PDA

View Full Version : Modern Urban Battle Maps

hivedragon
2011-07-07, 11:56 AM
Where can I find some?

Radar
2011-07-07, 12:15 PM
1. Google maps can be printed out.
2. Tourist Information in any city should have some. Newspaper kiosks near train stations, airports and the like should have some as well. Bookstores should have maps of various cities as well.
3. With some luck you might find some outdated maps in second-hand bookstores or on www.archive.org.

hivedragon
2011-07-07, 02:04 PM
(I thought someone would misinterpret me)
I mean battle maps with squares.
I can easily buy a forest, a cave and a cemetery.
But I want a back alley, a slum, a floor of a hotel/apartment building, a ware house, the docks.

Savannah
2011-07-07, 06:33 PM
Might try the Cartographer's Guild (http://www.cartographersguild.com/forum.php); I'm pretty sure they have a section for urban maps, although I don't know what all's in there.

And you can always go to Google Maps or any other source of maps, find what you want, and apply your own grid.

SuperFerret
2011-07-07, 06:35 PM
The squares might be a bit big, but Heroclix had some decent maps for that type of stuff.

LibraryOgre
2011-07-07, 09:09 PM
Look through the used stuff at your FLGS (or eBay) for an old Shadowrun supplement, Sprawl Sites. It's got some squared-out maps of various modern places.

KineticDiplomat
2011-07-08, 08:50 AM
For interiors, just look up blueprints and measure by meter. Almost any outside view is doable by google maps. I reccommend Grozny for terrain diversity...and if you can get slightly older grozny maps, its perfect for a rubbled city.

Baghdad, ironically, also works very well due to the high variety of urban terrain you can find within blocks of other stuff.