PDA

View Full Version : Making Lycans with wonky sizes

togapika
2011-07-07, 06:04 PM
Is it possible to waive/get-around the size requirements of the lycanthrope template?
For example, can I have a Halfling Were-T-Rex?

Tvtyrant
2011-07-07, 06:07 PM
One way would be to play a Duergar and then have it be a huge lycanthrope form, since the Duergar can be large and you have to be within one step. So it could be a Duergar Tyrannosaurus lycanthrope. Victory is now your giant dwarves!

BillyBobJoe
2011-07-07, 06:09 PM
A halfling Psychic Warrior could work with expansion to Huge size, and then getting bit by a radioactive dinosaur Were-T-Rex.

Divide by Zero
2011-07-07, 08:07 PM
No were-battletitan? Weak.

PirateLizard
2011-07-07, 08:15 PM
I wouldn't allow it, but hey, it's your game. There's certainly no text on it anywhere I'm aware of...so...get out your brewkit and go crazy.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2011-07-07, 10:18 PM
A halfling Psychic Warrior could work with expansion to Huge size, and then getting bit by a radioactive dinosaur Were-T-Rex.

If a were-T-Rex was able to bite you, what are you still doing alive?

crazyhedgewizrd
2011-07-08, 02:08 AM

why dont a were raptor and then use expansion to get to huge size

Fouredged Sword
2011-07-08, 06:26 AM
I totaly have to have were raptor halflings in an eberon game sometime. It would be awsome!

Rainbownaga
2011-07-08, 06:37 AM
Character's with the large/small build should have a choice of three sizes RAW (assuming becoming a lycanthrope is to their advantage). Kobold were-bunnies?

Ravens_cry
2011-07-08, 06:38 AM
If a were-T-Rex was able to bite you, what are you still doing alive?
If a Tyrannosaurus Rex bites you, you become radioactive.
Because you now have a half-life.:smallbiggrin:

Cog
2011-07-08, 06:43 AM
Character's with the large/small build should have a choice of three sizes RAW (assuming becoming a lycanthrope is to their advantage). Kobold were-bunnies?
The X Build abilities are very particular in what they affect, and gaining templates isn't one of them.

Darrin
2011-07-08, 06:56 AM
For example, can I have a Halfling Were-T-Rex?

A Dungeonbred Cave Tyrannosaur (Dungeonscape + Miniatures Handbook) would work. It'd be medium-sized, though. As far as dinosaurs go, for a halfling I'd probably start with a Were-Fleshraker.

hamishspence
2011-07-08, 07:27 AM
If a name is wanted for the Medium sized version of T. Rex (whatever way it's obtained), "Raptorex" (the name of an actual Medium sized tyrannosaur with the same fairly short limbs and large head) might do.

Hazzardevil
2011-07-08, 08:04 AM
Whats stopping a hafling, being bitten by a medium sized lycanthrope, transform into a large sized lycanthrope and keep going until your happy? So then you have tons of options for lycanthropy.

ExemplarofAvg
2011-07-08, 08:30 AM
No were-battletitan? Weak.

Were-Battletiatan Halfing, I like it, but I would never stick around long enough to see it.

Necroticplague
2011-07-08, 12:47 PM
Whats stopping a hafling, being bitten by a medium sized lycanthrope, transform into a large sized lycanthrope and keep going until your happy? So then you have tons of options for lycanthropy.

A: The massive RHD and LA that come with lycanthropy. Each lycanthropy uses up at least 3 class levels (LA2, minimum rhd 1). B:This piece of info:

Alternate Form

A creature with this special quality has the ability to assume one or more specific alternate forms. A true seeing spell or ability reveals the creature’s natural form. A creature using alternate form reverts to its natural form when killed, but separated body parts retain their shape. A creature cannot use alternate form to take the form of a creature with a template. Assuming an alternate form results in the following changes to the creature:

Cog
2011-07-08, 12:55 PM
B) doesn't apply. Lycanthropes don't use Alternate Form to assume the form of a lycanthrope; they already have that form. They use it to assume humanoid, hybrid, or animal form, a list of special forms that the template gives access to, with stats also given within the template.

NeoSeraphi
2011-07-08, 01:12 PM
Well, the LA problem makes sense, but the RHD wouldn't stop me from making a Halfling Rogue 1/Were-Fleshraker 4/Were-T-Rrex X/Were-Allosaurus X as a BBEG. His BAB wouldn't be the greatest, but the stacking Strength bonuses...oh the stacking Strength bonuses.

(DC for Trample would be insane)

Necroticplague
2011-07-08, 01:23 PM
Well, the LA problem makes sense, but the RHD wouldn't stop me from making a Halfling Rogue 1/Were-Fleshraker 4/Were-T-Rrex X/Were-Allosaurus X as a BBEG. His BAB wouldn't be the greatest, but the stacking Strength bonuses...oh the stacking Strength bonuses.

(DC for Trample would be insane)

It would stop you from making that as a PC, though, especially since bigger creatures usually = more HD.