PDA

View Full Version : MetroPCS?

Force
2011-07-07, 02:56 PM
So, my AT&T contract is coming up in September, and I find myself in a bit of a bind. While AT&T has served me well, I don't use my phone's voice capability's much, and while I would really like texting and data a $60+ phone bill is /not/ within my budget as a paying-my-own-way student.

MetroPCS's offer of unlimited everything for $40/month is tempting, but I'm suspicious of anything that cheap. Does anyone have experience with MetroPCS? I know it's regional, so quality will vary from area to area, but a general overview would be nice.

Winter_Wolf
2011-07-07, 04:52 PM
I don't know MetroPCS, but I use Virgin Mobile on a $25/month no-contract plan with unlimited text and data and 300 minutes. 1200 minutes at $40/month. But you'd probably have to buy a cell phone from them, so that might not be in your interest. Service at the price I'm paying is mostly good, a few dropped calls here and there. Certainly a lot better deal than AT&T, Sprint, or Verizon could offer me. YMMV.

Pika...
2011-07-07, 09:06 PM
MetroPCS is so so.

On one hand, it is the cheapest around. On the other, it is the phone you do not want to admit to owning around your Iphone/Droid/Whatever friends.

You basically get what you pay for. I have had it for a while, and it serves me well. However, I am someone who does not care much for phone technology. Heck, I only just got a text pad phone last month, and that was just because too many people wanted to text with me all of a sudden.

The price is awesome, the phones are cheap, and if you are looking to save a few bucks it will do the job. Won't be great, but it will do the job.