PDA

View Full Version : Factotum help!

Elvencloud
2011-07-08, 12:31 AM
I'm not a gnome, and I don't have a quick razor.
But I love my Iajutsu Focus. <3 So I'm looking at getting marbles (arms and equipment), but I can't buy them!!!... I'm in the World's Largest Dungeon.
Is there a low level spell that could create them? A minor creation or something?

Zaq
2011-07-08, 12:40 AM
I'm not a gnome, and I don't have a quick razor.
But I love my Iajutsu Focus. <3 So I'm looking at getting marbles (arms and equipment), but I can't buy them!!!... I'm in the World's Largest Dungeon.
Is there a low level spell that could create them? A minor creation or something?

Marbles are really, really cheap. A simple Craft check could polish up some pebbles you find to turn them into marbles. I don't know what that Craft check would be (rock polishing? Toymaking? Marblesmithing?), but you're INT-based, and it's a really easy check. Also recall that the time a Craft check takes is based on the cost of the item, and a bag of marbles costs 2 sp. The craft DC for a very simple item (and you're not going to convince me that a marble is anything but a very simple item) is 5. You can voluntarily increase the Craft DC to speed up the crafting time. Progress in cp = check result times DC, and you need a total of 20 cp to succeed, which means that if you succeed on the DC 5 craft check, you literally cannot fail to make them . . . and then voluntarily bumping it up to 15 for accelerated crafting (which you can hit with no problem, right? Taking 10 + 3 INT + 2 tools = 15, ranks or no ranks) means that you're making a minimum of 22.5 sp worth of marbles per check, or over 11 bags of them. Crafting marbles is really easy and really fast. Just make 'em yourself.

Fouredged Sword
2011-07-08, 06:29 AM
Consider as a feat takeing martial study for the dimond mind strike that forces your foe to be flat footed with a concentration check. It would be once per round for you, unless you diped warblade to get it (I would, it's awsome on a factotum base). Ether way a good investment.

Steel wind to hit two foes with one focus attack (both getting focus die)
Nightmare blade for easy flat footed.
There is other good stuff to. Look into it.

Darrin
2011-07-08, 07:11 AM

Stone shape should work. Assuming a 5th level caster, that's 15 cubic feet... granite/basalt/glass/quartz appears to weigh about 160 lbs per cubic foot... that should create about 400 bags of marbles.

Psyren
2011-07-08, 08:40 AM
Here's a spell that can make them (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/grease.htm) :smalltongue:

Alternatively: Minor Creation should definitely work, just make them out of polished wood - this satisfies the "vegetable matter" requirement - with an appropriate Craft check.

graeylin
2011-07-08, 09:55 AM
what about Prestidigitation?

or would they be too cheap and fragile, per the spell, to work as a weapon?

Major
2011-07-08, 03:11 PM
If Pathfinder is an option the feat "Caught off Guard" with a yo-yo :P