PDA

View Full Version : Ascension, The Game of Divinity; 3.5 D&D(Sandbox, Deity/Creation PvP) (ICC)

ocel
2011-07-07, 06:23 PM
Ascension, The Game of Divinity (ICC)
Threads: (OCC) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11362038#post11362038) (ICC) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11362038#post11362038)
ICC #1::
All#1:Let there be... (Occ: Volt & chrisrawr have yet to define their planes, please send your first iccs detailing how & what you've created, & where it is located in the former planescape system, outer-transitive-in.. )
Drack #1:(ICC)An eclipse covers 2,787,840 cubic feet/ square mile of the scape including 25 & counting ft of your plane, denying sunlight, stagnating growth, & the creation of new life in abrupt halt, those effected are afflicted by something akin to negative energy, draining the essence out of your creations. Those staring into the heavens are overwhelmed by its presence. Its rough, deep green shell is much the same color as the deep oceans it once dwelled the monster favors, & the silver highlights that line the shell resemble light dancing on open water. The turtle’s legs, tail, & head are a lighter green, flecked with golden highlights. It measures from 20 to 30 feet from snout to tail, with a shell from 15 to 25 feet in diameter, & weighs 8,000 to 32,000 pounds. Its decaying flesh, brings a miasma to the air, suffocating those caught in its presence; with the exception of one giant, defiantly declaring to the behemoth "That's not much of a argument" before being sent in a coughing fit. throughout its form lies numerous enclaves torn into its flesh-& a desert disk being carried by 4 skeleton giant pachyderm elephants.(OCC):
(OCC#1: Are we going with the side-plot we discussed or do you have something else in mind? Either way I'm willing to adapt)
(OCC#2: Your handling the blunt of a death-god's salient ability, which is sort of a reversal of his home-made one, the first part is a imitation of Negative Energy Burst [Divine][Epic]. Next time I'll answer your questions in the responses, under the second of the occ.)
(OCC#3: the dc to remove the negative levels is 10+1/2 the character's, which in this case its the dragon-turtle deity, ECL, Racial hit die, Level adjustment, Class Level, +Charisma; so 16+4=20 ECL, +2 Charisma= 22

The rebuke check is (1d20 + my Charisma modifier) so I can only have 1d20+2, but If I succeed, I can affect anything with the hd I have, through)
(OCC#4: The effect only works if it eclipse a certain area, so it is the distance of the first round of your ability, vertically, so it still will effect you while you can't hurt it, from your point; Besides if I get you a tpk earlier than I intended, or it proves too difficult, I can always make the Level adjustment=21, to give you a better chance, follower/cohort wise. )

#2Icc The floating behemoth is oblivious to your outcry, & continues to casts its shade of desolation upon whatever surface it caught in its aimless orbit; those caught in its presence struggle not to kneel in defiance; but their fortitude & will's have been weakened from the sudden onslaught. Alas this was but a prelude to the horror that was to come, as a horde of ghastly visages strode in a unified wail of madness.Occ:(OCC#1: Awaiting to answer your questions, via private message or the occ thread.)
(Occ#2: 15 Allips traumatize the worshipers. Roll a save against their Babble (Su).)
(Occ#3: Also the Divine ability was a mile, so 5280 feet; prepare for some collateral damage.)
Chrisrawr:#1:Reverberations of woe, echo throughout yours subconscious, unending anarchy, & yet something else, a deafening silence; an atrophy leading to oblivion, although it ended the noise, it brought-with it an unceasing dread...Slight tremors of resistance were sensed, whether caught in a fight or flight was trivial, when you could easily discern that it was in vain either-way.
#2It continued...ignoring both literal & meta-physical barriers, tearing asunder the veils between planes, & quelling the horrors in a standoff over whatever loomed beyond your domain. You can feel its influence deadening all other stimuli, while the chaos struggled in defiance; what once was, & what shall be fought, spirits & the forms they manifested were diluted until their egos were no longer detected. The sensation can be traced for a mile at least.
Volt:#1ICCThe tranquil landscape, is littered with numerous shards of refined metal, components of more complex artifice, whatever it once was, is not now; they emanate the aura of forgotten axioms, laws of a multiverse long past its prime. OCC:(1: when you have defined your plane than we shall commence with your narrative.)
#2:ICCThe material plane is an archipelago of demi-planes, littered with numerous axiom shards that, aside from divine essence, keeps it from perpetual limbo, in other words random-change &/or chaos; sanctifying these areas with a deity's temple, which links the deity to that area, can also keep it in stasis. More information on them, would have to be unearthed through much study.OCCIn-other words no more free-be knowledge check for you, you roll for it next time. If you want to know what Happened before the end, you either make the knowledge checks or search for clues.
In short they function like Planar Touchstones; & they don't necessary require law, but they can relate to your deity alignments; of course the ones by volt's landscape is more fragmented.

chrisrawr
2011-07-07, 08:57 PM
Eyeless wanders the Material Plane for now - His plans, insofar as he has plans, are not turned towards expansion, but rather a primal need for internal re-arrangement and power growth. (OOC: Is this what we're doing here? Defining our lands, more-or-less? I'm so lost D: )

drack
2011-07-08, 02:14 PM
Waldbau looked up at the monstrous turtle... he had heard somewhere that the world sits on infinite giant turtles... maybe this was one of them :smallbiggrin: All the same it's presence was clearly harmful to the nature. Sourly he notes the wilting plants in excruciating detail. Quickly barking out orders he commands all the giants that can still walk to grab their fellows and to flee. After all there was no use keeping nature close when it would only decay needlessly. (sorry didn't stat that army out yet :smalltongue:)

Than turning to the turtle Waldbau calls out in a voice that quakes with all the might of the earth "Great turtle lord I command you go before any harm befalls you, these treekillers have already caused some fell form of trickery to make the leaves fall early, I would hate to see your honorable shell crumble by their hands."

yah... cohort doesn't go back with the army, and from what you told me of the assault some should be able to walk and drag the others still

chrisrawr
2011-07-08, 05:29 PM
Eyeless patrols his mountain ranges for now, seeking to aid others trapped and desperate. Not out of some kind of sympathy - their pain is shared by him, a constant distraction and annoyance. He is angered by their weakness, though he knows the victims are not at fault here. Something would be needed to reinforce the bones of these old peaks...

Volthawk
2011-07-08, 06:46 PM
Jaime stands and surveys the small area that she had taken on as her realm. It was in an open area of grassland, with a major road nearby leading to a rather large city in the distance, and a river flowing next to it, with forest behind her. She then looks at the small group she was with. Elijah, her brother, and closest and most powerful follower, and the eight other followers that came with her, her most loyal worshippers. She then sits and says "Here is where we shall stay. Here is where we shall build a sanctuary."

chrisrawr
2011-07-08, 09:07 PM
Curious and perhaps experiencing something akin to trepidation, the weeping god follows the echoes of struggle and fear that end in such a manner. What curious fate are they meeting, that would silence them so?

drack
2011-07-10, 08:07 PM
As the shadow spreads hill giants, children hardly old enough to be gullies, crash to the earth all around. The two fire giants feeling the dark chill wash over their mighty flames quickly go to their leader such that they may protect their commander. The bear and hound follow suit as Streit charges forth.

oh, no initiative, oh well. Posting what they do in a new post keeps it clearer that it's my turn, even if it's just moving.

the bear goes over and mauls the one at I-24 ripping it's head off with it's jaws and proceeding to maul the lifeless remains.

to hit
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

#3 attacks O-23 swinging it's large flaming great sword with uncanny ease and incinerating the living corpse on the spot.

attack [roll6]
for [roll7]damage, and[roll8] fire damage

#4 attacks K-47with a similar slash slicing it in half and hardly bothering to watch as the corpse melts into two innert mounds of molten flesh.

attack [roll9]
for [roll10]damage, and[roll11] fire damage

The hound charges K-32 tearing it's throat out without a second thought

attack [roll12] and [roll13]
for [roll14]damage, and[roll15] damage Edit: one attack
Edit 2: sorry didn't look, if you want I guess you could give me the second roll for penalty since now it probably looks like I'm just taking the higher roll rather than the first roll. Anywho do as you will :smallsigh:

Waldbau quickly looses three arrows in rapid succession at M-31 and N-33. (the one is behind the other) The first arrow must have been skew as it hit the zombie's sword, but the next smashed a hole through it's head allowing the third to travel through and on into the nose of the zombie behind smashing clean through to the brain.

attack [roll16] and [roll17] and [roll18]
for [roll19]damage, and [roll20] damage, and [roll21]

Streit spontaneously casts summon natures ally 4 to summon a giant greenbound crocodile who in turn casts wall of thorns.

just so that my rolls match [roll22] (noticed I was out of rang for this spell)

chrisrawr
2011-07-10, 10:47 PM
[roll0], [roll1]

Post when I'm not phoneposts.

drack
2011-07-11, 09:24 PM
OK, actions for my turn
(mechanically it's simple enough to change the order of your people if you all go at once)
WaldBau Fires another three arrows instantly slaying the first two zombies, than slipping straight through the third... darn skeletons *mumble mumble*
(First G-29, than O-28, than N-29)
attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
damage
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
His Hound once free charges K-30 quickly ripping out it's throat before setting it's sights on other prey

attack [roll6]
damage [roll7]

as an arrow rips straight through the throat of the zombie at O-28, #3 charges Q-25 leaving nothing but another pile of goop.

attack [roll8]
damage [roll9]+[roll10] fire damage

Bear goes and mauls O-24 instantly shattering through it's skull, and halfway down it's spine before spinning to it's next target

attack [roll11]
damage [roll12]

Croc moves next to my cohort snapping things up, yum, yum. It easily consumes it's target, but the horde is too large to weaken from one death.

attack [roll13]
damage [roll14]

Cohort really has no chance of escape, so doesn't even attempt to escape grapple, but #4 struggles fatally at the corpses of those he could easily batter aside in life, feeling the sting to his pride from this weakness.

opposed grapple checks
[roll15]
[roll16]

chrisrawr
2011-07-11, 10:01 PM
As images sift in front of Etew, he struggles, for the first time in a while, to pull together their meanings.

drack
2011-07-12, 11:18 AM
next turn
looks like you've given up on my main group for now ay? :smallamused:

Waldbau shifts slightly to the east firing of three shots at all three targets in range (from right to left), and catching them all in the gut allowing them to bleed out
attack [roll0] damage [roll1]
attack [roll2] damage [roll3]
attack [roll4] damage [roll5]
if any survive the hound takes em
attack [roll6] damage [roll7]

the hound quickly charges at f-39 ravaging it's corpse as the bear brings it's over-sized claw cleanly through the one at J-40, #3 attempts to charge those holding #4, but it proves to be too far.

#4 has minimal chance of escape, but if all these rolls are above an 8 he's free regardless
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]

The crocodile will attack N-68
attack [roll17] damage [roll18]

Cohort takes the beating

ocel
2011-07-12, 07:49 PM
ChrisRaw#3: Part 1 answer:
When divining patterns of a long forgotten epoch, you're able to compose a narrative, through you can't discern if it is truly history or mere legend; the Twilight of Creation, its Götterdämmerung, & rebirth, is envisioned in perpetual clockwise motion; a wheel of time, forever turning for all eternity. Each interval a scene in its eternal play, its players & props slowly degrade from wielding the ancient metals of Orichalcum & Starmetal, to mere bronze & iron;

The old ones had realized long ago that everything was steadily getting worse &, had developed a simple yet sophisticated system to keep track of how much worse each succeeding day was by the quality of its civilization's metals.These lost metals became lionized & hoarded as divine artifacts throughout creation, but they a paled in comparison to the weapon, for which none had defense toward, except for the staff that too had been lost from the collective lore of all knowledge. Despite such loss, each conflict was no less spectacular, each side besting the other, in displays of tenacity & brutality...Part 2Categorizing these cataclysms further has yet rationalized the prelude to the present, fortunately such knowledge remained practical, & a thirst for more answers.

drack
2011-07-13, 12:42 PM
the rest of my turn
Cohort tries to summon another croc
[roll0] fail
if it succeeds crock attacks [roll1]
damage [roll2]

chrisrawr
2011-07-13, 06:10 PM
OOC: Just so that I've deceiphered this correctly - It's a mile-long superweapon meant to bring about the apocalyptic rebirth of the universe, which can only be stopped with some sort of staff?

ocel
2011-07-13, 06:15 PM
Chrisraw:ICC:part 3: What once was an endless limbo, with the exception of sparse demi-planes still in stasis, had turned into a field of overwhelming negative energy... OCCSort of, it is forshadowing for a later event, for now it is a death-deity's divine ability, bringing about an huge negative energy burst/bomb, that only a few individuals in the area survived; the staff is an artifact through.

drack
2011-07-14, 12:31 PM
bear gets grappled

[roll0]
[roll1]
and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say # 3 will need it too
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

drack
2011-07-14, 12:40 PM
sorry to double post AoOs

As the zombie reaches for him the croc snaps it in half with one mighty bite.
croc [roll0] for [roll1]
Struggling desperately the bear struggles for freedom.
bear [roll2] for [roll3]
#3 quickly slashes through his first assalant, but their sheer numbers overwhelm him.
#3 [roll4] for [roll5] +[roll6] fire damage

drack
2011-07-14, 02:16 PM
next round (sorry for the tipple post :smallfrown:

Waldbau charges across the battle flies for a better shooting perch.(E-69)
Hound runs over and attacks J-44, snapping it's throat clean off between two powerful jaws.
attack [roll0] for [roll1]damage
#3 attacks swings his mighty flaming greatsword clean through an opponent
attack [roll2] for [roll3]damage+ [roll4] fire damage
as the crocodile attempts to pull the druid free from the masses
excess grapple checks:

[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

The Bear keels over, dead.([roll12] fort save)
attack [roll13] for [roll14]damage
attack [roll15] for [roll16]damage
attack [roll17] for [roll18]damagebear be dead via massive damage. (knew I shoulda gone with the 2d8 rather than pointing out it woulda been more :smallwink:)

Streit once free of grapple (to M-72) casts call lightening
[roll19]at M-63 (to each of the ones that had been grappling Streit)
possible AoOs
#3 attack [roll20] for [roll21]damage+ [roll22] fire damage

ocel
2011-07-14, 06:34 PM
Drack:Occ:There is more than one way to crush a bear :smallbiggrin: the corpse should be on-top of the bear, & I'll reserve it for later.
Made my moves; I41, & K43 uprooted the trees, which should be enough for a large weapon, represented on the map as &, & swung them in a crushing sweep, ac on the hound is 16, if I recalled correctly, damage mimics improvised large maces: which equal 2d8+strength for each attack, coming to 13 & 11 damage, coming to 24 unless it parried, want me to roll for it? ; J42 grapple attempt to hound, usurped its its checks, & succeeded. so it would not be able to parry, in the process through I destroyed the minion holding the it down in the process. I'm thinking of letting my death god plane-shift towards your plane, to go the extra 7 miles.

Edit#1: I just realized that you homebrewed that when your giants die they turn into mountains of their respective element, a natural 20, helped me lift a large sized volcano onto a bear...that is awe inspiring :smallamused:
Edit#2: Hound aoo attacks, thrashes at the closest one to grapple, those that attack succeed to beat your ac, I rolled for your parry failed 1, so both damages are incurred. .

drack
2011-07-14, 08:18 PM
Ocel

Hound attacks K-43 [roll0] for [roll1] damage, biting straight into it's gut
as my cohort calls lightening on #3's space [roll2] catching all those grappling it in the process.
Waldbau fires three arrows at L-62 and N-59
attack [roll3] for [roll4] damage
attack [roll5] for [roll6] damage
attack [roll7] for [roll8] damage
Catching the first through the eye, the other through the gut, and taking it's leg off with another for good measure.
croc charges Q-63 attack [roll9] for [roll10] damage, crushing all the bones in it's body before releasing a sad glop of flesh.
#3 continues to struggle
hound's AoO [roll11] for [roll12] damage

ocel
2011-07-15, 05:55 PM
Drack: (Occ)Your electric shock therapy was not enough to shave off the undeath-coincidentally it is just as effective when curing actual death- as #3 provided a involuntary demonstration..& died a second after; Crocodile has received a proverbial increase in its diet of zombies through that would mean it has either eaten or standing over the corpse/hillside tainted with negative energy which also damages it for 1d6. 1 giant holds down the maw of your hound, K43, while its counterpart, I42, feeds it its daily requirement of timber. The death god, vanishes from your sight, possible plane shift or teleport, you would have to make knowledge check to know; I think I have a better plan but it needs more than one round for it to come into together.

Edit#1: Divine ability's negative energy burst, which is written by me, any reanimated lifeforms will continue to emanate negative energy past its death, so it is like unsanctified ground or something. I've done the calculations on that so it isn't a problem.

chrisrawr
2011-07-15, 07:25 PM
EtEW summons whisps to himself, leeching power from the radius of decay to aid in their creation - several skeletal humanoids begin to take form, and quickly scamper off toward the dissonance.
Summon undead 2 twice for a 2d3 skeletons.

drack
2011-07-17, 05:07 AM
my turn

Hound attacks I-42 [roll0] for [roll1] damage, crushing the poor bloke's skull
streit calls down another lightening strike on #3 [roll2] leaving only the charred remnants of the combatants
Waldbau will make a full attack L-62 and N-59
[roll3] for [roll4] damage
[roll5] for [roll6] damage
[roll7] for [roll8] damage
quickly dispatching of them both as the
croc runs up to the true legion of undeath.

ocel
2011-07-17, 09:49 PM
Chrisrawr Beyond the veil & metaphysical tethers of your reality, lies true incarnation of chaos where everything is in constant motion & change, especially the landscape, which can shift unpredictably & randomly rolls over upon itself like liquid; where even the slightest stimuli of homeostasis is a Metaphorical oasis of Terra-Firma whose kings are worshiped above all unshaped given form. A daunting shadow looms over all as souls swirl being propelled by planar reformation; as the transitive planes vie for domination of the other. Your skeletal satellites pick up on this & are empowered by the sudden surge of negative energy.
In detached observation, your satellites witnessed the unshaped given form, consciousness, & character, each variable in both literal & metaphorical dimensions; Some manifesting not by the aid of a god or axiom/truism, but by the collective will of a zeitgeist, other-times a lone soul defies the unreality & substitutes their own, being gods in all but name; for they too could form the metaphorical bridges & stations between Demi-planes if they were determined enough; through time & dissension inevitably eroded them into nothing. Those that sought to delay it ensnared whatever wayward soul could suffice to be assimilated, those whom didn't comply to their subjugation had their identities distilled & rewritten until they were compliant. If failure remained to plague them still, they would then resort to expelling the tattered psyche to the mercy of limbo. (OCC-#1: Manual of the planes, & the planar handbook detail most of the traits of limbo, including the means to subject one's will towards it, in short basic wisdom check to stabilize a small area, while more divinity can impose their will upon unreality as well.)
Vigilance & patiance re-payed thee with a number of forgotten realms in the mist, there a small glade of millstone spiraling towers layered around a sphere about a quarter-mile in diameter. Taking full advantage of the subjective gravity of Limbo.(Occ-#2:The place looks like it was taking the paintings of M.C. Escher & used them as a blue print)

ocel
2011-07-18, 06:11 PM
Drack:M44 swings the corpse of #3 in the process of gaining enough momentum to throw it towards the hound succeeding even parry & inflicting 1d6 falling + ranged weapon damage=15 upon impact, when it occurs I42 uses the tree trunk like a Golf club & hits the hound & corpse with enough intensity to drive them four squares south, 20 ft distance... with another 12 damage...Your crocodile has both a dinner & a show to tend with when they struggle to hold it off, but fail in the process...

Occ Edit#1: (All except the one I mentioned did the others died, in the lightning blast.)
Occ Edit#2: (The one next to the hound has 1 hp left, while waidbau, eliminated all but the last of those he attacked. the ghasts attempted to grapple the crocodile but failed in the process. I believe aside from the one that used the tree as a golf club, with a to hit & strength check, at a specific angle for them to gain enough momentum for fall & weapon damage, were killed by that very dog.)

drack
2011-07-18, 09:18 PM
My turn again :smalltongue:

hound charges N-44 [roll0] for [roll1] damage tearing his head off
streit calls down a bolt of lightening on I-42 (who has 1 hp) for [roll2] damage killing the fool zombie instantly
Waldbau fires three arrows at E-94 and E-95 attempting to make undead pincushions of em. (remember +2 to all attacks/attack made)
[roll3] for [roll4] damage
[roll5] for [roll6] damage
[roll7] for [roll8] damage
the croc attacks a ghastly visages [roll9] for [roll10] damage, easily ripping through it's rotten flesh with it's powerful jaws.

ocel
2011-07-19, 11:12 PM
DrackA glint of brevity enlightens the blights to retreat to R94, S98, & P95 to retreat; their eyes briming with the aura of their former souls enunciated a barely ineligible phrase, as if they were reading something...4 things..."Guess what I wrote on their backs..." concluding the sentence led to more than a concussion from the full front of four consecutive explosive rune blasts in a row; more damage than any of the ghasts & skeletons could inflict by conventional means. (Occ#1: Awakened minions do have their uses, & monster classes...3 6d6 seems like almost instant death for your summoned minion but I'm willing to give it a roll if you wish. Especially since their mostly minions that I've rebuked nigh daily...) Your divinity has slain those caught in his wrath but more come to take advantage of your loss.. The hound tears the throats of the other proverbial wolves in a spectacular fashion.
Edit#1: Sorry it was 4 my bad.

drack
2011-07-20, 10:14 AM
Ocel (OOC)
croc gets AoO on the first to flee [roll0] for [roll1] damage
Is there a reflex save for half
it looks like there are four in a position to explode, or is the fourth just consumed in the blast?
Also it may have SR, leme check... nope, DR 10/magic, fast healing 3.

Oh well, now I know why DMs son't like summoners :smalltongue:
Edit: and yes, I'd rather you roll. :smallbiggrin:

ocel
2011-07-20, 11:51 PM
Drack:A torrent of bone splinters & limb figments rained upon the summoned aggressor, each proverbial drop: a dagger to the heart...or in this case stomach.. (Occ#1: Also forgot it was 4 minions that were sacrificed so....48 damage. Their situated in a row from T94:W94 ) The others run for cover, whether taking advantage from their environment, rushing from tree to tree towards thy divinity &/or from each other, as shields in-order to evade your retributive volley as they continue on their destructive endeavors...

ocel
2011-07-22, 08:59 PM
Drack:As the mayhem ensued so too did your adversaries crusade against thee; thrashing not in anger, but out of hunger because they sought to devour their prey, it did not matter if it was king or pawn, for only the distant reverberations of a command & instinct drove them towards all of thee.. (Occ#1: The info your looking for is the one above this post, this is just some extra narrative to set the tone of the event;.)

drack
2011-07-22, 10:10 PM
The hound charges G-55 jumping and twisting in midair to better reach the zombie's bare throat. [roll0] for [roll1] damage
Streit calls another bolt of lightening at G-82 [roll2]
focusing on E-88 Waldbau attempts to suck all the water from the whord's earthly bodies causing them to fall to dust [roll3] DC42 fort save for half, and naturally flecking them to dust still affects undeads. :smalltongue:
The croc moves to get three within range and attacks s-98 [roll4] for [roll5] damage
Possible AoO
[roll6] for [roll7] damage
tell me what dies first so that I can kill it off before stuff moves :smallwink:

ocel
2011-07-24, 07:26 PM
Drack:Your adversaries, aside from the ones outside your spell-like, ranged & melee attacks' range, & the grace of divinity, were slain just as spectacularly as you imagined; leaving towering dunes of their fallen to be swept by misfortune, as their ashes spread across the forsaken landscape; as your more humanitarian companions, Its a pun don't worry about your cohort, gnaw upon whatever was left. Undaunted by your miraculous demonstration of defiance they continue on towards your/their demise. While this occurs the madding chorus of the allips surround your defiant remnants & deprive them of its sanity with the distant reverberations of their wails ; (Occ#1: Out of curiosity do you have any sense or sight aiding enchantments upon you or your companions?)

drack
2011-07-24, 08:23 PM
Waldbau again reaches for the waters around V-94 returning them to the earth [roll0]
The hound attempts to rejoin the group, and the croc melds back into the earth(dead/unsummoned).
Streit than begins chanting another spell. (spontaneous summon nature's ally 3 from a stoneshape spell to call [roll1] greenbound wolves)
The wolves leap from the underbrush at an Allip.
wolf attack[roll2] damage [roll3]
wolf attack[roll4] damage [roll5]
wolf attack[roll6] damage [roll7]
wolf attack[roll8] damage [roll9]
wolf attack[roll10] damage [roll11] (only 2 wolves) and forgot a +2 flanking bonus

ocel
2011-07-27, 05:26 PM
Drack:The soaring leviathan's eyelids seemed to widen in shell-shocked alarm, as additional harm was inflicted upon it by proxy; fixating its attention towards the defiant ants in the midst of its vision, captivating those caught making direct-or indirect eye-contact upon it in awe; all sense of time was lost as your minds replayed the scene in a 40 second loop(Occ#1 twice used divine domain spell-like ability for time-stop; )As it reaches the northen western border of the demi-plane your currently residing, You feel an overwhelming dread as a vague visage is seen over the horizon of limbo.

drakir_nosslin
2011-07-28, 05:34 PM
Ianos

Prologue
As the multiverse collapsed around them the forces of GOOD and EVIL continued to battle, as they always did. But as more and more of the reality they knew fell apart the battle waned, and when the last of the great Powers on both sides had fallen the few crusaders of GOOD and EVIL retreated from the field to reflect upon the meaning of this monumental and terrifying situation. Most of them died of course, they were washed away along with their native planes, erased from the canvas upon which reality was to be repainted.

But a few remained, scattered within the limbo that now encompassed almost all of creation they drifted without goal, purpose or guidance. Some ended their immortal lives, having given up entirely on existence as a concept. Others endured, because they knew that GOOD and EVIL are not so easily destroyed, and when one Power falls, another must rise to maintain the balance.

One of these that waited was Ianos. A former captain of the Host, he had battled countless of demon, slain innumerable devils and stared into the abyss for the cause of GOOD. Now he was stripped of most of his powers and without a goal to focus upon, but still he refused to surrender. The angel searched Limbo for the last remnants of the forces of EVIL and where he found them he struck them down with his hammer and showed them that the light still prevailed, even in gray nothingness.

Then one day Ianos stumbled upon a priceless artifact from the world before, the Heart of Pelor. When the god of the sun fell, his body was ripped into nothing, his essence devoured by the energies that began to create the new multiverse. But his heart remained whole. Turned into stone, this was all that remained of the once mighty god, and Ianos found it. As the angel touched the divine remains the last spark of Pelor's godhood was transferred to him, and Ianos had become a deity.

The Fields of Light
Ianos' personal plane of existence is called the Fields of Light. This area is a hundred feet across, completely flat and covered in knee high grass. In the middle of the plane is a small hill surrounded by a lake filled with holy water. Upon the hill is a small house, this is Ianos' personal retreat, where he goes to contemplate the ways of the new world or to meditate on recent events or problems. The sun always shines on the Fields of Light. Besides Ianos, only a few creatures lives here. He has gathered a few animals from the material plane, mostly war horses and ponies which graze the fields, but every now and then his angelic servants visits it as well.

Stoneridge
This small village is the center of worship for Ianos. As the new god of the sun he descended from the heavens and saw that Stoneridge was a holy place and revealed himself to its inhabitants in order to protect them and their homes. At least that is how the priests of Ianos thinks that it happened. And while Ianos himself knows that the only reason Stoneridge knows that he exists is because he got lost in limbo and more or less crashed into the town square, he isn't in a hurry to tell them. After all, a god has to think of him image.
When a angelic being, wreathed in holy light, fell from the sky in the middle of the day it didn't take long before the local clerics began to convert on the spot. The old gods had vanished and the power that the priests once had held had disappeared but here was a living divine being ready to accept them as his followers. A large part of Stoneridge converted almost overnight, and today the community is centered around the church of the Golden Sun.

As his representative on the material plane Ianos chose a former blacksmith named Marcus, who was given great power and told to protect the world from the darkness that evil brings. At the moment he spends most of his time in and around the town, ensuring its safety before striking out on longer journeys to spread the holy word of Ianos.

drack
2011-07-29, 07:04 PM
Ocel

Waldbau exercises his control over water one more time on F-91 as Streit calls a lightening bolt on C-75 taking down the death god's last minion as the hound charges in to bite it's throat out for good measure
attack [roll0] for [roll1] damage

ocel
2011-07-30, 04:10 AM
drakir_nosslin: Abstract absolutes, principles, laws, & cultural mores, are genera to classify, categorize, conceptualize, & crystallize any reality, including, but not limited to, your own; but for limbo such things are relative. It is an ever changing metaphorical ocean, rarely docile, yet susceptible to even the most subconscious of ineligible or unconscionable thought. These imaginations from the other side, swept towards your boarders like a seaside wave, eroding away whatever normality & consistency that remained, & replacing it with another more alien than yours.

ocel
2011-07-30, 08:38 PM
Drack:The undead abomination filtered the lightning like a lightning rod, conducting the volt to none but it, the hounding interloper, & the earth beneath his soles,(Occ#1: same damage for the dog as well.), while its compatriot has been dehydrated to nothing, but a forsaken hollowed shell; As the aggressor sought refuge, so to would it will such a sanctuary to being, along with an equally antagonistic ecosystem to defend & expand its boundaries .

drakir_nosslin
2011-07-31, 04:19 PM
Ocel
Feeling the intrusion, Ianos reacts as the warrior he is. First he focuses his divine power, increasing the power of his aura and adds another layer of protection to it. Then he teleports to the place of the anomaly, weapon in hand.

OOC:Activate magic circle against evil, centered on Ianos.

ocel
2011-08-02, 10:36 PM
drakir_nosslin: Unhampered by divine, mortal, figurative, or literal obstructions, the metaphorical tidal-wave of chaos washed away whatever reality was within its reach, & a sweeping mass of unrefined & unpredictable land replaced it.

drakir_nosslin
2011-08-03, 02:00 PM
Ocel
Horrified by the onslaught of the uncontrolled chaos Ianos launches all the power of his mind against it in an attempt to stop reality from rewriting itself once again.

OOC: Trying to control the changes with a concentration check, as if controlling limbo: [roll0]

ocel
2011-08-04, 02:48 PM
drakir_nosslinYou were able to filter the anarchic flow, to some extent, but even the most insignificant metaphorical drop is enough to dilute even the most concrete of conceptions. .

drack
2011-08-05, 08:38 AM
Ocel
Waldbau teleports himself and his followers to the edge of the undead turtle's realm, and has the summons enter before him sticking his finger in the 'plane' just enough to test it's planer traits without experiencing any benefits or losses from them.

drakir_nosslin
2011-08-07, 02:16 PM
Ocel
Seeing how devastating the rolling chaos is, Ianos reaches into his divine essence and releases some of it, letting it flow over and swallow the chaos encapsulating it in small beads of light.

OOC: Tries to use Alter Reality to destroy or contain the chaos, whichever is more appropriate.

ocel
2011-08-08, 04:05 PM
Ocel
Seeing how devastating the rolling chaos is, Ianos reaches into his divine essence and releases some of it, letting it flow over and swallow the chaos encapsulating it in small beads of light.

OOC: Tries to use Alter Reality to destroy or contain the chaos, whichever is more appropriate.

drakir_nosslin:Quarantining this latest tempest was a mater of evaporating those tenacious waters, & compressing them into vaporous swamp gasses, this procedure was well-within the limits of your divinity, with a few minor complications due to the still prevalent contamination of limbo; as the droplets congregate into such a vortex, so too does it struggle in its defiance, reaching out towards you as it's reshaped in defiance, drawing each shape from every mold of life, before reforming into what you desired... (Note that this does not mean the ocean is contained but rather a fraction of that is ever refilled.)

ocel
2011-08-09, 03:01 PM
Ocel
Waldbau teleports himself and his followers to the edge of the undead turtle's realm, and has the summons enter before him sticking his finger in the 'plane' just enough to test it's planer traits without experiencing any benefits or losses from them.

Drack: No thimble nor blindfold could shield thee from the horrors that lay before ye, every-nerve circulated the uneasy stimuli through your form, horrors, & memories of long forgotten eras, marched unphased by your challenge,. (OCC#1: In all seriousness, this is practically the same thing as putting your hand over a hot stove, or a wet outlet, you were bound to experience the less than pleasant after-effects, assuming that your not already immune to negative damage; speaking of which you did calculate the damage for your animal companion correct? Well regardless 1d6 damage & roll for fortitude.)

drack
2011-08-09, 03:19 PM
Ocel OOC: yes it's the same as putting your hand over the stove as opposed to jumping onto it and using it to warm your behind. My hound (not an animal companion) didn't go in, though I did send three summons to their death. I am not immune to negative energy, but I do have DR which surpasses standard planer energy traits, and as I said feeling the air in the oven and jumping in are two different things. Another thing to keep in mind is that I am a god, somewhat hard to be daunted by simple horrors, and remember that I too am from a long forgotten age.

ocel
2011-08-09, 03:24 PM
Ocel OOC: yes it's the same as putting your hand over the stove as opposed to jumping onto it and using it to warm your behind. My hound (not an animal companion) didn't go in, though I did send three summons to their death. I am not immune to negative energy, but I do have DR which surpasses standard planer energy traits, and as I said feeling the air in the oven and jumping in are two different things. Another thing to keep in mind is that I am a god, somewhat hard to be daunted by simple horrors, and remember that I too am from a long forgotten age.
Obscured by opaque veil, you're able to discern multiple shades in the distance, although you can't discern if their form is real or an illusion.(Occ#2: Well if they fail their fortitude checks, those summons will experience a sudden level drop, & death if their on the low end of their hd/ecl; that & this is a divinely shaped domain so I might just justify my action with, it was divinely shaped, by something equal to your DvR so it bypasses your DR:.)

drack
2011-08-09, 03:46 PM
OcelOOC I'm still not likely to get much of a mechanical effect by putting one finger in :smallcool:

ocel
2011-08-09, 04:13 PM
DrackOCC#3: True, I guess I'll find an another means to take advantage of the...wait a minute-why didn't I use rule 0-...no...I've something better in mind, what level were those summoned minions exactly?

drack
2011-08-09, 04:21 PM
Ocel

OOC: 1HD :smalltongue:

ocel
2011-08-09, 04:34 PM
Drack:OCC,#4: Yeah...Those summons have ...now become wraiths...

drack
2011-08-09, 04:40 PM
Ocel:
The instant summons die they pop back to their origin, so they're someone else's problem :smallcool:

ocel
2011-08-09, 04:48 PM
Drack(OCC#5: True, roll init, & decide what your character does from there. )

drack
2011-08-10, 03:12 PM
Ocel

initiative for Waldbau [roll0]
All others ready action in order to fall in behind him.
Waldbau fires a horrid wilting [roll1]
into the vary center of the planer bubble using a swift action in order to create his own. [roll2] (also do I get to modify my skills to pump this since you just adden the rule?) My plane is a dense forest atop a stone with badger/peacocks (yes it's a new animal) running around, and the air swirling just so such that it gives too much glare to the outside to see in.
Streit uses a rock from the new formed plane along with the spell stone shape (which I swear is the most broken spell ever) to make it shoot off as 50 million and one tiny spikes piercing every inch of the turtle god's plane with razor fine needles. OK, I won't abuse that spell again (especially because it's a domain spell for me, but come on I had to show that you couldn't beat me at my own game didn't I? :smallwink:)

drakir_nosslin
2011-08-10, 05:08 PM
Ocel

Seeing the Rolling Chaos and the destruction it brings Ianos thinks back to the days before the End, when the old gods still lived and the battle between the primal forces was done via proxies rather than the forces themselves. The enemy of Chaos is Law, and while chaos is ever changing, morphing everything it comes into contact with the force of law is stable, preserving that which already is, only allowing it to change within strict parameters.

Knowing this the Holy Light draws upon the power his worshipers grants him and distils it into pure Law. The process is slow but methodical and inch by inch the recently born god begins to form a permanent defense against the threat that chaos brings. A bright wall begins to rise, completely surrounding the Fields of Light barring the way for chaos while letting living beings through.

OOC: This is something that will take a long time to complete, as he essentially wants to built a half sphere, 100 ft. in diameter with magic. I'm guessing some serious spamming of alter reality while denying his worshipers spells for the time, instead using that power to fuel the distillation.
I have no idea of what kind of rolls would be suitable for this, any suggestions?

ocel
2011-08-15, 08:58 PM
Ocel

initiative for Waldbau [roll0]
All others ready action in order to fall in behind him.
Waldbau fires a horrid wilting [roll1]
into the vary center of the planer bubble using a swift action in order to create his own. [roll2] (also do I get to modify my skills to pump this since you just adden the rule?) My plane is a dense forest atop a stone with badger/peacocks (yes it's a new animal) running around, and the air swirling just so such that it gives too much glare to the outside to see in.
Streit uses a rock from the new formed plane along with the spell stone shape (which I swear is the most broken spell ever) to make it shoot off as 50 million and one tiny spikes piercing every inch of the turtle god's plane with razor fine needles. OK, I won't abuse that spell again (especially because it's a domain spell for me, but come on I had to show that you couldn't beat me at my own game didn't I? :smallwink:)

Drack As you listen in anticipation for the conformation, a hollow silence answers you instead. Gradually you wait a second more until the shades begin to dissipate as the veil become steady more transparent alas it still obscures your vision.

(Occ#1: Oh I understand, although a Critical failure on initiative is still counted, which I might take advantage of directing your blast to one whom might not be so appreciative of being caught in the crossfire. That is if I don't roll a plane that doesn't have a surface in the next round, if that does occur it will keep going until it hits something; &, suffice to say, your going to be responsible for ruining someone else's day somewhere & some time. Remember that...
As for the location of your original target well...You don't see it there although a few bone fragments suggest ... )
Occ#2: And I'm counting your actions as readied, regardless of combat order,

ocel
2011-08-18, 06:09 PM
Ocel

Seeing the Rolling Chaos and the destruction it brings Ianos thinks back to the days before the End, when the old gods still lived and the battle between the primal forces was done via proxies rather than the forces themselves. The enemy of Chaos is Law, and while chaos is ever changing, morphing everything it comes into contact with the force of law is stable, preserving that which already is, only allowing it to change within strict parameters.

Knowing this the Holy Light draws upon the power his worshipers grants him and distils it into pure Law. The process is slow but methodical and inch by inch the recently born god begins to form a permanent defense against the threat that chaos brings. A bright wall begins to rise, completely surrounding the Fields of Light barring the way for chaos while letting living beings through.

OOC: This is something that will take a long time to complete, as he essentially wants to built a half sphere, 100 ft. in diameter with magic. I'm guessing some serious spamming of alter reality while denying his worshipers spells for the time, instead using that power to fuel the distillation.
I have no idea of what kind of rolls would be suitable for this, any suggestions?

drakir_nosslin:(Occ1#: Yep, & sorry for the long wait) As your abstraction became concrete by piecemeal, so too did limbo sought to unmake or circumvent it; leaving your hemisphere to whether the elements of limbo, tinting its' semi-transparent surface into an opaque earl grey, which in turn obscured any & all vision beyond your dominion; exempting whatever wasn't covered in your latest declaration.

drack
2011-08-20, 11:57 AM
Ocel
Waldbau sighs and settles back to the material plane to lick his wounds. After recovering he and his remaining follower return to the odd human hive with their dead deformed trees that they lived in.

drakir_nosslin
2011-08-25, 07:30 AM
Ocel

Satisfied with his work so far Ianos rests for a day, before continuing his work. His followers spend the day exhausted, but encouraged by the knowledge that they've contributed to such a grand work as the Wall.
New holy day: The Celebration of the Wall

But having secured his personal realm from the onslaught of the Rolling Chaos is only the beginning. If his followers are ever to have a safe place to live in he needs to close off the material plane as well. Stepping through the wall and temporarily leaving the security of his own plane Ianos begins to forge a way through Limbo, towards the material plane.

[roll0]

ocel
2011-08-29, 10:57 PM
drakir_nosslin: Limbo...Here-, where distance is not bounded to any absolute interval, be it geographical or chronological, excluding one's own will upon unreality. Here-, where memory, was the only means to navigate its tempests, & labyrinths. Here where the very essence of chaos itself are struggles against you as well.

Where they failed in usurping your reign, they turned towards
(Occ: Don't forget, due to Limbo being ever changing, unenchanted maps, unless the area has been stabilized for a long time, will not be up to date, & may not be of use Knowledge or familiarity with your destination, on the other hand can, as noted in: page 94 & 95.

ocel
2011-09-12, 07:33 PM
Ocel
Waldbau sighs and settles back to the material plane to lick his wounds. After recovering he and his remaining follower return to the odd human hive with their dead deformed trees that they lived in.
Drack#1:Your retreat into your sanctuary was without any further incident, although your same could not be said for your recovery, for the metaphorical sword you've unsheathed, that displayed your strength also unveiled your new found weakness, it would be a matter of time, before those more ambitious would hunt for your divinity, regardless of numerous guardians beside you.
Drack#2:Before you lies the "Hamlet", the hive of very insolent, whose transgression shall bring the winter of your discontent upon them hence forth. Despite its size it is rather industrial, built from what is salvaged from civilizations long forgotten. But, Alas, this Sozopol, Salvaged city-state, is indiscernible from a Necropolis, for most of the inhabitants barely survived, your interloper's blitzkrieg; most of the survivors have retreated, to the edge, or fortified themselves, in their own houses, seeking refuge from its ominous shadow, an eclipse of misfortune.
Occ: Ah, still I would wish to keep, previous article, despite, my mistaken assumption.

drack
2011-09-12, 07:39 PM
Ocel actually I'm just going for a half day to recover HP before teleporting right outside town and walking into town.
Ocel#2

Waldbau approaches the living utterly destroying any undead that he sees along the way until he comes to the fortifications to which he request entry to their 'tree-hive'.

OOC: point taken

ocel
2011-09-13, 03:57 AM
Ocel actually I'm just going for a half day to recover HP before teleporting right outside town and walking into town.
Ocel#2

Waldbau approaches the living utterly destroying any undead that he sees along the way until he comes to the fortifications to which he request entry to their 'tree-hive'.
OOC: point taken
Drack:Those whom you've inquired about the "Tree-hive" are somewhat baffled by how you phrased your question.

drack
2011-09-13, 06:22 AM
OcelWaldbau waits until an uncomfortable silence ensues before asking "Members of the tree-hive, I see that you appear to be prepared to resort to aggression in defense of your tree-hive, Thus as the hair I test the new grounds before entering, or would it be better that I enter as an evening breeze?" (by the way really take a look at his appearance...)

ocel
2011-09-15, 04:29 AM
OcelWaldbau waits until an uncomfortable silence ensues before asking "Members of the tree-hive, I see that you appear to be prepared to resort to aggression in defense of your tree-hive, Thus as the hair I test the new grounds before entering, or would it be better that I enter as an evening breeze?" (by the way really take a look at his appearance...)

Drack:Your audience is overwhelmed in awe, few if any sought to challenge or comply with your request save but a handful, there they direct you towards a large building, its masonry more refined than their residences.

drack
2011-09-17, 07:04 AM
Ocel

Waldbau, rather taken aback by their oddities quickly purges the town of zombies before sitting in the center of their fortress and asking them to talk him of their culture as he extends his strength to the earth, enriching the soil and getting it back up to the point at which small game roams once more. As he does so Streit teaches the villagers to hunt and fish and prosper off the land without destroying it. (essentially attempting to convert them to be woodland people)

After this is done... well we'll see if it is done first :smallbiggrin: