PDA

View Full Version : Persona d20?

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-07-07, 11:50 AM
I'm curious, i there a Persona d20? I imagine a Binder fills the role any Persona character would, but I would like to see some Vestiges inspired by the games.
Does anybody have any or know where I could find some?

Thanks.

DraconicPaladin
2011-07-07, 11:52 AM
Well summoner (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner) fits from Pathfinder, but only a single persona. :smallwink:

BillyBobJoe
2011-07-07, 12:46 PM
We used tri-stat for our persona game.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-07-07, 02:49 PM
We used tri-stat for our persona game.

Could you clarify? I'm not sure what you mean by tri-stat.

KillianHawkeye
2011-07-07, 05:28 PM
It's a different game system. That is literally all I know about it.

Tengu_temp
2011-07-07, 05:43 PM
Mutants and Masterminds should work well here - I ran a M&M Persona game and the system worked alright. Elemental weaknesses and resistances are easy to use and thanks to Alternate Powers you can switch between several arrays, representing different personas. DND would be a terrible system for Persona.

Gensh
2011-07-07, 06:39 PM
Yeah, generally speaking, D&D doesn't lend itself to the Persona style of play. One important thing to remember, though, is that summoning the Persona is essentially a cosmetic effect that can be tacked on to literally anything, as there have only been a few occasions in which the Persona did anything other than look pretty (the terribad anime Trinity Soul being a notable case). Generally speaking, any point-buy system would be sufficient for modeling the abilities displayed, both in battle and plot-related, but if you want it to run just like the games, 4E would be the fastest way.

On the other hand, I started to write a system for it a few years back, but didn't get very far. At the very least, the fluff text should prove useful, as I did a fairly comprehensive (if elementary) breakdown of the concepts from the games. Please ignore the randomly-placed bits of terrible typesetting. Scribd didn't like my fonts.
Pd20 (http://www.scribd.com/doc/29347495/PD20)