PDA

View Full Version : Stating Madara as an epic level gestalt character...

Maho-Tsukai
2011-07-07, 11:46 AM
As the title says. I am looking to stat Uchiha Madara, the main villain of Naruto, as an epic level threat for a massive multi-crossover type of game and want your input. How would you stat uchiha Madara as a threatening, epic level gestalt character? I know that he must have at least one, if not more fullcaster class(es), to say the least.

DogbertLinc
2011-07-07, 12:05 PM
Well, he can't be neither a Wizard or an Archivist, since anyone with an Intelligence above 6 can see glaring flaws in that stupid moon plan.

Also, Lightning Warrior probably reflects the ridiculous shenanigans of having Uchiha as your last name in that series.

Kansaschaser
2011-07-07, 12:10 PM
Well, he can't be neither a Wizard or an Archivist, since anyone with an Intelligence above 6 can see glaring flaws in that stupid moon plan.

Also, Lightning Warrior probably reflects the ridiculous shenanigans of having Uchiha as your last name in that series.

Maybe Madara is a Charisma based caster. He certinly knows how to manipulate people, so a high Charisma would work in his favor.

On the other side of gestalt, I think he should be a Ninja (of course). Ninja's can become incoporeal, so that seems to fit Madara's profile.

Douglas
2011-07-07, 12:44 PM
I'm not sure about the rest of the character, but he should definitely have the One With Shadow 8th level maneuver from Shadow Hand. One round incorporeality as an immediate action is perfect for his your-attack-goes-through-me defense. Add some Ruby Knight Vindicator (the class even gets Shadow Hand, too, perfect fit!) and a lot of Turn attempts to get it usable frequently enough.

Most of the rest of his abilities will need some kind of spellcasting, possibly even epic spells.

Person_Man
2011-07-07, 01:28 PM
As someone who reads Naruto online on a weekly basis, it's my opinion that it's almost impossible to stat out most of the characters, especially in D&D. Ninja abilities don't really conform to any rules. They often go to great lengths to try and explain how things work. But then they turn around and break whatever rules they set up or add new abilities with no explanation.

Just try to explain what a Sharingan can do. It allows the user to copy any jutsu it sees (except bloodlines), control minds (including the 9 tails), create massive illusions, warp reality (including time and space), create black super fire, and probably other things I'm forgetting.

Tvtyrant
2011-07-07, 01:31 PM
Epic level Child of Shadows Shadow Caster that has a permanent Flicker ability. That is why he gets hit sometimes but very rarely; he occasionally fails his reflex save before he teleports away. It also explains all the shadow abilities he has and also why he is so weak in a straight fight.

Taelas
2011-07-07, 01:32 PM
We don't know a tenth of what Madara can even do yet... so probably smart to wait at least until Naruto has fought him.

The-Mage-King
2011-07-07, 01:37 PM
Hm... Sorcerer//Wilder, maybe? It would explain the lack of intellence, get the black fire, the ****ing with time and space, the black fire, the mind control, the prediction abilities, the reversing time for his arm, the illusions...

Add 6 levels of Swordsage onto the Sorc side, and you can get the maneuver that was spoken of, though there's probably a way for him to get multiple uses of it... Maybe Crusader on that side, with Martial Study, instead of Swordsage? And just continue with Wilder on the other half.

Hm... That seems about right.

Kansaschaser
2011-07-07, 01:45 PM
We don't know a tenth of what Madara can even do yet... so probably smart to wait at least until Naruto has fought him.

Madara probably won't ever directly face Naruto. He's going to use his "puppets" and Sauske to defeat Naruto.

darksolitaire
2011-07-07, 01:55 PM
Madara probably won't ever directly face Naruto. He's going to use his "puppets" and Sauske to defeat Naruto.

Genre-savvy readers know that Naruto will win. Shounen heroes have rather good plot saves.

Wouldn't psionics be better at representing Madara then magic? Psionics and Tashalatora on the other side, sorcerer based gish on the other side, add levels of swordsage every now and then to get manouvers.

darksolitaire
2011-07-07, 02:07 PM
Just try to explain what a Sharingan can do. It allows the user to copy any jutsu it sees (except bloodlines), control minds (including the 9 tails), create massive illusions, warp reality (including time and space), create black super fire, and probably other things I'm forgetting.

-Spell to Power Erudite
-Dominate-spells.
-Loads of illusion spells.
-Time Stops, Swiftblade 10th, immidiate (and other) action teleporting, flicker, blinkin, concealment, Madara we see is just illusion (atleast until he teleports to the stage).
-Shadow Casting, few other spells. (Lingering Flames, Black Fire?)

Other:
-Giant Size would be my favourite way of making Susano-o.
-Ocular Spell.
-Reality Maelstrom
-Izanagi, Cruel Disappointment?

But you're right. It would be impossible.

The-Mage-King
2011-07-07, 02:11 PM
-Spell to Power Erudite
-Dominate-spells.
-Loads of illusion spells.
-Time Stops, Swiftblade 10th, immidiate (and other) action teleporting, flicker, blinkin, concealment, Madara we see is just illusion (atleast until he teleports to the stage).
-Shadow Casting, few other spells. (Lingering Flames, Black Fire?)

Other:
-Giant Size would be my favourite way of making Susano-o.
-Ocular Spell.
-Reality Maelstrom

But you're right. It would be impossible.

Hm....

He can't be STP Erudite. It just isn't possible.

How about this build idea?

Sorcerer 15/Swiftblade 10/ Something (Probably Sorc) 2//Wilder 21/Crusader 6

Nets you: the time abilities, what I mentioned earlier, and so on.

Right?