PDA

View Full Version : What happens now to........

firesail
2011-07-08, 04:22 AM
Azure City ( Shojo, Kato clan, etc....)

Hilgaya ( the dwarf from Dorukans Gate which was with Nale)

Post any speculations here!
:smallbiggrin:

P.S. Im new.. so Hi!

Funkyn
2011-07-08, 06:50 AM
Welcome to the forums :smallsmile:
I think after Durkon yelled at Hilgaya, she went back to the Dwarven lands. It didn't seem like she had a lot left to do in the human lands - she had been cleric for the Linear Guild, then rejected by Durkon.

NYCharlie212
2011-07-08, 06:52 AM
Welcome to the forums :smallsmile:
I think after Durkon yelled at Hilgaya, she went back to the Dwarven lands. It didn't seem like she had a lot left to do in the human lands - she had been cleric for the Linear Guild, then rejected by Durkon.

With the return of Z, we can't count out the return of Hilgya. It'll be hard to say.

ref
2011-07-08, 10:29 AM
Shojo is dead. Hinjo and the rest of paladins are re-building in an elven island. They want to recover Azure City.

Xacal
2011-07-08, 12:42 PM
First of all, welcome to the forums!
As far as Azure City is concerned, I believe we still have yet to develope more on the elven insurgents plaguing RedCloak's goblinoid utopia. Perhaps that will tie in with Hinjo and his palidins? It's been a while since we saw them, though, so the situation could be anywhere by now.

PsychoticPanda
2011-07-08, 12:51 PM
Welcome to the forums! :smallbiggrin:

My theory for Hilgayla is that she will return soon, but when she does it will be to warn the order about some sort of trap the Linear guild set up. Once Nale learns of this, he will kill Hilgayla, providing some more character growth for durkon. :smalltongue:

Ramien
2011-07-08, 03:49 PM
Remember, Hilgya was only working with Nale to steal the Talisman of Dorukon from Nale. If she does come back in some capacity, it's unlikely for her to work directly with Nale again.

calam
2011-07-09, 07:53 AM
I think that Azure city will probably be retaken at some point near the end of the series and I'm certain that the Kato family will survive but I don't think that the order of the stick will be involved though.

Hilgya might return but probably not long term. If I had to guess She'd return for 10 strips max.

Zerg Cookie
2011-07-09, 08:31 AM
Hilgya might play a role during Kraggor's gate's arc.
Origins spoiler + speculation that just came to my mind

She might have something to do with the doom Durkon's gonna bring with him.

Bedinsis
2011-07-09, 01:02 PM
The Katos, having birthed their child, are battling the monsters on Azurite Island, an experience we'll experience first hand with the release of the next official board game.

(not very likely, I know)

I don't know where Hilgya is, but I doubt she has returned to the Dwarven lands; given her abandonment of her husband, I doubt she'd welcomed back.

t209
2011-07-09, 01:12 PM
All we have to wait is for Azurites and Elf Coalition(and Probably OOTS and Tarquin) to make a beach landing on azurite arc.

skim172
2011-07-09, 06:03 PM
Well, realistically, two scenarios might happen...

The Azurites will attempt to establish a fledgling colony, but the difficulty of raising enough food and resources to support the survivors of an entire kingdom will do nothing to stem the steady flow of emigrants to other, more stable countries. Famine, disease, and winter will claim many lives. As more and more leave to cities and lands elsewhere, the remaining population turns inward and attempts to hold together their dwindling society by imposing a traditionalist dogma, enforced by a ruling elite. If the new polity survives its first few decades, it will become a backwards hermit society that views outsiders and modernization with paranoia and suspicion. Alternatively, an expansive neighbor will assimilate them into their culture, either through outright conquest or simply the overwhelming mass of its population and culture, leaving only a scattered, impoverished few in the hinterlands who claim to be the true Azurites.

Unless, of course, the Azurites bring to the new continent several deadly bacterial strains to which they are immune but the local populations are not, as well as some scavenging, disease-carrying invading species. A deadly epidemic decimates existing populations and cripples the power of the native polities, giving the Azurites a century or so to rapidly expand into abandoned territories and establish a strong power base from which they will be difficult to unseat.

Hilgya will return to her clerical duties, which involve transcribing the Book of Loki onto fresh parchment, sweeping the floors of her monastic cloisters, and tending to the bean garden in between prayer and chanting sessions. She will develop a radical new theory on inherited traits through the passing of what she will call "je-eens," through her obsessive bean cultivation, which, ultimately, will be ignored by the academic public to whom the theory is far beyond comprehension. It will eventually be dug up and recognized for its brilliance long after her death, but the discoverer will instead claim it as his own discovery, so dousing the last flicker of her historical legacy.

Or, alternatively, no one in this world actually studies science, since magic apparently can solve every single problem, so concepts like "the pursuit of progress and knowledge" are laughably unnecessary when people can make balls of fire fly out of their hands and resurrect people from the goddamn dead.

NoobForHire
2011-07-10, 07:16 PM
Perhaps when Durkon dies, they'll return to the dwarven lands, and Hilgya will be there and res him?

Speculation.

Zerg Cookie
2011-07-11, 07:42 AM
Perhaps when Durkon dies, they'll return to the dwarven lands, and Hilgya will be there and res him?

Speculation.

tbh, I really like that idea.