." *Runs away*
He was the major antagonist of my short eight level campaign. :smallbiggrin: He eventually ended up reformed, but my players sent him to the Nine Hells because he caused them too much trouble. The elf said that line about six times.

Ravens_cry
2011-07-09, 10:42 AM
A particularly evil thing to do is for at least one protagonist to have, shall we say, a pre-existing relationship with the BBEG, been orphaned by, had their home town/kingdom wiped out/subjugated by said BBEG. Have it all build up for this tremendous revenge theme, making the player(s) ache with desperate need for a one on one confrontation, having them call out the antagonist on his vile act of wretchedness . . .and pull a "For me it was Tuesday (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlhOUyy4wbs)."
Done right, your name will live on in infamy.

TARDIS
2011-07-09, 02:40 PM
My best BBEG was a Ravenloft villain... a human tinkerer who got lost in the moorlands and stumbled upon an ancient ruin of an advanced race, where he basically ended up having an 'antilife equation' downloaded into his head - a set of two functions, one which when applied kills the target outright, the other, when used, brings them under the mental domination of the equation's master. When used together - zombies! Being that his specialty was making clockwork music boxes, he ended up devising a way to express the equation through his boxes, and tested it out (unfortunately, his first test killed his family... and then when confronted by neighbours, he proceeded to kill and animate them, and then the whole town, just to be safe. It's Ravenloft, what did you expect.)

Anyhow, the PCs became involved investigating the town's disappearance, and spent the campaign trying to piece things together... and when they got close, I'd put on music like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGiDlQyodUc&feature=related) - of course, me being a big user of BGMs, didn't really stand out at first, though by the end, some were catching on to the idea that the tune meant that the tinkerer had been around.

And so they eventually found his current lair - a small cabin absolutely filled with spinning gears and clockwork, and I let this tune (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV2-oHi6RIU&feature=related) play, and had the players save vs. antilife (fudge roll, they all made it 'by the skin of their teeth' due to earlier actions). Players all finally connected the music to the BBEG's plan, and found they were a bit too late... the BBEG had brought one of the local barons to his home, and dominated him, and used that to be featured at the duke's Harvest Ball in the capital city. So, they race to the city, arrive on the night of the Harvest Ball... and while half the party helps to fight off the zombies that had been unleashed on the guard, the other half run into the palace, where they finally come face-to-face with the tinkerer.

The PCs break in through the main door, and into the main hall of the duke's palace, where the shocked crowd turn around to face them. And then, at the top of the stairs, stands the tinkerer in front of a pipe organ. A few moments of silence, and then "No need for introductions. I think you're well aware of who I am, and I certainly know who you are. Indeed, I think we've come to know each other very well over the past few months. So come in, come in. And witness my ultimate symphony (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jUZfofhhV0&feature=related)."

And then three rounds later, the artificer bursts through the window with an alchemical jetpack and tackles the tinkerer down the grand staircase. Ahh, if the players hadn't one upped me there, I'm certain that would have been the most memorable part of the entire campaign :P

Also, in my earlier relic-hunter campaign, had a rival band of hunters, whose leader was basically a smug snake minor noble who just oozed cliches. And he started every conversation with "So we meet again!" I hadn't noticed that, but one of the players pointed it out, and it became his 'thing'... to the point of saying it not 30 seconds after leaving the PCs to die in a trap, only to have them escape and pop up in front of him. I found it rather amusing :smallwink:

Malfunctioned
2011-07-09, 03:05 PM
I've got a few.

Superhero game, villain spreads poison and disease and is currently holding a hero captured in his lair, chained up on the wall.
"What's the matter? Feeling ill?"

Hero: "You've killed hundreds of innocent people!"
Villain: "I have? Oh dear, what have I done?!? I'm a monster! I so very sorry, how can I ever be forgiven? I will change my ways from this day- Oh wait. I'm evil." *turns to minions* "Kill them."

Sci-Fi game, villain is the CEO of a massive interstellar company.
"[Insert instrument used to kill (robots, lasers, spaceships, deathtraps)] Brought to you by Galatec Enterprises! Shop smart, shop Galatec!"
Almost always delivered by hologram, the players wanted to murder him long before he even knew of them.

Fantasy, Doppleganger mastermind that needed to steal flesh to transform into others.
"Nice skin, though I think I can wear it better."

Cyrion
2011-07-09, 08:27 PM
A demon was a recurring foe for a party I was GM for. After wounding the fighter (and licking his claws) in the party on the first combat, the demon always announced his presence after teleporting in by saying, "Hello, lunch."

Togath
2011-07-10, 02:16 AM
Said by the first bbeg of my current campaign(who the players hadn't known about until near the end of the dungeon[which took them from level 1 to level 7 by the end]) after the PCs rushed to the center of the nearby town(which was burning at the time because of his attempts to get revenge),“So you’ve come to stop my resurrection?, probably not, from the looks of you, you were merely after my minions, well, now that you have come this far I can’t very well let you live”
(the PCs had originally been hired to clear out a bandit problem in the hills but it ended up morphing into defeating an evil cult and slaying their resurrected leader)

Ardent
2011-07-10, 05:24 AM
A current BBEG of mine in a Fourth edition D&D game, an Eladrin general who dabbles with Far Realm magic, the players are currently just learning about his evilness, they were working for him before, whenever he would meet with them to offer a quest or reward he would spout "Ah, friends! Sit down, do you want some tea? Is (His enemy) Rawin dead yet?" Or something along those lines.
When they end up in combat I intend Rawin to join them. "Ah, 'friends'. Sit down, stay there, want some poison?" He'll then proceed to equip a bow with poison arrows. :smallbiggrin:

Pokonic
2011-07-10, 09:19 PM
A current BBEG of mine in a Fourth edition D&D game, an Eladrin general who dabbles with Far Realm magic, the players are currently just learning about his evilness, they were working for him before, whenever he would meet with them to offer a quest or reward he would spout "Ah, friends! Sit down, do you want some tea? Is (His enemy) Rawin dead yet?" Or something along those lines.
When they end up in combat I intend Rawin to join them. "Ah, 'friends'. Sit down, stay there, do you want some poison?" He'll then proceed to equip a bow with poison arrows.

Awsome, but if he dabbles with the far realm,wouldent it be better if he said
"Ah, 'friends'. Sit down, stay there, do you want some TENTICALS!" Than discibe him glowing with unearthy light,make him float,and give him tenticals growing out of his back.

Rixx
2011-07-10, 09:41 PM
Simply the name of the party leader, shouted with as much hammy vile silent movie villain hatred as you can muster.

Theodoriph
2011-07-10, 10:48 PM
"Heeeeeere's Johnny!"

Dienekes
2011-07-10, 11:00 PM
"Cookie?"

One of my earliest villains was an elderly kindly old woman who would appear in every city the players went to, offering them cookies a free place to stay and advice pointing them toward powerful villains. They then uncovered bit by bit the plot of the evil old witch who was steadily gaining power and destroying her enemies around the kingdom.

Eventually the players put two and two together and went to her home to question her, but acted like everything was normal until they were sure.

She poisoned the cookies.

Kyuu Himura
2011-07-10, 11:38 PM
"I had thought you a fool with no grasp of the situation, but I was mistaken, you know you cannot defeat me, yet you fight, because you must. I admire such willpower. But some things cannot be achieved with willpower alone" .- Lawful Evil Hexblade who then proceeds to slit the throat of the hero in a manga I draw/manga game I'm running.

Later him and said hero had the next exchange
Hero: I want you to start over Kiryum, take this time to think where is your life going. I am sick and tired of cutting the message in your body man. Think, see where it got Wilhelm. In the end... I want you to save yourself. It's the only way you can be dealt with without killing you. You know only violence, that's why violence won't work on you... but you have the choice. Get up. Get ovet this. Get over me.

Bad guy: I will get over you. OVER YOUR ROTTING CORPSE!! AND YOUR FRIENDS!! AND YOUR GIRLFRIEND!! I WILL DESTROY YOU!! I SWEAR!!!

Ertwin
2011-07-11, 12:58 AM
"I've missed you....allow me to re-adjust my aim."

Ganurath
2011-07-11, 01:04 AM
My BBEG doesn't so much have a catchphrase as a speaking style: He nonchalantly works horrific revelations into casual conversation, such as how he designed an entire corridor of his six mile radius headquarters to receive the PCs, or that the undead campaign of genocide was because of a combination of PC actions in the campaign before I took over and him being distracted by efforts to develop a fluffier pancake. My PCs have never been so outraged and so satisfied as when they first encountered the Deathless King.

Callos_DeTerran
2011-07-11, 01:57 AM
I remember a particularly memorable one during the one time I ran a pre-epic game for a rather large party (all level 19 and some quite bizarre) in what was almost a one-shot.

They had taken refuge in an abandoned temple when a planar rift had opened in the sky, disgorging tons of demons into the world and they had already fought at least three balors and a khulchir without any chance for rest so they were a little on edge for what was going to be coming next. That's when the BBEG of the session rode up, a cancerous looking man in ratty robes riding a nightmare. After flaming demons, he didn't really seem that threatening so they focused on the lesser demons behind him until he got into the temple and threw off his cloak.

He was a fallen deva (I forget which type) Cancer Mage, riddled with various diseases, some homebrew but all incredibly virulent and waded into melee combat. His strength had been boosted above and beyond what it should have been (but not to unreasonable levels) so Tiberius was laying down as serious a beating as he was getting in return all the while forcing mysterious Fort. saves on the PCs every round (that none thought to ask why about, they thought he had an aura type effect). Finally, when brought down to 5 hit points, he had a villainous breakdown of monumental proportions and went stark raving mad as they watched...until one of them failed a Fort. save to avoid contracting...well...him. I had modified the Cancer Mage's abilities a little so they constantly exuded an aura of disease and if they infected an enemy then they could, as a free action, disappear into the afflicted foe. It lead to this glorious exchange...

Tiberius: "I have seen stars crafted from the desires of nascent godlings! I watched the fall of my brothers and knew the truest despair! Only I am fit to cleanse this corrupted sphere of it's accursed life! I WILL LEAD YOU ALL INTO THE PUREST DAMNATION FOR DARING TO SLAY..."
PC Sorcerer: *Coughs*
Tiberius: "Oh dear, feeling a little sick are we?"

Disappeared into the sorcerer and possessed him, the PCs were utterly horrified at what had just happened and had no idea what to do...sadly that game never continued

Another was in my IRL Dragonmech game, the one player (out of three) had separated to investigate the ruins of their old kabuto with some of another PC's followers and had sent them in to investigate except they didn't come back out so he, the monk, went in after them. Found one alive (with his eyes ripped out) and the others...dead so he was a bit spooked as he wandered about the engine room trying to find out what had done it. And all he kept hearing was HSSSSS Ksh HSSSSS Ksh from somewhere close by, and the monk knew enough about steam engines to know it was too small to be the kabuto so he was trying to find the source. Just kept hearing HSSSS Kshhh until finally he found the source but couldn't see anything and turned to leave. Right before he did, a metaphorical lightbulb went up and he used an item to see invisibility...to reveal the 6 1/2 tall lunarborg holding a bloodied steam axe in hand standing right in front of him.

One disarm check later and the monk had lost and arm and was frantically trying to get the hell out of there with the noise HSSS Kshhhh behind him telling him that he was still getting chased until he made it out into the sunlight.

....sometimes you don't need words to be memorable.

Ravens_cry
2011-07-11, 06:44 AM
Simply the name of the party leader, shouted with as much hammy vile silent movie villain hatred as you can muster.

How do you shout something like a silent movie villain?:smallconfused:
Hold up a light-on-dark title card with the party leaders name in a 72 point font with dramatic organ music in the background?

Volthawk
2011-07-11, 06:48 AM
Hold up a light-on-dark title card with the party leaders name in a 72 point font with dramatic organ music in the background?

Yes. That is all.

Eldan
2011-07-11, 06:49 AM
And lightning.

Also, I'll do this next Skype session.

Ravens_cry
2011-07-11, 07:09 AM
Yes. That is all.
Wow, huh, I never would have called that.

The Glyphstone
2011-07-11, 09:53 AM
Evil telepath/enchanter: "A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I think I'll borrow yours."

Ardent
2011-07-12, 04:34 AM
Awsome, but if he dabbles with the far realm,wouldent it be better if he said
"Ah, 'friends'. Sit down, stay there, do you want some TENTICALS!" Than discibe him glowing with unearthy light,make him float,and give him tenticals growing out of his back.

I intend the unearthly light, the tentacles should come in later. He's mostly just a Ranger Multi-Classed with star warlock right now, the Far Realm magic is pretty much just a hobby of his. When the players end up defeating him I would say he would return to do something horrible like turn them into Foulspawn or worse. I'll add more tentacles given the whole Far Realm thing.

P.S.
Here in Arkham Tentacles get into everything eventually. TENTACLES!

panaikhan
2011-07-12, 07:29 AM
Hero: "You've killed hundreds of innocent people!"
Villain: "I have? Oh dear, what have I done?!? I'm a monster! I so very sorry, how can I ever be forgiven? I will change my ways from this day- Oh wait. I'm evil." *turns to minions* "Kill them."

I so love that one :smallbiggrin:

As for my own, my BBEG's don't tend to say much. The only one that did, got interrupted as he was berrating the party. his response was:
"How DARE you interrupt my monologging! People have DIED for less! Actually... that's not a bad idea..."

SleepyShadow
2011-07-12, 10:49 AM
I've had a few good ones over the years. Here's a few that I remember:

"I will never ... be a memory." (BBEG's dying words.)

"I walk a lonely road strewn with corpses to see a better world. A world where something like me does not exist. Why do you fight, hero, if not for your own pride and glory?"

"This is what I get for hiring cheap minions. *sigh* Oh well."

One of my favorites was this, but it needs a little set-up first for me to present it. The PCs had slugged their way through the dungeon and arrived at the throne room to find a man on the throne. He was dressed exactly like all of the guards they had killed except for a large billowy cape.

When he died in one round, the players were a little disappointed until the door to the right opened up and a foppish elf man came out of the kitchen and nearly dropped his salad at the sight of the PCs. He ignored their questions and rushed straight over to the man they had just killed and checked for a pulse (despite the fact that he had about six arrows sticking out of his chest).

Ranger PC: "What, did you know him?"

Elf: "Yes, he was one of the guards. Poor Johnathan."

Druid PC: "Wait, he was just a guard?"

Elf: "Yes. Silly little man DID like to sit in my chair when I was out. I guess he liked my cloaks, too."

Bard PC: "Wait, your cloak?"

Elf: "Yes. Oh dear, I think you stained it."

That was when the elf BBEG got off 6d6 sneak attack damage with a punch dagger and dropped the wizard. :smallbiggrin:

enderlord99
2011-07-12, 03:57 PM
"-portyouwinthisroundtele-"

OrchestraHc
2011-07-12, 07:55 PM
Stealing one from a show I like but...
"That makes me really angry. I'll bet my face looks it, right?" asked sincerely with a manic smile.

Pokonic
2011-07-12, 10:31 PM
During a one-shot session we had going on, there where 2 main villens. One was a epic wizerd/blackgard, and the other one was his right hand man,a crazy epic bard. The wizerd/blackgard was a self-styled planer overlord,ready to expand his domain to the pcs realm. During the seemingly final battle where he is attempting to use a very powerful divine artifact thats native to the realm to accend to godhood. Near the end, he gave this speech

'Even Gods and Titans with cosmic power and vast dominion cannot compare with an man filled with the power of an Overgod!'

Afterwich he gets shanked by his bard sidekick. Who than precides to take the gem, swallows it and than precides to say this
...Life...Dreams...Hope...

Where do they come from?

And where do they go?

None of that junk is enough to fulfill your hearts!

Destruction...

Destruction is what makes creation worth ruling!

Destroy! Destroy! Destroy!

I shall destroy everything!

Than I turned this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=donXSOHWtDM&feature=related) on and everyone relised what they where dealing with. It was a great ending fight to a great session. And it was great to see the looks on there faces.:smallwink:

Ardent
2011-07-12, 11:34 PM
During a one-shot session we had going on, there where 2 main villens. One was a epic wizerd/blackgard, and the other one was his right hand man,a crazy epic bard. The wizerd/blackgard was a self-styled planer overlord,ready to expand his domain to the pcs realm. During the seemingly final battle where he is attempting to use a very powerful divine artifact thats native to the realm to accend to godhood. Near the end, he gave this speech

'Even Gods and Titans with cosmic power and vast dominion cannot compare with an man filled with the power of an Overgod!'

Afterwich he gets shanked by his bard sidekick. Who than precides to take the gem, swallows it and than precides to say this
...Life...Dreams...Hope...

Where do they come from?

And where do they go?

None of that junk is enough to fulfill your hearts!

Destruction...

Destruction is what makes creation worth ruling!

Destroy! Destroy! Destroy!

I shall destroy everything!

Than I turned this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=donXSOHWtDM&feature=related) on and everyone relised what they where dealing with. It was a great ending fight to a great session. And it was great to see the looks on there faces.:smallwink:

Did the Bard wear a clown suit? :smalltongue:
Off topic I actually intended to use the same music with that Monarch seeking to become a Nexus of magic. :smallbiggrin:
I suppose that's just my unoriginality showing.

Acero
2011-07-13, 02:03 AM
Having the BBEG walk up to the PC's at the front door of his estate. (don't know what he looks like, just that he's blonde and sleeps most of the day.)

BK: Hi, nice to meet you. The name's BK *put out hand*

Knight PC: sir, what are you doing out here? This area is no place for someone your age.

BK: Well here I was going to be nice. Who has two thumbs and really wants you dead now? *stabs with a Gnomish quickrazor* I lied about being blonde.

My plan was a slow acting poison, as a way to put them on the clock. Instead, triple 20. My one-shot one-life dungeon crawl had to be turned into an entire campaign because they were too afraid to enter the estate.

Good times :smallcool:

Pokonic
2011-07-13, 08:24 AM
Did the Bard wear a clown suit?
Off topic I actually intended to use the same music with that Monarch seeking to become a Nexus of magic.
I suppose that's just my unoriginality showing.

Yes,he was wearing a clown suit,and my PCs kicked themselves when they relised what who he was a expy of.

Nah, its not originality that matters, its a good taste in music!:smallwink:

SleepyShadow
2011-07-13, 09:51 AM
As typical of villains, have the BBEG give his villain's exposition to the PCs. Then, when they threaten to stop him, have the villain say this:

"I am not some fairy tale villain. I would not be telling you all of this if you had any chance of stopping me. I already succeeded 35 minutes ago."

Mixt
2011-07-13, 07:29 PM
Here's something i picked up from a story i read somewhere on the Internet.

The following echoes through your head while facing down the giant monster.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!

YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG!
TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG!
SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!

YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!

HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

Rhyming giant monster, wonderful.

And then there's the way the monster in question is described.

He glanced down in time to see white.

Teeth—long, narrow, sharp—as big as ancient redwood trees.

Then the mouth registered...and the head. He felt time slow around him, just so he could fully comprehend what he stared at. And it was only the head for nothing else could possibly fit within his vision. It emerged from the abyss, remnants of orange-tainted smoke spilling between its teeth.

And the way it's voice is described.

No sooner had that thought passed his mind, undoubtedly shared by his companions, did something happen. A voice rose and ricocheted off every rock and scale, blooming from the very pores of the mountain, filling the silence with something far worse.

[Snip]

It could have been female; it could have been melodious or broken, chimeful or discordant. He couldn't categorize it. It was there, and it was immoral.

Those descriptions of the creature along with the lines it utters and the rhyming...:smalleek: (The fact that it can speak in rhyme so effortlessly carries certain implications, i'm sure you figure it out if you think about it for a moment)

So...anybody want to have a try at fighting that thing?

Necroticplague
2011-07-13, 08:10 PM
"Either I am a god, in which case this body doesn't matter, or I'm a mortal, in which case this life isn't worth living anymore. Either way, I'm dragging all of you into the Abyss with me."

Then proceeds to activate a locate city bomb and plane shift the entire room into the abyss at the same time.

Raimun
2011-07-13, 08:30 PM
Krhm...

I'll flay you all alive! (for martial and psychotic villains)

Originality doesn't matter? Then most things said by Metal Gear Solid-villains, such as:

"The flames of my rage will incinerate you!" (do I need to explain?)

"Laugh with me!" (messed up villains)

"Hurry. Kill me, please!" (ditto)

"It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it." (obvious)

"Foolish man. He prayed for death, and it found him." (villain killed some mentor figure or such)

"Because you enjoy the killing, that's why!" (closing to a Hannbal Lecture)

"I've been inside this arm all along, waiting for the right time to awaken!" (explaining "Nale... esque"(?) plans)

"Snake! It's not over yet!" (You thought he was dead. You were wrong.)

... Basically, anything Liquid says, ever. But not everything by Liquid Ocelot.

ZeroGear
2011-07-25, 11:07 AM
Said by a (surprisingly well preserved) lich after kidnapping a princess:
"Too late heroes! I have already taken the maidens virginity! My child shall be the greatest General of Darkness in any plane! You shall not live to see the day, bit I will, prepare for oblivion!"

Said by a villain wearing Tight leather armor before entering combat:
"Please be gentle."

Same villain, after getting hit with a sword:
"Yes, yes! Harder! Hit me again!"

This other time:
"I must leave now. Don't bother following, as you may be a little stuck at the moment."
The party then realized that the floor was covered with sovereign glue.

By a psychotic mass murderer:
"I hear you have a heart of gold. May I see?"

Notreallyhere77
2011-07-25, 05:19 PM
By a psychotic mass murderer:
"I hear you have a heart of gold. May I see?"

I am SO stealing this. Thank you.

Acanous
2011-07-25, 06:20 PM
"One on the left, Five rounds, Rapid"
said by the BBGG to his cohort.

SiuiS
2011-07-25, 11:40 PM

Donyou realize the amount of effort I'm going to have to go through to set this up now?

It's going to be magical.

I've had a few good ones over the years. One of my favorites was this, but it needs a little set-up first for me to present it. The PCs had slugged their way through the dungeon and arrived at the throne room to find a man on the throne. He was dressed exactly like all of the guards they had killed except for a large billowy cape.

When he died in one round, the players were a little disappointed until the door to the right opened up and a foppish elf man came out of the kitchen and nearly dropped his salad at the sight of the PCs. He ignored their questions and rushed straight over to the man they had just killed and checked for a pulse (despite the fact that he had about six arrows sticking out of his chest).

Ranger PC: "What, did you know him?"

Elf: "Yes, he was one of the guards. Poor Johnathan."

Druid PC: "Wait, he was just a guard?"

Elf: "Yes. Silly little man DID like to sit in my chair when I was out. I guess he liked my cloaks, too."

Bard PC: "Wait, your cloak?"

Elf: "Yes. Oh dear, I think you stained it."

That was when the elf BBEG got off 6d6 sneak attack damage with a punch dagger and dropped the wizard. :smallbiggrin:

This one, less set up. More fun.

-

I haven't used it yet, but I have a knife fighter, Reznov, with a cheesy Russian accent. He's set up to survive until -14 hp, and any time he takes damage down to -10 or lower, he gets a fort save to stabilize. Same for instant death effects. He's going to be the best thorn in the party's side ever.

Planned speeches;

"kill them all! But capture the general. And the pretty girl, the redhead."
> responds with 'im no a girl'
" and you aren't pretty either. I will make due."

If a PC makes use of his Murky Eyed flaw;
"Hey! Stop moving! I can't hit you."
> response such as 'im not moving'
"and I still can't hit you! Is cheating!"

Upon being rediscovered, the whole "we killed you" thing;
"Eh. I got better. But feels like I had too much vodka and some of mama's bad goulash. My belly, she is the cranky."

If the pattern holds, calling non-manly guys pretty girls, and complaining about poor sportsmanship (while sneak-attacking), and complaining about iritable bowels should cement Reznov as a memorable villain.

Here's something i picked up from a story i read somewhere on the Internet.

The following echoes through your head while facing down the giant monster.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!

YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG!
TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG!
SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!

YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!

HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

Rhyming giant monster, wonderful.

And then there's the way the monster in question is described.

And the way it's voice is described.

Those descriptions of the creature along with the lines it utters and the rhyming...:smalleek: (The fact that it can speak in rhyme so effortlessly carries certain implications, i'm sure you figure it out if you think about it for a moment)

So...anybody want to have a try at fighting that thing?

Dr paradox
2011-07-26, 02:30 AM
"Look upon my works, ye mighty, and Dispair." said by a gleefully evil witch who just released whole bunch of flesh-based constructs to slow down the heroes. unfortunately, they weren't able to stop the ritual she was working on to make a pretty much unkillable engine of destruction. It punches through the Box she was animating it inside of, and...
"Forget what I said earlier. I think this is the part where you dispair."

"Ice iz NOTHING to ze power of my HATE!!"

Can I second that love of mutants and Masterminds? except specifically citing WWII Mutants and masterminds?

"You are a rogue element in this scenario. I'm afraid that you must be dealt with." The quote that named my D&D game's adventuring party. long live The Rogue Element!

veven
2011-07-27, 05:40 PM
My new personal favorite, not technically from a BBEG but a neutral leader of a sometimes rival, sometimes allied party.

The player's party and the and the NPC party were both trapped in a demi-plane created by a group of Yuan-Ti cultists.

In the middle of a 3-way battle between both parties and the cult the leader of the NPC party yells, "I've had it with these mother****ing Snakes on this mother********ing plane."

Brauron
2011-07-27, 05:51 PM
In my Call of Cthulhu campaigns, whenever Nyarlathotep appears (he always finds the PCs' efforts amusing and thus, sticks around to watch, sometimes offering them hints and advice -- even when they're working against his plans) he always introduces himself to the party with the words, "Please allow me to introduce myself...I am a man of wealth and taste."

In one game which did not use the established Cthulhu Mythos but was instead built on real-world UFO conspiracy lore, he became known to the party as The Man of Wealth and Taste. And they were pants-crappingly terrified of him, because while on the one hand he was blaise and apathetic, answering all their questions with a maddening "Well, what do you think?" if they defied him he'd cause terrifying things to happen (a TV exploded and sprayed blood and guts on a PC when she refused to answer her cell phone when he called, blood and guts that then coalesced into The Man of Wealth and Taste) while at the same time never raising his voice or giving any outward indication of anger.

That campaign ended with a "gotcha!" ending where it was revealed that one of the PCs had been a figment of the other two's imaginations, and those two had hallucinated the entire campaign while sitting in a sanitarium after receiving a near-fatal dose of an experimental sleep-aid in the first session. The Man of Wealth and Taste was in fact their unconscious minds' rendering of their attending physician.

Dr.Epic
2011-07-27, 05:53 PM
I have a PhD in Epicness!

Knaight
2011-07-27, 06:26 PM
"Unfortunately, my creator ordered me to kill your entire group. I'm going to come back in five minutes, you all go your own ways in that time, and whoever wants to die for their friends can come back here."

"I'm sorry. Its nothing personal, but orders are orders."

"I've been instructed not to just leave you for dead this time. Sorry."

slaydemons
2011-07-27, 06:26 PM
to join in on this I am going to quote what I would die to hear a evil guy say, of course he is taking over the world or doing something but you get the point

"I always thought the world desired change." with him slowly advancing on the party

Dr.Epic
2011-07-27, 06:37 PM
"Remember how I said I'd kill you last?"

Axinian
2011-07-27, 06:52 PM
"Since when were you under the impression that I wasn't in control of this world?"

http://images.wikia.com/bleach/en/images/c/cf/Pre-Defection_Aizen.jpg
Problem PCs?

Thyrian
2011-07-27, 10:25 PM
"You don't seem to understand, the mere fact you came here means I've won, whether I live or die the idea was powerful enough that you came to stop it and here's the clincher children- the idea was never mine."

Dr.Epic
2011-07-27, 11:03 PM
This wins:

Do it? Dan, I'm not a Republic Serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

Marillion
2011-07-28, 12:22 AM
Attached to a poisoned arrow/some other projectile weapon that has hurt or nearly hurt a PC:

"Strong message to follow."

Every time this happens, an attempt is made on their lives, sent by the BBEG.

Bonus points if one of the notes is written in Explosive Runes.

ZeroGear
2011-07-28, 01:34 AM
By a summoner who always imbunes his creatures with the fatal flame spell (crature explodes if it is killed):
"Please don't fight back, by beasts tend to be a bit tempermental when hurt"

By a similarly explosion loving shaper who uses the beetle-like astral consruct:
"Art is a BANG! UGH!"

By a more comedic villain:
"Come to the dark side, we have cokies!"

By a vengeful villain who is somehow gettiong away:
"You win this round heroes. But I swear, by the blood of a thousand innoscent sacrifices, once I rebuild my dominion, I will slaughter your spuses, gut your children, burn your homes to the ground, and then shoot your dogs!"

Cerlis
2011-07-28, 03:54 AM
I am SO stealing this. Thank you.

I think it works better if there is a pause and, with his/her voice turning suddenly gutteral and psychotic they say "SHOW IT TO ME!" as they throw a weapon or attack with one.

-------------------------

Well these are quotes, not "catchphrases" (since a catchphrase is repeatable) but i loved all these.

Weapons are merely a convenience for a warrior of my skill! (after disarmed)

Another trophy to add to my collection!

---------------
Your behavior will not be tolerated. (when starting fight)

Your impurity must be cleansed. (Holy fire)

Impure thoughts lead to profane actions. (said with dismay if she kils a player)
---------------
(starting fight)Who are you? What do you want?! Stay away from me! (Start fight with ghost)
Back to the cold dark with you!
I'll freeze you all!( both pretty mundane statements, but i guess with the right tone...)
Yes, yes, my son is quite powerful... but I have powers of my own!
Surely you would not deny an old man a replenishing drink? No, no I thought not.(sad after turning entire group temporarily harmless)
I want this nightmare to be over! (the fact this is done when a player dies, rather than just said randomly, i really like)

and for any who recognize these. yes, these are bosses from Karahzan in world of warcraft. and I happen to love the Shade of Aran fight.

My new personal favorite, not technically from a BBEG but a neutral leader of a sometimes rival, sometimes allied party.

The player's party and the and the NPC party were both trapped in a demi-plane created by a group of Yuan-Ti cultists.

In the middle of a 3-way battle between both parties and the cult the leader of the NPC party yells, "I've had it with these mother****ing Snakes on this mother********ing plane."

Not interested at all in the movie. but that was awesome timing.

shadow_archmagi
2011-07-28, 08:21 AM
I've been here before, I've stood where you stand-
They don't want a hero, they just want a martyr
A statue to raise

Mixt
2011-07-28, 08:25 AM
THWART ME ONCE, YOUR FORTUNE FINE!
TRY AGAIN—
YOUR SOULS...Are mine...

At the end of a chase scene.
You have just escaped the enemy, and that is the last thing you hear echoing through your mind before you get out of range of it's telepathy.

Pokonic
2011-07-28, 10:40 AM
'Sup, hows it going?' Said by a fighter who just killed all of the pcs family without them knowing it, the other time when he was a going to attack them directy.

Also, said by a moraly ambiguis necromancer.

"Who dies twice is twice born, and those who stop these brave men are vile fools who wish to see the deaths of thousands!''

Mixt
2011-07-30, 10:55 AM
"You miserable worm! You are worthy of nothing, i shall crush the life from your bones!"

Said the BBEG to his second-in-command after being betrayed.

In-fighting in the ranks of evil, will the party please pick a side?

Paseo H
2011-07-30, 07:07 PM
One of my major villains, basically imagine a psychopathic, borderline Complete Monster version of CC from Code Geass:

After making an enemy beg for their life for over a minute

"Technically, I never promised to actually spare your life..."*cue slasher smile*

Paseo H
2011-07-30, 09:37 PM
Also, the sociopathic android who drove said borderline CM over the Moral Event Horizon:

"Pity is so unbecoming."

Flame9006
2011-07-30, 11:02 PM
Actually from a video game but still fun
"Did i mention that I'm a god now?"
Works Especially well if they knew the villain before he did something to massively increase his power level

QuidEst
2011-07-31, 12:54 PM
"You're dust- you're just waiting to die." -Entity made up of dust and ashes looking to burn the world and feast on the soot and ash of the ruins.

"I have a way with people- Twitchy does away with people." -Charismatic bruiser of my dastardly duo, Twitchy and Scralt. Twitchy is a largely silent and highly efficient knife-thrower.

"We're not idiots, and we have something to say. Or rather, he's not an idiot, and I have something to say." -Scralt again. Just before delivering a successful resistance-is-useless, give-up-now speech.

"You want to make a difference in the world? Make things worse. That's how you get a difference, by subtracting something." -Maluvero, persuasive corruptor from the sidelines.

"I will break you- tear you down to the basest alchemical constituents of your being." -Just something I've always wanted to use.

"If it breathes, it burns." -Quote from MTG card.